Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
3500 Ocean Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32963Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cobaltrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7724691060
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00 am;
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Bar Sunday-Thursday: until 11:00pm
Friday-Saturday: until midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mike VanBuskirk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our Private Dining page for special details regarding catering, private events, and special occasions.
- Entertainment: Join us for Mr. Motown, Curtis Hill every Friday beginning at 7:30pm.
- Special Events: Don't forget about our daily happy hour served everyday from 4:30pm-6:00pm in the Cobalt Lounge. $3 and $4 appetizers and $5 drinks!
A word from Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
American Seafood Grill, the Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge is adjacent to the Vero Beach Hotel and Spa. Located on the 1st floor with a beach front patio and fire pit. Heaton’s Reef is the charming ocean side pool bar and gazebo. Enjoy the sun and the sound of the waves on our patio with one of our signature cocktails or warm up by the fire on a cool evening. Private dining and meeting space are both availableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (42)great for outdoor dining (36)special occasion (30)romantic (27)fit for foodies (21)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (18)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (7)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Very pleasant experienceguestDined on 2/6/2014We brought out-of-town guests and had a very enjoyable early dinner before going on to the theatre. The menu was interesting and varied as was the wine list. Everything we ordered was delicious and attractively plated, and the service was prompt.. We were very pleased with our choice of restaurants and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All but flavorQelizDined on 2/6/2014The menu look terrific on paper and on the plate, but lacks flavor (truffle fries are an exception). The salads are small and the flatbread more of a pizza. Ice cream flavors are great, but wait staff needs to get it from the kitchen to the table before it becomes a puddle. Nice wine selection. Friendly attentive wait staff. Will give Cobalt a second chance.Special Features:
- Lunch with old friendsKathyDined on 1/30/2014Love this place - great view, food, ambience - even the valet parking was complimentarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyTastydishesDined on 1/26/2014Pleasant ambiance, great food, waiter needed more training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually give this place 5PattiInFloridaDined on 1/26/2014Usually give this place 5 stars, but the cook was a bit off today. Both of my husband & mine's meals were a bit over cooked, dry. With a group of people and did not want to complain. Never had this problem before, not sure if they changed cooks. Always busy, so should not have been an issue. Great wait staff!Special Features:
- Always a great experienceJimYorkDined on 1/24/2014The food there is always wonderful. We chose our entrees as much by the sides as the main food. Excellent wine choices and service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are you kidding me. You sentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/22/2014Are you kidding me. You sent me a note yesterday that the restaurant advised I was a no show and I sent you back a note that I had indeed been on time on date of reservation. And now you send me this, like nothing was amiss. Get your act together and don't bother me again!
- food was excellent, ambiencenebrDined on 1/15/2014food was excellent, ambience was very nice, ocean view, waiter seemed to forget about us at times, prices highSpecial Features:
- Birthday Celebration for TwoAmeliaDined on 1/12/2014Cobalt is my choice for a special dinner celebration. The food is always delicious, beautifully presented and the portions are just right. I had the grouper served on a bed of quinoa - wonderful. However, the salad greens were limp. My husband had the scallops which he really enjoyed. Even though the restaurant was not crowded, the service at the beginning was slow. Our drinks were brought after the salads. I would prefer to sip and talk before the food was served. So timing could be improved. The warm bread was delicious. Cobalt is right on the ocean. If the night was warmer, it would be great to eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I appreciated that even thoughBoomerDined on 1/10/2014I appreciated that even though there were no specific vegan menu items, our server checked with the chef and came back to the table to let me know all of the vegetables, sides, grains, that I could choose that the kitchen would then plate for me. It made for a very pleasant experience, as there are many times I end up with a salad rather than a hot entrée. Service was helpful and spot on without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular locationGammaDogDined on 1/6/2014My wife and I had a great beachside lunch on a perfect Florida January day (sunny, 73 degrees, light breeze). Sit outside if weather permits, the food was simple and well prepared. We will return whenever we want to enjoy a meal within earshot of the surf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an awful experienceEagleriverVIPDined on 1/2/2014Beyond terrible service, kitchen was so disorganized that it took two hours to get our meal. When we got it, disappointing. So different from my 12/30/12 experience, you would have to believe that they had no staff in for the night. Jenny, a server, was the only saving grace.
- solid restaurantRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 1/1/2014solifd food, solid service, beautiful decor and outdoor beachfront firepit. will returnSpecial Features:
- bad judgementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We were seated early evening and door to outside patio directly in front of table. Because the restaurant is facing the beach it is very windy and every time someone went in or out big wind hit table. We had to make several requests to me relocated and this early there were lots of empty tables. Bad judgement and experience for an expensive price fixed meal. Food was good but not exciting. We have spent the last couple years at Cobalt but not next year.Special Features:
- First time,excellent experienceDtmcconkeyDined on 12/30/2013We tried Cobalt for the first time for our anniversary and then went back the very next night for New Year's Eve. It was just as fantastic the second night. The food was delicious. They are very aware of food allergies, which helps since I have a gluten allergy. The desserts were out of this world. All made right at the restaurant with a gluten free choice! I usually sit with my coffee while everyone else enjoys dessert but I actually had my own gluten free dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinnerEagleriverVIPDined on 12/30/2013House salad had an excellent, light dressing. The black grouper was moist with a very pleasant, light lemon butter sauce. The short ribs very outstanding, but needed color with carrots or spinach on the plate. The desserts looked exciting and tasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas EveStevieDined on 12/24/2013We enjoyed a delicious pre-Christmas dinner. I have always believed that a true test of a chef's skill is the way in which pan-seared scallops are cooked and presented. Needless to say I was most impressed. My scallops were cooked to perfection and plated with bamboo scented risotto, roasted cauliflower, pappadew and herb oil. The rest of my family thoroughly enjoyed their dinner selections....... butter basted lobster, truffle fries with garlic aioli and grilled bistro steak. I highly recommend the Cobalt restaurant for all of the reasons I have checked off above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the #1 restaurant in VeroRamaDined on 12/22/2013What a lovely, romantic spot: splashing waves, stars in the sky, 77 degrees at 7:30pm on Dec. 22--this is why people live in, visit and retire to Vero. If dining indoors, ask for a table not a banquette. If weather permits dine on the terrace overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, a memorable experience. Our salads and fish dishes were perfectly prepared, and a shared creme brulee dessert with bits of chocolate on top was so good we were tempted to order another. Our server was very cordial and attentive, but overall service was a bit slow and the person who delivered our wine promised but failed to bring an ice bucket for it. Cobalt is expensive but well worth the price; the food is excellent and the service is good though a bit variable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, bitMikeoDined on 12/21/2013Great food and service, bit pricey but exceptionally prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013We went to Colbalt to celebrate our anniversary.EVERYTHING was perfect! Food was excellent and our waiter(Ethan) was very attentive without being annoying!he had great knowledge of the menu and made spot on recommendations . The outside dining was perfect(the full moon did help)This will become our special occasion go to placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013Went on a Friday night for business dinner, ambience was great, sat outside, server was knowledgeable and helpful with menu. Though I must admit was disappointed with the "domestic" wine list, hence I prefer international wines (i.e. Spain, Argentina) but the wine we were satisfy with the wine we had. Food met our expectations as did dessert. Overall a great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean front dining without the sandOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2013Best beach front dining in Vero Beach. Attentive service, varied menu ( even for Gluten free) and great setting make a popular choice for a classy lunch. Parking near the hotel can be a challenge but there is valet parking offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exploring CobaltOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2013Service very friendly and professional. Creative menu containing items not seen before that were delicious (Pumpkin soup). Red Snapper a bit dry. Outstanding deserts--Compliments to the pastry chef. Comfortable and relaxed setting made the experience first class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013The service was excellent and for the most part so was the food. My wife had the beet salad while it had a good flavor profile it could have used more of a variety of beets to balance out the vinaigrette and over abundance of endive. My wife and I both had the Scallops and we both agreed that the risotto could have used more cook time as it was still some what crunchy.Special Features:
- The Very Best in Vero Beach!MikeDined on 11/18/2013We always enjoy the food at the Cobalt Restaurant. It is the best quality and the staff are extremely friendly. It is fun sitting near the fire pit and very romantic! The food is outstanding from the appetizers, main entree, to dessert. We can't say enough about the menu and quality of the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Wonderful Experience!MikeDined on 11/17/2013The quality of the food is amazing. There is a wonderful view if you are dinning inside or outside. The red snapper was grilled to perfection. They change their menu with the season. All of the desserts are made in house. What a great and romantic experience. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Oceanside dining withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2013Great Oceanside dining with a varied menu and attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef knows his stuff!LisaVero1Dined on 11/16/2013Although the menu was full of great selections, I was in the mood for lighter fare so I asked for a vegetarian dish and Chef served his vegetable pick of the day and it was great! Beautiful presentation and delicious. He also visited our table to make sure the dish, which was not on the menu was satisfactory. We decided to splurge and get dessert. The toffee bread pudding was sinfully delicious and I'm glad I indulged! Bread basket, always an indicator, was memorably good. Food service provided a sampling of wine to decide which glass to get. Very friendly, efficient and pleasing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cobalt is simply outstandingELizharringtonDined on 11/13/2013With the pounding surf of the south Atlantic ocean as the ambient music, how could this restaurant be anything other than spectacular? Gorgeous location at the Vero Beach Resort and Spa with sand dunes outside, a romantic fire pit and the ocean-oh the ocean! With that theme in mind, I had the grouper which was gently seasoned over black rice and artichoke hearts. The pumpkin soup as the appetizer which fit the autumn theme of the month, was simply the best I've ever tasted. My husband was wowed by his beet salad and seafood over pasta as the entree. The desserts were spectacular. The carrot pineapple butter icing cake was beautiful to look at and even better to eat! The fudge pudding with brandied sauce was lighter and also delicious.Special Features:
- Soothing and RelaxingMax76Dined on 11/13/2013A delightful lunch meeting place for old friends. My lunch guest and I were so comfortable and relaxed that we spend 3 ½ hours chatting, eating and enjoying the view of the ocean. The food was outstanding as usual.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Vero!FoodiemeVIPDined on 11/12/2013If you have never eaten here you have been missing out on a great dining experience. The chef presents innovative dishes with seasonal vegetables. The snapper and scallop dishes are exceptional but you can t go wrong with any of his entrees. The service with Richard is professional but also personable. My husband and I always look forward to dining hereSpecial Features:
- Music overpowers the eveningJayeDined on 11/1/2013Upon entering the music from the bar was outrageously loud. Therefore asked for the table furthest away. Service was superb. food was attractively garnished and served. Noise level decreased somewhat while we were eating however velocity increased again as it was time for coffee and dessert. Chose to take our coffee outside to finish our dinner. I realize profits are made on the bar, but it would be more pleasant dining if glass pocket doors could be installed as they did for the banquet room. Quiet piano music is most appreciated when dining in a facility such as that. Let the younger set enjoy their loud music and afford your more mature clients relaxing fine dining.Special Features:
- PerfectTommyDined on 10/31/2013Everything about our time at Cobalt was perfect. The food, the service, the ambiance. Will be going back ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vero Beach tripckvp1Dined on 10/24/2013We stayed at the Vero Beach hotel and spa and not wanting to leave for dinner, we decided to try Cobalt on site. It was a slow evening, so the attention of the waiter and manager was impeccable. Appetizers were wonderful, entrees were excellent and dessert hit the spot. Very cool drink I had never had before that was recommended by the waiter. Can't remember the name, but it had bits of fruit, vodka and a few other ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean Front ViewSandflyVIPDined on 10/24/2013Cobalt has just about everything one could ask for. The restaurant has a large bar room and a gorgeous outside patio overlooking the Atlantic Ocean with fire pits and seating arrangements. The atmosphere is lovely, muted with lots of space between tables. Cobalt has an excellent chef and Florida is blessed with incredible seafood so we both enjoyed fish entrees. That was truly outstanding. However, we would have enjoyed the evening more had our server been more attentive.Special Features:
- This is a beautiful restaurantSavvyeaterDined on 10/23/2013This is a beautiful restaurant , they have thought of everything. We enjoyed everything we ordered and would love to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE had lunch and dinner at CobaltpaulaDined on 10/15/2013Lunch and dinner were both really good. Very nice service people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at CobaltFoodiemeVIPDined on 10/15/2013There is a new fall menu that is great - even the sauces for the oysters on the half shell have gone an interesting notch up - I had the pan roasted black grouper - could melt in your mouth - tried the duck confit ravioli - innovative - service with Richard is special - he knows the menu, is attentive and very professional. Dinner at Cobalt is always special./Special Features:
- BirthdayCelebration a success.ConnieDined on 10/5/2013Our server was attentive, delightful and friendly. The Birthday Girl loved her English accent. You will enjoy COBALT Restaurant..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunchset1130Dined on 9/29/2013Great atmosphere - wonderful food selection. Austin was a very attentive server! Will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.