Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville
851 Congaree Road, Suite A
Greenville, SC 29607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ruthschris.net/reservations/greenville/
- Phone: 864-248-1700x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room Hours:
Dinner Served Daily
Sunday – Thursday: 5 PM – 10 PM
Friday and Saturday: 5 PM – 11 PM
2014 Special Holiday Hours:
Thanksgiving: 12 PM – 9 PM
Christmas Eve: 4 PM – 10 PM
Christmas Day: 5 PM – 10 PM
New Years Eve: 4 PM – Midnight
New Years Day: 4 PM – 9 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Marclyn Ellison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth's Chris and treat your special guests to an unforgettable dining experience. Here you will find a wide array of information to help guide you through your event planning process at our restaurants located in metropolitan Atlanta, Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama, and Columbia, Greenville, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
It will be our pleasure to host your next party, meeting or banquet. To learn how, just visit us at: http://ruthschris.net/private_dining
- Private Party Facilities: Numerous private dining rooms accommodating from 10 to 300 people. The main dining room is open for dinner only, however banquet and meeting rooms are available for breakfast, brunch, luncheons, cocktail receptions as well as dinner. Within the restaurant, the Verdae Room seats up to 14 guests. The Congaree Room accommodates up to 36 guests, while the Wine Room seats up to 48 guests. There are also well-appointed hotel banquet rooms of various sizes, with the Ballroom accommodating up to 300 guests. Please ask to see our on-site Catering Menus.
- Private Party Contact: Casi Robinson 864-248-1702x
- Entertainment: RUTH'S HOUR
Join us for Ruth’s Hour and experience Ruth’s Chris Steak House at prices that sizzle with savings. Monday – Thursday from 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM.
Click the link below to view the menu:
- Special Events: Visit us at http://ruthschris.net/events to view our special menus and events.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville
Ruth's Chris Steak House is internationally acclaimed as "The Home of Serious Steaks." The menu features USDA Prime Midwestern beef - aged to perfection, broiled at 1800 degrees and served the signature Ruth's Chris way ... SIZZLING ... so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from the first to the very last bite. Mouthwatering fresh seafood, prime veal and lamb, and stuffed chicken are equally as outstanding. Enjoy New Orleans inspired appetizers like Barbecued Shrimp and Mushrooms Stuffed with Crabmeat. Salads, vegetables and potatoes are generous enough to share. Top it all off with a delectable Ruth's Chris dessert: Warm Apple Crumb Tart, Chocolate Sin Cake, classic Crème Brûleé and more. And, to complement your dining experience, Ruth's Chris wine list boasts over 175 select vintages. This is one big, thick, juicy experience that is sure to be memorable!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Greenville reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)romantic (12)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (12)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Filets, as normal, were simplyRAK74Dined on 12/31/2013Filets, as normal, were simply outstanding. Prepared exactly to our likings and stayed warm throughout the meal. I must admit that for the first time ever at Ruth's Chris, we were disappointed with the baked potato. While we ordered it loaded, it came with an over-abundance of sour cream, much too much to enjoy. Otherwise, a very nice NYE meal.Special Features:
- Too expensive for qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Granted we ate there on New Year's Eve, but my husband reported that his prime rib was nothing special, my lobster was overcooked, and my daughter's vegetables were nothing special. For a steak house, they should have better quality food, even on a holiday night.
- Always a good choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013I have come to depend on their quality and service. New places come and go but Ruth Chris is a mainstay!Special Features:
- NewbeForrestDined on 12/31/2013This was our first visit. I was very pleased by the way we were treated from the moment we walked in. The service and the food were both outstanding. We will be back to dine there again.Special Features:
- DisappointedJudyDined on 12/30/2013We've been to Ruth's Chris several times and been pleased with the service and food. Of all times for them to fall short, we had invited another couple. They were disappointed, too. We had requested ahead for 4 appetizers of escargot which isn't on the menu. They called me and left a message they would honor our request. About an hour before the reservations, they called and said they couldn't get it. The service was extremely slow. We waited for our check forever. We wonder why we tipped 20% - not worth it. Too expensive not to be out of this world like the one in Atlanta.. We'll be going back to Rick Erwin's for fine dining. They have never failed to get our escargot in either.Special Features:
- 4th Anniversary Night outmcsincnjDined on 12/29/2013RC followed my "special" request exactly. From the moment we arrived, the hostesses were warm & friendly. That continued for the next hour and half. Our waiter Jerry and his attentive crew were awesome. The lettuce wedge is a blue cheese lovers paradise. Not many places serve aged beef and none serve it on a 500⁰ plate. Our dinners were awesome. I enjoyed the lobster, scallops, shrimp & fillet, wife had the fillet. If you have (n)ever eaten at RC, you will not be disappointed in the quality and consistency here in Greenville. Everything was perfect. Even the manager came to our table, which should, but very seldom happens. Overall, our experience was five stars across the board. Chocolate mousse and apple bread pudding were the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner @ Ruth's ChrisNorsemanDined on 12/27/2013It was a special dinner for my husband and I--a celebration of Christmas and New Years. We were seated in a small dining room; very nice and romantic except that our table must have been directly ahead of the kitchen and the banging of items on the wall behind us was irritating to say the least. My filet was cooked perfectly for me, but, it was over seasoned and tough. I also had a lobster tail and that was good too, not exceptional. When you pay upwards of $50 per entree, I expect an exceptional meal and it was not that. Ruth's Chris is a great restaurant for a special occasion dinner and I'm glad we went, however, it will not be a memorable experience for us and I know that Ruth's Chris can be that and more.Special Features:
- Merry ChristmasNu2greenvilleVIPDined on 12/25/2013First time visit to this Ruth's Chris. As one of the few restaurants open on Christmas, Ruth Chris staff did their best to keep up with the demand. Service was slow at start and end of meal due to the volume of diners so more staff would have helped alleviate the gaps. Appetizers came very quickly once order was placed, same for main meal and was delicious...appreciated your being open and serving a very nice meal. Overall a very good dinner and Christmas Day effort.Special Features:
- Unappetizing ChristmasUnhappyDined on 12/25/2013My friend and I chose to go to Ruth Chris Steak house in Greenville for Christmas dinner. They had on special, Prime Rib. The meat was dry and very tough. It was difficult to cut with a steak knife. In a word, awful. What a disappointing dining experience. I will not dine with them again and will tell anyone who asks how terrible their overpriced food was.
- Nice DinnerPizzaman864Dined on 12/21/2013Service was excellent, only complaint is, our res was 7pm on a Saturday night, and we were planning on having the Porterhouse dinner for two, however we were told they were out. I just was so surprised, I would expect something like that from an off the wall place, but not Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair, at bestJeffMorrisVIPDined on 12/19/2013The service was excellent, the ambience average and the food only barely fair, especially for the price. The Mixed Grill crab cake was good, the steak was only fair and the chicken was tough and stringy. The bread, the grilled tomato and the shoestring fries, on the other hand, were excellent. However, given that Ruth's Chris is pricey and specially known for its meat, I would consider this dining experience in Greenville, SC fair, at best.
- Dull AtmosphereSharonaDined on 12/16/2013The food was very good. Service was very good. The background music was awful. The decor is drab and very plain. I wish they would spend some money to make it more attractive; after all, we spend lots of money to go there!Special Features:
- Great restaurantLuvGoodFoodDined on 12/11/2013We've been to other Ruth's Chris restaurants throughout the US, and have come to expect perfection, however this one went over the top. The service was impeccable, our server Martin was a true gem! The food was outstanding. We will definitely return to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great Steak!SteakloverDined on 12/7/2013I am impressed every time I dine at Ruth's Chris. The steak is well prepared and the flavor is wonderful. My wife and I have dined at Ruth's Chris on our anniversary every year for the last 3 years. It is a little pricey but worth it for the quality of food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EpicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2013Best filet and sweet potatoes I've ever had. The only item that was mediocre was the broccoli and cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent andDavidDined on 12/6/2013The food was excellent and the atmosphere was great. We were celebrating our anniversary and everything was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceChrisLDined on 11/29/2013We have been to Ruth's Chris several times in the last few years and we always have a great meal. The staff is extremely nice and helpful and even use your name if you book a reservation. Nice touch. Nothing is ever lacking at your table , glasses stay full and bread stays hot. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:
- Old ReliableDaveDined on 11/29/2013Ruths Chris is always good. Our waiter wasn't the best we've ever had, but the overall experience was great.Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening!AndrewVIPDined on 11/28/2013Thanks again for a great evening out Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyHondoDined on 11/28/2013We had the regular filets. Steaks were good, just not $40 good. Did not compare favorably with other pricey steakhouses. Decor was light an airy with no booths. Ok if you like that sort of thing. Salads and sides were good but skip the potatoes au gratin.
- ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONENJOYEDITDined on 11/22/2013This was an excellent choice for the celebration of 51 and 52 wedding anniversaries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Meal! Superlative Service!WeidnersDined on 11/10/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our experienced at this restaurant. Our hostess seated us immediately. Our waiter was knowledgeable and personable and the food - it was wonderful. The location was just off the interstate, so very convenient and the decor/lighting and quiet mood gave it an intimate feeling though it was an open seating plan. All in all, it was a lovely evening. Would love to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Overall outstanding experience.meltingpotDined on 11/9/2013Overall outstanding experience. They make everything amazingSpecial Features:
- Very good experience.2nd visitbbrooksDined on 11/9/2013Very good experience.2nd visit to a Ruth's Chris.Great on both visitsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iPadJohnDined on 10/30/2013We were there on the first evening that they were using iPads for perusing their wines and other items. We found it to be a handy and appetising way to look at their offering vs. a menu.Special Features:
- ServiceNotpleasedDined on 10/18/2013I just would like say that I thought that we got poor service. Our waiter took almost 30 minutes to take our order. For this to be an upscale restaurant I felt like we should have been served better than the service we received.Special Features:
- disappointmentgrumpyDined on 10/17/2013The food was great, the service impeccable but i can't recommend it because the prices are out of sight, the location is lacking in appeal, and the atmosphere is that of a Holiday Inn. Can't understand the chain's choice of location. Big mistake in an area such as Greenville that has a first class dining scene. Also, the portions were way larger than they needed to be. There is also no real wine steward. After discussing a choice with the "sommelier" he returned to tell us they were out of it, but ;highly recommended another. Of course, it was $10 more!
- Anniversary DiningSteakloverDined on 10/16/2013Not a lot of customers there even for a Wednesday night. Jerry, our server was very good. He knew the menu and specials and his timing for table visits was very good. The steaks were well prepared as expected. The sides were delicious, but the salad was a lot to consume before a good meal. The wine special was a great pairing for our meal and the bonus dessert we shared for our anniversary topped it off perfectly. We have had better steaks, but very few.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good material but...KentDined on 10/2/2013Had a great expectations to go from some user comments. Chosen Crab Cake as a starter and Porterhouse as main. Crab Cake was the best ever I've ever had. Porterhouse was so so. No where near I had at Lawrys. The worst one was the young guy served us who must have only 5 minutes training before he served us. Took orders wrong three times out of three, slow and difficult to hear what he wanted to say. As named Restaurant, I guess they have to choose right staff or at least train people properly. We enjoyed Crab, but would never have it again by different reasons.Special Features:
- Great as usual!AndrewVIPDined on 9/22/2013Once again RC provided outstanding food and service. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2013Excellent birthday meal for my husband! We had to make last minute reservations on a Friday night, but they did a wonderful job of accommodating us and treating him very well. Another wonderful experience here, as we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection that is not overdoneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2013There is something to be said for simplicity and Ruth Chris is a tremendous example of that. Steak and seafood of top quality cooked to perfection. Not all frou-froued up but perfect for exactly what you went there for. And across the board from the sides, the desert and even the French press coffee. The service was impeccable. We went on a Thursday night so it was quiet, not very crowded. Definitely a go-to place for a special occasion for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was very romantic and thecinnabun1014Dined on 9/7/2013It was very romantic and the service was out of this world. The food was to die for. Everything was perfect..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHappyDined on 8/25/2013NOTE: The noise level was great in restauraunt, however; we had noise at our table we had a baby with us and I hope we didnt make too much noise. The food and service was Excellent!! Thank You!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much ButterSharonaDined on 8/24/2013My steak was floating in too much butter, the potatoes also had way too much. I suggest you request either no butter in the cooking of the steak, or very little. I think prices do not represent the quality.Special Features:
- great diningBilloDined on 8/24/2013Almost perfect experience. Steak was just plain good. Small side dining room was quiet and intimate. Brandon was waiter from heaven. Reommended wine was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all goodicemanDined on 8/23/2013This was everything I've heard it was. Probably the best steak I've ever had. Definitely the hottest! I can't remember a time where the steak didn't go cold during the meal. Thier's didn't! Also the fried oyster's and sauce....probably the best I've ever tasted. All in all....one of the best meals I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertDelayneDined on 8/22/2013The bread pudding was awesome. Could have been a touch warmer. The bread was room temp when it arrived to the table. It was still delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very surprised, but ...ZorroDined on 8/22/2013I thought the food was very good. Among the best Caesar salad I've had and though a bit underseasoned for my palate the filet was very good. I was quite disappointed with the bread which they also seem to use for the bread pudding. Overall a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceDianaDined on 8/18/2013We have never had a bad experience at Ruth's Chris. The food is always excellent and the staff is always attentive. This has become our favorite place to dine.Special Features: