Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar
2 Grafton Street
Shrewsbury, MA 01545Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.willyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5088427220
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ken Novotny
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar
Willy's Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar is the premier steakhouse in Central Massachusetts. Steak isn't the only item we are well known for, we are also known for exquisite sushi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Shrewsbury ›
Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)neighborhood gem (57)romantic (56)fit for foodies (54)notable wine list (20)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (11)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Wayyyy Over PricedNotworthit14Dined on 3/6/2014To start........Made a Reservation days before for 7:15 Once we arrived ( at 7:10) we had to wait for a table. I thought reserving meant there would be a table waiting ?? We where seated at the front of the place in the corner. My wife was frozen the entire time. I guess I should have caught that while we waited for the table as there was a portable foot warmer to the side of the table. Ughhh. Our waitress ( I don't recall her name ) was Fabulous.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week mini mealBarbDined on 3/1/2014We visited during Restaurant Week so naturally it was busy.We ordered drinks and an extra appetizer [sushi], the problem was that we ordered off the Restaurant Week menu and received 1/2 portions [our printed bill indicated 1/2 portions as well].Our salad was small and our entrée was equally so with a blah presentation.We both ordered the Salmon with butternut squash which had a lemon and tomato garnish.The plate was screaming for a green veggie!Our salmon was a 3-4 oz portion, cooked perfectly, and on top of the dish was a tiny bowl holding the squash, which was very good too.All in all, good food, not a pretty presentation and not a normal sized portion. Dessert was also included.We will go back, just not for Restaurant Week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodie1234VIPDined on 3/1/2014The hostess was pleasant enough, but both the bartender and server were less than cordial. Our food was cold and was nothing special in terms of flavor or presentation. There are many other steakhouses in the Worcester area with better service, food, and ambience. We will not be dining here again.
- All around fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014When we arrived, we were promptly seated. The wait staff is very attentive and friendly. The martini drinks were excellent! Sushi was terrific. Steaks were delicious! Our side orders of garlic mashed potatoes and Asian vegetables were presented very nicely. Everything tasted excellent, including dessert. The atmosphere was classy too. Willy's is an excellent spot for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodkkbhcoganDined on 2/28/2014The food here is amazing. From the sushi to the sides to the main dishes. Steaks and seafood is wonderful. My favorite restaurant over and over again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeKevinDined on 2/27/2014We had never been to Willy's before but had been by it a 100 times. We wanted to try a new place so we went. The food was perfect. The prices are higher but comparable to a high end steak place. My only wish was that it was a little warmer. Will go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perhaps a bad night?BlindmanDined on 2/26/2014Perhaps Wednesday is a bad night, but tonight's experience was not up to the level we have come to expect at Willy's. Seating and service were both fast and efficient. The ambiance is always warm and a place to go for a quiet dinner for two. Sadly, the food was a let-down. My guest chose a steak from the specials menu; I chose steak tips from the regular menu. My guest explained that her steak was grainy in texture and tough, a view I shared with my steak tips. The mushroom and spinach veggies were literally awash on liquid that eating them risked soiling table linen and clothing. Normally we would have completed the meal with dessert and coffee but tonight we chose not to order dessert.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekMarcyDined on 2/25/2014We went for Worcester restaurant week. Great experienceSpecial Features:
- First visitfirstDined on 2/20/2014This was our first visit to Willy's. Will recommend to family and friends. Food and service was great. Can't wait to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceWendyFTDined on 2/17/2014Most of the dishes our group of 4 were phenomenal. Soft shell crab appetizer never disappoints us, nor does the sushi. Its always fresh and amazing. I typically don't order a sirloin, which I made a mistake by doing so this visit to Willy's. The Kona rubbed seasoning and gorogonzola topping was amazing, I think it was the actual steak that was too fatty or chewy which I wasn't expecting. The others in the group all had amazing dishes, Beef Wellington included which is typically my usual. I will definitely go back to that! All around good experience. Desserts were also amazing! Florida sunshine cake is always a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!!UpdateVIPDined on 2/15/2014Willy's never disappoints. Was my wife's birthday and as always food was outstanding. Service was sporadic, but young waiter, not one of the "veterans ", but still a great night.Special Features:
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014This restaurant holds their head high and proud on the fact they make for a great dining experience. The food and service were incredible. I am already making plans for a trip back. The only problem I had was deciding on what to order, the selection is to hard to choose from considering everything sounds delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great All AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Food Was excellent. Worth the money! We will be back.Special Features:
- Sushi and FiletSteveDined on 2/14/2014Such I was great! 10oz Filet was good but the petit filet (6oz) was too thin and over cooked. Everything else was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak are always cooked perfectly!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/7/2014Willy's Steakhouse never disappoints. The food and service are always outstanding.Special Features:
- A neighborhood gem ... Willy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/6/2014A neighborhood gem ... Willy's is reliable for great food and service making us regular customers. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- servicebaronDined on 1/29/2014weak had to ask for water also to replenish silverware had to get from another table didnt replenish bread had to askSpecial Features:
- Don't Miss this Place....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/28/2014Great atmosphere to have a nice quite dinner. The sushi was one of the best we had. This restaurant is on my list of favs….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food but too long of a waitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/25/2014We had an 8pm reservation on a Saturday night and arrived to find 10 people waiting in the lobby - 4 of whom were also waiting for a table for 2. If we had plenty of time and not been starving, we might have waited, but neither was the case so we opted to eat at the bar. Glad we did because it was another 20 min before we would have been sat. That aside, we had some of the best steak and sides we have had in years, so glad we stayed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightcdbarryDined on 1/25/2014From the time we walked through the door until we left, the entire experience was perfect! The service, food and atmosphere made this special night truly memorable. We can't wait to go back and are recommending it to all our friends and familySpecial Features:
- Well-prepared food, capablyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/25/2014Well-prepared food, capably served. Generous portions including sushi. Found the room drafty and cool.Special Features:
- Great Birthday!Birthdaygirl22Dined on 1/18/2014Willy's really "honored" that this was a birthday dinner. Made sure we liked our table, host and waitress wished me Happy Birthday when I came in and sat down, and ended with a lit candle dessert (that no one requested). The food is fantastic and the service was great. Marlene, our waitress, was the best waitress we have experienced...perfect timing, honest suggestions,etc.Special Features:
- Great SteakCatmanDined on 1/18/2014No need to drive into Boston for a great steak as it can be found in Shrewsbury for a fraction of the price. Porterhouse steak and au gratin potato is the way to go! Interior is an old style building perfect for steak and martini. Forgot to mention the Sushi, definitely a great way to start a meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service wasLindyDined on 1/11/2014Food was great, service was great, but the table was awful. We had a reservation, so not sure why we were shoved in the corner right against the hostess station where half the weight staff was at some point or another. I was with my husband and my two large 6 ft 2 in sons and it was the smallest table in the restaurant as there was some type of padded bench against the wall that took 1/3 of our table space. We spent over $300 on this dinner, would have expected a great table.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodKateDined on 1/10/2014This is not my first time enjoying Willy's. It did not disappoint me. The food is always fantastic. The group I was with also commented on this as well. No complaints. Everyone enjoyed the food. The only flaw is when I confirmed the reservation for 10 people in my party, the person I spoke with stated the table was only available for 2 hours. I said, what? 2 hours? She "moved" around some tables and was able to accommodate us until 9pm. I was about to cancel but decided to go with it. We left at 10 pm. We had a great time. Our waitress was outstanding.Special Features:
- My favorite steakhouse!PcorrectDined on 1/9/2014Loved our dinner on Thursday night. The killer ko is so tasty . Martinis were perfect. Had the veal chop that was cooked to perfection . Always consistent good food. On the pricey side however very much worth it for a great meal. Melissa was our server . She had great energy and was clearly excited about the food on the menu. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining!SteakDined on 1/4/2014Food and Service are both fantastic. We started with salads which were both great (my wife says to try the beet salad). I had a filet mignon special that was tender and cooked perfectly. My wife had a petit filet with Jumbo Shrimp and lobster ravioli; she raved about it. Seasonal mushrooms and garlic mashed sides completed our meal; both very good as well. We only had room to share a dessert. Nancy is an attentive experienced waitress, and took care of all our needs, except for the heat. The day prior was the coldest day of the year and when my wife asked about it, Nancy told us that the brick gets very cold in this old building and takes forever to heat up. Overall, a little pricey, but excellent food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Willy's food is excellent. You cannot get a better meal anywhere else in the area. They have a great menu with many choices and each one is better than the next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner for four!!!StacyDined on 12/31/2013Excellent overall dining experience. Tender, juicy, meaty, tasty steaks and lamb with generously portioned sides that were equally fresh tasting and beautifully presented. Southern Comfort Manhattans were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was delicious.DiahDined on 12/28/2013I would highly recommend this place and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Great if you want steakGraceDined on 12/28/2013My husband had a steak and it was outstanding. We had two sides, garlic mashed and mac and cheese. Both were excellent. I had the baked stuffed shrimp and was disappointed. Instead of being baked in a casserole dish, the shrimp were individual with stuffing encasing them. The outside stuffing was tasty, but as you got to the inside it was soggy and way too much for the size of the shrimp. Once you took the stuffing off, you realize there isn't much shrimp. I like the traditional baked stuff shrimp baked in a dish were the flavor bakes into the shrimp and the stuffing getting crusty. Flavor was good, but too much stuffing for the size of the shrimp.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wicked poor serviceSpidermanDined on 12/22/2013Food was very good. Our waiter was arrogant and his behavior over shadowed the food.Special Features:
- Willy's SteakhouseLRM123Dined on 12/22/2013We are never disappointed at Willy's. Love the atmosphere, especially in the winter - it has a very cozy feel. Service is not overly attentive, but more reserved and allows you to feel you can take your time without constant interruption. The food is consistently very good.Special Features:
- Willy's Steakhouse Is Always GoodLikeGoodFoodDined on 12/22/2013Willy's Steakhouse is one of our favorite restaurants west of Boston. They specialize in steaks and Sushi, but their other entrees are very good as well. We have been there several times over the past 10 years, and the food and service have consistently been great. Their deserts are really good too. It is a compact restaurant that offers a fine dining experience. You don't have to dress up for it, but some people do. It can get busy and a bit noisier on weekend nights. Other nights of the week, it is a bit more relaxed. Reservations are a good idea for prime times. Willy's is also friendly to kids (if they enjoy dining out). Our son loves their petite filet. The menu is a bit pricey, but dinner there has always been worth it!Special Features:
- Great Food and Servicedmw55Dined on 12/21/2013It is easy to understand why you need reservations here. Food is outstanding along with the service. Vibrant atmosphere - great for special occasions. Great place to go if you want to splurge.Special Features:
- Best Rack of LambDeliveryDivaDined on 12/19/2013I went with a group from work and I had the best lamb I've ever had... cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceSalesguyDined on 12/18/2013Took a client for Christmas dinner. Food was excellent, staff was great would recommendSpecial Features:
- Great VisitauntieterryDined on 12/12/2013Hi! We attended Willy's for our office Christmas dinner, and everything was awesome! The food was delish, the drinks were awesome, everything was right on par for our special occasion visit. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be better with serviceCheeky2003Dined on 12/5/2013The food was delicious except the mashed potatoes stated like they were from a box. Service from our waitress was poor with our waitress walking away while we were still talking to her. It was extremely busy. The service has been better on quieter nights. Staff was friendly and did a great job of wishing my mom happy birthday. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSammyDined on 12/3/2013We have dined at Willy's on many previous occasions with no issues. This time however we arrived at the bar for 4:30 and were seated around 5:30. Several large parties were assembling in the restaurant at this hour and seated around the same time. The service was not good - the larger parties were being waited on and we were not being attended to. When we did get hold of our waitress we were told the kitchen was backed up (on a Tuesday night) - I could understand this on a Friday/Saturday night but not during the week. When we did get our food, it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.