200 W Ramon Rd
Palm Springs, CA 92264Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://inglesideinn.com/melvyns_restaurant.html
- Phone: 7603252323
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Juan Castaneda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 2 private dining rooms seating up to 50-85 guests, and 75-100 standing,
both great for meetings and private dining. We have hosted meetings for Pitney Bowes, CBS, Warner Records and many others. Use the hotel for a business retreat and meet in the private rooms for meals, meetings, etc.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Ellis 7603252323
- Entertainment: Join us for nightly entertainment in our Piano Bar and dancing in our Casa Blanca Lounge from 8pm. On Sundays join us from 3.30pm till 7.30pm for our weekly Jam session.
- Special Events: Perfect setting for weddings, meetings or private parties. Custom menus are available for any budget.
A word from Melvyn's Restaurant
Melvyn's Restaurant was named "One of Ten Best" by the T.V. show "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous". Recipient of many top national awards. Melvyn's ambiance is the perfect compliment to gourmet dining. Every detail was selected to reflect gracious elegance and old world charm. Extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Melvyn's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Melvyn's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (14)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (8)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- A Classic not to be missedLagunaFriendsVIPDined on 3/15/2014If you have not been to Melvyn's and have any interest in what is truly "retro" and precious and wonderful, go now - who knows how long before it is gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P.S.ThomDined on 3/15/2014Great restaurant, excellent service a must if you are in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Fun experienceDiner1936VIPDined on 3/11/2014This is like stepping back in time. The decor has not changed since the 50's! Food was great, service was outstanding, but nothing beats the ambience! A must place to eat if you are visiting Palm Springs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blast into the PastPartyGroupVIPDined on 3/8/2014This place has been around for more than 80 years. Dining here gives you a feel for what it must have been like when the Rat Pack was running around in Palm Springs. The food is very good and a good sized and reasonably priced wine list. The wait staff is outstanding. We sat on the patio this visit which is my favorite place. The bar is always busy, but they seem to have it staffed appropriately every time I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blast from the past,DaisyDined on 3/6/2014Lovely restaurant! Reminded us of days gone by. The service was wonderful and the food great. The Inn looked amazing and we may try to stay there when we are back the next time. Will definitely go again,Special Features:
- Outstanding food and outstanding seRichRMVIPDined on 3/4/2014A friend and I had lunch at Melvyn's one day this week. I had the club sandwich. It was the best club sandwich I have ever had. I should add that I have had many, many clubs over the years. The service was excellent. There was a slight problem with the reservation, however the manager was more than helpful and corrected the issue immediately, even calling me to make sure that he had taken care of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quack quackhungrymanmixDined on 3/1/2014Get the duck.... it was amazing... visit a walk through history.... wear your best clothes...Special Features:
- Friday nightNellyDined on 2/21/2014We bring all out guests from out of town. The food is amazing, service is outstanding and if you're lucky Melvyn will stop by your table and share a joke. It's a classic place with classic fare. It's not a stretch to imagine The rat pack sipping on a few drinks and enjoying the steak Dianne (cooked at your table) along with another classic- cherries jubilee- for dessert. A must for anyone that's visiting or a good excuse to have a night out, and then kick up your shoes on the dance floor!Special Features:
- sat night at melvynsthankskdVIPDined on 2/20/2014wonderful! the lounge has not changed since we were last there. the resrtaurant was both delightful and delicious in a vintage sort of way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh Melvyn!travlinLAVIPDined on 2/17/2014Haven't been there for a couple of years, trying new places, and glad we came back. Won't be long until our next return! Food was great, service attentive, love it, love it, love it. Bar was lively (Monday night?), singer and audience seemed to be having a great time as well.....next time we will stay for the whole evening, and will try the Brunch, that was recommended by some friends as terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past it's time...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/17/2014If the food had been decent (best Cobb in the desert? - hardly), or the service less than sloppy, We might have overlooked it's aging decor. This desert tradition needs an update all around. On the other hand, maybe it is more of a bar scene type of place. We were there for lunch.
- True institutionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014The chicken pot pie is absolutely amazing ,it's a must order, and the seafood creeps were probably one of the best dishes I've had in a long time. Melvyn's is a true gem, and I recommend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nostalgic Cool but crowdedDrummer28Dined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentines Day - place was packed & we were seated 1/2 hour for our already late (8:45pm) reservation. Enjoyed the bar scene & cabaret singer, but it was really loud. Our dinner overall was good, but we both ordered the prixe fixe surf & turf, and were disappointed that the lobster was severely overcooked on both plates. Servers were great. We'd give it another try on a non-holiday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great Night!RenzDined on 2/14/2014The night went really well until we had two of the waiter's start arguing and yelling at each other in front of all their guest, however do not let that change tour mind about melvyns place is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The WORST !!!JPpalmspringsDined on 2/14/2014Have been familiar with Melvyn's for more than 20 years, the atmosphere is,very romantic, so decided to go there for Valentines . We had a 8:15 reservation & arrived at 7:30. After checking with the maitre'd was told that we couldn't be seated earlier but were on schedule for 8:15. Checked again at 8:30 and was told it would be any minute now…And finally at 9;00 told that there were five couples ahead of us ! Never once hearing the word "sorry" Not even when telling them to forget it ! They completely succeeded in ruining Valentines Day !!!!! It was bad enough to accept a reservation when incapable of keeping it, but completely despicable to hold us captive with lies !!!!!! IT USED TO BE SOMETHING…IT'S BECOME A TOURIST TRAP !!!!!
- First timer here!EatatJoesDined on 2/14/2014I feel was overbooked staff overwhelmed! Had reservations, still waited over an hour for table. Was nastalgic in bar....Waiting for Ole Blues to pop in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DinnerPoodleVIPDined on 2/14/2014Wonderful as always, but even though we made a reservation weeks ahead for 7:30pm, we weren't seated until 8:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJockoDined on 2/14/2014First visit, will be last. Waited one hour fifteen minutes past reservation time to be seated. Wait staff excellent. Food average, nothing special. Old Hollywood ambiance, way out of date. Great place to take Great Grandma and Pa.
- Valentine's DayHattieDined on 2/14/2014We had a fabulous dinner. Very fun decor for the special night. The chicken pot pie was excellent, not to mention the filet mignon and lobster tail! We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Valentines day dinnerWebweversDined on 2/14/2014We had our wedding rehearsal dinner here many years ago, and wanted to go back. The Food was great and the atmosphere was better. This place just keeps getting better and better. Good to see some of the same people working here from before. Very classy we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerBBarnesDined on 2/14/2014Nice Valentines Day dinner. Was hoping to order from the menu but it was a set course option instead. Even though it was a set course, the food was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We just discovered this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We just discovered this place and celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary. Wish we found it years ago. It's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time shot...steve3410Dined on 2/13/2014old fashion elegance.....perfect service...superior food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful AnniversaryLMR1Dined on 2/10/2014It was our 46th anniversary we were greeted by the Maître d' and seated right away. The service was wonderful and we felt we were being pampered. The food was great as well as the ambiance. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to say not impressedGaryVIPDined on 2/8/2014Ate hear 6 - 7 years ago. Went on Saturday 2/8/14, this reminded me why I hadn't been back since. We sat in the patio next to a very cold window. Dining room was busy, waited to long for dinner. When it arrived the rack for $72.00 was cooked well done. I had ordered it medium rare. The waiter carved it table side and still served it knowing how I ordered it. When I informed him that it was to well done, his response was, "This item takes the longest to overcook" NOT IMPRESSED when paying this price. The best part of the meal was the soufflé. To bad it was the only positive about a meal that cost this much. No intention of going back. To many places offering better food and service.
- EXPERIENCING PALM SPRINGS HISTORYDebInPalmSpringsDined on 2/4/2014...was the agenda for our evening dining at Melvyns Restaurant which is part of the historic Ingleside Inn. Friends from Minnesota were joining me in Palm Springs for a "get-out-of-the-snow" week, and I wanted to top off their stay with a special dinner. Not only was the food spectacular, but the presentation is what you don't get any longer in restaurants. Menu choices were unique. Beef medallions were tender and perfectly prepared, but the presentation of the chicken pot pie had everyone's attention as it was served. The table-side preparation of our Cherries Jubilee desert ended the evening perfectly. Dining at Melvyn's and walking through the Ingleside Inn is like taking a step back in time, a truly authentic Palm Springs experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Surpriseken29VIPDined on 1/26/2014Melvyn's is everything we expected and more. We had a great table location the staff was very attentive and pleasant. I had the filet mignon and it was perfect. Melted in my mouth. My wife had salmon and was also great. We had a great time. Would revisit.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant!kathe90035VIPDined on 1/24/2014Dining under the stars....great food and service..they really know how to cook lambSpecial Features:
- We love the ambiance of Melvyn'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/12/2014We love the ambiance of Melvyn's but all three of us agreed that the food was not up to par. Both eggs benedict orders were lacking zest in the sauce and my husband's crepes were dry. I hope this is not a usual occurance since we really enjoy dining here.Special Features:
- Palm Springs Must!!xtinaDined on 1/11/2014Melvyn's is a must do on your Palm Springs to do list. The food is excellent. The atmosphere is cozy, yet energetic. The staff is attentive. After dinner have a drink in the lounge, which has the vibrance that Sinatra is in the air. Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Go Place in Palm SpringHaleyDined on 1/3/2014Overall it's a lovely experience and we would definitely make it out Palm Spring Must Do in the future. Food is better than I'd expected - it's actually outstanding, as well as the service. Wine list, Martinis and Mai Tai are awesome as well. Love the piano bar. Looked around, most patrons are much older. I guess young people are too cool to be there, as the scensters would probably prefer to hang out by the pool at Ace and skip a proper dinner. It's a shame. I really would like to see more people my age to experience the great dining experience.Special Features:
- Like Stepping Back in TimeimalocalVIPDined on 1/1/2014Caring and attentive staff serving mediocre food in a setting that's circa 1972 Palm Springs. All-in-all entertaining due to the kitsch factor, but certainly not a place one visits for the food.
- Palm springs standardDutchisDivineVIPDined on 12/30/2013Melvyns is a Palm Springs standard at the Ingleside Inn, which evokes images of 1940 -meets current day. Its fun, kitschy and the bar scene is a blast! Go and get your Frank Sinatra on!Special Features:
- Disappointedluv2dineVIPDined on 12/29/2013I've heard about this restaurant for 30 years and have always wanted to eat here. Got my chance for lunch mid-week and was disappointed. The décor seemed tired and dated as did the wait staff. The food was just ok, nothing noteworthy or special. There was a mix up on paying with a credit card by someone in our party and we waited a long time to see if it was resolved, but we'd been forgotten. Finally had to go track down our waiter before we left and then it was a question if it did or didn't get handled properly. At least now I can say I've eaten at this Landmark restaurant, but don't think I'll bother to return.Special Features:
- Went there for 1st AnniversaryCaseyK1988Dined on 12/28/2013Went there for my Wife and I's 1st Wedding Anniversary and it was a very nice experience. Definitely the fanciest restaurant I have ever been to. The food was good, the wait staff was very attentive, they even had valet parking. The atmosphere was very nice love the decor of the restaurant. They even brought us a special slice of cake for our wedding anniversary. A very nice touch.Special Features:
- It's a classic from a differentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/28/2013It's a classic from a different era. Service and ambiance is still tops, but the quality food is declining. Melvyn take notice. Your best customers are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service - Dec 28/13RCFREEDVIPDined on 12/28/2013We have eaten at Melvyn's several times and always had great service. On this particular night service varied between indifferent and bordering on rude. We were also ignored in the bar after having our first drink and for several minutes once seated for dinner. F
- Be known or don't bother!CorpLdyDined on 12/27/2013We were the first guests to arrive for a 6pm reservation and had cocktails while waiting for the restaurant to begin seating. The bartender and server were wonderful. With an empty restaurant, we were seated right next to the service area and served by a waiter who was more concerned with his regular guests rather than cultivating new guests to become regulars. I chose to have 3 appetizers and a soufflé all were served lukewarm at best. The white fish was served less than lukewarm - my guest barely ate it. The final entrée, a filet, although cooked as requested, was the end cut and disappointing for the prices charged. If you must go, find someone who may be recognized or expect to be relegated to the service area.
- Christmas Day was a little hecticCathJollDined on 12/25/2013We made our reservations for 7:30 and had to wait in the bar which is no biggie. However we did not get seated until about 8:45 and that was after asking the Maitre D' several times if we were going to be seated soon. Once seated the service was great and of course the food too.Special Features:
- Great Service - but food not greatJemcaDined on 12/25/2013It's Christmas, the decorations are 50's funky nice! The Maitre-D is lovely and he compliments us as we walk in saying "now that you're here, my day is great". So far, fantastic. Lead to our table thru a bustling crowd, sat next to the "water feature", a small pond outside our window, sweet. Fantastic penguins are serving everyone with precision, arguing quietly with the waiters in training to make sure they do everything to a T! Drinks arrive quickly and are great. Our orders have been taken (only 3 pris fixe items for Xmas on the menu). Then the meal arrives, with hints of what it should have tasted like, but the heater it sat under all day + too much salt ruin it! I will go back again. Need to give the regular menu a fare chance.Special Features: