Timo Restaurant & Bar
17624 Collins Avenue
Sunny Isles, FL 33160Neighborhood:
Sunny Isles Beach
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Timo Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.timorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3059361008
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tim Andriola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Emily Byrd 3059361008
- Special Events: for 31.December 2010 : 1st seating at 5pm - 7:30pm ; 1st seating 3 courses pre-fixed menu or ala card.
1st seating Customers must leave before 9pm.
2nd seating starts at 9:15 pm 4 course pre-fixed menu included midnight toast and party favor.
Wine-pairing is available.
CC is required for both seatings
A word from Timo Restaurant & Bar
Inspired food, carefully selected wines, attentive service and beautiful decor combine to create a memorable dining experience at Timo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Timo Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Sunny Isles Beach ›
Timo Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (20)notable wine list (19)good for groups (12)romantic (10)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food good, service poorReneeVIPDined on 1/24/2014We arrived and were seated on time. I had to "collar" a waitor after 15 minutes, to order a cocktail. Brad and butter had to be requested after another 10 minutes. The food was good. The pizza excellent. We shared as an appetizer. My wife had tuna, grilled and rare. I had a cod dish that was perfectly cooked. I would have given the restaurant 4 or 5 stars if the service was better.
- Consistently GoodLastnightDined on 1/22/2014Timo is truly a neighborhood gem. Food is always well prepared and well served. I love their thin crust pizza appetizer, the beet salad, the gnocchi and their signature plate, the branzino, but last night the cod was delicious. The ambience is very chic and refined. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-ratedFoodCriticDined on 1/20/2014Not sure what others see in this place. Over priced, over-rated, nothing special. I guess in the dessert any water hole looks good.
- Our dinner group became 8,thecanadianfoodieVIPDined on 1/7/2014Our dinner group became 8,the weather was rainy,and we wanted a great meal closer to home.I checked out Timo (our neighbourhood fav )and solved everything in one fell swoop ! We had a big square table for 8 and the food was wonderful ! We ordered drinks and set to work !The fried oyster salad,along with simpler salads for the dieters,were shared as starters.Branzino (cooked in a parchment paper)was ordered by many,along with seared tuna on a bed of fennel,and tomato(perfect).Everything was was tasty,and beautifully plated.One of our friends(a fussy eater) said this was her best meal so far in South Florida ! All in all,food,drinks,service and above all having everyone sharing in the conversation was a major hit ! Thanks to management !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindVIP2VIPDined on 1/4/2014Regular menu item Branzino in parchment is excellent. Portion is small so a side or appetizer is recommended. Skip the butternut squash. Evening special of Chilean Seabass was reported by table mates to be good with the exception of the dollup of American caviar on the top that overpowered the fish. Interesting menu. Will definitely go back to try other items.Special Features:
- Timeless Timo never disappointsRinraterVIPDined on 1/3/2014I've been going to Timo's for years and it only gets better. Even during the busy holiday season where some restaurants fall below par due to the crowds, Timo was still superior. They honored the reservation, and the food and service was outstanding! And the place was packed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantJOELVIPDined on 1/2/2014Positives - consistently good food; very good service; nice ambiance. Negatives - restaurant is usually packed and extremely noisy; difficulty in getting good table because most tables are crowded together and hostesses seem to keep booths for their favourite people. We have been refused a booth several times even when there were 3 or 4 empty booths. Nevertheless, it's worth going to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was terrible - 1 hourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013service was terrible - 1 hour wait with a reservation!
- What a placeDRSEagleDined on 12/28/2013We have been to Timo's many times and have never had a bad dish. We like to go for special occasions or when we have friends in town. This last time was both. Most of us ordered a fish meal and loved them, my sister said we have to come back before they take the cod off the menu. The butternut squash and the cauliflower soup are worth writing home about (or at least writing a review about)...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to fix customer relationsFoodLoverVIPDined on 12/22/2013We used to be regulars but stopped because they seemed not to care when mistakes made. This can ruin even the best of food. We shared a pasta dish - inedibly salty. We sent it back for a new one. A quick "I'm sorry"¬hing more. If someone in kitchen had tasted it, they would have been shocked. We were with kids&asked for their food to come with the appetizers. It did not even though the server checked to find out what happened. Again, quick apology. Other misfires as well. At a restaurant like this, an offer of dessert or even taking the pasta dish or something off the bill is appropriate. Last time, over 35 minute for our table, again with nothing to placate us. It's simply not good customer relations. At these prices, it's not OK!!
- Lovely foodTuftyDined on 12/21/2013We have been coming to Timos since it opened. The food quality is excellent and the food tastes lovely.mgreat service especially by Gary at front of house. Always worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always measures up.DeaniaDined on 12/19/2013Strong point of Timo is that it's always predictably good. No negative surprises. Well-prepared and tasty food, served with pleasant and attentive service. We comfortably bring friends there. Strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timo, Not to be missed!SilverSueVIPDined on 12/18/2013Excellent dining, creative food, artfully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experienceDonnyandMarieVIPDined on 12/6/2013One of the best foie gras appetizers I have had, bar none. Fish was excellent, service great. This place is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSteveVIPDined on 11/30/2013Timo is THE restaurant in Sunny Isles Beach. Terrific service and wonderfully prepared food. In a word, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More care about reservations neededFoodLoverVIPDined on 11/22/2013We had a delicious dinner but the evening started off very badly. We were told we might have to wait 10 or 15 minutes for our table. This can happen. But we ended up waiting a full 30 minutes and it seemed like the restaurant staff was avoiding talking to us because of this. We were the only ones waiting so offering us a pre-dinner drink on the house would have been a very nice gesture or someone coming to our table during dinner and asking us if we were enjoying our dinner and apologizing for the wait also would have been welcome. Being a little apologetic or gestures of good will can make a lot of difference on final impressions.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!! BeenMichyVIPDined on 11/16/2013Excellent restaurant!! Been going to Timo for 10 years. We ordered the Caesar salad, and both had skirt steak for dinner. Too full for dessert though, choices were great. Great date night place.Special Features:
- We Enjoyed Our Visit to TimoBlueCollarFoodCriticVIPDined on 11/16/2013Our reservation was for 6:30pm. First, we had the foie gras crostini with caramelized oranges & fleur de sel. There were three small two bite pieces each on a crostini. It was a bit pricy at $19 but I wanted to try it, and it was very delicious. I can't eat much more than a taste of foie gras anyway. We then had the black and white pizza with fresh ricotta, mozzarella, provolone and truffle oil and a bit of black truffles. Very crispy crust and very delicious. We shared a main course of bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with cippolini onions, apple chutney, and fingerling potatoes. It was a large portion easy to share. Dessert was out of this world! Candied pineapple, ice cream, bananas, forgot what it was called but, it was just great.Special Features:
- We took family who were visitingSpikeDined on 11/10/2013We took family who were visiting from out-of-state and who hadn't been to TIMO before. We had excellent, food and service and we all enjoyed it thoroughly. We had a great waiter who made the evening a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Not so good this timeMSFrancoVIPDined on 11/8/2013We have been a couple of time to Timo and the food has always been good and carefully prepared. This time was one of those nights that Murphy was around. We had invited another couple to dine with us and was a disappointment to all of us. The small dishes were ok but the main dishes were missing taste and one even had a slight problem to it, that they did not charge us for it but they did not went the extra mile to leave a better impression, The worst is that was in the dish of one of our guests. We will be back again and hope all will go well this time.Special Features:
- Food good, service was poorJKMiamiVIPDined on 11/2/2013We've been to Timo countless times, due to its delicious food, casual yet sophisticated atmosphere and good service. Last night the service was terrible, food took forever to get to the table, server confused my order and barely apologized and honestly, seemed he couldn't be bothered with us. He lost interest as soon as we didn't order wine or drinks. He then proceeded to automatically add an 18% tip. We didn't lower it but I did alert the hostess. Food was pretty good but not outstanding as it usually is. Soup was too salty, pizza was a bit dry, but I am willing to give it another try, provided I get a different server next time I go there.Special Features:
- Timo never fails. I love it'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2013Timo never fails. I love it's New York ambiance, and its fine service, which is why I chose it to celebrate my birthday. I had the skirt steak which was cooked exactly as I ordered, and was tender and delicious. And fortunately, it's right here in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bright spot in Sunny Isles Beach24dinnerVIPDined on 10/28/2013Don''t think twice when deciding on where to go for dinner tonight. After reviewing the diverse menu selections, you will have difficulty deciding between a fabulous" Mediteranean Branzino " in Parchment Paper or a Skirt Steak prepared to your liking,with awesome russet fries. The mushroom Rissoto makes a great appetizer and you must end this culinary adventure with either " Baked Alaska " or " Macadamia Brittle " [ really unique ]. Come back often as the menu changes every three months and when suggestions are needed, Gary is always there to help with your selection . The " One and Only " Timo's always makes it an evening to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprisingly excellent!ZygomateDined on 10/25/2013We pick Timo because we were staying at Acqualina and the restaurant was conveniently located across the hotel. However, we didn't expect to be such a treat to the palate. The foie gras was succulent, as the mozzarella tomatoes and eggplant cooked in a clay dish. For main course we had the gnocchi, one of the best we ever had. And to top it off we shared a baked Alaska. We highly recommend this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best in Sunny IslesAlpHDined on 10/21/2013Whether you leave in North Miami Beach or visiting the area as a tourist, Timo is a gem you need to visit to taste the amazing appetizers, incredible main courses and out of this world deserts.Special Features:
- Poor Customer ServicefinedineDined on 10/20/2013The dining experience at Timo's was sub par conversely, the actual server was super nice. The octopus appetizer was too salty and my mother's order was delivered incorrectly on 2 occasions. Once after she specified she was allergic to the eggplant and second the pizza only had half of the toppings on it. The least that should have happened was for the manager to come over and apologize for the mistakes and offer something, anything in response to satisfy the customer. Needless to say I will not be returning to Timo's. Anyone can make a mistake but just on principle I will not be going back to dine in that restaurant!
- Good food and servicetcbrooklynDined on 10/12/2013We ate here after reading a few reviews we were very happy with the food and the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for usSpikeKittyDined on 10/11/2013Timo is nice inside except I did not like that there are two large TVs showing two different sports games in view of the dining room. The waiter left us cold. When asked what he recommended between two fish dishes, instead of going into detail about the dishes he basically said what ever I like with an unhelpful tutorial of the fish. Entrees had a nice presentation. The swordfish was underdone. The steak was a bit more underdone than ordered. The Brussels sprouts were mushy and had an off taste. Once finished we waited forever for table clearance and again for the check. To top it off, traffic is horrendous in this area. The place is very popular and was busy, but we won't venture back.
- Great food and good service,StevenLLCDined on 10/6/2013Great food and good service, overall great restaurant. Would highly recommend the black and white pizza appSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningFPI123Dined on 9/28/2013It was a special evening for my birthday with my boyfriend. I looked online at Open Table for a new Italian restaurant and found this gem of a local restaurant. The creamy soup, creative entree, and rich dessert were all amazing. Also I can't say enough about the ambiance and service. The waiters and manager just couldn't do enough to make the evening memorable. FPISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie heaven!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2013For us it's a neighborhood gem....but I'd drive across town for this place! Timo has not only out-survived many restaurants....it's thrived! Always has a great ambiance and energy...and yes, the food is spectacular. Their Roma Tomatoes & Cheese baked in a clay pot is deleeesh. The White Asparagus w/Fried Egg is delectable, as is the Foie Gras. We sometimes run in for a beautiful glass of wine and the Black & White Pizza (high quality cheese and shaved black truffle). The menu goes on with tons more choices....great fish/seafood options, steaks, chicken and more. Have not met a dish there that we, or and gusts we've brought haven't just loved. Okay...now I'm craving me another visit Timo visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timo has evolved into a SouthSteveVIPDined on 9/18/2013Timo has evolved into a South Florida gem. It is as good if not better than any top ranked Manhattan bistro. The food, service and ambiance are five-star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantluvgfDined on 9/7/2013We have always had a fantastic meal at this restaurant. Highly recommend it. Recently went and tried the Miami Spice menu, and the others ate from the regular menu. We were all pleased with our selection, food was great. Although crowded, they do not rush you through a meal, such that I had a reservation and had to wait 20 min for a table. Order the foie gras appetizer, one of the best things on the menu.Special Features:
- Had pizza appetizer, was thinPaulVIPDined on 9/6/2013Had pizza appetizer, was thin crust and delicious. For main course I had the Bronzino baked in a parchment with asparagus. It was the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service did not match quality of foOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2013Had to ask for receptionist, waitress inattentive and we did not receive a side dish. On reservation told them it was my 61st birthday, no acknowledgement
- Good FoodTeacherDined on 9/1/2013We had drinks that are big, 2 appetizers and we split the Yellow tale fish. It was serves as an even split with the vegetables perfectly prepared. It was a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very good. WeChathamfoodieDined on 8/26/2013Service was very good. We recommend the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with cippolini onions and peach caponata and the Beef tenderloin with gorgonzola and rapini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems to be getting even betterDisgustedVIPDined on 8/22/2013Food, service, overall experience was even better than usual.Special Features:
- Reliably greatSkinnyLizardDined on 8/20/2013Foods good, service attentive without being intrusive, and they accommodate requests for menu changes. We were late but they were really nice about it and just acted glad we came at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at TimoTonyDined on 8/12/2013I heard a lot about this restaurant, so i went to lunch on my wedding aniverssary only to find an average food, and a mediocre service, where you have to ask for everything from water or bread, even thought, there were only three couples in the restaurant, and i top of all to make me feel rushed to make decisions in my food selection because"the kitchen is closing at 2.00 pm" Needless to say i am very disappointed, don't worth the $130.00 a couple w/o drinks, neither the trip Tony the disappointed