Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
3500 Ocean Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32963Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cobaltrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7724691060
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00 am;
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Bar Sunday-Thursday: until 11:00pm
Friday-Saturday: until midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mike VanBuskirk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our Private Dining page for special details regarding catering, private events, and special occasions.
- Entertainment: Join us for Mr. Motown, Curtis Hill every Friday beginning at 7:30pm.
- Special Events: Don't forget about our daily happy hour served everyday from 4:30pm-6:00pm in the Cobalt Lounge. $3 and $4 appetizers and $5 drinks!
A word from Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
American Seafood Grill, the Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge is adjacent to the Vero Beach Hotel and Spa. Located on the 1st floor with a beach front patio and fire pit. Heaton’s Reef is the charming ocean side pool bar and gazebo. Enjoy the sun and the sound of the waves on our patio with one of our signature cocktails or warm up by the fire on a cool evening. Private dining and meeting space are both availableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (45)great for outdoor dining (39)special occasion (37)romantic (29)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (13)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Music overpowers the eveningJayeDined on 11/1/2013Upon entering the music from the bar was outrageously loud. Therefore asked for the table furthest away. Service was superb. food was attractively garnished and served. Noise level decreased somewhat while we were eating however velocity increased again as it was time for coffee and dessert. Chose to take our coffee outside to finish our dinner. I realize profits are made on the bar, but it would be more pleasant dining if glass pocket doors could be installed as they did for the banquet room. Quiet piano music is most appreciated when dining in a facility such as that. Let the younger set enjoy their loud music and afford your more mature clients relaxing fine dining.Special Features:
- PerfectTommyDined on 10/31/2013Everything about our time at Cobalt was perfect. The food, the service, the ambiance. Will be going back ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vero Beach tripckvp1Dined on 10/24/2013We stayed at the Vero Beach hotel and spa and not wanting to leave for dinner, we decided to try Cobalt on site. It was a slow evening, so the attention of the waiter and manager was impeccable. Appetizers were wonderful, entrees were excellent and dessert hit the spot. Very cool drink I had never had before that was recommended by the waiter. Can't remember the name, but it had bits of fruit, vodka and a few other ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean Front ViewSandflyVIPDined on 10/24/2013Cobalt has just about everything one could ask for. The restaurant has a large bar room and a gorgeous outside patio overlooking the Atlantic Ocean with fire pits and seating arrangements. The atmosphere is lovely, muted with lots of space between tables. Cobalt has an excellent chef and Florida is blessed with incredible seafood so we both enjoyed fish entrees. That was truly outstanding. However, we would have enjoyed the evening more had our server been more attentive.Special Features:
- This is a beautiful restaurantSavvyeaterDined on 10/23/2013This is a beautiful restaurant , they have thought of everything. We enjoyed everything we ordered and would love to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE had lunch and dinner at CobaltpaulaDined on 10/15/2013Lunch and dinner were both really good. Very nice service people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at CobaltFoodiemeVIPDined on 10/15/2013There is a new fall menu that is great - even the sauces for the oysters on the half shell have gone an interesting notch up - I had the pan roasted black grouper - could melt in your mouth - tried the duck confit ravioli - innovative - service with Richard is special - he knows the menu, is attentive and very professional. Dinner at Cobalt is always special./Special Features:
- BirthdayCelebration a success.ConnieDined on 10/5/2013Our server was attentive, delightful and friendly. The Birthday Girl loved her English accent. You will enjoy COBALT Restaurant..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunchset1130Dined on 9/29/2013Great atmosphere - wonderful food selection. Austin was a very attentive server! Will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBentleyDined on 9/16/2013We have been here several times and it never disappoints, delicious, beautiful setting- wound recommend:)lSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cobalt Restaurant and LoungeDHFooteDined on 9/14/2013My Wife and I, as well as our extended family, have enjoyed Chef Michael and his Team for years. Cobalt ALWAYS excels in their Food and Service. Perfect venue for a valued culinary experience. Service is always top rated and Chef Michaels' menu manipulation is always excellent and locally sourced. A perfect gem in Vero Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We totally enjoyed our dinnerFoodiemeVIPDined on 9/3/2013We totally enjoyed our dinner - the chef has perfected very intricate flavors - Richard, our server has perfected the art of serviceSpecial Features:
- We have been eating here almostFoodiemeVIPDined on 8/27/2013We have been eating here almost every Tues night this summer - bottle of fine wines at 1/2 price special - but it is the food and service that brings us back -oysters on the half shell great - beautifully prepared fish and meat dishes - service by Richard first rate and always professional.Special Features:
- Impersonating a cocktail loungeEJohnDined on 8/24/2013Ruined my whole meal when I could not get a Gibson, because they had NO onions. Over $300.00 for 4 people and they can't afford onions. No excuse!
- Had a lovely meal outsidekrk5Dined on 8/11/2013Had a lovely meal outside the dining room, loved the beet salad and olives. Plan on a return visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chef offers very interesting,FoodiemeVIPDined on 8/11/2013The chef offers very interesting, creative dishes. Love the oysters on the half shell as an appetizer - wish they were served at lunch - the brunch is very innovative as well -Special Features:
- Perfectly divine!CheerioDined on 8/3/2013We has the spring pea soup!!! Best sou I have EVER tasted!!!had opa and filet. Divine. Creme brûlée was sumptuous and the red velvet cake delicious. Our waitress from England /Australia was perfectly wonderful. Fun and knew her menu!!! Chef Michael came 2 times to our table. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!Lab2181Dined on 7/30/2013As Kimpton InTouch members we were pleasantly surprised to find that this restaurant has really stepped up its game for years past. Wonderful experience...Bravo!..we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal In years!LuvN2Dined on 7/29/2013Wow what a great dinner the 4 of us had! Tom was our very gracious server, patiently answering a slew of questions by one in our party. Everything, I mean every item was prepared to perfection. I will never forget the snapper I ate, cooked and seasoned to absolute mouth-watering perfection! Other dishes devoured included the Tuna, Flatiron Steak, and the Braised Short Ribs. Dessert was (no pun intended) more icing on the cake. Creme Brûlée was drool-worthy, as was the Red Velvet Cake and Ice Cream, and the Fudge with Raspberry Topping. No complaints whatsoever. We were thrilled to be here to celebrate a small family reunion and an anniversary. 5+ Stars, very highly recommend. Thank you to our server Tom, our Chef, and to Cobalt.Special Features:
- Great gluten-free offeringsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2013Great gluten-free offerings for the modern foodie. Even offered gluten-free bread upon seating and declared that chef would make any requested adjustments to suit special needs. Menu hits on every protein type and interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jason (Kitchen Manager) veryJohnCDined on 7/24/2013Jason (Kitchen Manager) very friendly and engaging. Food delicious and perfectly prepared and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good servicecarolTDined on 7/16/2013had a great meal at cobolt . The farm greens salad with strawberries and blue cheese was light and fresh and the dressing didn't overwhelm the greens. Entre was chicken breast with potatoes and a corn pudding that was poured over the chicken as a sauce. Breast was very tender. Dessert was their signature brownie pyramid which is a brownie topped with dulce de leche ice cream and raspberry sorbet. It was good but not great. Brownie needed to be heated up, and more chocolatey tasting. The ambiance would have been quiet and refined, as I was sat in the side room, but there was a table next to me with small children whose parents allowed them to scream and run around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skip breakfast , dinner onlyRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 7/7/2013breakfast was good but nothing specail othwer than the ambience. recommend for dinner
- Food was amazing... we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2013Food was amazing... we had the salmon and the snapper. Service was the best that I have ever experienced with the (seemingly) entire staff (including the chef) checking in with us every 15 - 20 minutes. Capped by a view of the Atlantic Ocean.... DEFINATELY worth the trip!Special Features:
- Service was spot-on and unobtrusiveVBFoodieDined on 6/22/2013Service was spot-on and unobtrusive. Menu was varied and delicious! The ocean view spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable LunchPatKathDined on 6/22/2013I took my girlfriend here for lunch for her birthday. We were seated at a nice table by the window with an ocean view - a little too warm to sit outside - so this was perfect. We both had the grilled swordfish sandwich. I was leary because I never had it before - but our waitress told me that it was very mild and juicy so I tried it. It was delicious! We also had the peach creme brulee for dessert and it was delicious as well. We were able to sit for a long time without being rushed and had a very enjoyable lunch. After, we sat down by the pool under an umbrella and had a few drinks while soaking in the beautiful ocean view. This is a beautiful hotel and I love to bring friends here because I am never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What would otherwise haveChuckDined on 6/21/2013What would otherwise have been an enjoyable meal was completely marred by a third tier band playing in the adjacent bar area that made it impossible to speak with or hear others at our table.
- Cobalt is not typical hotel diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2013Booking through open table is recommended. On a crowded night the greet staff promptly showed us to our table for two. The obvious draw to Cobalt is its view of the ocean with an expanse of windows which provides any seat in the house with at least a glimpse of Vero Beach. Ours was center stage. This is a kid friendly hotel as well as a place for business meetings so there were children dining, however everyone seemed to be well behaved; the noise level was fine. Our server was courteous and attentive but not evenly so. He knew his menu and daily specials without referring to any notes...I like that. The menu was varied and offered many interesting choices for all courses. Nice weekend bar scene. This is upscale dining at an upscale hotel.Special Features:
- Just off the markshupeDined on 6/18/2013We came for a birthday. The menu was very interesting, so we thought we would try it. We tried 5 different courses. The food is very good, but just missing a little something to make it spectacular. We were pleased, but ultimately disappointed. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive!GlutensensitiveDined on 5/31/2013Our group had several food allergies. The staff was very attentive. We were confident they were looking out for out interests. The chef even came out and helped us with our choices. I would most certainly eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!eatinwithaviewDined on 5/26/2013We sat on the patio and this was quite possibly the best view I've ever had at a restaurant. Every table was full, but It was quiet enough to visit. The food was okay, not the best brunch I've ever eaten, but it was tasty and the view/ambience completely made up for it. It was also reasonably priced. We will definitely eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dining room was very welcomingPleasedDinerDined on 5/6/2013The dining room was very welcoming and the view was outstanding. There is a large outdoor dining area which did not in any way obstruct the view of the ocean, etc. Our waiter was very well versed in the menu and did an excellent job answering any questions as well as suggesting other items we might like. The presentation was quite nice and the service was wonderful. We went there on my wife's birthday and we were welcomed with a "Happy Birthday". We will be returning to the Cobalt again... Ron KrauseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Truffle Fries!BirdlegzVIPDined on 4/30/2013We ate at Cobalt several times, while we stayed at the Vero Beach Hotel and Spa. The wait staff was friendly and very knowledgeable, although sometimes, there were too few of them. Their recommendations were spot on - the scallops were perfect, and we tried an array of small plates - each one better than the next. The best surprise though, were the truffle fries. They were melt-in-your-mouth delicious, and a lovely treat!Special Features:
- Great food and an oceanfront viewBlazerbabeDined on 4/28/2013Cobalt is my favorite restaurant in Vero Beach. I make sure my family goes there each year when we get together for our family reunion. The outdoor patio right on the beach is great for cocktails or for meals. We usually go inside for dinner, where the food and service are excellent and the ambiance makes for great conversation. I highly recommend Cobalt for a nice evening out in Vero.Special Features:
- Great views of the ocean .OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/24/2013Great views of the ocean . Great service and nice selections on menu from full meals to small plates . The patio is also fun for after dinner drinksSpecial Features:
- One meal wasn't enough!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2013This is truly one of the best dining experiences in Vero Beach. Outstanding menu. Great drinks and desserts, and impeccable service and attention to detail. Terrific atmosphere. We loved our experience so much that we returned the following night to dine ocean side on the patio outside the bar. It was wonderful- try it!Special Features:
- The food and menu offeringsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/16/2013The food and menu offerings at this restaurant are excellent. Service is strangely inconsistent and not indicative of the overall dining experience. Everything on the menu is unique and light while portions are more than adequate. None of the dishes seem dated and all offer something a bit different than you would find at other restaurants locally. The seafood is fresh and well prepared. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Best BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/14/20132 of us had Sunday brunch which was the best in the area. The country ham omelet was amazing. We were so hungry we had the giant ricotta pancake on the side. The service was a bit slow at the beginning as they were very busy but the manager and server did everything they could to make up for it. I would recommend this brunch as the place to take out of town guests or just to relax on a Sunday. The food, service and view are outstanding.Special Features:
- the food was good...the servicelocalpbgDined on 4/13/2013the food was good...the service started off well but then tanked....the waiter wanted us gone ASAP...guess he's used to people that eat at 7pm ...and it was 830pm....the entire hotel lacks service...Special Features:
- We are not visitors in VeroSandflyVIPDined on 4/13/2013We are not visitors in Vero Beach and we had dined at Cobalt before. It had always been good but this was spectacular. No kidding the food was beyond good. Four of us travel a great deal and one couple have a home in San Francisco. We all four agreed it was simply great. The chef is excellent. I would recommend it without hesitation.Special Features: