Morton's The Steakhouse - Miami (Downtown)
1200 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Miami (Downtown)
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: 3054009990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 2:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Miami (Downtown) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/miami
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Miami (Downtown)
Thank you for reserving at Morton's The Steakhouse - Miami (Downtown). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Miami (Downtown) - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Miami (Downtown) reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)good for groups (15)romantic (13)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Reliable food, but not enjoyableGator4OkieVIPDined on 1/18/2014We were so rushed the food became an afterthought. Even though we intentionally quit sipping our wine, our waiter finished off our wine bottle before our salads arrived. Our total dinner lasted 35 minutes. Never mind the food.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2014I made a reservation for my boyfriends birthday and when we got there they had the table set up with birthday menus decoration on the table and they even included a memorable picture for the event. They made it very special! We had incredible service, the waitress was very kind and knowledgeable about the menu. Our food was ready in no time at all and it was delicious. I will definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were attended to by yourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2014We were attended to by your very professional and efficient server, Armando. Many thanks for a very pleasant experience. Art FramkeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectAmazingDined on 1/9/2014Amazing food, the enviroment is quiet and very nice, atention was nice, nothing to complain about. There is no place where you can eat better steaks than morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The same...OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/26/2013Food is consistantly great, service is consistantly great, wine selections - while not what they once were - are still above average. Management is perfect. Why would you go anywhere else?
- Great food but overly expensiveDominiqueDined on 12/23/2013Porterhouse was overcooked but tasted very good. You pay a small fortune in this place for a steak, mached potatoes and creamed spinache... Good service but doesn't that come with the tip level?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceRodrigoDined on 12/19/2013Staff was really friendly and food was AMAZING! Steaks are great at Morton's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid fav among Miami steak houses1ReservationFanVIPDined on 12/17/2013Our group enjoyed a top-notch experience including delicious steak, brussel sprouts and a burger. The quiet and layout allowed for serious conversation and a quality experience. Valet is at the front door. Brickell traffic is challenging and prices reflect the quality food at this high-end chain. We shall return, soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemLadyArsenioDined on 12/2/2013I had never been to this Morton's previously, went to celebrate a birthday lunch. Everthing was excellent. At the end they brought a dessert with a candle. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- The changes at MortonsMiamiDined on 11/17/2013We have been to Morton's on a number of Miami Beach visits and consider it a favorite for it's elegant atmosphere and superb food. This visit was a little disappointing though, not for the food quality, which was excellent as usual, but for the change in ambience. The décor of Morton's is exceptionally elegant and up scale and in the past diners were expected to dress accordingly, but what we found this time was an extremely casual diner atmosphere replete with Jeans, T-shirts and Flip Flops on many patrons. The Service was very good and the food exceptional but we missed the "special" feel of the past Unfortunately, I am not sure we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2013It was a pleasant experience. Although I was told that I'd get my balloons, I never did.Special Features:
- Poor waiter ruins the eveningMASIIVIPDined on 11/1/2013I have loved Morton's for years. However, this experience was enough for me to swear off the Miami Brickell location. We had a 7:30 reservation - the place was virtually empty. However, we were rushed from the moment we entered and had to finally ask that the service be slowed down. The waiter recommended a $185 bottle of wine that was a blend to include cabernet franc, which is not a favorite of mine. I ordered a bottle still priced over $100 and I was told my choice was "not bad". At every chance, the waiter pushed either additional food, or service to include some club that he couldn't understand why I wouldn't accept the offer as it was "free" since I would eventually get my money back!
- WONDERFUL EVERYTIME IN USA OR NOT!!ANGELADined on 10/31/2013The Miami location is wonderful. The atmosphere and food is amazing. The Lunch Menu contains steak which is why I love this location. The three course prime lunch is impeccable and has great prices making it easy to experience this type of fine dining. My only recommendation Is do not share steak you will want the whole thing, and do not look elsewhere for parking valet is 5dollars and way easier then parking at a garage or central parking which will cost way more than valet for short time periods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerMauiDined on 10/5/2013My youngest son turned 7 and when asked were he would like to go for dinner he said Morton's. He had only been there once before for mother's day and completely remembered his dinning experience. It was so good he wanted it for HIS birthday. Morton's delivered to his expectation. Excellent food, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2013Excellent food, service and wine list. I would add that the bartender was excellent and a gentlemanSpecial Features:
- great service and great foodpattycakeDined on 9/13/2013They gave us a good and comfortable both for my Hubby and I. The waiter was attentive and the food was great. I recommend it for my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami SpiceStewartDined on 9/13/2013Reservation at 8 for 2, showed up early they got us right in, no issue. Ordered from the Miami Spice menu-- no one told us it was available, we had to actually ask- not sure what was up with that. Anyway, I got the Beefsteak Tomato Salad, 8 oz Filet Mignon (paid $10 extra for the extra 2 oz) with Mashed Potatoes, and Creme Brûlée. My date got the Caesar Salad, 6 oz Filet Mignon, medium with Broccoli, & the Key Lime pie. That, paired with a bottle of 2011 Educated Guess, Cabernet, the bill was 187.00. The food was great, the service was great, the ambience was ok minus the kids (don't care for them while eating)- and I'll definitely be back. Lastly, don't go to a place with 4 $$$$ in the description and then complain about the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced with intrusive servicefimychDined on 9/10/2013From the start it looked fine place with fancy quiet ambience and very polite waiter. We knew, the place is not cheap, although they do not state prices in the online menu. Main plates - Chicago steak and Chilean seabass - here began the disappointment - the steak with barely warm, nobody advised any sauce or raw pepper. the quality of meet was decent, not more than the rib-eye I get from the butchers corner in my super market. We asked for a tea and got billed same time. The price was astonishing - 64 USD for a decent steak, same that cost in the super market 15 per pound! 45 for plate of 6oz seabass! Finally, getting my card, the waiter stated that he will be adding 20% service to the bill - he got a NO... The feeling was bad..
- Dinning at Morton wasn't thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013Dinning at Morton wasn't that great. Food was average, definitely not what I expected. Awesome service, Valentina did an amazing job. However, I don't think I'll go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food + Setting/Service -OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2013The filet Mignon we ordered was outstanding! It was a high quality cut of beef and perfectly prepared. The sides (corn and mashed potatoes) and the salads were good. Dessert was good but nothing out of this world. The place itself looks a bit dated and there is a musty, unpleasant old smell in the carpet. The decor is dated and the overall lay out is odd. When we entered we didn't know where to go and found ourselves wander around asking who we should check in with. The service needs major improvements for a restaurant that charges the prices this one does. Our waiter felt like he wanted us out of there and was overly pushy, despite the place not even being half full. Overall we had a nice meal but are unlikely to return soon.
- Very goodAlexDined on 8/23/2013Very good overall, thought not as good as it used to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice settings the food washopelessromanticDined on 8/10/2013Nice settings the food was delicious the service was outstanding I would recommend this place for a nice evening outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami SpiceDinnerqueenDined on 8/10/2013We had the Miami Spice menú and the a appetizers were very small and the salad was nothing special my five year old could of made it. We have had other Miami Spice menus at good restaurants for lunch that have been better!
- Miami Spice JackpotEnmscDined on 8/3/2013My husband and I treated our son and his girlfriend to their first Maimi Spice dining experience. We chose Morton's because of its location and reputation. We were not disappointed! Our server was cordial, informative, and attentive. The Miami Spice menu included appetizer, entree, and dessert choices that made it hard for us to decide. Ultimately, everything we chose was delicious, portions generous, and quality outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicous andpeggysue724Dined on 7/24/2013The food was delicous and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePianodecaDined on 7/19/2013"The Chicago Style Rib-Eye steak with bone was perhaps the best ever steak I had in a long time: amazing flavor, very tender, perfectly cooked..really great value and superb service . I highly recommend this place for meat lovers".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The overall visit was pleasantJadaleDined on 7/7/2013The overall visit was pleasant and the food was wonderful. Will visit again in the near future.Special Features:
- DecentPatrickDined on 7/1/2013Went here for a special occasion with my girlfriend. The lady asked if we were on vacation as if we looked out of place or didn't belong. The service was much slower than I expected especially since our server was training (shadow) another employee. The wine was great but I didn't get any recommendations so I was kind of batting in the dark. The food came out pretty quickly and it was decent but not as good as I was expecting. I've been to Wolfgangs, STK, Prime and this place had the same prices (a little more maybe?) and the food was not as good. The best part of our dinner was the dessert - apple pie with ice cream was extremely good. Overall it was a fair experience but definitely not worth the 200$+ bill for 2 people.Special Features:
- The food was great, especiallyflaviagDined on 6/23/2013The food was great, especially the beef - very tasty and tender. Hash brown potato was not nice, too well done and not much flavor. Service was good and overall experience was very nice. The restaurant didn't smell that nice, maybe the carpet should be cleaned.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time to get with the timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/22/2013I was shocked to walk in on a Saturday night at 7:30 and find no one at the bar and only two tables with guests. After being there for two hours I figured out why. This place needs a makeover. It is not 1983 anymore. Secondly, if you are going to charge $12 for a side of steamed broccoli, at least dress it up so it does not look like something I can make at home. Then there was the Seafood Platter at $25 per person that resembled that of a small plate I could get Sizzlers years ago. Lastly, the $57 New York Strip I ordered again looked like and tasted like the Steaks I make at home. Obviously, there biggest competitors, Capital Grille and Ruth Chris have a handle on your Father's Steak House. Morton's it is time to get with the times.
- chocolate soufleYessoDined on 6/19/2013Expected a demonstration of the different cuts that they have. Apparently they didnt do it that day. Chocolatesoufle was awsome. a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor meat quality.EpicuriousDined on 6/9/2013Perhaps exceptional? Hope if they want to continue.Special Features:
- RomanticMikeDined on 6/2/2013I recommend Morton's for very special occasions. This place is very romantic. The food was outstanding. I had the salmon and it was delicious. It's not for the cheap minded individual. The prices are kind of high but well worth it because of the service and taste. Our waiter was very attentive and knew about every meal on the menu. I highly recommend this to anyone who does not mind spending a little bit of money (over $150) for you and that special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Steak!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2013Bone-in Ribeye, with a little Cajun spice is just perfect!! Tomato with Bleu cheese and onion could not have been more satisfying. Morton's is seemingly right on everytimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Restaurant in BrickellOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2013Morton's Restaurant in Brickell never disappoints. The food, and service was excellent!Special Features:
- Food was good cooked perfectly.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Food was good cooked perfectly. Over priced 19 dollars for a bowl of mashed potatoes is crazy. Atmosphere was good service was also.Special Features:
- Portion sizes on the specialdamgDined on 4/3/2013Portion sizes on the special menu have gotten considerably smaller. It's no longer such a bargain.Special Features:
- Poor experience. The waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/4/2013Poor experience. The waiter was in a rush the whole dinner. Pushing fast, towards the check. Too bad.
- Not so great of an experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013To be honest.. it wasn't the best experience. We expected more professionalism, the host and servers seemed to be all over the place and the food wasn't all that tasteful. Even when our waitress came to drop off one of our drinks she was laughing loud and looking backwards as is if she were laughing with one of her co-workers and it wasn't professional. The food in our taste wasn't the best dishes I've tried, needed more flavor. I wouldn't spend my money on Morton's again. I know people have a better opinion about it and maybe we just chose the wrong day to go. I highly doubt i will dine at the Morton's in Brickell again.
- no one at host stand we whenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2013no one at host stand we when arrived. We were standing there waiting to be seated and an older couple came in behind us and went in front of us! Side vegetable dish was cold and we had to send it back and we were not charged for it. We both ordered filet mignon and it was good but not hot enough. hash brown potatoes were way over done but had flavor. It was our anniversary and host team made special note of that.