Timo Restaurant & Bar
17624 Collins Avenue
Sunny Isles, FL 33160Neighborhood:
Sunny Isles Beach
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Timo Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.timorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3059361008
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tim Andriola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Emily Byrd 3059361008
- Special Events: for 31.December 2010 : 1st seating at 5pm - 7:30pm ; 1st seating 3 courses pre-fixed menu or ala card.
1st seating Customers must leave before 9pm.
2nd seating starts at 9:15 pm 4 course pre-fixed menu included midnight toast and party favor.
Wine-pairing is available.
CC is required for both seatings
A word from Timo Restaurant & Bar
Inspired food, carefully selected wines, attentive service and beautiful decor combine to create a memorable dining experience at Timo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Timo Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Sunny Isles Beach ›
Timo Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (25)notable wine list (18)good for groups (12)romantic (10)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- On a two week holiday as aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2009On a two week holiday as a adulkt and teen family of five, we ate there twice and on both occasions had a very good meal and discovered a new wine to us!Food was excellent - not the usual Italian fayre - the Sea Bass was possibly amongst the best prepared pieces of fish I have ever eaten. The service the first time was a little bit too attentive - but we British are a bit reserved when it comes to personal service in restaurants. A bit of gem this one which I would strongly recommend it for adult family dining and specia;l occasions.Special Features:
- it was great overall....wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2009it was great overall....would return again and recommendSpecial Features:
- Good friendly service. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2009Good friendly service. Excellent goats cheese starter - lovely flavours, quality dressing. Lamb chops cooked to perfection - I like them very pik. Potato a little under cooked; vegetables included in main disappointing - good job the the meat was moisew as the rest was a little dry. Wine selcted by waiter - a dry spanish white excellent - wish I could remember the label but we left it to him to meet our tast requirements and it was perfect. Left the choice of braqnbdy to the same waiter and that was sharp, over priced and disappointing. $160 for two was expensive for one starter , one sweet and two mains but we could have chosen pizzas or pasta. Loved the room. Tuesdays are quiet at 2030 hours. I do not like the tip being included at 17%.Special Features:
- I found this restaurent aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2009I found this restaurent about 5 years ago while on a busness trip with my husband from New York -we ended up eating there 3 out of the 5 nights we were there - EVERY time I'm down in that area - I try to get there - I'm NEVER disappointed! This time I brought family to celebrate a birthday - Its now their favorite place!!Special Features:
- I have many years going toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2009I have many years going to Timo it never changes, Iove it. MarissaSpecial Features:
- I really enjoyed the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2009I really enjoyed the food. I had the Miami Spice Menu and a can not complain about a thing when it comes to the food. The pork was cooked perfectly. My problem with the service was they took both my entree plate and my dessert plate before I had a chance to finish eating. I was on a business dinner there so I did not cause a scene, but if I was there on a personal level, I would say something.
- It was an amazing experience!!!!!SeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2009It was an amazing experience!!!!!Service was very friendly and prompty,ambiance is cozy and welcoming,staff is really attentive and we d a very unforgetable night.We do plan to be back with the whole family every time we visit Miami cause we live abroad,in Brazil.Definitly a place to remember!!!Special Features:
- I am in love with timo. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2009I am in love with timo. My boyfriend and I had our first date there in January of 2009, and have consistently gone back ever since. The food and service are wonderful, and we always get everything we expect everytime we return. Tony the waiter is amazing, he always makes us feel so welcome, and is so helpful when it comes to us picking the perfect wine pairing for our dinner. Everytime we go, it feels Luke our first date all over again....it's not often that you can find a place who makes you feel like that...so welcome, and at home. Like you never left. We will always go back!Special Features:
- We chose the Miami Spice Menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2009We chose the Miami Spice Menu. This has to be one of the best choices I have seen offered. I started with a spicy clam soup that was absolutely perfect. I had two large pieces of black grouper perfectly cooked and seasoned over saute spinach and mashed sweet potato, for desert I had an italian pound cake enrobed in a berry mousse with fresh raspberries on top and wonderful coulis on the dish. Dining companion started with a duck raviollo in a bing cherry sauce, followed by pork tenderloin over a ragout of sausage and beans, finished with a desert of dark chocolate cheese cake. We chose to have a flight of wines 3 oz of 3 different wines to accompany our meal, they were perfect companions. Waiter was very knowledgeable and service was excellSpecial Features:
- Timo is our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2009Timo is our favorite restaurant in the area, hands down. From the amazing service, excellence food to the great wines and knowledgeable staff... Timo is where we go, when we go to Miami.Special Features:
- This is our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2009This is our favorite restaurant in the Miami area. We go there about once a month. The menu changes frequently and is always very creative. Last week we had a pulled duck raviolo appetizer, a main course of pork tenderloin infused with the aroma of the wood burning oven, and a raspberry cream pound cake desert that was to die for. They have a great selection of wines by the glass, and we have discovered several that have now become favorites at home. The service is impeccable: prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable. Appropriate silverware is brought BEFORE a dish arrives (unfortunately not a common practice in the US), and bread crumbs are scooped off the tablecloth before desert. Convenient valet parking is available at the front door.Special Features:
- The waiter did not care aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2009The waiter did not care about the customers what so ever. The tables were exceptionally small and the whole place is small, too. The food was disgusting and there wasn't a large menu. I really did not like this place at all.
- with out a doubt this wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2009with out a doubt this was one of the better meals i have had in miami ,,,hats off it was perfect@@@@Special Features:
- Not great enough to go backrichVIPDined on 8/16/2009Not great enough to go back since there is too many restaurants in the area. Just an average place to eat.
- Have been to Timo on numerousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2009Have been to Timo on numerous occasions, but brought some friends for the first time. They were very impressed by the ambiance, food and wine selection.Special Features:
- Menu was unique and gastronomicGourmet1Dined on 8/14/2009Menu was unique and gastronomic delight. Wait service was excellent. Extensive wine list with great recommendation made by waitress. Looking for another reason to dine there - as the menu is somewhat pricey.Special Features:
- Squash blossom appetizer wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2009Squash blossom appetizer was yummy. I was happy to see lots of new items on the menu. Hubby and I shared the tomato consomme soup. Nice that they were able to split it for us, but the broth was so salty that I just picked the veggies out. The spinach tortellini with shrimp was lovely as was my partners' halibut. 4 out of 5 for us tonight!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant. LocatedGreatVIPDined on 7/10/2009Excellent restaurant. Located in a strip mall yet is always full 7 days a week. try the pizza.. the best. Every one who works there makes you feel at home. Excellent wine list.Special Features:
- Az always Timo was great.rsr1234VIPDined on 7/3/2009Az always Timo was great. The food and service excellent.Special Features:
- The food was superb,we startedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/2/2009The food was superb,we started with the foie gras and the seared tuna, and we shared the dishes, and we don't know which was better... they were simply perfect, then we shared the fried oyster salad and was exquisite, as entrees I had the rib eye and my wife had the halibut, and we both enjoyed the intense, yet delicate flavors of both dishes... the only sad part of the story is that by that moment there was no room left for desert. As far as service, we were treated like royalty. We are definitely coming back.Special Features:
- The food is consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/29/2009The food is consistently excellent and the service is some of the best in South Florida. The menu changes regularly, so there is always something new and interesting to eat.
- I have dined at Timo manyrsr1234VIPDined on 5/10/2009I have dined at Timo many times and it is always very good,Special Features:
- It was great as always. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2009It was great as always. The waiter was outstanding!Special Features:
- The food was excellent, fromMickmudVIPDined on 5/3/2009The food was excellent, from the oyster salad to the beets with goat cheese to the fresh fish it was wonderful. The service was terrific as wellSpecial Features:
- Wow, was I happy that thisLizBChicagoVIPDined on 4/23/2009Wow, was I happy that this place was down the street from where I stayed in Sunny Isles! Yes, it is in a strip mall, but so what - everything is in a strip mall down there! The restaurant has great ambience, the service is fantastic - really friendly and very professional and the food is to die for! From foie gras crostini with orange and sea salt to halibut with a saffron "bearnaise" sauce to black-and-white pizza (ricotta, mozzarella and black truffles .... ahhhhh), everything was just impeccable. I highly recommend it. Prices are reasonable, too, and they also do flights of wine for, like, $14-$15 - a great value.Special Features:
- We've eaten here for severalOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/19/2009We've eaten here for several years, for special occasions, casual dinners - eating from the tasting menu, small plates and entrees. EVERY single dish has been outstanding. Flavors are spot on, presentation perfect and service pleasant and professional. IF it weren't an hour and a half drive away we'd be regularsSpecial Features:
- The food was great and fairlyGGVegasDined on 4/18/2009The food was great and fairly priced for the quality. Found it in Fodor's as a find and was glad we went. Bus stop right out front made it convenient for us tourists without a car.Special Features:
- Excellent home made italianTatoVIPDined on 4/10/2009Excellent home made italian food. Outstanding pastas and very good wine listSpecial Features:
- FOOD WAS VERY GOOD. GOOD PIZZA,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/2/2009FOOD WAS VERY GOOD. GOOD PIZZA, GOOD BREAD. MY WIFE SAID DUCK WAS EXCELLENT.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful. EspeciallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2009The food was wonderful. Especially good was the oyster salad and scallop wrapped with duck - absolutely delicous!Special Features:
- Service was attentive andOoberskiDined on 3/27/2009Service was attentive and the food was attractively presented and tasty.Special Features: