10850 W. Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westsidetavernla.com/
- Phone: 3104701539x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Ben Cohn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Westside Tavern offers 2 private dining rooms:
The Westwood Room, which can accommodate seated dinners of up to 66 guests or standing receptions for up to 100.
The Cedar Room accommodates up to 26 seated guests or standing receptions of up to 40.
The rooms can be combined to accommodate a seated dinner of up to 80 guests or standing reception of up to 150
The Westwood Room has a private full service bar.
Both rooms have Audio/Video Equipment
- Special Events: Westside Tavern’s two stunning private dining rooms incorporate modern and rustic elements to render a warm, residential environment that is equally suited for personal occasions and business entertainment.
A word from Westside Tavern
Westside Tavern is a social, urban-minded restaurant, featuring chef-driven California Tavern Cuisine alongside a complimentary selection of fresh cocktails, California craft beers and a boutique wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Westside Tavern - Best Restaurants in West Los Angeles ›
Westside Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (66)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (29)vibrant bar scene (21)special occasion (16)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (13)notable wine list (8)romantic (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- Reliable quality in the WestsideCatosaurusDined on 5/5/2013Westside Tavern is a great local place for lunch, dinner, or whatever. Parking in the Westside Pavilion lot is free for the first 3 hours, making it very convenient. Food there is always well prepared, and they have some very creative cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The soup/sandwich lunch comboAnonVIPDined on 4/26/2013The soup/sandwich lunch combo is a real keeper. While the soups rotate on a seasonal basis, the sandwiches do not, and they are all more than adequate. The salads are not as noteworthy - particularly the crab cake salad, which I found bland and disappointing.Special Features:
- Mostly wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/14/2013This was my 3rd time at Westside Tavern. The food and service are consistently excellent. My only two quibble: the noise was a bit overwhelming this time (4:30-5:00 on a Sunday), and I had to ask my companion to repeat herself several times in the conversation; and my booth seat was ripped; it had been "McGyver'd" with duct tape, but still had some jagged edges, so I had to be cautious so that it did not snag my garment.Special Features:
- Flatbread was as deliciousNanaVIPDined on 4/10/2013Flatbread was as delicious as always. Lobster in the lobster roll was not very sweet or tender and portion of meat was small. Shrimp cake was good but server did not say it was spicy andsandwich had sliced jalapenos which I cannot eat!Special Features:
- Had a business lunch thereJoJoDined on 3/28/2013Had a business lunch there and it was perfect. Something for everyone. Great service, quiet enough to talk and not rushed!Special Features:
- Great spot for pre/post-movieOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/28/2013Great spot for pre/post-movie dining. They don't take dinner reservations, so the wait can be long and frustrating.
- Always an excellent meal!PhyllisVIPDined on 3/19/2013Always an excellent meal! Love this restaurant....only problem is its popularity. At night it's hard to get a table.Special Features:
- Will NOT returncathieloloVIPDined on 3/14/2013My first time there, recommended by a friend. We found a parking space on the street - SCORE! - which probably shaved 20 minutes off of our time away from the office, since parking would normally be in underground parking structure, which is very time-consuming. So that's a detraction from this restaurant right off the bat. The appetizer was good. My main course was bad. Ambiance was non-existent. No reason to return.
- Excellent food. Sharp server.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/3/2013Excellent food. Sharp server. Food a little slow out if the kitchen, but clearly prepared from scratch for each creative item. Varied menu, very appealing.Special Features:
- great middle spot for thoseOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/1/2013great middle spot for those coming from Santa Monica and West HollywoodSpecial Features:
- The best in every way!!NanaVIPDined on 2/20/2013The flatbread is amazing as is the sticky toffee pudding. The waitress was quite professional!! Everyone is warm, friendly and helpful. Kudos to Sarah in catering!!!Special Features:
- The kitchen makes occasionalAnonVIPDined on 2/20/2013The kitchen makes occasional mistakes but cheerful servers make things right quickly. Always a pleasure to dine thereSpecial Features:
- Excellent flatbread and deliciousNanaVIPDined on 2/11/2013Excellent flatbread and delicious short rib grilled cheese sandwich. Service was very professional.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)RobbieVIPDined on 2/1/2013We were seated quickly, the server was excellent and the food was delicious. I had an excellent veggie burger and a cup of parsnip soup and both were terrific.Special Features:
- Great after movie spot. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/27/2013Great after movie spot. They don't take dinner reservations but we made a 4:45 reservation and had an early dinner. It was already quite busy because they have a lot of large booths, big enough for 6 but often with only 2 diners.
- Love this place - never failsJamesJudeDined on 1/24/2013Love this place - never fails to deliver amazing food, great wine and knowledgeable service.Special Features:
- Food was delicious. You mustemilyvnDined on 1/18/2013Food was delicious. You must have desert, and it has to be the Sticky Toffee cake. It's like eating heaven.Special Features:
- The food is always deliciousPartyof5VIPDined on 1/15/2013The food is always delicious and looks good on the plate. The service is spot-on. It does get a bit noisy in there and there is often a wait for a table. The only thing I would change; the menu could offer a few more choices - if you go there very often it gets a bit limiting, although the specials are usually very interesting.Special Features:
- Terrific spot, especiallyDrRichVIPDined on 1/14/2013Terrific spot, especially before or after a movie at the Landmark.Special Features:
- Who Would Have Thought?BeverlyHillsDinerVIPDined on 1/14/2013Friends had mentioned this restaurant to me as worth visiting and I had always conveniently forgotten to take them up on their recommendation. After all, what could you expect from a restaurant in a middling mall that's a floor below some movie theaters? Well, I finally gave into curiosity and was pleasantly surprised. Aside from the generic interior, the food and service were exceptional. I'll be back. I'm sorry I waited so long.Special Features:
- Awesome local restaurant withBusinessLuncherVIPDined on 1/14/2013Awesome local restaurant with great service. The lighting is a bit difficult in the day with a strange glare throughout, but overall very comfortable and excellent specials with unique combinations of delicious and healthy food!Special Features:
- Good and convenientJoanneDined on 12/31/2012We like it because the food is interesting and we can go to the movies upstairs and part below. Convenient.Special Features:
- Always wonderful...I'm a regularPhyllisVIPDined on 12/29/2012Always wonderful...I'm a regular because the food is fantastic.Special Features:
- Don't count on a friendly HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/18/2012Delicious! Worth my money. I eat here once a week. Only problem are the Hostesses. Servers and Bartenders are excellent!Special Features:
- Delightful afternoon, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2012Delightful afternoon, good dining and so convenient. One stop park, shop, lunch and a movie.Special Features:
- Food and service were verysantarosatouristsVIPDined on 11/29/2012Food and service were very good. Way too much noise for us.
- Flat bread was delicious asNanaVIPDined on 11/14/2012Flat bread was delicious as always but acorn squash was quite disappointing-3 tiny pieces that were barely baked-not up to Westside Tavern's high standards.Special Features:
- Service was fantastc and thLive2eatDined on 11/11/2012Service was fantastc and th food was delicious (not great, by tasty). The prices are typical for a sit down restaurant.Special Features:
- A Welcome SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Love the Westside Tavern. Good food and service. Sometimes the noise is too much for us, but they are pretty good about turning it down--at least while we are there.Special Features:
- Located within the LandmarkAnonVIPDined on 10/26/2012Located within the Landmark Theatre building, the Tavern is perfect for pre- or post-movie food. There are lots of places to eat within 500 yards but this is the best of the lot for burgers, flatbreads and light entrees. Make a reservation if you don't want to wait.Special Features:
- My meal was excellent; allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012My meal was excellent; all six people in our group cleaned their plates. But the bread served before lunch was simply awful - dry and tasteless ... probably stale.Special Features:
- Great food at a convenientBellaDined on 10/17/2012Great food at a convenient location..before or after a movie, a business meeting, great menu choicesSpecial Features:
- Perfect lunch spot!NanaVIPDined on 10/17/2012The best flatbread anywhere! Delicious chicken caesar salad.. Everything was great.Special Features:
- Despite the fact that theEmichelVIPDined on 10/13/2012Despite the fact that the restaurant is in the Westside Pavillion mall, the menu is creative and the food is consistently fabulous. Even carnivores will love the carmelized cauliflower and speciality salads. My family makes it a point to travel all the way from Downey to the Westside--not only because it's conveniently located by the Landmark Theater, but because a meal at the Westside has become an absolute "must". Eat out in Beverly Hills? No way--not when you've got the Westside Tavern just a few miles away!Special Features:
- I love this restaurant...ALWAYSPhyllisVIPDined on 10/13/2012I love this restaurant...ALWAYS a special meal. Make sure you try the flatbreads.Special Features:
- An all around winner!NanaVIPDined on 9/21/2012Everyhting we ate was icredibly delicious especially the flat bread!!! The service was excellent and the comped birthday dessert was a real winner-the sticky toffee cake!! Yum!!!!Special Features:
- Reliable in the Westside PavilionCatosaurusDined on 9/8/2012Met a friend for lunch, and we were treated very nicely. We shared a hummus appetizer and each ordered a salad. The hummus was delicious, garnished with tomatoes, Greek olives, and feta, and served with warm pita. My salad was a daily special (off-menu): a Chinese chicken salad that was just OK. I like this place, but the food occasionally misses the mark.Special Features:
- The food never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012The food never disappoints at the Westside Tavern. My only issue there - is the glare from the windows. I have been there four times now, have sat in totally different places, and I still get a strong glare. Perhaps some kind of window treatment? They also could not find my reservation but fit us in.Special Features:
- Amazing food always!NanaVIPDined on 8/22/2012The watermelon, herloom tomato gazpacho was the best soup I have ever tasted!! The turkey burger was amazing too. I have had conisitently great meals at this restauratn!!Special Features:
- Excellent menu - particularlyBDelPVIPDined on 8/21/2012Excellent menu - particularly the lamb sandwich, cauliflower, brussel sprouts. The herb cocktails are also very good.Special Features: