Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
3500 Ocean Drive
Vero Beach, FL 32963Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cobaltrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7724691060
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00 am;
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Bar Sunday-Thursday: until 11:00pm
Friday-Saturday: until midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mike VanBuskirk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our Private Dining page for special details regarding catering, private events, and special occasions.
- Entertainment: Join us for Mr. Motown, Curtis Hill every Friday beginning at 7:30pm.
- Special Events: Don't forget about our daily happy hour served everyday from 4:30pm-6:00pm in the Cobalt Lounge. $3 and $4 appetizers and $5 drinks!
A word from Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa
American Seafood Grill, the Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge is adjacent to the Vero Beach Hotel and Spa. Located on the 1st floor with a beach front patio and fire pit. Heaton’s Reef is the charming ocean side pool bar and gazebo. Enjoy the sun and the sound of the waves on our patio with one of our signature cocktails or warm up by the fire on a cool evening. Private dining and meeting space are both availableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (46)great for outdoor dining (39)special occasion (33)romantic (29)fit for foodies (25)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (17)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Relaxing brunch experienceAndyDined on 9/27/2014Service, ambiance and food were exceptional. My wife and daughter enjoyed the spa next door first then to cobalt for brunch - a great combination. Dined outside with great view of the beach and the ocean waves provided a perfectly relaxing atmosphere. The Florida shrimp Benedict was tasty as was the recommended ahi tuna flatbread. A great find in vero beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cobalt never fails to deliverluv2dineVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food is exceptional. The attention to detail fabulous. We had a piping hot, crisp flatbread. It was shrimp, panko and garlic-superb! Next we shared the fried green tomato BLT-excellent-with homemade pimento cheese on it-not to be missed! Finished it off with an espresso crème brulee-need I say more?Special Features:
- Creative interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014We have been there several times and find the food wonderful. Very creative combinations of foods and spices. The warm balmy breeze right on the ocean is a treat. The service is consistently awful...if they would improve the wait staff it would be the best place to eat in Vero Beach! If the food wasn't excellent and the ambiance wonderful we would never go back.Special Features:
- Oceanfront diningEmmaDined on 9/8/2014Dinner on the oceanfront patio could not have been nicer. Even in the heat of summer, the ocean breezes kept the temperature cool and pleasant. Service is outstanding. Food is incredible. Try the short ribs.Special Features:
- always reliably goodlatinprofVIPDined on 8/31/2014good food and friendly competent service always. mngr is responsive to customers and stops by table to enquire that all is well. wonderful ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking views w/ divine dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our Anniversary with Cobalt. They started our meal off with a complimenatary toast of champagne and shrimp amuse' in celebration, which was very thoughtful. As we consider ourselves "foodies", we commonly dont look at the menu and ask our server to select our meals for us. We are not picky eaters and really enjoy doing this to avoid ordering the same thing everytime we go out. This normally presents us with the chefs best dishes as well. We haven't been disapointed yet, and Tom our server was right on par. Tom started us with the beat salad and tuna as hors d'oeuvres; both fantastic. Scallops and braised short ribs entres were mouth watering. Service was wonderful and the view just made the night perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014The Cobalt Restaurant at the Vero Beach Resort and Spa is a wonderful place for good food, a great view, great service and a wonderful view. Dining out side, weather permitting is wonderful. Hard to beat dining next to the ocean waves rolling in. We have dined there many times and have always enjoyed it. The Ahi Tuna is a favorite and the lobster bisque is delicious. We highly recommend this restaurant! Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Awesome PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014This place is Amazing. Its beautiful, classy and has the best happy hr in town! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Just okDinner4twoDined on 8/14/2014Food was a mixed bag. Apps were pretty good, beet salad good; but main courses just ok. I got Osso Buco and it was a good piece of meat, but the Mustard Jus was a bit overpowering and after awhile just dominated the dish. My wife got a ribeye and she couldn't eat it - too fatty. The most disappointing part was how they handled the fact my wife ordered a $40 steak, we politely said she didn't care for it, she left 3/4 of it on the plate, and yet it still appeared on the final bill. No offer of "what can we do? Would you like something else?" I don't normally ask for anything to be taken off the bill, but in this case, based on how they handled this, we did. Perhaps other items are better prepared, but we won't be back to find out.Special Features:
- So-so food, terrible serviceRobinDeluDined on 8/6/2014We had to ask our waitress 3 times to bring us water & then the same for ice. Also, when desert came (awful), the waitress had not cleaned off the table from what was left of our meal including some food fallen off from a plate on the table & just plopped it down amongst the mess. I had to ask her to do so and she picked up a few glasses and left the rest of the mess. One of the worst waitresses ever! Also, although the view of the ocean and sunset was spectacular, the view from our table in front of us was a pile of lounge chairs thrown on top of each other. Ratatouille is normally cooked eggplant with squash. Their's was NOTHING like it. Barely a tiny bit of uncooked eggplant and a bunch of chopped up, uncooked little vegetables.Special Features:
- Nice but expensiveshakyacresDined on 8/5/2014Well worth the cost. However, was not given the happy hour discount on drinks. Did not want to argue with the server but should have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, beautiful setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014Cobalt was an unexpected pleasure. The food was excellent and after having a wonderful dinner went back for lunch before leaving Vero Beach. The food is well prepared, but not overdone. If you choose to sit outside at night, the lighting is a bit tricky. Although there were lamps available, they were either too bright or too dim. However, you cannot complain being right on the ocean.Special Features:
- rosedDined on 7/22/2014Lovely spot. We love it for the ocean view. The food was really good too with an assortment of options. Great happy hour also.Special Features:
- One of Vero's bestChosterDined on 7/12/2014If you want to go somewhere with great food, range of prices and venue (bar lounge, outdoor grill and formal dining) and gorgeous water views, this is the spot. Open late and off hours as well. An elegant beautiful place. Hotel is the best in town as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Good food. Very accommodating and attentive staff. Nice room and nice view of the ocean. Will definitely recommend.Special Features:
- good foodPattiInFloridaDined on 7/5/2014always a good meal at the Cobalt. Enjoyed the view of the ocean and the good company of our friends, with good food! Love Open Table for making the ease of reservations so simple.Special Features:
- careless and unprofessionaldiscerningVIPDined on 7/3/2014truly disappointing evening - two tries to get a glass of ice, salmon ordered extremely rare came to table well done, amuse bouche too large for plate and difficult to eat without spilling on table, no butter knife, inexcusably bad bread food was tasteless - the customers seemed more at home at a ramada inn - would never return or recommend
- Very disappointedMandMDined on 7/3/2014The oysters were bad, the apple cider mignonette was poorly paired, the frozen cocktail sauce was more like a sweet tomato sorbet...even if the oysters were good the flavors didn't work. My husband had the tuna crudo which was bland and served with grassy raw green beans. This restaurant is advertised as a local farm ingredient menu and many of the dishes contained out of season heavy ingredients for a Florida summer season. We sat with empty wine glasses, had to get up to finally ask for another glass of wine and I asked for more sauce for my fish and again had to ask twice! On a positive note, the smoked barley was really interesting and flavorful. The Bourbon Cocktail was great!Special Features:
- Feeling specialRokironDined on 7/3/2014It's great reserving through Open Table. The chef brought out a special appetizer for us. We didn't even order it. The food was nice. We ordered the snapper with the scallop prep. We were glad they accomodated this special request. The service was great. We will go back when we are back in town.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014beautiful view;delicious food and wine,excellant service-very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DTETDined on 6/16/2014My wife and I stayed at the Kimpton Hotel for our 14th anniversary. It was a short stay, so we decided to eat all our meals at both restaurants. It turned out to be a perfect decision. The food, ambiance, and service was excellant. I would highly recommend both resataurants. In addition, the hotel was fantastic. We are definately going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/12/2014Although we were disappointed that a raging thunderstorm kept us from eating outside, we were seated by a window overlooking the ocean so the view did not disappoint. This dinner was to celebrate our anniversary and both food and wine were outstanding. The lobster bisque could have been warmer but not a big deal. The red snapper recommended by our server was fabulous as was the beet salad. Desserts met expectations. Overall an outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Oceanside DiningFortheloveoffoodandlifeDined on 6/6/2014There are very few places along this particular area of the coast that offers a beautiful and elegant oceanside dining experience like this. This was a special occasion for us so we chose to dine off the restaurant menu, which is considerably more expensive. We would definitely return, but would order off the lounge or bar menu, as we felt that it was too expensive for the tiny amount of food that is served. We eat mainly organic food, so we are very familiar with the higher costs of this quality of food and will gladly pay extra for quality, yet we still strongly feel that the portion sizes are extremely small, which is the only thing that left a bad taste in our mouths. Overall, it was a lovely place and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 325 reviews are from the Cobalt Restaurant and Lounge - Vero Beach Hotel and Spa reviews archive.
- Wonderful Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014Delicious food, comfortable setting and spot on customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale place!Gusto1234Dined on 5/25/2014Vero beach hotel and resort is the most upscale place in Vero Beach and the views and athmosphere makes this restaurant very appealing. Food was good in general but I was expecting more from my filet mignon. The views of the ocean makes the experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant eveningAnonymousDined on 5/14/2014Beautiful view, elegant decor, comfortable atmosphere. Glazed salmon on barley with leeks and peaches was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Ocean ViewFoxyfiddlerDined on 5/11/2014If at all possible, eat outside on the patio. We ate there with friends for our anniversary. I had a really yummy and pretty Cosmopolitan. My hubby and I shared a very large lobster bisque ($11 a bit pricey.) It was average. I did not find any lobster bits in it. The snapper was fresh tasting but the edges were dry. Our waitress was very knowledgeable, but I think she had too many tables. I never got my tea, but no biggie. She got free desserts for our whole table to celebrate our anniversary. Decadent delicious chocolate cake with ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Place in the SunLadyLuck32976Dined on 5/4/2014Took my friend to brunch at the Cobalt. It was nice to have valet parking the attendants were great.We had requested a window table it was a beautiful view very calming. We decided on the brunch and were delighted we did. There were excellent choices on the buffet from ricotta pancakes to grilled swordfish. They also had Mimosas and Bloody Mary bar where you could have endless of either for one set price. There was a beautiful outside patio that looked very inviting next time maybe. Then we topped off our brunch with flaming bananas foster the only thing that was missing with this was to be served over ice cream.Special Features:
- Dependably great!daisyDined on 5/4/2014Have been to Cobalt for brunch, lunch, dinner, happy hour and a company holiday dinner. The food and service are always excellent, and if the weather is nice enough to sit outside and enjoy the ocean, it's hard to beat. One of my favorite places in Vero Beach.Special Features:
- Great Food & Beautiful View OMGCranebrothersVIPDined on 4/29/2014We went on a whim and it was a gem of a discovery. The views of the ocean from the dining area are beautiful; the outdoor area is romantic with the fire pits & ocean at your feet. The food is fit for foodies, the menu changes constantly, the wine list limited but enough of a selection to find something for anyone taste & price point. The staff very friendly and attentive. Wine both times we went, yes it was that good, had problems with their cellar for temperature control. The Hawaiian fish we had was amazing, and they fly in fish from all over the world daily as well as their other items on the menu. Desert the one visit we shared was beautiful presentation and very good. If in Vero Beach make sure to go and enjoy the food and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh my...luvstoeatDined on 4/25/2014Wow - what amazing food. Great service, great setting, did I mention the food? Really, really, good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014And If Mr. Motown is playing a must to stay in lounge afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownhillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014The view is still lovely. Otherwise Cobalt is less than it once was. Our tables were dirty, the menus were incorrect, and our server was not very knowledgeable (with an attitude bordering on belligerent, at times). Some of us ate well and others poorly (despite the server's strong, even hectoring endorsement). It's too bad, but Cobalt is no longer all that good.Special Features:
- Fantastic as usualDtmcconkeyDined on 4/22/2014My husband and I have eaten here several times but we brought my mother in law here for her birthday. She was very impressed and loved her meal. The server even brought out a scoop of ice cream with a candle as a surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceGVFGDined on 4/20/2014We went there on April 18th for dinner. The experience was excellent all around: the food was delicious and creatively plated, the service and sommelier were knowledgeable and attentive without being overboard, and the setting was nice. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who wants to enjoy first rate dining in a relaxed, beachfront atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/19/2014We went Saturday of Easter weekend. They were out of their steak recipe on menu. They were out of their special of both seafood and beef. It was 7:30 reservation. We ordered a wine from the wine list and they were our of that as well. My scallops were average. :-(((. Very disappointed.
- Perfect after church latereviewDined on 4/13/2014Perfect after church late breakfast/early lunch spot. Not too crowded and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funCarolDined on 4/10/2014I had my sisters here from NY and wanted to go someplace nice. We were offered inside or outside seating. Waiter (Richard) was very accommodating, explained food selections, helpful with drink list, desserts were home made and very nice. Afterwards met friends out at the fire pit and got to talk to new people that we didn't know. We always have a good meal/service/view here.Special Features:
- Impromptu Family ReunionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2014Wonderful afternoon spent dining, chatting and admiring the view. The Cobalt Restaurant is a gem. The food choices are varied enough to please any pallet and the portions are generous enough to satisfy the hungriest of appetites. Our table had the mussels, turkey wrap, beet salad, sweet potato fries, fried shrimp tacos and cucumber avocado salad. Not a complaint to be had. Our server Will was outstanding. The atmosphere was inviting and relaxed. Not our first time and certainly not our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014It was our first time here, excellent all the wsy around and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.