Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
3500 Ocean Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32963Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cobaltrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7724691060
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00 am;
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Bar Sunday-Thursday: until 11:00pm
Friday-Saturday: until midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mike VanBuskirk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our Private Dining page for special details regarding catering, private events, and special occasions.
- Entertainment: Join us for Mr. Motown, Curtis Hill every Friday beginning at 7:30pm.
- Special Events: Don't forget about our daily happy hour served everyday from 4:30pm-6:00pm in the Cobalt Lounge. $3 and $4 appetizers and $5 drinks!
A word from Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
American Seafood Grill, the Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge is adjacent to the Vero Beach Hotel and Spa. Located on the 1st floor with a beach front patio and fire pit. Heaton’s Reef is the charming ocean side pool bar and gazebo. Enjoy the sun and the sound of the waves on our patio with one of our signature cocktails or warm up by the fire on a cool evening. Private dining and meeting space are both availableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (42)great for outdoor dining (36)special occasion (30)romantic (27)fit for foodies (21)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (13)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Great View, Great FoodJoeGDined on 3/21/2014Fabulous restaurant. We enjoyed the food and we had great service!Special Features:
- Ocean dining at its best!321EatDined on 3/20/2014Cobalt is a great place for lunch. Outside dining right on the ocean so the view is spectacular. Can't beat it. Food is very good also. I always have the Lobster Roll and fresh cucumber-avocado salad. Num. Our group of eight met there for lunch last week and all enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a perfect evening ---FoodiemeVIPDined on 3/18/2014It was a perfect evening --- the Virginia oysters on the half shell were so so good - my husband had a special - pan roasted salmon w an avocado creme base and roasted corn salsa was superb - my scallops with risotto and roasted cauliflower etc was also perfection - our server Tom did a great job - Richard, who normally has helped us was there and went out of his way to make our night special.!!! Locals should eat here - WHAT A TREAT.!!Special Features:
- Location location location !Chris5Dined on 3/17/2014Wonderful outdoor seating Great ocean view Good wine selection Excellent short but very good lunch time food selection We would return for sure CSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been in Vero 3 yrs. CobaltOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014I've been in Vero 3 yrs. Cobalt is my favorite!!!! love the food, service and the patio!!!! As for my brunch experience, I had to wait at least 30 minutes, even though I had reservations. didn't like that as my sister was visiting and I needed to have her at the airport, but we made it in time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place. One of theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/16/2014Love this place. One of the few later night options in Vero.Special Features:
- a special birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014a special birthday dinner on the patio, full moon and fabulous food (the sweetbreads as good as any I've had elsewhere). The portions are nice sized - not huge which turnes me off! Some might say too small.) Fire pits, ocean surf and breeze, full moon - what more can you ask for? The staff discerned it was my birthday and comped us our dessert. Nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualragweedDined on 3/15/2014Wonderful food, great views, great service. Every year we come to Vero, the Restuarant is constantly excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice venue and serviceHungryJoeDined on 3/14/2014Pleasant room with outdoor seating as well. Service was top-notch. Food is of very high quality -- though perhaps a bit aggressively flavored for some taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean View and Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2014Had a nice dinner with group of six women after a long day. Had drinks on patio right on beach with beautiful view of Atlantic Ocean. Dinner inside was very good. Would recommend for Vero Beach Dining.Special Features:
- Food & Decor impressed our groupFrankDined on 3/12/2014Ambiance and food were great. Management was considerate. We were a group of 7 friends and had much to talk about. But it took over a hour to take our order and over 2 hours to get our food. Management apologized and gave us free, impressive desserts and coffee. We should have made our lunch reservation for noon. Two large groups were seated before us and completely tied up the service and kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!!MaureenDined on 3/9/2014It is the best restaurant we've been to on the treasure coast! Everything about it was "top notch".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014The food wasn't as good as I'd hoped it would be and was very expensive. Service was good and the drinks were great. The dessert menu was lacking. Coffee was excellent.Special Features:
- dinner at CoboltsandysDined on 3/7/2014Our reservations were honored right on time, the food was very good as was the service. The room is very romantic and is on the beachside of the hotel. It was Friday night and they had a husband and wife team singing in the lounge. They played all types of music and there was dancing and a good time had by the people in the lounge. We went into the lounge straight from dinner and enjoyed the rest of our evening until the singers finished and it was time to go. We have been to the Cobalt room at the Vero Beach Hotel before and will certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought the food, lobsterMPSoVIPDined on 3/6/2014I thought the food, lobster roll was excellent. Truffle fries, outstanding. Wonderful table with a few of the ocean. Sitting under a vent I was cold throughout lunch. Never offered a refill on my ice tea...just as well because I was so cold!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShelleyKirkbr53VIPDined on 3/4/2014I am NOT a foodie, nor do I notice or practically care about distinct flavors, however Cobalt served some of the best and creative dishes I have eaten. the beet the salad was unusually excellent, the lobster main course is outstanding and the toffee bread pudding was to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Night OutNorthStar82Dined on 3/3/2014We had enjoyed Cobalt happy hours several times due to bar snacks and cocktails at great prices. We selected Cobalt because of our happy hour experience and other Kimpton Hotel visits. Ambience and service were superb and dining area with ocean views was large enough to permit us a more private table. Waiter was very attentive and checked on us frequently. The beet and cabbage salad was creative and tasty, also complementary based on our Open Table reservations. My snapper was excellent but my wife's sweet potato gnocchi was not thoroughly cooked and the bottom crust of peanut butter pie was like concrete, although taste was good. Chef did come out when he heard about the gnocchi, as they were trying, but had overlooked a few basics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous view-Helpful staffRonnaDonna1VIPDined on 3/3/2014I wanted a restaurant that would allow 5 family members who hadn't seen each other in 35 years to enjoy a leisurely lunch. I live 2 hours away and was unfamiliar with the restaurant . Open Table was most helpful AND the restaurant was sensational!I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2014This was a great place to get together with friends for lunch. We were welcomed by a friendly hostess, who escorted us to the lounge so we could grab a drink while waiting for our table. Once seated outside, we placed our order and enjoyed the gorgeous view of the ocean. Our server brought our plates, but got 2 of the orders wrong....no problem, it was fixed quickly and professionally. Our group ordered the steak sandwich, a burger, a wrap, and a fried green tomato BLT....everyone was pleased. If you are looking for a nice relaxing place to bring friends, show them the view, and have great food and service, then this is it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upscale dining.AmbergrisDined on 3/1/2014Limited parking, but Free valet service. There is a very large balcony with spectacular ocean views for outside dining. large well trained staff. The food is outstanding with excellent portions. Has a very active and fun bar. I rated the noise level as moderate because of the bar noise but it was not annoying, it sort of made you want to go to the bar after dinner. We were seated one table from the bar door. When you arrive, turn left into the glass doors to the elevator to skip the stairs in the hotel lobby. Try the Muscato wine. Book early, they fill up fast. We received an excellent free Lobster appetizer because we made reservations through Open Table. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014An outstanding experience time and time again ! Simply top quality, from service to food to ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant atmosphere. no waiting ifOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014grouper was excellent red snapper so-so 2 of u a a salad buts waiter should have warned us we would each get a tbs full-- it was minuteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DescentthecroneDined on 2/24/2014Not what it was last year in terms of service or cooking.
- Great evening, great dinnerJerseyGirlDined on 2/23/2014It was a spectacular evening to dine al fresco, especially at Cobalt. It is an absolutely beautiful setting along the beach. The food was great! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchFoodiemeVIPDined on 2/23/2014It was my husband's birthday February 23rd and I wanted to take him to Cobalt for its Sunday brunch - the brunch offers both breakfast and luncheon items. We chose to have lunch since we normally order from the breakfast section - My husband had the fried green tomato sandwich and I had the maui fish sandwich. Both were great - we shared truffled fries and cole slaw for sides. Great! Normally we do not get dessert but opted for a delicious peanut butter cheesecake slice with a great not overly sweet fudge sauce w/inhouse made banana ice cream - it was a very happy birthday brunch -Special Features:
- Not PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/23/2014We made an open table reservation ahead of time for a 60th birthday and requested a nice table with a view. Not only did they not have a table that we requested, they scrambled to stick us in another room without a view by a door.Special Features:
- A gem on the oceanJerryDined on 2/22/2014From the initial welcome to the final goodbye, this was an excellent experience. Staff was competent, helpful and friendly. I had the best sirloin burger of my life. Cooked perfectly medium rare with no bun, as ordered, the beef stands on its own, beefy and juicy, it can't get any better. It was served with onion jam and, fries as good as any we've had in France and Belgium, where they are an obsession. My wife's lobster roll was every pronounced to be "as good as you make" at our beach house in Rhode Island. She also said that the cucumber and avocado side was amazing. We are building a new home in Vero and look forward to eating our way around the Cobalt menu in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!ChrisDined on 2/21/2014Overall excellent in everyway! The food is superb and served in portions that allow you to fully enjoy all the wonderful flavors without over stuffing yourself. Can't say enough about the quality as well as the gorgeous view!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your menu is not up to date. SeveraIGABillDined on 2/20/2014Your menu is not up to date. Several items you mentioned were not available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left hungry.judylarpslDined on 2/16/2014While the food was EXCELLENT, there was not enough of it. We do not mind ordering Ala Cart, but the description of my seafood selection must have listed at least 3 or 4 other vegetables, and yet I could hardly find them when my meal was served. The serving size of the actual fish was generous and delicious. Our server was also very slow taking our order. While he may have been waiting for us to signal, it would have been nice if, instead of just walking by that he had actually stopped to see if we were ready to order. After walking by 3 times or more, we finally had to flag him to stop. We did not order desert because we were still hungry for dinner. The prices seemed high on that account. The cocktails were generous.Special Features:
- Good but not their best effortMiLBDined on 2/16/2014The food and atmosphere were great. Service was very good until we got to dessert. We were told some selections were not available (after we had ordered) and it took over 35 minutes to be served dessert. Granted, we were a party of 10 but we all felt 35 minutes was a bit too long. The delay dampened what had been a great experience to that point. We will definitely be back but might skip dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Fine Dining By Any MeansDonnaDined on 2/15/2014Restaurant was way too loud, music in bar area made it impossible to have a conversation in the restaurant. Waiter was rushed and said that he would only recommend 2 things on the menu, when asked about another entrée he reiterated that those were really the only things he felt were worth ordering. Waiter never removed my cocktail glass when he brought 2nd and we had to wait & wait for our dishes to be cleared. Food was fair, pumpkin soup was way too thick to be called soup, spinach salad was small & tasteless, we both ordered his suggestion which was the strip steak special, it was overcooked and not tasty. I have only dined at this restaurant for lunch outside before...I would not recommend for dinner at all.Special Features:
- Lounge Singer Too MuchChefKVIPDined on 2/15/2014Dined there on a busy Sat night. Food was very good. Service was polite and able, but understaffed. The adjoining bar offered an awful Motown/disco lounge singer with digital music band - way too loud as the sound overwhelmed the restaurant area - terribly distracting and diners struggled with normal conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moon light on the oceanVeromanDined on 2/15/2014My lady, my cousin and I enjoyed a wonderful dining experience complimented by a full moon casting its beams on the ocean vista we enjoyed from our table. The staff, cocktails, food, décor, view, etc. were all wonderful. The prices are higher than most places but well worth it, in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Place Good FoodVeroFanDined on 2/15/2014Great views, tales we'll spaced, efficient service, and very good food choices , preparation, and presentationSpecial Features:
- The only problem was theyValentineDined on 2/14/2014The only problem was they did not inform us of the valentine menu. I had my heart set on Salmon which was not on the menu. The set price was rather steep and included desert which I do not eat. They we're suppose to offer champagne which we never got. Food was good but I would never go on Valentin's Day unless they let you order from the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dischordant!!!FoodiemeVIPDined on 2/14/2014Except for the avocado gazpacho which was terrible, the food was prepared beautifully - however the special menu was not at all easy to comprehend - my hub and I are both post graduate degree types and we had a hard time following it - what it boiled down to was 2 love birds got to share 2 apps 1 main course and 2 desserts - for $120.00 w/complimentary glass champagne - not good - hope this not happen again not a good ideaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caring cookSwdillingerVIPDined on 2/13/2014Two of us at the table ordered cheeseburgers cooked medium. They both came well and took a while to get to us. We eat here a lot and the food always comes in a timely fashion and is always very good. Our server came by and asked how everything was and I said good except that the burgers were overdone. She spoke with the kitchen and came back to offer us both a new burger. We were both nearly half way through and asked if we could split one. We left the second half of our well done burgers and waited for the next burger which didn't take long and came out perfect. Sometimes things go wrong even in a good restaurant but the key is how do they resolve the issue. They did a great job and we will be back there within a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Ocean side dining experienceMackiiDined on 2/9/2014Cobalt consistently offers a delicious and fresh menu and is on the top of our list in. Vero. Beach. It has a modern elegance and comfortable ambiance. And you can't beat the views of the ocean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!ThereidsDined on 2/6/2014An upscale evening with fabulous food and a special atmosphere outside! We sat outside on a large patio listening to the ocean. They had outdoor heaters and a beautiful fire pit area. There are few good restaurants on the beach in Vero , so this is worth the expense for a special evening! Our party of 4 loved everything we had, but some standouts were a lobster appetizer, the fish with quinoa, truffle fries,and the peanut butter cheesecake... And great bread!!Special Features: