147 Huron Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriapulcinella.net/
- Phone: 617-491-6336
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giovanni Oliva
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We close the restaurant for private party of 32 people and up.
- Private Party Contact: Giovanni 617-851-0371
A word from Trattoria Pulcinella
Trattoria Pulcinella is a nice family run business; we offer a lot of specials from our native Italy, like Wild boar prosciutto cured in the house, lamb, veal and fish's imported from Mediterranean sea. BUON APPETITOContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Trattoria Pulcinella - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Trattoria Pulcinella reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (19)romantic (10)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- The food was very well preparedFood4goodVIPDined on 7/6/2012The food was very well prepared and tasty. A nice assortment of items. This is a small italian restaurant that I have been to several times over the years. It has consistently good quality food and general creativity. The wait staff is attentive and very pleasant. I would really recommend this find!Special Features:
- Reliable for a lovely mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2012Reliable for a lovely meal with teenage children and up. The food is prepared simply and well. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Authentic sounther ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/24/2012Authentic sounther Italian cuisine doesn't get much better than this. Pulcinella conjures up authetic Sicilian food without invoking the red-sauce cliche.Special Features:
- A quaint, quiet neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2012A quaint, quiet neighborhood spot with very solid, tasty Italian food. We spent three years in the West Village of Manhattan and were very spoiled by the Italian options in our neighborhood. Being back in Cambridge, we found Italian options very lacking, so this was a really nice find.Special Features:
- The vongole my wife orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2012The vongole my wife ordered was good, though a little too salty. My veal chop was outstanding! My daughter's spinach ravioli was outstanding! The service and ambience were the best.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/29/2012Great ambiance and the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!DorothyVIPDined on 5/23/2012We were here to celebrate a special occasion (daughter's college graduation) and were with a large party. The food was great but the friendly atmosphere added to the evening--it was like being at a party!!! The next table sent us a bottle of champagne and the owner sent us limoncello. The atmosphere added to the joyous celebration. I have been here on other occasins and each time have enjoyed the food and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Consistently good goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/5/2012The food at Pulcinella is always excellent. I had the chicken scaloppine which was moist and tasty. The spinach side dish was very good. We have had the lasagna in the past, which was excellent. This time, my husband had the ravioli which he said was good.Special Features:
- Rediscovered Neighborhood GemLuv2cookVIPDined on 4/28/2012My husband and I used to take our daughter to Pulcinella for dinner often as it was near her primary school, but had stopped when she graduated. We discovered it again this weekend and it was as good as we remembered! Better than many of the North End Italian restuarants. My husband had grilled artichokes and the Baby Clam linguine. I had the Carpaccio and the Lobster Raviolli. All four dishes were deliciously seasoned and perfectly cooked. The pasta is homemade. The ingredients were so fresh. It will become one of our go-to neighborhood restuarants againSpecial Features:
- i was stunned at how bad theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2012i was stunned at how bad the food was. I ordered * Cuori di Carciofi con salsa di capperi e cipolle di Tropea (Grilled artichokes served with capers, parsley, lemon and tropea red onions)$12 for an appetizer and got two CANNED artichokes cut in half and some onions for $12. I ordered the special - scallops stuffed with spinach and bread crumbs, could hardly find or taste the scallops and they were smothered in bread crumbs. The* La Classica Melenzana alla parmigiana (Layers of eggplant stuffed with mozzarella, basil, parmigiano and tomatoes) 12 - you couldn't even taste the eggplant..it was mush. And artichoke pasta with shrimp - the pasta was tasteless. For 3 people, $110 (including 3 glasses of wine.) Very disappointed.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/27/2012I found this place entirely average. It was decent but nothing over the top. Not sure if it's worth the price, and I don't especially feel the need to go back, but try it and see for yourself.
- The tuna was oversalted, asOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2012The tuna was oversalted, as were the vegetables. I was eager to try this restaurant and was not impressed. Although it has a nice neighborhoody feel, the three small children at the table next to ours cried or jumped up and down next to their seats, which was noisy and distracting. I won't return.
- Just a lovely place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2012Just a lovely place to go to have great food and a relaxed conversation.
- Pulcinella offers an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2012Pulcinella offers an excellent range of Italian dishes from hors d'oeuvres to entrees to desserts. Among their special hors d'oeuvres of the day are delicate stuffed zucchini blossoms and a sumptuous chopped eggplant dish. Classic dishes include an ample salad with balsamic vinaigrette and the fish of the day, as well as an array of pasta dishes.Special Features:
- Like you're one of the family...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2012Excellent Italian food with a friendly atmosphere. The staff really want to make your stay enjoyable. The restaurant is elegant without being stuffy. The staff knows the regulars and greeted them warmly. The restaurant felt like it was part of the community.Special Features:
- The services was first-rate,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2012The services was first-rate, and the food was outstanding. The pricing was approproate, given the quality of the food and the portions. The proprietor took special care to make sure all diners were completely satisfied.
- I had such a nice dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2012I had such a nice dinner at Trattoria Pulcinella. The service was great. The food was wonderful. This is a local place that that welcomes visitors. My friends and I loved it.Special Features:
- Every time we go, we are pleasantlyAmyGDined on 3/24/2012Every time we go, we are pleasantly greeted by Giovanni or the server and it's just a nice experience from start to finish. Their specials are always excellent.Special Features:
- The staff/owners were veryhatenicknamesDined on 3/23/2012The staff/owners were very helpful and attentive. When I asked for a glass of a sweet whitewine, they opened a bottle for me, which was delicious.It was not too busy and we were able to sit and talk as long as we wished without feeling rushed.Special Features:
- Delightful, genuinely ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2012Delightful, genuinely Italian trattoria. Be sure to try the daily specials, but don't ignore the regular menu either. We shared zucchini blossoms stuffed with mozzarella and veg., a special, and my husband had succulent lamb chops, also from the specials list, while I had amazing veal braciolettine with the pasta of my choice--which is always on the menu. The portions are good, but we weren't too full for dessert:chocolate budino and creme caramel were both outstanding. Service is warm and welcoming: you leave feeling like an old friend. Only downside of this place is no dedicated parking.Special Features:
- Really quite bad. There wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/10/2012Really quite bad. There were maybe 5 tables full in the restaurant for an 8pm reservation on saturday night. We still managed not to be even given menus for 20 minutes, until we flagged down the waiter. The food was cold when it came. This distracted from the fact that it was not very good. Our party of four got the pork, bucatini with baby octopus, lasagna, and ravioli. The actual pasta in each dish was good. The rest left much to be desired. Most of our party neglected to finish more than half their meal - but ate tons of bread instead. The coffee was cold. The only thing hot was the tea.
- Great food - the artichokeholleyDined on 3/9/2012Great food - the artichoke appetizer was outstanding, and all of our party of four loved the various pasta dishes they chose. The restaurant is comfortable, charming, and quiet enough to talk (no canned music!). I intend to return as often as possible --Special Features:
- Old North End on Huron AvetallredVIPDined on 2/28/2012If this restaurant were a person, I would label him/her "eccentric." Old fashioned decor and not much atmosphere. Interesting menu, but the dishes served were not quite what was described (which can be OK in some cases). Shouldn't "grilled artichokes" be fresh, not out of a can? The sardines were terrific, though not prepared as on the menu. Ravioli special and veal tastes and textures were spot on delicious. Nice to see rabbit on the menu-- will try again with adventure in mind. Go check it out if you don't mind surprises.
- The food was delicious, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2012The food was delicious, although my rabbit was a little dry (a very little, most people wouldn't notice) - still quite tasty, though. The service was very attentive, albeit a little disorganized: a woman cleared all our plates and flatware before we were finished with our appetizers, but she quickly brought new ones when she realized her error. I think our group was a little bigger than their norm, so that may have contributed to the confusion. This is a great date place, with a small, cosy atmosphere and delicious food.Special Features:
- I was very disappointed inDpd409Dined on 2/15/2012I was very disappointed in the lamb chop special and the salad, not very creative at all. The wine and beer list was very limited. The chairs are very uncomfortable. This was a birthday dinner was not allowed to bring in the cake from Rosie's bakery.
- The staff was completely overwhelmeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2012The staff was completely overwhelmed on Valentine's Day. We waited 30 minutes to order and another 30 minutes to get the eggplant appetizer which had obviously been prepared in advance. And this required asking the waiter where it was. And another 20 minutes for the entrees; again requiring prompting the waiter. Meanwhile others around us were being served; eating and leaving. No apology for any of the delay. They should at least have comped the wine. Unlikely that we will go back. And the gnocchi was too salty.
- Enjoyed our meal very much.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/14/2012Enjoyed our meal very much. Just one warning - do not plan on driving and parking near the restaurant. It was impossible to find a spot for our car. Very little meter parking on the main streets and everything else is resident only. Unfortunately, the parking situation would prevent us from returning. But if you are in walking distance, definitely try this place out. The food is very good.Special Features:
- Good food. Fair service. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012Good food. Fair service. My partner and I recently moved here and received a gift certificate from a friend. I made a 7:30 reservation, for which we were several minutes early. When we walked in, I saw one empty table that I thought must be ours. Another couple, with no reservation but who were friends with the owner, came in behind us and were seated right away. It was another five minutes or so before anyone came over to greet us. They said it would be just a few minutes. It was actually another forty minutes before we had a table and had the host not given us a glass of wine and an apology, we might have left. I had the stuffed veal, my partner had the polenta, and we shared the zucchini flowers as an appetizer. Yum!Special Features:
- Nice menu, good specials.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/30/2012Nice menu, good specials. portion's size was right. Service was prompt. All in all, a very nice meal.Special Features:
- We love this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/28/2012We love this restaurant. Have been coming for many years, and it doesn't disappoint. If you want an authentic, unhurried dining experience where they are genuinely happy to to see that you enjoy your meal, in a place that will make you think you're in a small trattoria in Italy, you'll like Pulcinella. Poached pear, prosciutto and gorgonzola appetizer always terrific. Our party of four all enjoyed our shared appetizers and pasta course, as well as our entrees, which were a mix of specials and items on the regular menu (which I understand is changing imminently -- so we'll have to go back soon). Squisito!Special Features:
- the bright florescent lightsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2012the bright florescent lights in the kitchen detracts from the ambiance.
- Perfect dinner on a January weekendECW66VIPDined on 1/7/2012This is a small restaurant- 20 tables max.. where everything is cooked to order and delicious. The service is very personal and warm. The owner Giovanni oversees the entire operation, from the kitchen to the dining room. We split 2 appetizers for the 4 of us- the zucchini flower stuffed with mozzarella cheese was to die for, along with a salad- very nice. The osso bucco was a good portion size and very tasty, the veal bracciola was delicious. I had a whole roasted sea bream- very fresh and delicious. For dessert the tiramasiu and the panna cotta were just right. This place is a gem- love it.Special Features:
- Cute Italian restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/6/2012Cute Italian restaurant with good authentic food. Like dining in a Italy. Limited wine selection. Delicious fresh fish and lobster ravioli.Special Features:
- Hidden gem in Cambridge withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2011Hidden gem in Cambridge with wonderful food and service (both of the owners served our table). We have been looking for a non-North End Italian restaurant for a while now and are incredibly glad we finally found one. The spaghetti and meatballs were delicious and I will return again and repeat my order. Only thing, your tab will be a bit more expensive than you may think for a quaint Italian dinner.Special Features:
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2011food was very good great find rabbit was particularly good very authentic pasta we will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Simply, in our opinion, oneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2011Simply, in our opinion, one of the finest restaurants we have found in 15 years in Boston area.Special Features:
- One of the best meals ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2011One of the best meals ever! Excellent wine... delicious pasta, fish, even the bread was delicious. Italian food with love and feeling.Special Features:
- Our food was excellent (pasta,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011Our food was excellent (pasta, lasagna) and the servers were efficient but not pushy. Cute little restaurant.Special Features:
- A delicious and fabulous eveningYoginiVIPDined on 12/10/2011We had a fabulous evening to celebrate our anniversary. The host/waiter was friendly informative and attentive. The selections were interesting and tantalizing. The grilled fresh sardines were equal to those we had in Venice. Everything was delicious We event got a candle in our amazing triamisu and complementary port. The aromas from the open kitchen were delightful. The service was so great - very white tablecloth! The tables were a bit close for intimate conversation but those also lent for a chat about what was ordered. We had a wonderful experience and will return!Special Features:
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/3/2011Went out with a group of 5 which I think was a little much for the restaurant, but food was absolutely amazing!Special Features: