Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
3500 Ocean Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32963Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cobaltrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7724691060
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00 am;
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Bar Sunday-Thursday: until 11:00pm
Friday-Saturday: until midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mike VanBuskirk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our Private Dining page for special details regarding catering, private events, and special occasions.
- Entertainment: Join us for Mr. Motown, Curtis Hill every Friday beginning at 7:30pm.
- Special Events: Don't forget about our daily happy hour served everyday from 4:30pm-6:00pm in the Cobalt Lounge. $3 and $4 appetizers and $5 drinks!
A word from Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
American Seafood Grill, the Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge is adjacent to the Vero Beach Hotel and Spa. Located on the 1st floor with a beach front patio and fire pit. Heaton’s Reef is the charming ocean side pool bar and gazebo. Enjoy the sun and the sound of the waves on our patio with one of our signature cocktails or warm up by the fire on a cool evening. Private dining and meeting space are both availableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (44)great for outdoor dining (38)special occasion (32)romantic (28)fit for foodies (23)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (19)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- As always we had a great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2011As always we had a great dinner and experience at Cobalts. The menu is great, with quite a few choices between fish and meats. And the have a very nice wine list with many choices by the glass, not to mention they make a great Cosmo! Our server Richard was attentive and personable. The views of the ocean are wonderful!Special Features:
- Terrible expreience at Cobalt's.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2011waitress was not experience...she gave us an incorrect bill, after signing it - we realized it was WRONG..told her she corrected it...now my charge card is overcharged by $58.00. Called the Manager was told I had to wait several days and it would clear up. I asked to have accounting call me in the morning. This is not what Mother's Day should be ..because of an error the waitress made. She could have been out approxiately $144. Now Iam out $58.00 the the managment is telling me I have to wait . Call my credit card to hold on the charges. Never will go back. Manager should have cleared it up immediately. The Waitress was terrible.
- This was our first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011This was our first time there and we enjoyed it. I ordered a gift card from the spa and it was on her plate when we sat down. I also thought the entrance to the restaurant was where we had teh valet park the car but it was in the other building afte we walked into the first one. Could be some marking as to where it is somewhere.Special Features:
- Beautiful ocean views, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2011Beautiful ocean views, excellent food, seemed to be under staffed. Would definitely return!
- Disappointed FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2011extremely disappointed in our brunch at Colbalt. It was very expensive which would have been tolerable had the food been the expected outstanding. We went for brunch, the location was great unfortunately the food was not. The eggs were tasteless and cold and none of the other items offered were exceptional. The dessert display was a mess. It was slices of cake/cheesecake on a round plate. Most of it looked like it had been left out too long and was not very appealing. The service was just okay. If I wanted an experience like that I would have gone to Denny's and spent a whole lot less money. We were so excited to go there and take my daughter who lives in Vero to a great spot for brunch on Easter. Would not go again!
- Nice Place w/ Minimal A/CVIPMemberVIPDined on 4/16/2011Had lunch with a friend. Declined outside seating because it was very hot outside. Air conditioning in the restaurant was minimal and almost non existnet as you sat closer to the doors of the outside patio. Could not enjoy my wine because of the air conditioning. I asked about the A/C and was told it is always hot that time of the day. Food and table service very good.
- We just love this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2011We just love this restaurant. Even though we live on the ocean, going to the hotel for breakfast, lunch or dinner we always feel like we are on vacation. Most beautiful restaurant and resort in Vero Beach. Would and do recommend this hotel including restaurant to everyone. The staff at the restaurant goes out of their way to make every experience a great one. We are very picky people when it comes food and service and this tops it allSpecial Features:
- Meeting an old friend at CobaltsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2011We had a wonderful, relaxed lunch. The service was outstanding and we never felt rushed. The food was very good. I had softshell crab which was tasty and I finished it all. The price was typical for a hotel restaurant, which was $$$ out of 5. We sat in table inside overlooking the ocean and the ambiance was wonderful.Special Features:
- Given the setting, which isfloridaboundDined on 4/7/2011Given the setting, which is the best on the beach, and the pricing, one's expectations for the menu are high. The menu on the night we were there seemed uniformly uninteresting. The food we ordered was well prepared, nicely plated and served. But in terms of the menu, compared to Tides, there's no contest.Special Features:
- First, when you are not tooTFB353VIPDined on 4/2/2011First, when you are not too busy (on a Saturday night which is a review in itself) don't sit me next to a crying baby. Our server told us bread was in the oven and we would get some as soon as it was ready. Half way through our appetizers she showed up with a bread basket containing a small roll cut in half plus another half a roll. Clearly bread was being rationed. Our salads had little flavor. I ordered short ribs knowing they are difficult to mess up. Tender but no flavor. The Vero Beach Hotel is wonderful and the Cobalt Restaurant is located in a very attractive setting. Service is pretty good but the food is very disappointing. I have written many reviews on OpenTable and this is the first time I have given a one star rating on food.
- Thanks for a wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2011Thanks for a wonderful experience! Food, service and view were amazing.Special Features:
- Great all around evening at Cobalt.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2011The menu was very unique and well balanced. The food was served timely and was delicious. The view was awesome. After dinner we had a romantic talk out by the fire pit.Special Features:
- the breakfast was fine andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2011the breakfast was fine and the wait staff was excellent. we would come backSpecial Features:
- While the ambience and serviceellenhrproDined on 3/12/2011While the ambience and service were wonderful, the food was extremely disappointing. Meat was tough and tasteless. Definitely not worth the money. We met some great people but we would go there again for drinks by the firepit, but not for dinner.Special Features:
- We had a spectacular mealNanBPDined on 3/8/2011We had a spectacular meal at Cobalt! Our server, Brandin, was efficient, personable and gave us fabulous recommendations. This is a MUST DO in the Vero Beach (Treasure Coast) area...I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- A pleasent surprise. MostlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2011A pleasent surprise. Mostly a fish dinner menu and the fish selection was good and the dinner itself delicious. Lunch outside--the sirloin burgers and fries were a huge hit iwth the whole family. I definetly recommend it while in Vero. One of the better restaurants in town.Special Features:
- A very attractive spot. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2011A very attractive spot. Very good food and ambience.Special Features:
- We dined outside and the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2011We dined outside and the view was so spectacular that we were willing to forgive some major flaws. Our waiter was good but the restaurant was miserably understaffed and our waiter seemed to be waiting on everyone. He simply couldn't keep up and as a result there were major waits between courses. In addition, he forgot to order our side dish which came as we were finishing our entrees. To his credit he took full responsibility for the oversight. We would return because we love waterfront dining that doesn't include a tacky nautical motif and we are hoping that this was just an off evening for Cobalt.Special Features:
- This is a lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2011This is a lovely restaurant with a spectacular view of the ocean. The fire pit adds a fun touch.Special Features:
- We were pleasantly surprised.TheoDined on 2/11/2011We arrived early but a gracious hostess seated us right away. Our waitress was on the ball and handled everything very well. She was supervising a trainee who actually had lots of experience but just didn't know the computer system. The four of us commented on the very good dinners. Salads are average and a bit expensive.Special Features:
- Our first time there andOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/11/2011Our first time there and we really enjoyed ourselves. The food was very good I had the bass and my wife had the lamb pasta both were very tasty as were the salmom & tuna apps.Special Features:
- This restaurant rocksOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/25/2011We stayed at the beautiful Vero Beach Hotel and spa, and Cobalt is their restaurant. We usually only eat once at the hotel where we're staying, as we like to try new places. But, we ate four meals at Cobalt. Right on the ocean, it is beautiful inside and out. The food offers everything from light fare to full dinner menu. We had them all. The wait staff is great and the chef will accommodate all requests, even splitting portions with no charge. We enjoyed the grilled mahi mahi sandwich for lunch, a "beach basket" lunch another day and the bar section of the restaurant has its own menu and we really enjoyed the tuna tartar flatbread "pizza" which was plentiful and flavorful. Will definitely stay there and eat there upon our return.Special Features:
- Our group of 3 turned intoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2011Our group of 3 turned into 7 at the last minute, but we were graciously and quickly accommodated. The service level was perfect - attentive but not intrusive, and the view is spectacular. A truly classy restaurant without any hint of snobbery.Special Features:
- Everything was good, justFLfoodieVIPDined on 1/9/2011Everything was good, just not amazing. It is expensive compared to some other restaurants where I think the food is a little better.
- Do not dress casual here,Pita1Dined on 1/7/2011Do not dress casual here, it's a bit the older well to do crowd in so nothing fancy just make a bit of effort so you don't feel uncomfortable being to casual. I wore a cute hat and when I saw all the women dressed for dinner I felt awkward.....Special Features:
- My wife and I were lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2011My wife and I were looking for an exceptional place for date night and found it. Cobalt has a level of sophistication that we were used to in Denver that just isn't as prevalent in this area. While I wanted to rate the food as outstanding, the calamari appetizer was a let-down. It came out over-cooked and greasy. The bread was soft and doughy in the center with a wonderfully crispy crust, but it curiously had no flavor. The meal was redeemed with the entrees and desert. My tuna was simply seared and bursting with flavor, the mushrooms and tomatoes perfect accompaniments. My wife was similarly pleased with her ribs. Desert was a toffee pudding with bourbon ice cream and maple syrup, outstanding!
- We had a fine dinner and enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/10/2010We had a fine dinner and enjoyed it so much more than its' predecessor - the Indigo Room. We will definitely return. It is a pity that there were so few people there.Special Features:
- Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! OnPita1Dined on 12/4/2010Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! On the beach so after dinner take you drinks and enjoy the firepit while listening t the crashing waves!! Has taken the #1 spot on my list of date night dinner spots.....A MUST GO!!! If you havent been yet make a rezi NOW!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful romantic spot. RequstedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2010Wonderful romantic spot. Requsted a table outside overlooking the ocean. Recently visited Hawaii and it beats any dining spot I visited there. Thank you.Special Features:
- This restaurant was highlyGrappaDined on 10/14/2010This restaurant was highly recommended by Food and Wine. Very disappointing.
- Great service, Very FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2010Great service, Very Friendly - Great Food - Beautful Ocean front dining!!Special Features:
- First the place is very romantic,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2010First the place is very romantic, we were staying at the hotel for our 1st Anniversary. I was a little disappointed with 2 things. First, I ordered the Roasted Halibut and it was fair, over cooked. My husband had the Rib Eye and is was Great, I had a few bits and loved it. We told the hostess it was our Anniverisary and asked for a romantic table. It was on my reservation too. Their was no table directly ocean front but to the side, (we could still see the ocean) It was a Tuesday night the place not that busy. Well, about 10 minutes go by and she sits a table of 12 guys next to us. I would of thought maybe she should of put us in a differnt table knowing this reservation was coming in. I think it was poor planning. There was room.Special Features:
- Beautiful open restaurantBeverlyVIPDined on 8/22/2010Beautiful open restaurant overlooking the ocean. Even on a hot August night in South Florida, the beach kept it cool.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful meal atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2010We had a wonderful meal at Cobalt. We were staying at the hotel so it was a mere two floors down to the restaurant. The food was fantastic, the service even better and hats off to the pastry chef. The chocolate cake with salted peanut ice cream was so good I started sweating. My steak was great, the fries were just right. My wife's dinner was excellent. I could go on and on, if you are in Vero, you myst stop by and have dinner at Cobalt.Special Features:
- Every time we go to CobaltOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2010Every time we go to Cobalt we have a great experience. The food is awesome, the service is great and the atmosphere is unbeatable. The food is more expensive because it is very high quality, so it's not a place I would necessarily take kids. I highly recommend Cobalt for a romantic night out.Special Features:
- The first thing we noticedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2010The first thing we noticed upon entering was the spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean. The outdoor patio was absolutely beautiful. They had all the special touches inside and outside to make the restaurant trendy in a somewhat retired community. I had a tuna carpaccio as an appetizer that was fantastic. The tuna melted like butter in my mouth. For main fare I enjoyed a local filet of Florida swordfish with a squash puree and a side of pork belly. The combination was on spot with the smokeyness of the pork belly and the strong swordfish taste. My family enjoyed their meals as well with my mom quoting "best mahi ever" Very Pricey is an understatement but the food was culinarily adventurous. I will be going back!Special Features:
- My family and I have eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2010My family and I have eaten at the Cobalt numerous times. This last experience was not as great as usual. New menu was a little disappointing. Too many seafood dishes and they have gone a bit avant gard with their vegetable preperation. Of course, ocean view and overall ambiance is the best on the Treasure Coast.Special Features:
- The food was great but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2010The food was great but service was very slow for a wednesday night. We waited quite a while for dinner and our server only came back once to check on our drinks, which needed refilling.Special Features:
- We went for Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2010We went for Mother's Day brunch on a beautiful sunday afternoon. The weather could not have been more perfect. We sat on the patio in order to enjoy the best of what coastal south florida has to offer. The beach and ocean views were absolutely picturesque and the restaurant's cozy patio is so relaxing and perfect for a leisurely brunch. Unfortunately the food was at best mediocre. A $35 buffet was served, and there was not one item that was tastey enough to lull me back for seconds. At that price per person, is it really acceptable for the omelet bar to run out of mushrooms? Bottomless mimosas for $20 and the outstanding views made this brunch an amazing experience and a very special Mother's Day.Special Features:
- It's not every day that IOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2010It's not every day that I make reservations to eat. I chose Cobalt because I believed that it would be a nice, fancy place to take my mom for Mother's Day. The environment was nice and the view was great but something was lacking. I expected my mother to be treated like a queen. Starting with the hostess instead of saying, "oh yes Mrs. Gaines, Happy Mother's Day, right this way." It was, "for two?" "Follow me." We ordered coffee but had to ask for sugar and cream. Then when we went to eat, we found many items missing. We went to look for bacon twice and there wasn't any. Finally, we asked the server for bacon. While she did return quickly with it, we wondered, why didn't anyone ever say that if you need anything, don't be afraid to ask.