Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco
400 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 4159865830
- Hours of Operation:
Visit our new Bar 12.21!
Bar: Daily at 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in San Francisco hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sanfrancisco
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)romantic (66)notable wine list (66)good for groups (43)fit for foodies (34)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (19)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Hands-down the best steakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2008Hands-down the best steak I've ever eaten. The service was amazingly attentive without annoyance. The restaurant resides downstairs so there are no windows, but the warm, dark woods add to the ambiance. The prices may seem a little high but you are paying for very high quality food and location (Union Square). Also, pay attention to the specials. I was able to get a filet mignon, lobster tail (good size), asparagus and a salad for about $69, which was a substantial discount. There is a full bar available with a decent wine list. There are some booths, but most seating is available as tables in the center of the room. If you can get a one, I suggest a booth. Full service without the stuffed shirt.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andJimboVIPDined on 10/11/2008The food was excellent and the service was wonderful. Both waiter and hostess were exceptionally friendly. Everything was alacart which made it very expensive, but we would return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Morton's never disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/6/2008Morton's never disappoints. Food excellent, sevice prompt and friendly, a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Steaks were as good as expected,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2008Steaks were as good as expected, but the mashed potato's were lacking. Portions were as you expected at a steak house.
- This were the 2nd time weOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2008This were the 2nd time we dine in the same seats. HorribleSpecial Features:
- Mortons is what you wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2008Mortons is what you would expect. though the menu remains the same, they do deliver. Their onion bread is to die for. There is alot of food, so come hungry as the portions are gneerous. Our watperson was extrodinary and made our evening. We took advantage of a special dinner pormotion and when adding extra wine and appetizers, we still spent a bundle. This is a restuarant to dress-up for and feel you have gone someplace special. We frequently dine here before the teatre. The beef/steaks are consistently good and it is obvious the chefs take pride in presenting consistent food. We enjoy Mortons, though can't help but feel it is a bit of a cookie cutter restaurant and has lost some of it's panache from the past. Also, if youw ant aSpecial Features:
- Very busy weeknight eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/24/2008Very busy weeknight evening with a roomful of convention diners making for a quite noisy room.Special Features:
- I love Morton's, but the oneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2008I love Morton's, but the one in San Francisco seems to have serious quality control issues. I am a VIP member at the Morton's by South Coast Plaza, so I know what to expect when it comes to service and quality from Morton's. Anyhow, my girlfriend booked the reservation as a surprise to take me and her out for our birthdays (they are two days apart). When she made the reservation she made sure to reserve two center cut prime rib steaks. When we get there we find out that the waiter had given our steaks away to some group of obnoxious investment bankers. Oh, and my girlfriend loves prime rib more than any food in the world and its all she wanted for her birthday. Ands so they ruined two peoples birthday.
- You get wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2008You get wonderful service from start to finish! I've dined at Morton's 3-4 times now and I have never been disappointed. We are always greeted by a cheerful staff and seated promptly. Our server is always friendly and attentive. On our last visit our server, Fabian, was fantastic! I included in my Open Table reservation that this was a birthday dinner and Morton's put confetti on the table, printed the birthday celebrants' names on the menu and gave them a keepsake photo. Those surprise touches make it an extra special occasion. And then there's the food! It goes without saying that the food is outstanding. My only complaint is that it's really dark in the dining room and the restrooms. But that doesn't tarnish the whole experience.Special Features:
- We went here for my girlfriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2008We went here for my girlfriends birthday and was bad. The service was horrible, with the waitress barely paying attention to us. It was so loud we could not even hear one another. The valet moved my headlight setting on my benz, causing the battery to go dead the next morning. The food was mediocre. I would say that Ruth's Chris is twice the restaurant and the service beats anyplace we've been. WE WILL NOT RETURN TO MORTON'S!!
- Excellent - love Morton's.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/22/2008Excellent - love Morton's. I could eat here every day.Special Features:
- Mortons. Great steaks. DependablesusanalocaDined on 8/16/2008Mortons. Great steaks. Dependable for the menu that is Mortons.Special Features:
- Always a good steak to beOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2008Always a good steak to be had at Mortons. My advice is skip appetizers and order a giant steak and potato.Special Features:
- Prices way to high!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2008Solid steak house. My wife got a spoiled lobster. They were shocked and so were we. They took care of it and this can happen anywhere. A very poor value however. Prices are way out of line and too high by at least 25%.
- Mortons is a great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2008Mortons is a great choice everytime, for any occasion. The food and service are impeccable.Special Features:
- I took a friend here for hisKakealoVIPDined on 7/10/2008I took a friend here for his birthday and I must say, it was the best Customer Service I have ever received. They decorated the table with happy birthday glitter and took a picture of us to remember the night. A for sure must!Special Features:
- I have always enjoyed Morton's,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2008I have always enjoyed Morton's, but was disappointed this time in the preparation of our steaks. Two of us ordered our steaks medium well and received steaks that were close to rare. Aside from that, the service and all of the other food was very, very good and we enjoyed the restaurant very much.
- This is the first and onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2008This is the first and only bad meal I've ever had at Morton's; our steaks waited so long at the serving spot that they were cold by the time they got to our table, as were our side dishes. The server (who I hadn't had before) was borderline neglectful. All in all, I love Morton's and generally have great food and service there, but this particular night was dreadful. It unfortunately was my husband's first trip - so he's not eager to return.
- Tremendous food, and lotswc2022Dined on 6/2/2008Tremendous food, and lots of it! superior service, excellent knowledge of the menu, very friendly. Had a great experience on our anniversary!Special Features:
- It was my boyfriend's birthday;OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/3/2008It was my boyfriend's birthday; they decorated the table and greeted him Happy Birthday the moment we told them who we were. The crab cakes were wonderful. My boyfriend's medium steak is more like medium rare elsewhere. I apparently got the very last serving of prime rib and it was very SALTY. I am sure the prime rib would be wonderful had I not gotten the very last cut. Strongly recommend the crab cakes. We sometimes get the crab cakes at the bar.Special Features:
- My husband and I had a greatMrsRoxasDined on 2/14/2008My husband and I had a great meal and wonderful time!Special Features:
- Always consistent. You'llOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/19/2007Always consistent. You'll always have a great steak here. The portions are rather large so it's not a bad idea to share and get a side.Special Features:
- Both my husband and I loveStellaDined on 9/29/2007Both my husband and I love BEEF and are very particular about it. They got it right everytime. We have celebrated both our birthdays with Morton's for the past 4 years. Love it!Special Features:
- The wonderful service, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2007The wonderful service, great food and comfortable atmosphere made for a great evening. We'll be back and definitely this is a great recommendation.Special Features:
- Average daily dinning experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/4/2007Average daily dinning experience. The Steaks are Ok nothing specaill. I had better steaks elsewhere.
- Undeniably the best steak,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2007Undeniably the best steak, host and management in San Francisco.Special Features:
- Very good steaks maybe a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/5/2007Very good steaks maybe a little to $$$$ but I would say it's worth it.
- There is no better steak ongchal00Dined on 4/6/2007There is no better steak on the planet that I have found. Superb!!Special Features:
- Have always loved the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2006Have always loved the food and ambiance. Had a horrible service experience. My boyfriend and I were celebrating our four year anniversary, but were treated like little children. Our server acted like we were at a Chili's which detracted with our overall experience.
- Morton's seemed like everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/23/2005Morton's seemed like everything a steakhouse should be: a little oversized, red, a little dark. The perfect place for martinis and steak. Before dinner martinis were perfectly made. Steaks were delicious. We had a great bottle of Grgich Cab. It was good meal, but not of course, cheap. However, I enjoyed my experience at Morton's more than the admittedly limited number of other steakhouses I've patronized. If I ate at steakhouses more, I would return.Special Features:
- To me Mortons is the steakhouse,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/7/2005To me Mortons is the steakhouse, it may be a little expensive, but is worth it. Everything about Mortons is perfect. The service, ambiance and quality of the food is all exceptionalSpecial Features: