830 Cortland Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piqueos.com/
- Phone: 4152828812
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Carlos Altamirano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for further details or email at email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for further details
- Private Party Contact: Carlos 415-282-8812
A word from Piqueos
Fusion Peruvian Cuisine. Artful ambiance. These are the ingredients that create this dynamic San Francisco restaurant, Piqueos. In our cuisine you will find an unmistakable touch of Peru. In every dish the distinct flavors of regional spices come through.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerTapas / Small Plates
Piqueos - Best Restaurants in Bernal Heights ›
Piqueos reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (47)romantic (19)special occasion (17)good for groups (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good as alwaysLukasDined on 2/3/2014Piqueo's serves excellent food. I just love the tuna tartar and the lomo saltado. This time the lomo saltado was a bit cold (or at least the fries on top) which made it a little bit less great as previous times. But still good. Service was ok but not great. We ordered a glass of white wine with the starter and the Ribera del Duero (which is excellent by the way) with the entree. Obviously we were expecting the Ribera del Duero to be opened and ready for the entree it wasn't however and we had to remind the waiter. So the bottle was opened just before serving which is not ideal for this wine. But all in all it was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delightful ExperiencefirsttimerDined on 2/1/2014First time meeting a friend at this restaurant. Cute place in Bernal Heights. Service was great. Fun food to share and it tasted great too. Small but good priced wine list. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is outstanding, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/13/2014Food is outstanding, service very good, but bring a flashlight to read the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastey!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2014Went there for dinner with our real estate agent to celebrate our new home. The staff was amazing and very attentive. We ordered a lot of food and everything was that arrived was yummie. Glad we choose this place to go.Special Features:
- Great Nuevo-Peruvian FoodGoLoVIPDined on 12/22/2013My boyfriend and I had a perfect date. The sangria was delicious with the added touch of sparkling wine. We split some appetizers including the wontons and one of the salads. Afterwards, we had the Lomo Saltado as the main dish, which we highly recommend for those who like red meat. The service was attentive and not overbearing, which is how I like it. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodRitaDined on 12/17/2013We are so glad to have this restaurant in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2013We had a great time at Piqueos. It is one of our favorite restaurants in the city. After moving to the Peninsula a few years back, we haven't had a chance to go in a while, so we were curious to see how it had changed. The Chinese-inspired Ceviche was amazing and I would highly recommend it (get 3!!). The humita dulce and the carne empanadas were also very good. We would not order the short ribs again - the flavors were too dull after having the fun combinations on the other dishes. The wine was also excellent. The tables were a bit too close together for my taste, but that is par for course in the city and most SF-natives wouldn't even notice a problem. Definitely check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistantMarkHSFDined on 11/21/2013I've been a few times now and each time it's been a swell experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ceviche and crab cakesrichgrabberVIPDined on 11/21/2013Mixed ceviche and crab cakes were super. Crab cakes, usually so mundane, were filled with chunks of fresh dengeness, no discernable filler and oh so tastySpecial Features:
- Good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/1/2013Piqios is a great spot for a dinner date with someone special or not. It's cozy but you won't mind because the food is so good. Sangria was excellent. The ceviche mixto, is GOOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go if there is an open tableAbsentmindedProfessorVIPDined on 10/20/2013Very tasty food, though it relies a bit much on sauces and dips. Nevertheless, your taste buds will thank you.Special Features:
- The service is good and mostSfgustoDined on 10/11/2013The service is good and most of the food is good. The platano chips were a bit burnt and the tuna tartare had too much guacamole. Sometime the wait is a bit long in between getting plates to the table. Never offered a second cup of coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!GigiDined on 10/11/2013We will return!! We had tapas and they were amazing!Special Features:
- What a find!GillyDined on 10/9/2013Piqueos was recommended by the AirBnB owners where we stayed and so we thought we'd give it a try. You don't get much Peruvian food in New Zealand! The staff were lovely and the food was delicious. We tried some of the tapas and the entrees and everyone said their food was wonderful. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Peruvian find in BernalBernalskiDined on 9/30/2013I enjoyed an excellent meal here this week with my girlfriend and three friends for a surprise birthday party. I found the food to be excellent-very flavourful Peruvian classics e.g. lomo saltado, ceviche and some equally good local dishes, such as spicy ahi tuna which was seared to perfection, and was generously sized. I also enjoyed a wonderful corn cake as a starter, which used large Peruvian corn kernels which I hadn't eaten since I visited Peru years ago. My girlfriend loved her starter of empanada as well. Prices are reasonable, but the restaurant doesn't have a full liquor license so I couldn't have my favourite cocktail-a pisco sour-to accompany the feast. However, there are plenty of wines and beers to complement the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding presentation & yummyfrancezinthecityDined on 8/23/2013I have not had a bad or "so,so" meal at this little gem. The wait staff are always quite sweet and available if needed. Each dish is a piece of artwork, each with its own unique flavors. It's wise to make a reservation, as it tends to get crowded about an hour after opening. I've brought numerous friends here and it's been a hit time and time again. I'm not a scallop person, rarely eat seafood and never eat meat or poultry, but I think that my new favorite dish is the scallops. The crab cakes are heavenly, full of chunks of crab with a crisp exterior. I tend to stick to the tapas, because I find them to be the most creative and tasty...It's a bit out of the way, top of Cortland, but so worth the trek. My newest Favorite for Peruvian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably good foodNighOutVIPDined on 8/21/2013we LOVE Piqueos. We love it so much that we travel from Haight area for dinner here. Food is always great, service attentive and wine list is always as a discovery route to really good stuff from Spain. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our third time here. AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2013Our third time here. Always good, and there's always something cool on the menu to order. I guess it has become our favorite Peruvian place in the city. Thanks!Special Features:
- A new twist on PeruvianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2013Super delicious...nothing like the blandish Peruvian food I've had in the past. Ingredients are fresh and flavorful. And thanks to the yummy grilled bread, we literally wiped our plates clean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique neighborhood spotRyanDined on 6/29/2013I feel lucky that this is the closest restaurant to my house. And for tapas, it's fairly reasonable. Our party of 4 ordered 7 small plates and a pitcher of sangria, and I believe our bill came to about $140.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!JenstarVIPDined on 6/28/2013Piqueo's is always an amazing experience - every dish has a unique, incredible flavor with a beautiful presentation, the service is excellent and the vibe mellow with chill music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2013Everything at Piqueos was delicious, especially the ever-reliable tequenos (fried wontons) - like dessert but for dinner. and viva sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, spotty serviceAredubVIPDined on 6/20/2013Our meal started poorly when the waiter spilled a glass of wine on me. That was the lowest point, but we were also served the wrong appetizer (which appeared on our check, even though we sent it back). Finally, our vegetable side dish didn't arrive until we were nearly done with our entrees -- and we had to remind the waiter that we'd ordered it. Fortunately, the food (a duck quesadilla, squid ink paella, and garlicky spinach) was tasty, and they comp'd our first round of drinks. I'd go back, but not eagerly and I won't make a habit of it.
- The food at Piqueos is notKathyDined on 6/11/2013The food at Piqueos is not to be missed. Incredible tastes...great sauces This is a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Our second time here and forOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/30/2013Our second time here and for the second time this fun little neighborhood Peruvian hang-out did not disappoint! Every single dish we ordered was perfectly cooked and perfectly seasoned. Very interesting options for when you tired of the same old stuff at all the same old places. The server was very helpful and not shy about expressing her opinions--we found them to be right on! Piqueo's will be here for a while, but get there before everyone else does!!Special Features:
- Worth the Trip to Bernal Heights!winefreekVIPDined on 5/25/2013I'm lucky to already live in the 'hood, so I'm lucky to be able to come here often. You won't get attitude here, only creative Peruvian-style small plates with helpful and attentive service. This is a great place to take a date: very low-key with dim lighting in an intimate space. Love this restaurant in cozy Bernal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantSFtravelerDined on 5/25/2013Piquenos is rapidly becoming one of my favorite restaurants in the city. I very much like the quinoa salad and the duck paella. Parking is a little difficult but worth searching for.Special Features:
- WowMrSavasanaDined on 5/18/2013Holy smokes! Awesome place. Great food. Peruvian with hints of Japanese. Sangria was really nice. The place is loud, which is cool if your with a group but can be a minor annoyance whilst in Mack Daddy mode. I will be going back soon. ~Mr. Savasana
- Great Food, but Noisy and StuffyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/15/2013Food was very good, but the place was noisy and stuffy even though we were seated next to an open window. Ventilation needs a LOT of work. We came out smelling like the food. Paella was memorable.Special Features:
- Flavors on CortlandFoodandFlavorDined on 5/15/2013Great restaurant with awesome food and service...this is the third time I have felt I was on a food journey. A must go at least once, if not more. Most definitely my neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- Great food and perfect forsolarromoVIPDined on 5/15/2013Great food and perfect for date night except that it was so loud it was hard to hear the person I was sitting across from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 5/14/2013I've been here multiple times. I have only had excellent food. The service is great. The staff friendly and knowledgeable. Everyone I've ever brought her loves it too.Special Features:
- Love this place; could eatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/14/2013Love this place; could eat there weekly. Everything just yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!zaboomDined on 5/11/20132nd time I've gone in the last two weeks..still discovering. Interesting, original, truly excellent cooking. HIghly recommended.Special Features:
- Strange Service... exceptional FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2013I have now eaten at all three of the affiliated eateries... Mohica, La Constanera .. and now Piqueos. This is by far my favorite.. based solely on the quality of food. I tried to Lomo Saltado at two (Mohica and Piqueos) and found it lacking flavor and seasoning. That being said... the Ceviche was exceptional.Special Features:
- Yum Seviche!NighOutVIPDined on 5/1/2013Freshest fish, everything that I ate was great .. service was fast and very attentive - kudos to Nicole! - love this little neighborhood gem and will come again.Special Features:
- Outstanding neighborhood restaurantRalphDined on 5/1/2013We rarely get to Bernal Heights as it is quite distant from the Richmond District, but it was well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2-dinner worthyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/30/2013it was so good, I came for 2 dinners within an hour from each other! the ceviche is awesome, and so are the empanadas. You know what - order the whole menu!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem and More...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013My girlfriend lives in Bernal Heights, but never had a chance to try this restaurant. She mentioned her son and friends tried, and raved about it. I went ahead and made a reservation for a first try for both of us. Our Saturday evening dining experience was beyond expectations with fabulous food, ambiance, and service. Scallops a must try. We will definately make Piqueos a regular destination.Special Features:
- We've been to Piqueos as aOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/27/2013We've been to Piqueos as a couple and with friends and i have been with girlfriends. The menu has evolved over time and it gets better every time. A great SF restaurant in that it is always lively but with room to enjoy. The corn cake, quinoa salad, quinoa coated prawns and the chicken thighs are my personal favorites. Did i mention the cebiche? Go to Piqueos.Special Features: