Stephi's On Tremont
571 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stephi's On Tremont
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stephisontremont.com/
- Phone: 6172362063
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Corey Comeau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: private room for up to 14. Audio/Visual with Ipod dock and computer connectivity to the large 80" HD overhead projection screen.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Clark 617-236-2063
A word from Stephi's On Tremont
On Newbury Street it’s a legend. Now it’s time for Stephanie’s to stake its claim in the South End. Stephi’s on Tremont is set to open this winter, in the coveted former home of The Garden of Eden on Tremont at Union Park. This second Steph’s will feature many of the same elements that have made the Back Bay location a landmark: Floor-to-ceiling windows, a substantial patio and, of course, prime corner real estate will make for outstanding people watching in one of the city’s most fabulous neighborhoods. Always a favorite for its comfortable, somewhat residential décor and service, Stephanie’s is a go-to for lunch, brunch and dinner…in the summer and the winter…for an afternoon drink or a blow-out celebration. A sophisticated comfort menu inspired by the original (and even including some of the classics) will be served in the bar & lounge, the dining room and a private dining room for special events. Stephanie’s feels like home, but better. Now come home to the South End!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Stephi's On Tremont - Best Restaurants in South End ›
Stephi's On Tremont reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)great for outdoor dining (31)fit for foodies (29)great for brunch (28)great for lunch (23)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (11)special occasion (10)good for groups (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (7)romantic (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- My family and I decided toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2013My family and I decided to go to Stephi's for our Christmas Eve dinner because no one wanted to cook 2 days in a row. I figured Stephi's would be a great spot because it always has a lovely ambience and hip vibe. We were all very pleased with the service (they held our table for 20 minutes because we were running a bit late), drinks and food - my brother particularly loved his black trumpet dusted scallops. We will all definitely return, either as a group or individually.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/24/2013Nice spot in the South End. Good comfort food with a inexpensive but delightful wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkYummyDined on 12/19/2013I've been here a handful of times for brunch and enjoyed it. Took my two team members here as an appreciation lunch before the holidays. Service was great but food was very mediocre - ok I'm limiting this to my dish. I got the yellowfin tuna salad that had some highlights (pears were good), but felt like a high end salad you'd find at Applebee's. The lettuce felt iceberg/romaine heavy and the tuna had zero seasoning on it. There was a soy glaze dressing that I believe should have been meant for the tuna, but was inexplicably coated in a thin layer on the plate, hidden underneath the already dressed salad. Very odd. Once I wiped up the soy glaze up with the tuna, much better. Just expected much better execution for a $17-18 salad.
- Great comfort food after theaterPriam123Dined on 12/18/2013The restaurant exceeded our expectations. We had a nice booth by the window. We had a Saintbury Carneros Rose wine, which was light and tart. The chowder was creamy and tasty. The arctic char was perfectly done - not too dry, not too rare and its accompaniments, a savory broccolini with olives, and a very smooth polenta, only added to the delight of this dish. The lamb shank was meaty and moist, and the "au jus" enriched the root vegetable and potato accompaniment. The wait staff was professional and friendly, adding to our dining pleasure. Despite the late hour (10 pm), the bar scene was very vibrant, and its noise "leaked" into the dining room. For its price point, we both felt Stephi's was a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!CC10Dined on 12/4/2013We arrived early around 530pm. No one was there, so we received a lot of attention! Great service. Amazing food! Prices are decent. Decor was lovely. Great place overall.Special Features:
- A warm and casual place.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013This is a warm, inviting, intimate setting that maintains its casual feel. We were seated in a corner window booth that gave us wonderful views of the winter streetscape while still letting us feel a part of the dining room scene. We were served good and generous drinks, some wonderful warm bread and struggled to make choices from a menu that is both limited and has something for everyone. We ended up with the house salad and bolognese and the clam chowder and meatloaf. All were delicious. We split some outrageous chocolate bread pudding for dessert, which we couldn't and shouldn't have finished. We would absolutely go back and will and recommend Stephi's to anyone looking for good food and atmosphere. Valet parking too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodDelightfulVIPDined on 11/29/2013We truly enjoy the menu which features several healthy choices always served with panache.Special Features:
- Great spot, good food. I recommendBeansproutDined on 11/23/2013Great spot, good food. I recommend making reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with friendsSwedishGuestsVIPDined on 11/23/2013Awesome little gem in South End. Our waitress was super sweet and made the experience wonderful. The food is terrific and menus are fun. Tables are tight and you are almost eating with table neighbors but that is OK given the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could handle reservation betterCallistoVIPDined on 11/22/2013This was out second time at Stephi's. Food was excellent, but we were disappointed that our reservation was not handled as requested. We were dining early 5:30, so the restaurant was not busy, and we had requested a quiet, private table. With few other parties in the restaurant, they seated us next to a boisterous party of seven.Special Features:
- better than othersGrandmahannahVIPDined on 11/21/2013We got stuck in traffic and were very late. They found a table for us and got us out of there in time for the theater. Very pleasant staff. Food was better than many of the other South End eateries on TremontSpecial Features:
- Brunch was incredible! CrabKSullDined on 11/16/2013Brunch was incredible! Crab cakes Benedict & smoked salmon benedict both equally amazing & maybe the best breakfast potatoes i have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemluv2dinealotDined on 11/15/2013I always enjoy my meals here. Reasonably priced, delicious meals and wait staff is always courteous. Just wish it wasn't so noisy....might be the due to the wood flooring...everything just echoes.Special Features:
- FabDevoDined on 11/9/2013I loved the energy of the place. The noise level was quite loud But wouldn't stop me from Going. The Open faced turkey With cranberry and mashed Potato was fab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD!!!!SouthEndDinerDined on 11/9/2013My friend and I could hardly hear each other across a tiny table. The bar scene in the adjacent space was so noisy, it made for a very unpleasant dinner, in spite of the good food and service. I will never go to this restaurant again.
- PerfectionMatthewJayDined on 11/8/2013We had a wonderful dinner here for my boyfriends birthday. The staff was very accommodating and worked with me ahead if time to make everything just right when we got there. Everyone wished him a happy birthdays and the manager came over and chatted with us for a moment. It was too notch. They even offered to make a dish that was on the previous menu that I mentioned I like. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2013Great meal, enjoyed the service- the food wasn't as described (no shaved parmesan on house salad and burger was not cooked as ordered) but the attentive server and warm.atmosphere made up for it. I was impressed with the quick order, we were eating pre theater so this was important! Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GreatJessDined on 11/8/2013The roast turkey salad is still one of the best meals on one plate on this menu. My dining partner chose the salmon, and the staff were happy to substitute a side. This survey does not offer a noise level of "too loud," which it is. Once the restaurant is hopping, the dining room is quite loud. Definitely energizing, but may not be everyone's choice. Great location near the Boston Center for the Arts.Special Features:
- A fabulous lunch! Our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/6/2013A fabulous lunch! Our party of 4 were equally delighted with their meals! Can't wait to return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort Food Comfortable PlaceHowsmartDined on 11/5/2013Excellent pre-theatre dinner. Walked in, sat down, felt like we belonged. Sincere, gracious service. Comfortable seating. When a pine nut accidentally landed on my daughter's plate, the manager immediately came out, offered to remake the plate immediately, assuring us no nuts were in the preparation. Appetizers were special...tuna tartare and duck spring rolls. Dinners were good to very good. Only comment is that on the Short ribs with gnocci and Bolognase richness factor was a bit much, and dishes would have been as good or better with a little less oily density. Still delicious and satisfying. Desserts also solid and "comfortable".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stephi's BrunchBusinessdinerVIPDined on 10/26/2013It was my second time at Stephi's and my first brunch. The food was delicious and interesting. My companions had brunch and I had a wonderful turkey salad. The server was sweet and didn't mind all our comings and goings. I definitely plan to go there again.Special Features:
- Cozy RestaurantBostonAASVIPDined on 10/25/2013The food is very seasonally appropriate and delicious. Our server was so friendly and helpful. Great neighborhood place!Special Features:
- Romance and comfortlaplumDined on 10/23/2013I love Stephi's on Tremont! But only if I can score a booth, otherwise, I can't hear myself think.... the noise level is the only ( and it's constant) problem. The food is consistently fresh, perfectly prepared, and the salmon salad I typically order never disappoints. My niece and I love to rendez-vous there. The wait staff is wonderful, efficient , and personable. LOVE IT AT STEPHI'S!!!!Special Features:
- Went during weekday lunchcdonohueDined on 10/23/2013Went during weekday lunch and there was quite a crowd! Had it not been so crisp would have loved to sit outside. Were seated quickly but took a bit for waiter to first approach. Our drinks were brought out quickly and we ordered, would have liked a munchie while waiting on entrée as it was mid-afternoon...food came out and portions were very generous. We both really enjoyed our selections and will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Good neighborhood spotstevegVIPDined on 10/18/2013Restaurant is a solid addition to neighborhood. Limited menu but food was well prepared and tasty. Will never be mistaked for goumet, but serves the purpose of providing a good, reasonably affordable option. Service was very good as wellSpecial Features:
- Overall Experiencetkluvs2dineDined on 10/12/2013Went with my Father for brunch. They have a really cool build your own bloody mary thing but since I am new to bloody marys I just asked for a generic one which was awesome. Best bloody mary I have ever had. I would definately go back just for that. As for food we both ordered the smoked salmon bagel. It was delicous but also a little disapointing because all it consisted of was a bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon and the skimpiest shreds of red onion and when we asked for more red onion she brought out like 5 more tiny shreds. We are from NY and are use to a bagel loaded with salmon, red onion and tomato so it was just not what was expected but still super yummy. I would 100% go back here however. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Meatloaf HashBertDined on 10/6/2013Great Service, great food and atmosphere. Will be back!Special Features:
- you can find betterfrankVIPDined on 9/30/2013food very normal, service very fast and not really careful (went for lunch, place was empty) and definitely over priced /...I guess you pay the neighborhood.
- Just rightnbfmVIPDined on 9/30/2013En route to South Station for a drop-off, we detoured to Stephi's for a sunny fall lunch. The food - shared duck confit spring rolls, followed by tuna salad and roasted salmon salad - and service were perfect and the weather just incredible. It was a great choice for a beautiful day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise overwhelmed the good foodCiscosurfDined on 9/28/2013I went to Stephi's after seeing a Saturday matinee - arrived at about 6:30. The place was jammed because of another event in the neighborhood, and NOISY beyond belief. The food - nice comfort food- was good but it was impossible to converse with my dinner companion because of the din.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!hungryladyDined on 9/22/2013I took my parents here for brunch while they were visiting. We all loved our food (omlete, meatloaf hash, and crispy veggie salad). My parents want to go back every time they come to Boston!Special Features:
- Terrible quiet Sunday night dinnerMeaganVIPDined on 9/15/2013Stephi's has been excellent in the past for lunch...dinner was a different story. The bar was extremely loud and boisterous for a Sunday night (but not mobbed). It took our server 30 minutes to get us our first round of drinks . When they came out, she messed up a tanqueray up. Ridiculous. We ordered just after in fear we would never get it. It took forever too. This was a terribly embarrassing night for me as I wanted to bringy parents to a nice place. Terrible.
- Delicious BrunchBostonEEDined on 9/14/2013I've been to Stephi's a number of times for dinner and lunch, and have always enjoyed it. I finally made it to brunch and it was delicious. I had Banana Pancakes with Brown Sugar Butter! YUM! My friends had the French Toast which was also Amazing. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend BrunchSouthEndfoodieDined on 9/14/2013Get the meatloaf hash...my fav brunch in city/south end.Special Features:
- Had a great time as always!JosephVIPDined on 8/27/2013Dined outside.... Enjoyed seeing the neighborhood out and about at 8p.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful surpriseSportsGirlDined on 8/25/2013Wanted some place close to SoWa Market for brunch. Pleasantly surprised. They were very accommodating even when I was late for my reservation b/c I got lost (GPS :( ) Very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice. Pricey as all southMikeDined on 8/21/2013Nice. Pricey as all south end places are. $48 for two lunch entrees and one glass of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went early at 6:30 so restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2013We went early at 6:30 so restaurant was pretty quiet when we arrived and surprisingly empty for the rest of the night. Not sure whether it was the time of year (big vacation week) or the fact that other restaurants were offering specials for Restaurant Week. There was nobody at the bar so can't comment on a vibe but it didn't matter. The evening was fine for what it was....a business dinner. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Good food, Nice Atmosphere, PriceyBostonDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2013I do like this place, though like many in the neighborhood it is overpriced. Lunch will set you back $30 per person, and I'm not sure the food is worth it. The outdoor dining is good in the nice weather, but it's really a matter of whether you want to spend the money. The bar is comfy, relaxed and (the times I've been there) not too crowded. I like everything about it (great location), but it's more pricey than it needs to be, even for the South End.Special Features:
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2013We had a great night out here! The drinks and food were delicious and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.