10850 W. Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westsidetavernla.com/
- Phone: 3104701539x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Ben Cohn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Westside Tavern offers 2 private dining rooms:
The Westwood Room, which can accommodate seated dinners of up to 66 guests or standing receptions for up to 100.
The Cedar Room accommodates up to 26 seated guests or standing receptions of up to 40.
The rooms can be combined to accommodate a seated dinner of up to 80 guests or standing reception of up to 150
The Westwood Room has a private full service bar.
Both rooms have Audio/Video Equipment
- Special Events: Westside Tavern’s two stunning private dining rooms incorporate modern and rustic elements to render a warm, residential environment that is equally suited for personal occasions and business entertainment.
A word from Westside Tavern
Westside Tavern is a social, urban-minded restaurant, featuring chef-driven California Tavern Cuisine alongside a complimentary selection of fresh cocktails, California craft beers and a boutique wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Westside Tavern - Best Restaurants in West Los Angeles ›
Westside Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (66)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (29)vibrant bar scene (21)special occasion (16)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (13)notable wine list (8)romantic (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- It's an easy place to havetravelforfoodVIPDined on 2/5/2014It's an easy place to have a meal if you go off hours or can wait to get in before or after the movies upstairs. They now take reservations for lunch, making it a go-to place to meet for business lunches. Lead off with the tempura green beans while people consider the rest of the menu and everyone will be happy.Special Features:
- Consistenly great!EricDined on 2/3/2014From the time you walk in to the time you leave, every staff members greets you, thanks you and makes you feel good. The food is excellent, nicely presented, the choices are for everyone from vegan to meat eaters. I set up a lunch meeting and it was a great place for having meeting. Our server gave us the right amount of attention while having our meeting. He was A+++++. Westside Tavern is consistently great in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westside Tavern doesn't disappointCatosaurusDined on 2/1/2014I like this place for weekend lunches with friends. The food is well-prepared, there are good wines by the glass, as well as fun (and delicious) cocktails, the service is attentive, and it's quiet enough for lots of girl talk. Plus, there's 3-hours of free parking, and it's in the Westside Pavilion next to movie theaters and retail therapy. This time out I had a glass of sparkling wine, an Asian chicken salad, and a fantastic chocolate mousse (garnished with chocolate nibs). Delicious!Special Features:
- Very good place for a biz lunchsusipDined on 1/27/2014First time reserving on Open Table - no issues with my reservation. Food is consistently great - especially the hummus. Love this for business lunches as the food is just trendy enough but with some mainstays for picky eaters. Many, many guilty pleasures on this menu (DONUTS!!!) but easy to make some healthy choices too.Special Features:
- Nice for business lunchMangiaVIPDined on 1/8/2014A perfect meeting spot between Santa Monica and Century City. The Quinoa salad was delicious.Special Features:
- Terrific lunch or dinnerRobbieVIPDined on 12/23/2013Great spot in West Los Angeles to meet and eat. There's lots of menu possibilities to choose from. Convenient parking in the Westside Pavilion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner!!!NanaVIPDined on 12/13/2013Incredibly delicious steak salad-steak done medium rate as requested. Excellent chicken, avocado,tomato and bacon sandwich-The best bacon I have ever tasted. Service was professional and efficient. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back, again and again!cathieloloVIPDined on 12/11/2013We shared 3 appetizers - mac & cheese (aka CRACK & cheese - OMG, so addictive!), brusell sprouts & green beans. All ah-mazing. I had the veggie goat cheese sandwich and it was even better than the crack & cheese! We each loved our entres. The place was PACKED but the service was excellent, as if we were the only ones there. This place is unbelievable, EVERY SINGLE TIME! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always order the chicken/avocadoDancerDined on 11/19/2013Always order the chicken/avocado sandwich with fries.....delicious. This time had dessert too....also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- time for food and movieSandyjkVIPDined on 11/7/2013This very convenient restaurant has a varied menu, quick service and large room. Good for a quick meal or a leisurely one while attending the Landmark movie theater adjacent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grope neighborhood restaurant tmonalisa4VIPDined on 11/7/2013The food and service was good but the noise lever was too high and it was very Hard to hear the person next to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious!NanaVIPDined on 11/6/2013The artichoke flatbread and crab cake salad were quite good, but the daily special salad-Chinese chicken salad was a disappointment-very mundane with a tasteless, quite oily dressing. This dish should be improved or taken off the menu. Service was friendly and professional. This restaurant is always a winner! My favorite booth by the front window that I had requested was available which made me quite happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is an OK restaurant.BogeyDined on 11/3/2013This is an OK restaurant. There is a need for them to update their menu offerings. Been the same for two many years now. Booth seats are torn should be replaced as sitting in a torn booth which has been patched over is not good for a supposedly upscale restaurant. Food is medicore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location Location LocationGidgetGoesSeafoodVIPDined on 11/2/2013The restaurant is always packed given it's location (steps away from the Landmark Theater and the Westside mall). First time I used OpenTable to book here and was seated next to the kitchen door. NOTE TO OPEN TABLE: Why is that? We asked to move to a booth away from the door and they accommodated our request because a table opened up. Typically LA however: wait staff clearly have scripts or a face shot somewhere - visibly nonchalant, but decent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our lunch and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013We enjoyed our lunch and our friends did as well - Unfortunately I wasn't able to make the reservation with my account, is there a way that it could be credited to my account?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlyVIPDined on 10/30/2013Best cheese burger in L.A. and that is saying a lot...Special Features:
- Great service, terrific foodRobbieVIPDined on 10/30/2013And easy parking! Located in the Westside Pavilion, this restaurant is convenient, has good food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchKRussVIPDined on 10/24/2013I had lunch with threebusiness associates and was so delighted that we could actually talk and not strain. The tables are placed a nice distance from one another. We all ordered something different, and everyone was delighted. I had the salmon entree which was served poised upon a bed of puree of butternut squash and a side of delcious crispy kale. The salmon was cooked to perfect and was so delicious I ate every bite, which is rare for me. This is the first review I've written, but just had to share how fabulous that salmon dish was. I can't wait to go back and have it again. Service was great as well. It's a great meeting place between Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. Easy parking, too.Special Features:
- Always good!NanaVIPDined on 10/16/2013Food was delicious especially the beet and Burrata salad. Service was just fair and the cappuccinos were so cold we sent them back as they were undrinkable. This was annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The incredible Chef has createdDeniseDined on 9/15/2013The incredible Chef has created an extremely delicious menue. A true delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingNanaVIPDined on 9/11/2013Food was okay (although the flat bread was not as tasty as usual) but the service was not up to the Westside Tavern's normal high standards. After the waiter brought us our food, he never returned to the table to ask if we needed anything. In fact, we had to ask another waiter to get some drink refills. This is not acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not great. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/10/2013Service was not great. Had to ask for drink refills a few times and the waiter never checked back to see if everything was okay with our food.Special Features:
- Good Experience, Always PackedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2013A favorite restaurant in my neighborhood and very convenient for lunch/dinner before/after a movie at Landmark. But always busy, with intense energy and lots of noise. Service and everything was great--having a Open Table reservation makes all the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be more flexible with the menuPamBaker91423VIPDined on 9/4/2013I wish that you were more flexible. My business lunch guest asked if he could have chili on his turkey burger, and the server told him, "No, I'd have to charge you for a full cup of chili. It's the policy here." He then asked if he could have a side of a truffle sauce, and she said," No, it's only for the special dishes." Whatever happened to putting the customer's requests first. If there is an additional charge, I understand that. But your policies and how the server dishes them out makes the customer feel uncomfortable asking...you're not dealing with an ego driven celebrity chef here. It's a burger for goodness sakes. And, the lunch crowd was light... Really, do you want to lose business?Special Features:
- What happened to old Westside T?DinerVIPDined on 9/1/2013Over the past several years, we have been going to the Westside Tavern as much as twice a month for lunch, and the food has most always been quite good. Sunday was very different. Omelets that were among the specials were tasteless and definitely nothing special. The Red Quinoa, which has always been moist and a taste treat, was dry and tasteless as well. Is there a new chef? Well get rid of him/her!! We'll go back one more time and hope that things have improved, otherwise, we'll be going to Nordstrom's for lunch after the movies.
- A constant pleaserOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2013As usual, Westside Tavern continues to deliver the goods. Food was excellent, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!cathieloloVIPDined on 8/23/20133 of us went for lunch to celebrate a co-worker's birthday. They treated us all like queens, the food was EXCELLENT, as was the service. My friend ordered a side of fries with her salmon sandwich and received a salad, so when they brought the fries, they DOUBLED the amount! I also asked them to send "a scoop" of ice cream with a candle at the end of our meal, and the waitress brought 3 SCOOPS, since there were 3 of us. Couldn't have been a better dining experience. Thanks!Special Features:
- Great drinksPointhoarderVIPDined on 8/11/2013Great drink selection. Really enjoyed the peach buratta appetizer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/26/2013There is a nice variety of food choices and of course it is very convenient to the Landmark Theaters.Special Features:
- Creative Menu - Modern SettingHermosaPatDined on 7/26/2013This is the perfect spot for lunch or dinner if you want delicious, contemporary food in a comfortable setting. Servers hit the right note between friendly and professional -- obviously well-trained and prepared to recite the daily specials. Parking is convenient, and the location near the Landmark Theaters and shopping mall make it a wonderful stopping place, but it's a destination in itself if you enjoy good food and wine.Special Features:
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/22/2013Food is always good. Service is always good. no reservations at dinner is a liability but, will take reservations for lunch...make one. then no/little wait. food is always good...menu varies seasonally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem on the westsidehappycamperDined on 7/11/2013Not only is the food excellent, but the service is amazing. I messed up with a reservation, but they were so nice about it and made it OK. The entire staff is terrific. Just wish they would keep the tuna tartare on the menu all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food in a TavernSimpleFoodieDined on 6/1/2013The food was delicious. I usually order my burger medium well, but I forgot this time and still it was cooked perfectly. Service was not up their usually standard as the waitress got one order incorrect, but her replacement was friendly, knowledgeable AND the food was so good. I highly recommend their cheeseburger and the veggie chili is marvelous.Special Features:
- Great food and great beers!DocVimVIPDined on 6/1/2013I have eaten at Westside Tavern several times and I love it there. I usually go with my buddies and we love their beer list. All of their sandwiches and burgers are fantastic and their rotating flatbreads are great to share. I can't really recommend their tempura style green beans and mushrooms, but the calamari is quite good. Otherwise, it's a great place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!PhyllisVIPDined on 5/31/2013Westside Tavern is consistently outstanding! I have never eaten better flatbreads. The salads and the hamburgers are fabulous. Everyone in the restaurant is friendly and helpful. It is my favorite neighborhood restaurant and never disappoints.Special Features:
- Value for $$OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/27/2013I eat here at least twice a week since it's geographically desirable and easy. The food is consistently good and service is excellent. They don't take reservations after 4:30 so that's a bummer because you can't reserve for after the movies, but since I normally have lunch there, it's ok. Nice ambiance, not noisy. Not a happening place, but good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at the Tavern!EvierosVIPDined on 5/24/2013I always enjoy the interesting type of food the Tavern offers. In addition, the service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny amount of Food with High PriceKamaainaVIPDined on 5/16/2013On the ravings of the server, I ordered the cherry & goat cheese salad for lunch and was shocked at its tiny size. It cost a fortune, too. You've got to be kidding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConnieOConnieODined on 5/15/2013We had a very good server. Great choice of vegie dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is consistently good,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/6/2013Food is consistently good, service always friendly and accommodating.Special Features: