Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar
2 Grafton Street
Shrewsbury, MA 01545Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.willyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5088427220
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ken Novotny
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar
Willy's Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar is the premier steakhouse in Central Massachusetts. Steak isn't the only item we are well known for, we are also known for exquisite sushi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Shrewsbury ›
Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (56)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (21)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The restaraunt was busy this night since it is a popular weekend spot and not a huge place. Got lucky and found a spot for two at the bar, around the corner which is essentially very private and arguably a better spot than most of the tables. Very intimate and quiet which makes for a nice date spot. We were situated where we could watch the sushi chef perfrom his impressive magic and despite sitting at the bar had full, attentive service. Overall, a great night and the food was outstanding as well. Will absolutely return.Special Features:
- Excellent & consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014Everything starting from the reservation was easy and enjoyable. Service was great. Food was awesome. This is my third time at Willy's and they are 3 for 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatmcdcDined on 7/14/2014Went for our anniversary have been several times and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi was incredibleLibbbyDined on 7/4/2014And my husbands steak was like butter....of course I tasted it. We did have a reservation but needed to wait awhile....it was very full. Worth the wait....lovely service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was much betteribn the past.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The witstaff was not attentive. More just fluff than knowledge about the food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Service was great - had spot on advice and had no problem with add ons or twisty requests. Attentive but not a fixture. A little loud for a Tuesday night - loud at times, but that could have been the group behind us. It was a special occasion and I did make a note on the Reservation, I would have liked to have been seated at a better table. But romance is in the company .... Sushi and Maki were great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Price was high for this type of place. 111 chop house has better food and atmosphere. It wasn't bad but not what you would expect for the price.Special Features:
- fescDined on 6/28/2014While visiting family in Natick, MA we spent the day at the Tower Hill Botanical Gardens. Willy's Steakhouse was a very convenient place to stop for a tall cool drink and dinner on the way home. The service and the food were great ... everyone was very happy with their order. Very kid friendly, they moved us to a table that better accommodated a high-chair. Prices were a bit on the high side, but worth it. Decor and ambiance were a bit dark, like a cellar pub, but staff and a lively crowd offset that. Overall, we'd be happy for a return visit.Special Features:
- The following 653 reviews are from the Willy’s Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar reviews archive.
- great!timmayDined on 6/21/2014Had a great dinner here on my anniversary. Service was great, food was great, atmosphere was great! I wish more people would have taken the business casual attire seriously, as seeing people in t-shirts was a little disappointing, but that is no fault of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice DinnerDonnaDined on 6/14/2014The steaks were excellent. The service was excellent. Nancy, our very nice waitress, keep up with all our tables needs and the food was serviced and presented beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding On Every LevelcdbarryDined on 6/14/2014We have dined at Willy's Steakhouse Grill & Sushi Bar on several occasions and each time have tried a new appetizer and entree. We have been very delighted with each choice and are already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperiencesoulcrusaderDined on 6/14/2014My siblings and I took my fathers here for Fathers Day and had a great dinner. I really like the variety of the menu, which had all your steak house classics, to some more inventive dishes, as well as an entire sushi menu. The food itself was great. Of course, its on the expensive end, but the product and service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014half of the group ordered from sushi menu- and was very pleased and superstuffed with $85. worth of food. half ordered from standard menu---nothing spectacular; adequate.--the Beef Wellington ON TOP of pastry was a disappointment. Asian vegetables- mediocre--too heavy on the sauce. Very pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014I loved the antique feel of Willy's. Our server Melissa was fantastic!Special Features:
- 25th AnniversaryVicheinzVIPDined on 6/8/2014We went to Willy's for our 25th anniversary, the food was excellent as usual. Wildly's is our go to restaurant for special occasions and we are never disappointed!Special Features:
- Our 40thUncleLarryDined on 6/8/2014This was our choice to celebrate our 40th anniversary because the food is awesome. I went with the beef wellington and my wife had the pecan encrusted rack of lamb. We split a chocolate cheesecake for desert. OK, it's a little pricey but the food is so good. Wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always impressed!RustyShackleford12345Dined on 6/7/2014Each visit this resteraunt keeps me impressed, the food, the service and the presentation are always top notch. I have visited this spot on both business with big groups and special occasion with my wife and the service and foodhas been the same, no matter how big or small the food order is or the party size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushi!NboroMomDined on 6/1/2014My husband and I will be frequenting Willy's much more now that we have discovered that Kenzo is back behind the sushi bar! He is the best sushi chef around and also a fabulous host. We have truly enjoyed our past two trips to Willy's for sushi. Start with the "Nutty Kenzo", enjoy some high quality sashimi, and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Hit or MissGivemewhatIpay4Dined on 6/1/2014Very disappointing...Defiantly a miss this time...killer Coe is dead.. sushi fruit salad with the scraps of sushi... looked like it came from a can...Filets murdered to imperfection..ordered medium rare and came out medium to medium well...I don't think we will be rolling the dice on Willy's for a long time now... Not worth the Heart BreakSpecial Features:
- ScottyDined on 6/1/2014We love going to Willy's Steakhouse. The food is excellent and the service is always attentive, quick and pleasant. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves steak and great food. We go for special occasions but only because of the prices. Makes it someplace to look forward to.Special Features:
- Loved it!Foodie77Dined on 5/31/2014Food was yummy, service was great, liked the darker lit, wood steakhouse feel. Can't wait to go back for sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONAL food and service!CsmilesDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I have been to Willy's several times before and have always left happy. Our most recent visit was no exception. We started with the "tuna salmon fans" sushi roll and yellowtail nigiri, both of which were incredibly fresh, flavorful, and beautifully presented. For our entrees, my husband had the kona rubbed steak, and I had the petit filet with jumbo shrimp and lobster ravioli. Both entrees were to die for - steaks were cooked to perfection. We knew the food would be stellar, but we were especially impressed with the service. Our server, Matt, was incredibly attentive, informative, and beyond pleasant - he even hand-stuffed olives with blue-cheese for my martini! By far one of the best servers we've ever had - Thanks!Special Features:
- excellentticoDined on 5/23/2014one of the few excellent restaurants in the worcester countySpecial Features:
- GREAT meal, as always....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014My GF and I set out for a special meal, and once again Willy's delivered. We change it up as to what we get, but lately have ordered a sushi dish, the 20 oz. strip with their great au poivre sauce, and the spinach with mushroom vegetable dish; what a combination of flavors! The desserts are very good as well. Give this place a shot, you will LOVE it!Special Features:
- Excellent !!PattyDined on 5/23/2014Very good food, great service and nice ambience !!Special Features:
- Always satisfied.FoodieDined on 5/11/2014We eat here often. It has a varied menu of meat, fish, pastas, and sushi so depending on your mood, there are always choices. I have a dairy allergy but there are many items on the menu that I can eat. The servers are always nice. My family went there for Mother's Day this year and everyone enjoyed their dinner.Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmospheredfbatchDined on 5/3/2014I have eaten at Willy's on several occasions. The food and service are great. The staff is friendly and accommodating. You are never rushed. Dining here is a pleasurable experience.Special Features:
- experiencewillbbackDined on 5/3/2014The food was excellent. Best steak choices ever on one menu. Pleasantly surprised sushi was also excellent with many choices. The wine menu was extensive with excellent presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love steakNeverbeenskinnyDined on 5/1/2014Although a little cramped and somewhat overpriced, if you love aged steak this is the place. Steaks are aged and cooked to perfection. All salads and sides are seperate with the sides served family style for the table. Located in the bottom of an old building the outside doesn't look like much but inside is warm and friendly. Staff was attentive but not overbearingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HawkDined on 4/28/2014Outstanding, varied menu,never disappointed, food was hot and welled cooked,Special Features:
- Unexpected, Great Time!JohnKDined on 4/25/2014I had never been to Willy's, although I've lived in the area for 40 years. I was surprised and impressed. Great menu, terrific food, good service. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Steak housejojoDined on 4/23/2014Willys is one of my favorite restauranat and ahs served us ver well. A special place for a birthday, but also a great place to bring friends. Been going there for about 23 years an my boys when in town, have to go there... A good combination of sushi and steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodcazxDined on 4/19/2014We had another wonderful dinner at Willy’s Steakhouse, as usual. Everything was fantastic – the service, wine, appetizers, steaks, shrimp, side dishes, and deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayBobMDined on 4/19/2014As always a perfect experience. Waitress Marlene the best. She has a knack for knowing when to take orders, never too soon or too late, it gives diners a chance to talk. The food always perfect, and with a return of sushi cefe Kenso, it was a great a great night to celebrate my Wife's Birt6hday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Painfully loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/12/2014We had made a reservation for 7:45 on a Saturday night for dinner. When we arrived our table wasn't ready yet, so we had to wait in the waiting area, which isn't really a waiting area at all. It is a major intersection in the restaurant so we were constantly in somebody's way. We were seated 20 minutes late next to a table of the loudest 11 people I have ever seen. We couldn't even have a conversation about what appetizer to order because we couldn't hear each other. Overall the food was good, pretty standard steak house fare, the steaks were cooked perfectly, but the ambiance ruined the whole evening. This is the second time we've had this same experience here. Not sure we'll be back, the food isn't worth all of the yelling.Special Features:
- Cozy/Romantic SettingJawsDined on 4/11/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner out at Willy's Steakhouse. The food was superb as was the atmosphere. The service was top notch and I never felt that I was being rushed to order. They allowed us to take our time and order at our leisure. I will be recommending this place to all of my family and friends. Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Kman4686Dined on 4/6/2014I went to willys steakhouse for the first time for my birthday last year with my fiancée and it was delicious. We went back just last week and it was even better than I remembered. Great steak. Great apps--fried lobster ravioli was incredible. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!AphoDined on 4/5/2014Wonderful service, especially with Nancy, who always remembers us, has great suggestions and is an excellent waitress. The multiple plates of sushi were terrific and the swordfish was cooked perfectly. Even the gin and tonics get a high rating due to highly carbonated tonic that night...not a common experience at restaurant bars..and no small compliment if you are a fan of gin and tonic drinks! Willys is always a special and terrific place to dine for meat, seafood and sushi...all equally excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but priceyDANIDined on 4/5/2014Wonderful steakhouse & sushi. Delicious food. Very expensive. Small - very hard to get reservations. Noise level was quiet as we were there at 430.Special Features:
- A la carteLezeDined on 4/4/2014As much as I enjoyed the food, I really despise a la carte menus. To pay good money for a steak and then have to pay to have a vegetable on the side really turns me off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.