BluWater Bistro - Greenlake
7900 E. Greenlake Dr. N.
Seattle, WA 98103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
BluWater Bistro - Greenlake
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluwaterbistro.com/loc_gl.php
- Phone: 2065243985x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 12:00am;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Santos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for further details.
A word from BluWater Bistro - Greenlake
BluWater Bistro on Greenlake offers full bar service, happy hour, dinner and weekend brunches. Sit on the sidewalk patio or in the dining room by the large roll back windows and enjoy the people watching! Enjoy local Northwest Bistro comfort food and one of our signature cocktails in a warm neighborhood environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
BluWater Bistro - Greenlake - Best Restaurants in Green Lake ›
BluWater Bistro - Greenlake reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (6)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Service was absolutely horrible,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/25/2012Service was absolutely horrible, couldn't be worse. Went for a birthday dinner, awful waitresses, and got steak that was clearly cooked in the same pan as fish.
- I have never gone out forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2012I have never gone out for dinner on Christmas day, I thought the food was really good,promt, and plentyful! Pleasantly surprised! I would recomend!Special Features:
- Food was pretty good. HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2012Food was pretty good. Happy that they were open on Christmas. Parking is scarce, it seems.Special Features:
- We dined on Christmas dayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012We dined on Christmas day and I never find a holiday a fair time to judge a restaurant as it's just too crazy for the staff as well as patrons. However our food was pretty tasty, though not as hot as it could have been. Our waiter forgot items ordered a couple of times and they also came at odd moments (out of order), but it was understandable. The restaurant is a nice place with a pretty and large bar with lots of nice wood in it. The staff was pleasant and I would like to try it again on a non holiday. I was just so happy to find a spot that was open for Christmas dinner and with reasonable prices!Special Features:
- Yummy. Cute place, near greenlakeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Yummy. Cute place, near greenlake for walks. Still has tvs to watch the game.Special Features:
- Perhaps it was because weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2012Perhaps it was because we went there on a Christmas eve-we found the service pretty bad. We had reservations and the hostess sat us within a minute of our arrival. However, the table wasn't ready yet and she forgot/neglected to give us menus or set the table. It wasn't until we asked our server for these things that we got them. Secondly, they were short-staffed that night. Our server was almost always never to be found because she was too busy. We asked for additional steak sauce 3 times and it wasn't until we were about done eating that we finally got the sauce. The place was packed that night, with lots of people waiting for a table. We would have been out of there faster (and thus freed up 2 tables) had the server been more attentiSpecial Features:
- We went to BluWater BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012We went to BluWater Bistro in Greenlake with our kids for dinner on Christmas Eve. The food was solid and the waitstaff very accommodating of our large party, especially on such a busy night.Special Features:
- Went before attending a playBigGuyDined on 12/15/2012Went before attending a play at Bathhouse. The pair ravioli was excellent.Special Features:
- we came for the turkey dinner;susiDined on 11/22/2012we came for the turkey dinner; but they ran out! So No turkey Thanksgiving for us. Was a disappointment
- We went to Bluwater for thanksgivinGretchendersonDined on 11/22/2012We went to Bluwater for thanksgiving after researching several options. I had called ahead to see if they could accomadate vegan and gulten free...i was told they could, and that was not the case at all! We had a reservation as did most that day. We were extremely disappointed to learn that they were out of the soup and pumpkin pie (both options on the thanksgiving menu)! The restaurant was understaffed, overwhelmed and unprepared. My party of 7 and I have have no desire to return to Bluwater Bistro!
- Perhaps it's because we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Perhaps it's because we were there on Thanksgiving at prime dinner hour, 6pm, but... We were seated 15min after our reservation. Our water and bread were brought to the table 15 minutes after that. Our beverages arrived after our salad and I had to send mine back because there was stuff floating in the glass. They were out of soup and ham, options on the special thanksgiving menu. The prime rib was very fatty and undercooked according to my order. We were seated in a high traffic area but basically neglected by the wait staff. Needless to say we took our dessert to go. When we got home and opened the container, we found that our portion of pumpkin pie was about half the size of that which I saw on other tables. I guess they were run
- It was really packed on ThanksgivinOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012It was really packed on Thanksgiving night. Noise level was a bit uncomfortable and all the staff was extrememly busy but very friendly. We were suprised by the quality and taste of the turkey dinner! Great job.Special Features:
- We sat by the crowded doorwayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012We sat by the crowded doorway and people kept bumping into us. The food was not that great. The waitress was awesome.
- Everything was great, notOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2012Everything was great, not a complaint. Should have asked for table instead of booth but that's on me.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving BlissOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Totally exceeded our expectations for Thanksgiving dinner! VERY generous portions, and filled with flavor. We had reserved a table, but we really wanted to have a wonderful dinner watching the football game. We sat up at the bar with others who wanted the same and it was almost like family! I will definitely go back some other time for lunch or dinner. The location is awesome with Greenlake park right across the street.Special Features:
- Adult son & self and localOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2012Adult son & self and local went for Thanksgiving, a great deal at 29.95 per person and choice of 2 of 3 entrees: prime rib, turkey, ham. The prime rib was too fatty for me, my son ate that plus his. We all ordered the salad and soup and LOVED the salad: field greens, walnuts, cranberries and vinagrette. The mashed potatoes and gravy were delicious and generous. I didn't care for the stuffing but I like cornbread stuffing instead of regular bread stuffing. We all thought the pumpkin pie was spicy and delicious.Special Features:
- Right on the MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012Our experience at BluWater Bistro was exactly what we were hoping for.
- I think the wait person wasn'thmmmmDined on 11/11/2012I think the wait person wasn't having the best day, although the service was good...the cheeriness wasn't there. More than enough food except for the Belgian waffles. Noticed the drinks were pricey.Special Features:
- Delightful dinner for four.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2012Delightful dinner for four. Liked the mood of the restaurant. Our server was attentive and professional. The food was very good (especially the blue cheese salad), however, one steak was ordered medium and came with no pink at all. I would go back with no hesitation.Special Features:
- BluWater always good.lisafromazDined on 10/23/2012We've been here many times, and BluWater doesn't disappoint. Portions are huge, but many small appetizer plates are available. Good food, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Nice location & convenientOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Nice location & convenient parking for Greenlake. Staff were accommodating in allowing me to hold a window table while I waited for my party to arrive. Service a bit slow..took 3 requests to have water served to my dinner partner. Food was very good, wine selection pretty extensive for this kind of establishment. Very satisfied.Special Features:
- I tried the restaurant onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2012I tried the restaurant on Lake Washington for breakfast and was utterly disappointed. I eaten dinner here last year (2011) and it was great. Breakfast was so-so, nothing really notable.
- Good birthday lunch location!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2012I took my daughter there for her 21st Birthday lunch. We had a lovely time. Good service and food and the restaurant opens up nicely in the summer for outdoor breezes.Special Features:
- been here twice now - willGoGoBearVIPDined on 6/30/2012been here twice now - will not be going back. Food is ok...not great...perhaps not even good...but ok. That said, it certainly is not tasty enough to compensate for the poor service. My GF and I came to the conclusion after two visits that it isn't a matter of being lazy or not caring...they aren't "bad" service people...they are incompetent in the most objective sense of the word, without bias or prejudice. They simply do not know their jobs - they do not know what they are doing. My guess is that the restaurant hires inexperienced staff, and also has a high turnover... We will not be back...the food simply doesn't make up for the service...
- there was some delay whenRCB1VIPDined on 6/17/2012there was some delay when the waitress took some of our food to the neighboring table by mistake. the mimosa is well priced but was lacking in taste.
- Everything was worth returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Everything was worth return trip....the food was excellent!!!! The wait staff was so friendly. The only minimally negative comment is that I wish they had more choices or items labeled for gluton free choicesSpecial Features:
- We had a great Brunch, TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2012We had a great Brunch, The food and service were more than you would have excepted. We had a nice window table and the people watching was a highlight of the day. The parking was easy not what you think your going to get when going into thr big city.Special Features:
- The food was delicious! IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2012The food was delicious! I ordered the crab stuffed Mahi Mahi and it was one pf the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant! My husband had the New York steak and really enjoyed it as well. We will definitely go there again! They have a great variety of things to choose from at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Had an incredible meal atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2012Had an incredible meal at BluWater Bistro at Greenlake. Our Server Sam was amazing from the start to finish. She kept up with the level of service from start to finish. A sincere mahalo........Special Features:
- Great Weekend Lunch- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012I visited BluWater Bistro for a late Saturday lunch with my Dad, and we had a great time. Bread comes first, without asking, and it's warm, soft and served with a fragrant herb & chili oil. I ordered the taco soup (special of the day) and the mahi mahi taco platter. Both were delicious! The soup had the right level of flavor & spice, with a little fresh cheese and tortilla strips for garnish. The taco platter was HUGE and delicious- guac, chunky pineapple salsa with jicama & tomatoes, sour cream, and herbed mahi mahi that was fully cooked and moist. (A delicate balance to achieve, for sure.) Dad ordered a small ceasar and the fig ravioli, which he raved about! Excited to go back again and try the blue cheese, arugula and grape pizza! Yum!!Special Features:
- Great menu. Really nice feel.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2012Great menu. Really nice feel. but the food quality really doesn't stand up to a fine-dining standard.Special Features:
- The food was quite good, andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/19/2012The food was quite good, and the ambiance was very nice. There was a mix of couples, families, and people hanging out by the bar. Our waitress was busy and the service was a little slow, but that was barely noticed. Otherwise, a very nice dinner in a nice neighborhood for moderately inexpensive food ($12-22 per entree).Special Features:
- Great service, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Great service, great food, great location. Only reason I did not give 5's is because at the end of the day it is a neighborhood bar and grill and not a real fancy restaurant. Great for a date or going out with friends. My wife and I loved the skillet cookie!!!Special Features:
- the mother's day brunch menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012the mother's day brunch menu was pretty limited. other than that it was really good!Special Features:
- We took ou mothers here forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We took ou mothers here for mother's day brunch. The food was great. Our waitress makayla was awesome. I will for sure be going back.Special Features:
- Great for brunch followedMercerGirlDined on 5/13/2012Great for brunch followed by a walk around Greenlake on a sunny Sunday.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the atmosphere ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012I enjoyed the atmosphere of this restaurant. Didn't take part in happy hour, but looked like good deals. Great location! After dinner we took a walk around greenlake, very convenient. Food was pretty good and desserts were delicious!Special Features:
- The neighborhood is nice andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2012The neighborhood is nice and so is the atmosphere. However the downfall of this restaurant is the food. It was the blandest I've had. My husband ordered the kobe beef burger. Also bland. I ordered the fish tacos and paid $16 and still had to make the taco myself. Same thing, not a hint of salt of seasonings. The waitress checked on us maybe once. Very disappointing and we will not be back.Special Features:
- We have gone to Blu WatereileencaDined on 5/8/2012We have gone to Blu Water for years, though hadn't been in awhile. Was pleasantly surprised with their menu which is much better now than it was a few years ago. Something for every mood. We will go more often now.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2012If the review was based solely on the food and our experience at the bar, we would consider coming back. However, we were so disappointed in the service, that I would be embarrassed to recommend this restaurant. The waitresses smile only appeared when she put down the check at the end of the night - took a long time to order, get the food, get the check, etc. They only checked in on us once, and that was from across the outdoor barrier to ask if we were doing okay. When ordering, the waitress didn't know/didn't offer any help with the menu and we felt as though us ordering was an inconvenience. I was really looking forward to having a nice restaurant in the neighborhood, but for now, I'll only come for a drink at the bar.Special Features: