200 W Ramon Rd
Palm Springs, CA 92264Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://inglesideinn.com/melvyns_restaurant.html
- Phone: 7603252323
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Juan Castaneda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 2 private dining rooms seating up to 50-85 guests, and 75-100 standing,
both great for meetings and private dining. We have hosted meetings for Pitney Bowes, CBS, Warner Records and many others. Use the hotel for a business retreat and meet in the private rooms for meals, meetings, etc.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Ellis 7603252323
- Entertainment: Join us for nightly entertainment in our Piano Bar and dancing in our Casa Blanca Lounge from 8pm. On Sundays join us from 3.30pm till 7.30pm for our weekly Jam session.
- Special Events: Perfect setting for weddings, meetings or private parties. Custom menus are available for any budget.
A word from Melvyn's Restaurant
Melvyn's Restaurant was named "One of Ten Best" by the T.V. show "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous". Recipient of many top national awards. Melvyn's ambiance is the perfect compliment to gourmet dining. Every detail was selected to reflect gracious elegance and old world charm. Extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Melvyn's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Melvyn's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (42)special occasion (40)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (19)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (14)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- We love Melvyn's each andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2009We love Melvyn's each and every time we visit. Outstanding cuisine and wonderful staff! Everyone receives personalized service and the boutique feel of the restaurant is welcoming.Special Features:
- The food was five star, everyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/21/2009The food was five star, every dish was different and special and delicious. They had a special three course meal for $19.99 with four selections and they all sounded wonderful. The two we had were done perfectly and we almost went back to try the other two. They have live music in the piano bar every night and a great group on Sunday afternoon. There are great pictures on the wall of the bar of all the famous people that have been there through the years. Quite enchanting. Caters to an older group, and we are younger, but just loved it. We found it by googling 'the best restaurant in palm springs' and it was the best that we went to over five nights.Special Features:
- My Wife and I spent our 27thJimboVIPDined on 6/20/2009My Wife and I spent our 27th wedding anniversary at Melvyn’s and the food and service was stellar! We started by sharing the Pate Mason which is made there by the chief and I was happily surprised that there was more than enough for 2 people to share. Next came the Hot Spinach Salad which was prepared table side and that was done perfectly and once again I was surprised by the size of the salad, my wife and I loved it. After the Spinach Salad we ordered the chicken minestrone soup which was ok but not my favorite. For our main course we had the Chatebriand Bouquetiere for 2 which we ordered to be cooked rare and that’s how it was severed table side with plenty of fresh vegs. The dinner at Melvyn’s was delicious and we had someSpecial Features:
- This is an incredible "throw-back"OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2009This is an incredible "throw-back" restaurant to the ambiance of the 50's and 60's. We had tableside service from a man who had been with the restaurant for 35 years! He was incredibly knowledgeable about Palm Springs and did a great job with our food. I give this place my highest recommendation.Special Features:
- A wonderful find honoringOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/4/2009A wonderful find honoring old Palm Springs. Food is excellent without the huge servings you get elsewhere. But the service is even better, and lots of fun. We will always return.Special Features:
- The selection of wines bygaryDVIPDined on 5/31/2009The selection of wines by the glass was beyond poor & the stemware needs to be updated.
- Melvyn's is a Palm SpringsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2009Melvyn's is a Palm Springs "Institution". I have been going to Melvyn's for dinner and for their wonderful Sunday brunch and the Sunday Jam Session for at least 30 years. From the moment you walk in the door and are greeted by the ever delightful matire d' the experience is wonderful, friendly, efficient and totally pleasant. The staff, without exception, exhibit their enjoyment of serving you. I unconditionally recommend Melvyn's to all my friends and visitors to Palm Springs.Special Features:
- This is a classic step backOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/22/2009This is a classic step back in time to the Palm Springs in its heyday - the service is outstanding, right from the start with Brian greeting you when you walk in to the attentive and warm service - the food is outstanding, very classic in its preparation and a tremendous selection - from appetizer to dessert, the overall experience was exceptional and my only wish is that we had found this gem 20 years ago when we first came to Palm Springs - by all means, go and experience what true Palm Springs tradition is all about!Special Features:
- Wonderful Ambiance. Food excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2009Wonderful Ambiance. Food excellent as was the service. Melvin dressed to the nines and dapper as always working the tables and making everyone feel welcome. A beautiful place to dine.Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2009Food was good, service was outstanding, but it was not good enough for the price. The lounge/dance area was far too small. I was disappointed by the experience.Special Features:
- Step back into old Palm SpringsWarrenDined on 5/14/2009Step back into old Palm Springs at this legendary spot. The best Cobb Salad too!Special Features:
- This is old world Palm SpringsExnerfanDined on 5/5/2009This is old world Palm Springs dining at its best. Do not be put off by the formal maitre d' or the over-the-top decor. The service and food were outstanding, and we all had a very fun dining experience, especially my mom who was turning 84. We were treated like celebrities, and because we were warm to the staff, we were treated with genuine warmth in return. All the food was excellent, but the steak Diane and cherries jubilee were especially noteworthy, because they were both made tableside. We will definitely return to Melvyn's when in Palm Springs again.Special Features:
- Historical spot with muchs2artrVIPDined on 5/4/2009Historical spot with much ambience. Formal setting with dim lighting and large chandelliers. Attentive service. Romantic. Great $19.95 4 course price-fixe meal with many choices of entrees. We throroughly enjoyed our evening. Piano bar in lounge with nostalgic melodies.Special Features:
- Melvyns is a classic in oldEnsenadaAlDined on 5/2/2009Melvyns is a classic in old Palm Springs. Clientel is largely older, and the fare is what you would expect in an upscale Old Palm Springs restaurant. Service is always friendly, thorough and yet unobtrusive. I chose on this occasion to book a table at Melvyns to visit with longtime friends who had moved to nearby Rancho Mirage. We had a solid meal, decent wine and a nice long visit in a very comfortable atmosphere. There are many trendier (and noisier) places abounding nearby, but on this night Melvyns was the perfect selection.Special Features:
- This is a great restaurantkarenzDined on 4/20/2009This is a great restaurant - been here various times thru the years and is always a favorite. Charm and class in all areas.Special Features:
- We love Melvyns. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2009We love Melvyns. The food is always well prepared and the service is impeccable. Prices are surprisingly reasonable for a fine dining restaurant.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2009Great atmosphere, awesome service, good food at very reasonable prices. We love this place!Special Features:
- Our waitress was awesome,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2009Our waitress was awesome, however, the Easter special menu and exhorbitant price were not put on the website, so were felt blindsided. It was a apred down regular brunch menu but twice the price!!!! Even dessert was extra. Usually if you're going to charge more because it's Easter, at least there is something "extra" on the menu. Especially in this slow economy, the price should have reflected the less choices menu! And, we didn't get to sit on the patio 'cause those tables are for parties of 4, very disappointed.Special Features:
- Although I requested the gardenDonaldVIPDined on 4/6/2009Although I requested the garden room, when we arrived we were seated in the dining room with no acknowledgement that the room I requested was unavailable. There were six of us eating and the majority of them thought the food was average, meal served lukewarm and thought it was not worthy to return for dinner again. Very disappointed after hearing good reviews from other people we know.
- Excellent service, deliciousAliceWZVIPDined on 3/24/2009Excellent service, delicious food, lovely ambiance...adults can have a real conversation because it is relatively quiet. One of most favorite in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Was very pleased with theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2009Was very pleased with the service, food, and friendly staff.Special Features:
- This restaurant is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2009This restaurant is excellent but know that it is very "old-school". They make no pretenses about the menu being very old and consistent with the finest of dining from years ago. If you are looking for the latest in Califonia "fusion" cuisine, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for an elegant dining experience with tuxedo wearing servers who cook things tableside, then look no further.Special Features:
- As Always, Melvin's was great.FromOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2009As Always, Melvin's was great.From the Maitre D's welcome and the first class table service the dining experience was memorable. The Squash soup is one of my favourite choices on the menu. It is a great way to begin any meal. I have been to the restaurant 5 times now, and it is a great place to bring out of town guests. Wonderful ambience, food and serviceSpecial Features:
- It was a busy night, ValentinesPSJohnDined on 2/14/2009It was a busy night, Valentines Day. We were seated in a timely manner and the service was prompt and efficient. The restaurant is quintessential old style Palm Springs. The music in the bar was great. That night there was a set price menu, which had interesting choices. Both of us enjoyed our orders. All in all a wonderful Valentine experience.
- Not recommended. Service veryBBetterDined on 2/13/2009Not recommended. Service very slow. Dinner took more than two hours. Cancelled dessert.
- Melvyn's is living on itsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/6/2009Melvyn's is living on its reputation. The main entrée was hot but the vegetables were cold. Each dish had exactly the same sides it was apparent that this was a production line. When asking for description of the entrees the waiter was indifferent to our questions. The deserts were not fresh. More coffee was offered but never came. Do not go The Chop House and The Falls are much better.