Nizza - NYC
630 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Nizza - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nizzanyc.com/
- Phone: 2129561800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Andy D'Amico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Nizza - NYC
Nizza is a casual Italian restaurant located in the heart of Hell's Kitchen. Chef Andy D'Amico uses the cuisine of the Italian Riviera as a starting point for his exploration of Italy. Our house speciality is our "Socca." Socca is a chick pea crepe baked in our brick oven, traditional to the French city of Nice. Our menu has a wonderful selection of antipasti, salads, soups, pizza, pasta and entrees. We were higlighted in 2008 "Cheap Eats" issues by Time Out New York and New York Magazine. As well as Time Out New York's Top 100 food items of 2008.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nizza - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (89)great for lunch (51)great for outdoor dining (46)fit for foodies (37)late-night find (26)great for brunch (23)good for groups (18)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (11)special occasion (10)scenic view (3)Show More
- Not greatcriticDined on 8/10/2014We ate here before the theater; the location was good for us. The menu was enticing, but the food was only mediocre. They seem to use a lot of cheese and other fat to make up what they are missing in spicing and delicacy. The bean salad would have been good had the beans been clipped and were the dressing less oily and more tasty. The pizza was okay. Our other dishes were too rich and not flavorful enough. I did not have wine or dessert. I chose a booth, hoping it would be less noisy than the rest of the place. Maybe it was, but we still had trouble hearing each other. To call the noise level "energetic" makes it sound more comfortable than it was. The service was good, though.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014Always the best, we've been coming every week or close to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nizza Midtown WestRJRoma3000Dined on 8/7/2014This restaurant is a good place for very reasonably priced standard Italian food. We usually go if we have friends visiting the city who are on a budget and want to dine before seeing a Broaway show. They are able to get the trendy feel and atmosphere of a more pricey Manhattan restaurant without the astronomical bill. The pizza and pastas are always a safe bet. The appetizers are pretty decent size servings and tasty. Again this is a great place to go before an 8:00 show or even after the show for a pizza and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab service for allergy suffererCanaryDined on 8/7/2014This is my second visit to Nizza and I can't tell you what a wonderful experience it is for someone like me who has various food sensitivities. The server couldn't have been more gracious about accommodating my needs. She was extremely knowledgeable about ingredients and knew what to recommend. The kitchen staff prepared a beautiful, tasty (and most important--safe) meal for me. My dining companion has no food allergies and she loved her meal as well. Thank you Nizza! I'll definitely be back next time I'm in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchluv2dineforlunchDined on 8/4/2014This was our favorite restaurant of the year! Great food, atmosphere, and reasonably priced for lunch; and extremely good with food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteLB416Dined on 8/4/2014A favorite spot for our ladies' lunch! We shared socca (melt in your mouth yummy) and both had chickpea/farro/basil soup and turkey/cheese/carmelized onion sandwich. Both delicious and great amount for lunch. The staff never rushes us and they are always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GolfisfunDined on 8/3/2014The food and service were both good. The tables are a bit tight, but relatively comfortable. The only problem we experienced was a bit of dripping water from the awning. Overall, we enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Midtown / West Side OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Nizza is a small place among a lot of options on 9th Ave. Enjoyable food, attentive staff. Outside tables, and on the day we were there, the glass doors were open so that the entire restaurant was able to enjoy the good weather.Special Features:
- Great wait staff, delicious food!LMilesDined on 7/30/2014We were dining with someone who is on a gluten-free, dairy-free diet and the wait staff was really great about letting us know they had our back. The service was timely and not intrusive. The food was delicious and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- uneven experiencemerriamDined on 7/29/2014When I arrived around 5:45 on a Tuesday, the place was packed and very loud, with lots of kids, which I'd never seen here before. Although I'd requested a quieter table in reservation comments section, I was directed to one inches away from a four-top with five seated at it, including three children. I explained my initial request and was led to something more isolated. Waitress was pleasant but distracted and forgot an item; entire staff seemed overwhelmed. My food was very good; my companion was disappointed in hers. In no hurry to return here.
- Amazing find!AmyCVIPDined on 7/26/2014We are new to the city and have been to dinner in Chelsea many times so we decided to venture out. Our meal at Nizza was better and half the price of the downtown restaurants. Service was great. Food was fantastic! We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Wine PricesNYorkDined on 7/25/2014I found this restaurant through a review in Wine Spectator, which had said the wine prices were "inexpensive". Not true, the prices here are about the some as club 21. Nevertheless, a very good restaurant which I would recommend.Special Features:
- Alternative to Theater DinningLIFoodGuy15232Dined on 7/25/2014I little further from the typical theater dinning but Nizza is worth the extra walk. Simple food well prepared and all fresh ingredients, all at a good price. Best espresso in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free heavenGlutenfree33VIPDined on 7/24/2014They have an entire gluten free menu/ I loved my socca bread funghi pizza - they were happy to make substitutions for my 16 yr old niece when we came after seeing a showSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUSIEMACSUSIEVIPDined on 7/22/2014I will say the food was very good, it was our first time there and we will be back. The only negative was the noise level, it was so loud we could not even hear ourselves talk. You are not rushed but you can be in and out quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten freeSupperThymeDined on 7/22/2014Food (gluten free or not) was excellent. Normal size portions which were just perfect. What a treat to have gluten free bread delivered to the table pre meal! Great for a pre show meal as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my -go-to placesDavidAdelmanVIPDined on 7/21/2014Nizza is a great place for gluten free diners--and everyone else too. The chick pea crust pizzas are awesome and VERY filling. Service is always good and it's perfect for pre-theater.Special Features:
- great find for Sunday dinnerhopper1008Dined on 7/20/2014Located in busy area of Hell's kitchen, the restaurant offers a great variety of italian cuisine dishes. Could be packed and long waiting time is not unheard of, but definitely worth it to wait a little. Warm chocolate cake with some ice-cream on top was a great addition to the meal.Special Features:
- Decent Italian foodMikeKVIPDined on 7/19/2014Nizza is a pre-theater stand-by for me. Was entertaining my teenage niece and it was a perfect spot as the food ranges from the simple to the elegant. She enjoyed a simple pasta, while i dug in to my perfectly cooked octopus. Staff is friendly and helpful. Seats are tightly packed and the restaurant gets busy. Reservations a must.Special Features:
- Perfect For Early Post MatineeJerryDined on 7/19/2014Discovered Nizza a couple of years back after finding ourselves hungry and on the street following a matinee which ended earlier than expected. Most restautants don't open until 5:00 PM, which is fine for evening play goers, but not so good for matinee audiences who are looking for a serious place to eat as early as 4:00 PM. The food and service have always been excellent, and we return often whenever we're attending theater in the area. The customers tend to be a diverse group which speaks well of Nizza's ability to create an inviting environment for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overated!SmileDined on 7/19/2014First time to this restaurant with a friend. For an Italian restaurant, we found the food was just average in preparation and taste. Very busy. Need more wait staff. Tables are crowded togther. There are a lot of restaurants on Ninth Ave., so I would recommend one that is not as frantic for a relaxing meal. SmileSpecial Features:
- NIZZAjewelDined on 7/18/2014Love love love..great food..great fun..great service..one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit; didn't disappointOutoftownerDined on 7/18/2014Second visit with teenagers. Great food but the lamb dish is the winner. Make sure to book a table. Tables near patio doors in summer are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love NizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014I eat gluten free because I have too. It is wonderful to find Nizza with all of the options it gives me to eat GF. I especially enjoy the GF bread option. I enjoy all of the dishes that I have eaten. I would really like it if Nizza improved their dessert options as they are weak. Overall I go to Nizza on a regular basis. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great dinner!2guysNYCDined on 7/18/2014We went here for our anniversary dinner. The food was great and we enjoyed the view of the street from our table - great people watching spot. Small outdoor seating area on sidewalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyNYCfindDined on 7/16/2014There were plenary of choices on the menu. Food was hot. Pizza was perfectly cooked and not over seasoned. The place was packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 7/16/2014This was an ok place for pre-theater dinner. Pizza was tasty, wine ok, and pretty noisy. I'd recommend this for a pre-theater dinner because of the location and relatively modest cost (for NYC) but not for a more leisurely dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ppLolitaVIPDined on 7/14/2014Convenient theater district dining but not the best choice. Extremely loud, forcing a large party to break into twosomes for conversation. Mediocre pizza - too much dough, not enough topping. Decent service and ambience but the food doesn't measure up.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/12/2014Love it here. Can't go two weeks without it. Quattro formaggi pizza And the best burratta I've ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the food, not the ambienceCoMartDined on 7/12/2014They had a great gluten-free menu (made to be gluten-free, not eliminating or substituting). The restaurant was hot, cramped, tiny table, and the wine was pretty bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hot summer nightLisaandTrixieDined on 7/11/2014Nizza is a gorgeous little place. It is cozy, with tons of character. Food is good. The inside is open to the outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating for food allergyKathyDined on 7/10/2014My daughter has milk,egg,strawberry & shellfish allergies - staff knowledgeable & made us feel very welcomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza Ever!OhGloriousOneDined on 7/9/2014Nizza was recommended as a food allergy friendly restaurant. With a son with several life threatening food allergies, including dairy, I was a little hesitant. No need... My son said it was the best pizza he ever had even without cheese. He saved what pizza he couldn't finish and had it for breakfast. We highly recommend Nizza for any meal (all the food we ate was delicious), but also, recommend for those with special dietary needs. They are very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FountainsodaVIPDined on 7/9/2014Food was mediocre at best and the service was terrible. Had to remind waitress twice for a drinks order we placed and the bread we asked for several times never arrived. The chicken paillard had one piece of mozzarella, the lardons on the kale salad were burnt to a crisp and the chicken in both dishes was overcooked. Picked this spot specifically for the gluten free option but with so many other great gluten free restaurants in the city I would neither recommend nor return.
- I don't recommend.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/8/2014I travel around the world and am in NY a dozen times a year for business. I was entertaining clients and from the beginning to the end it was an unpleasant experience. I never post reviews, so this is unusual. Service - very slow, not knowledgable and unexperienced servers. Food - poor. We really didn't like any of the appetizers or our meals. The quality is just not good. I can't recommend.
- Best meatballs everTracyDined on 7/8/2014Get the meatballs appetizer; these are the best meatballs I've ever had!Special Features:
- Great--especially for gluten freenymaddieDined on 7/7/2014This is a nice theater-district restaurant. Food was good & very reasonable. They did an especially great job with the gluten free, even bringing gluten free bread, and asking if anyone was gluten free as soon as we walked in. The eggplant appetizer was wonderful.Special Features:
- Terriblecgianis54Dined on 7/5/2014Burrate for delicious. Ordered the Sunday Pasta and it was no better than Chef Boyardi...noodles was soggy and overcooked, sauce was flavorless and the meatballs...I am not sure what kind of meat they were made from but they were soft and had an odd taste. May be the worst spaghetti and meatballs I have ever eaten. Waitress was attentive and accommodating and the restaurant is located near the theatre district. Otherwise I would never eat there again. Maybe just ordered the wrong thing...but seriously...how hard is it the make a tasty Sunday Pasta?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014Food was delicious but portions were on the smaller size. Very good gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- before the showJinzoDined on 7/3/2014This was a wonderful choice for "before the show" dining. Close to the theater district, excellent service, very good food. The decor was pleasant, and the wine list was fun.Special Features: