Morton's The Steakhouse - Miami (Downtown)
1200 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Miami (Downtown)
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: 3054009990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 2:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Miami (Downtown) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/miami
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Miami (Downtown)
Thank you for reserving at Morton's The Steakhouse - Miami (Downtown). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Miami (Downtown) - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Miami (Downtown) reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)good for groups (16)romantic (13)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very attentative staff, theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Very attentative staff, the food was absolutely marvelous!!! Atmosphere was quiet and cozy. I loved it!!!Special Features:
- The service and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The service and food were excellent. Steak was cooked to perfection. The wine list had a variety of good wines to choose from.Special Features:
- Delivers ever time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Fantastic. NY strip cooked to perfection, like always. If you are looking for a consistent 5-star dining experience, Morton's is where you want to go.Special Features:
- Never disappoints! WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2013Never disappoints! Wonderful wine list and first class service. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:
- Been many times overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Been many times overall experience was good, but bar staff was slow and inattentive. The serving staff was friendly and very attentive. Wish Morton's wasn't so busy that night that they had us wait at the bar...Special Features:
- Good steak - great serviceFrancisHDined on 2/6/2013Great Service and attention. Steaks great. Much better than Morton's Coral Gables - which had poor service and mediocre food.
- Went here specially with EuropeanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/21/2013Went here specially with European friends to eat the best US steaks . Food was excellent . However missed the great show with the explanation of the differently kind of steaks , the potatoes etc. understand it is boring for regulars , however great for first timers !Special Features:
- The food was good, but wayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013The food was good, but way over priced. There are plenty of other high end steak houses that are not so over priced.Special Features:
- Felt as if I was at a usedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2013Felt as if I was at a used car lot. Server kept trying to up-sell everything. Out of the first two wines my wife wanted. Not a fine dinning experience.Special Features:
- Met-not exceed expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012As a part time job I am a restaurant evaluator. The steaks were excellent and worth the cost. Appetizers: French onion soup-Excellent met and exceeded our expectations. Sides: We ordered Horseradish mash and received sour cream instead. The guest had already started before we could return. The onion rings were standard and were not home made and just average. The match-stick fries were tasty and perfectly cooked and seasoned. Desserts: The desserts that were ordered were the a.Key Lime Pie b. Carrot cake c.Creme brulee. The servings were very generous and the desserts top notch in freshness and taste. Service: We came for a 5:30 seating and the greeter was friendly and cordial. The waiter was very "drab".Special Features:
- Everything was very good withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012Everything was very good with the one exception that the food was wwarm and not brought to us hot. The waiter did return my plate to the kitchen for warming up. Being that we made early reservatons we had the restaurant to ourselves for a while and it was wonderful, quiet and cozy. The staff was excellant. We will return.
- so so birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2012the food was average and the waitress seemed ignorant about menu options and special requests.Special Features:
- Sunday evening seems to beGlisDined on 11/11/2012Sunday evening seems to be a family evening. There was quite some noise, cries and running around. Food was delicious, wine as well and service very good. A slight timing problem with the kitchen, as we had to wait some time for the crabcakes and could hardly finish and the staks were already here.
- Really Good....however...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2012My wife and I enjoyed a "date night" without the kids and have been coming to Morton's since we were married. We enjoy the ambiance and the service is always excellent. I had the bone-in ribeye and it was perfectly prepared medium with the hot juicy pink center. My wife ordered the filet mignon and lobster tail combination and for the first time ever was disappointed. The lobster tail was perfect but she asked for the filet medium well and it came out well done and dried out. I asked her to send it back but she insisted that I not worry about it. I was a little bothered but Morton's will still be one of our favorite spots in the future. Hopefully the next time will be better.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the service, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/5/2012Enjoyed the service, food and ambiance; excellent!Special Features:
- The food so good you can'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012The food so good you can't wait to return and the service so outstanding it definitely sets a high standard for others to follow. Not overpriced & very accomodating to any request.Special Features:
- It is getting worse everyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2012It is getting worse every time I go. No more chances.
- Back in the nineties, thisBocaraton1414Dined on 10/5/2012Back in the nineties, this was a hot, top notch restaurant. I would know as I used to work there. Now that the restaurant had a new owner, with an emphasis on the bottom line, it has changed. The service is not as impressive as it used to be as noticeable in the small fine details. Example: the server did not order the right steak for me and as I waited for a new steak, my dining companion sat there with her steak in front of her slowly getting cold. The server should have offered to keep it warm. Needless to say, we had to flag her down and request this. The sauces were not brought that we requested and the asparagus was not fully cooked. The manager was also not very polished. In a restaurant with these prices,one expects stellar service.Special Features:
- Our waiter was excellent.KarenDined on 9/28/2012Our waiter was excellent. We had the Miami Spice menu. Nice selections odd wines, Caesar salad limp and way too dressed, filet okay and key lime pie had no tartness . Main issue- the place is tired and in need of major renovation.
- DisappointingSpoolyVIPDined on 9/22/2012It was really disappointing. We had Miami Spice and they really skimped. The food was mini sized and not like the regular menu. Miami Spice is supposed to be regular menu items or even better (like Edge Steak does) for a 3 course deal. This was terrible, the portions were mini, the food was mini, no sauces available. I wont go back.
- Quality, As AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2012An excellent choice to take guests, as you can always count on great service and food.Special Features:
- Good experience!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2012Great stakes, could do better on side dishes, good wine list, great service, very expensive, prefere The Capital Grill for the money.Special Features:
- My husband had to send hisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2012My husband had to send his bourbon on the rocks back; it was watered-down and not even a full shot. They replaced it no problem. My Bloody Mary tasted awful -- just vodka and tomato juice with a lime. I didn't send it back, but didn't drink it. The wedge salad was good, the crab cakes were good and the lobster bisque was good, but the key lime pie lacked tartness -- it was almost flavorless.
- Sadly, the old Morton's isirinaDined on 9/7/2012Sadly, the old Morton's is gone. Lawry's purchased the company in Feb 2012.Dining room is not as good looking. Salad too big, bread not as good. Steak full ofgristle, potatos cold.Will not be going back. End of an era.Lawry's also owns Bubba Gump and Rainforest Cafe. 2 middle of the road establishments.
- We are french and i discoveredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012We are french and i discovered mortons with my boyfriend at chicago. So we decided to go wtih my parents at miami during a short trip of 3 days and everybody was glad. We spent a very good time:-) Good place! Sorry for my Bad englishSpecial Features:
- Great experience. Always aManny32VIPDined on 8/24/2012Great experience. Always a treat. We will be back.Special Features:
- Morton's is a place that isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012Morton's is a place that is consistently very good to excellent. High quality, but also high prices. Among my favorite restaurants in town.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/11/2012I couldn't believe how much [this location] has raised its prices on everything from the last time I went a year ago. Even the Capital Grille is more reasonable now! Also, as of May this year they no longer do the meat and seafood presentation before ordering, which always used to be a signature of Morton's. The interior and booth seating are very dated, overall the experience is no longer worth the price.Special Features:
- waiter excellent, transformedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012waiter excellent, transformed the oz into european measures/gram. surprised, didn't expect itwill recommend and come backSpecial Features:
- good but not great anymore...RSC1003VIPDined on 8/2/2012The Menu has changed slightly but still all there. The food was good but not as good as it was previously, The steak was average and usually the steak is great.Special Features:
- A great place for steak orjrcmiamiDined on 7/7/2012A great place for steak or seafood for a special occasion with the family or a date.Special Features:
- Wow. Lost its luster.GroveNativeVIPDined on 6/30/2012What a shame. After all these years as a great, reliable, consistently superb restaurant, Mortons has lost its luster. I guess that explains why it was nearly empty on a Saturday night. They menu is new. They've abandoned the show & tell menu ritual. Special order requests were met with hesitation. One of our steaks was overcooked, and it took 5 minutes to track down the waiter to tell him -- and then he has the nerve to try to convince us that it was good enough! The replacement steak was bland. The only thing that hasn't changed is the price!
- This was the best dinner thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2012This was the best dinner that we have ever had. They knew that we were celebrating our anniversary and made it even better. We are so grateful for what the staff did to make our dinner even more special.Special Features:
- I don't know that better serviceLTBJCDined on 6/10/2012I don't know that better service or food exists. The setting is gorgeous.Special Features:
- Nice but not a young sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012Great food and fantastic service, however the interior is outdated and dullSpecial Features:
- There were 6 of us celebratingLJCMiamiDined on 5/9/2012There were 6 of us celebrating a friend's birthday. The rib eye and the filet mignon were unbelievable! Appletinis were pretty good. The server was nice. The Valet parking was double than what is advertised on open table. The place itself is a little plain and outdated. Other than that we had a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Morton's is consistently goodECGFDined on 5/2/2012Morton's is consistently good food and service. The staff is just great. The location in the middle of Brickell makes it an easy to get to place for business meetings. The staff is very attentive without hovering thus making guests feel very comfortable.Special Features:
- Brickell location is definatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/14/2012Brickell location is definately better than the Coral Gables location. Food is good, but more of an older crowd. It would not be one of my top places to go back to eat restaurents. Smith & Wolensky is my top choice followed by Capital Grill.
- Excellent food, appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2012Excellent food, appetizers and main dishes. Very good service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/31/2012The food was excellent, however the service was a bit off. Good wine list, but every bottle we picked was the last one in the restaurant.Special Features: