Timo Restaurant & Bar
17624 Collins Avenue
Sunny Isles, FL 33160Neighborhood:
Sunny Isles Beach
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Timo Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.timorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3059361008
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tim Andriola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Emily Byrd 3059361008
- Special Events: for 31.December 2010 : 1st seating at 5pm - 7:30pm ; 1st seating 3 courses pre-fixed menu or ala card.
1st seating Customers must leave before 9pm.
2nd seating starts at 9:15 pm 4 course pre-fixed menu included midnight toast and party favor.
Wine-pairing is available.
CC is required for both seatings
A word from Timo Restaurant & Bar
Inspired food, carefully selected wines, attentive service and beautiful decor combine to create a memorable dining experience at Timo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Timo Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Sunny Isles Beach ›
Timo Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (26)notable wine list (18)good for groups (12)romantic (11)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- unexpecteddatazDined on 4/10/2014Restaurant that was picked for availability. when we arrived restaurant was in a strip mall, and almost turned back. Really GLAD we did not. Food was really very good, ambience was nice, and service was attentive. Great wine list and absolutely recommend a visit you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMarlaVIPDined on 4/9/2014It was an off night. Server was ambivalent and inattentive. Food was mediocre. Disappointed overall.
- We love this neighborhood gem!maxieVIPDined on 4/5/2014Warm friendly staff, great food, wonderful wine selection.Special Features:
- timo is a winner!!wineguyVIPDined on 4/3/2014food and service are tops! everything just pops with flavor and the service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findJferrVIPDined on 4/1/2014Service was excellent and the food was delicious. The Italian Ceviche was tasty. Most notably the scallops, which I wish the dish had more of, was perfect. The Black & White pizza was thin, crisp and not overpowering with the truffle taste. I called ahead to say we were celebrating an occasion and they placed us in a comfortable and romantic semicircular table. The wife loved their chocolate souffle dessert. She said the banana ice cream was delicious and all flavors complemented each other. Complimentary valet is also a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice girls night out!MarlaVIPDined on 3/31/2014Food was very good and service charming and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timo is still wonderfulCC10Dined on 3/27/2014Hadn't been to Timo in awhile and decided to get together some friends to revisit. - Menu is creative, food is still excellent, service attentive, and a lovely atmosphere. - A "Must Try" in south Florida!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consitently OutstandingjohnandkimDined on 3/26/2014The menu is creative with options for all dining desires. Changes frequently and is expertly prepared. wine list has great values present and the service is attentive, professional and genuine. I am a relatively frequent visitor and this restaurant consistently delivers. "You can taste the love here" A top pick of the Sunny Isles/Aventura area.Special Features:
- Absolutely outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/24/2014We hadn't been to Timo for a couple of years but have to say it was as good if not better than we remembered. The fish - I had the Branzino over asparagus, my wife had the yellow tail snapper over eggplant - both were superb! We don't normally have desert but decided to splurge with the macadamia brittle and Carmel ice cream - it was devoured and worth every single calorie! Just a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Creative and substantial cookingBobbieVIPDined on 3/24/2014Always consistent, always comfortable even if too noisy, extremely knowledgeable and accommodating waitstaff, limited but very varied menu and small plate offerings offer something for just about everybody including those who just want a pizza and vegetarians DELICIOUS! BarbaraSpecial Features:
- DissapointmentFidelDined on 3/22/2014I have always considered this place a nice restaurant and I have always enjoyed it. However, this time I decided to go for the Gnocci , and that was a big mistake. It was really bad, plus like a mixed taste of seafood and chicken soup, like they had the pasta in a soup bowl before serving. It was so bad that I had to ask the waiter to take it and I lost my appetite after that. I hope they pay attention to this option in the menu and either take it out or make it better.Special Features:
- DisappointedNosefoodDined on 3/22/2014Pretentious menu items that doesn't deliver. A pizza and a glass of wine is what is go for if I go. Also too noisy not suitable for conversations.
- Very good foodEpicurianDined on 3/19/2014We were in Miami for the first time and were looking for a nice place for dinner...having no one to recommend us a place, we went we the comments on the Web and were not disapointed to find a great place for dinner. Salad, cannelloni, and pizza were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual destination when in the areaLizaDined on 3/13/2014Every year when I'm in the Hollywood area I plan to eat at Timo because the food is excellent and the prices are moderate. I've never been disappointed in the food. The noise level can get a bit higher than I'd like when the restaurant is full (which is usually is), but it's within an acceptable level. Service is always good, too.Special Features:
- The service was a disaster.CicaDined on 3/9/2014The service was a disaster. The waiter didn't see that the food didn't come. But it came in the bill......
- One of the best Italian restaurantJoaoDined on 3/8/2014One of the best Italian restaurant in North Miami BeachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been back several times,beachdocVIPDined on 3/6/2014I've been back several times, always an excellent meal. Particularly enjoy anything done in their wood burning ovenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Timo (two nightscanadianfoodieVIPDined on 3/6/2014We went to Timo (two nights in a row) because we knew our Toronto friends would love it just as much as our other friends did the night before!! My husband was a good sport ! In fact it was another great meal and it will probably be our (not)last one this season as we go home in a few days.Our waiter was terrific.We had martinis,a cosmo and long Island iced tea to start.We followed with red and white salad appetizers,and cod and tuna for mains,We even shared a gelato dessert and ended with Caffe lattes.The atmosphere was lively and our friends said they will be back again too !Special Features:
- Don't expect great service!LuchiDined on 3/5/2014During the Winter season the restaurant is over crowded and the staff cannot keep up. We had to ask several times for water. The bread never came. the pizza dishes never came. My wife's food was coldish and the Waiter brought the wrong bottle of wine. While my beet risotto was great, we do not recommend the pizza. Even with a reservation, we still had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. Finally, I find it abusing that the restaurant automatically adds 18% to the bill as a tip to the waiter, whom is expecting an additional tip even though the service did not even warrant an 18% tip.
- Timo "s is one of our favouritescanadianfoodieVIPDined on 3/5/2014Timo "s is one of our favourites and quite close by.We brought some Canadian friends who had never been there and by the end of the evening we had 2 more converts ! We started with appetizers of red and white salad and crispy oyster salad,,,,,yummy.Three of us had fish,the foccaccia crusted cod was amazing,and one friend who is a pizza lover, ordered the large ricotta cheese crispy crust pizza.He was in heaven ! We enjoyed a nice Italian red wine with our meal and finished with tiramisu,and four scoops of gelato !Caffe lattes followed and we bid our good byes with big smiles after a great evening....Special Features:
- Not soo goodIzabellaVIPDined on 3/3/2014Went with my family of 9 people. were very dissapointed with the quality of food. I had soup claims minestrone which had sand in it. And it was too salty. Rare tuna was just ok. Will not go there again
- Good choiceGeminiDined on 3/3/2014Always consistently well prepared food, professionally served. Diverse and creative choice of appetizers and small plates. The risotto is outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice Find in Sunny IslesTomAnnCVIPDined on 2/26/2014We saw a nice writeup for Timo and decided to give it a try, as the restaurant was a short walk from our hotel. While the restaurant is in a small commercial strip, the decor inside was very well done. A nice brick oven in the back gives the place a cozy feel. Based on the crowd we suspect this restaurant is popular with the locals. As it was fairly late for us, we decided to share a few small plates, and wound up selecting several recommendations from our very friendly and personable waitress Lisa. Everything we tried was excellent. Definitely a nice alternative in Sunny Isles - we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2014i always go to Timo as routine, but this night was wonderful, the duck that i had with the red wine, was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseLauraDined on 2/26/2014We didn't know this restaurant until now. We were staying in a hotel close to Sunny Isles and we made a research online and decided to know the place. Great surprise. Food was very tasty and well prepared. Deserts were amazing! Fair prices. The only complain is about wine list, just few options for half bottles. My husband was driving so I wouldn't be able to drink a whole bottle so I had to choose a half bottle from a very limited list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprise findOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/26/2014Best Italian in North Miami/Sunny Isles. Don't let the sterip mall put you off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Home24dinnerVIPDined on 2/21/2014They recognize you when you arrive and are always there to make sure you are enjoying the Timo experience. Led by Tim and Gary, the expert staff never stops looking for ways to make your evening an enjoyable one. This night ,I marveled at the Chicken soup with dumplings [ better than Grandma's ],followed up with one of their extraordinary crispy thin pizza's with prosciutto. My daughter enjoyed her skirt steak prepared just right with russet fries on the side. The Red Snapper was another good choice for my BW. Meet your friends at Timo's as I did with two business associates dining there that night as well. On the way out ,it's always nice seeing you again with a hug to my BW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timo has been absolutely fabulouscanadianfoodieVIPDined on 2/19/2014Timo has been absolutely fabulous for the past two years...the food is tasty and beautifully presented,We have had the same good waiter quite often.The bus boy was new and I'm sure will improve as time goes on.We appreciated having a booth as we were having a quiet dinner with our son who had just flown in from Colorado.We decided on chilled white Sauvignon Blanc(Kim Crawford) and a bottle of sparkling and still water to quench our thirst.We nibbled on delicious flatbreads and decided to on tri-color salad appetizers,Our mains were seared tuna,foccacia crusted cod,and snapper,all mouthwatering and exquisitely plated.We still managed to make room for 4 flavours of gelato and fresh mint tea to end our wonderful supper.Bravo Timo !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Sunny Isles locationWallasweetVIPDined on 2/18/2014We've eaten here at least 4 times and the food is always good. The tables are a little close together and the ambiance is bustling and doesn't lend for a quiet relaxing dinner. But it's a good standby for a relatively quick lunch or dinner with a sportbar option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THe food was very good, theBettyVIPDined on 2/15/2014THe food was very good, the service was too slow, too crowed They did not bring the bread, they forgot to bring the side dish after we almost were done Perhpas if thye have some of the women picking the plates helping the low numbers of servers that can improve their service situtuation
- Very Good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/11/2014very good food and not too pricey with very nice service in a very pretty setting! A winner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disapointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2014We have been there quite a few times the food is always delish.Special Features:
- Tasteless foodmikeDined on 2/7/2014I ordered duckegg pasta. It was tasteless, the pieces of duck were boiled and also tasteless, my wife ordered some "mediterrenian bass" it was a very small piece of fish on top of 3 sparragus also tasteless
- Over spiced and over pricedMarkVIPDined on 2/5/2014If we did not know of a better Italian restaurant in nearby Hallandale we would have been satisfied and given Timo higher ratings. Some signature dishes were slightly off. For example, the overly-sweet caramelized oranges on the foie gras crostini drowned out the delicious but small sliver of liver. Compared to the foie gras on Krispy Kreme at a.lure Savannah, we found this appetizer wanting. Similarly, oregano overpowered the flavor of wonderfully tender calamari. The Strozapretti was too heavy a pasta to pair with red clam sauce. On the other hand, the scallops with beet risotto and black and white pizza were both excellent. Timo's wine list is good but pricey. Great atmosphere for romantic or special occasions.Special Features:
- Superb.BandGDined on 1/31/2014Located in a small strip mall, we could easily have missed this amazing restaurant. The staff was constantly available without being intrusive, and friendly while still professional. The wine list was expansive, and our server Jonathan quickly helped us choose the perfect red to accompany our meal. From salads to appetizers to main courses, everything was inventive, fresh, and delectable. The cod was to die for -- crisp and tender at the same time. And we were treated with a surprise dessert that was practically an art installation in itself, with homemade ice cream in a crisp baked sugar sort of bowl next to a baked banana made to resemble a large shrimp. Perfect ending to a marvelous and 100% perfect meal. You HAVE to go here.Special Features:
- Food good, service poorReneeVIPDined on 1/24/2014We arrived and were seated on time. I had to "collar" a waitor after 15 minutes, to order a cocktail. Brad and butter had to be requested after another 10 minutes. The food was good. The pizza excellent. We shared as an appetizer. My wife had tuna, grilled and rare. I had a cod dish that was perfectly cooked. I would have given the restaurant 4 or 5 stars if the service was better.
- Consistently GoodLastnightDined on 1/22/2014Timo is truly a neighborhood gem. Food is always well prepared and well served. I love their thin crust pizza appetizer, the beet salad, the gnocchi and their signature plate, the branzino, but last night the cod was delicious. The ambience is very chic and refined. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-ratedFoodCriticDined on 1/20/2014Not sure what others see in this place. Over priced, over-rated, nothing special. I guess in the dessert any water hole looks good.
- Our dinner group became 8,thecanadianfoodieVIPDined on 1/7/2014Our dinner group became 8,the weather was rainy,and we wanted a great meal closer to home.I checked out Timo (our neighbourhood fav )and solved everything in one fell swoop ! We had a big square table for 8 and the food was wonderful ! We ordered drinks and set to work !The fried oyster salad,along with simpler salads for the dieters,were shared as starters.Branzino (cooked in a parchment paper)was ordered by many,along with seared tuna on a bed of fennel,and tomato(perfect).Everything was was tasty,and beautifully plated.One of our friends(a fussy eater) said this was her best meal so far in South Florida ! All in all,food,drinks,service and above all having everyone sharing in the conversation was a major hit ! Thanks to management !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindVIP2VIPDined on 1/4/2014Regular menu item Branzino in parchment is excellent. Portion is small so a side or appetizer is recommended. Skip the butternut squash. Evening special of Chilean Seabass was reported by table mates to be good with the exception of the dollup of American caviar on the top that overpowered the fish. Interesting menu. Will definitely go back to try other items.Special Features: