4424A Urbana Pike Rd.
Frederick, MD 21704Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.monocacycrossing.com/
- Phone: 301-846-4204x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Monocacy Crossing
Monocacy Crossing is located off the beaten path five miles south of Frederick. As soon as you walk through our door, you relax, you're comfortable, and at home. Our menu selections and extensive wine list will satisfy everyone in your party. So come, enjoy, be our guests!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Monocacy Crossing - Best Restaurants in Frederick ›
Monocacy Crossing reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)great for outdoor dining (60)fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (51)romantic (42)notable wine list (32)good for groups (28)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (15)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- An Exceptional Restaurant4datenightDined on 6/20/2014We celebrated our 15th anniversary with our first dinner at Monocacy Crossing and we were so pleased with the exceptional food and service. We dined outside in their lovely patio area, and it could not have been more pleasant. The food was prepared and timed perfectly. Definitely will be going back!!Special Features:
- JWOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2014One of our favorite places in Frederick - a bit off of the beaten path, but high quality food in a warm and friendly environment!Special Features:
- Father's DayRoxieDined on 6/15/2014Service was great! The staff was attentive and friendly. Our meals were excellent. The crab cakes were filled with crabmeat prepared perfectly! A favorite special occasion restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freidafreidaDined on 6/14/2014The food is always delicious and creative. We've always had wonderful food and great service.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I have been here many times for our "date nights". The food never disappoints! They consistently have great food and service. We normally go for a steak entree and they are always amazing. Beef medallions wrapped in bacon were incredible! This is our favorite Frederick restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice date nightPassthewineplsDined on 6/13/2014My boyfriend and I went for the first time on a Friday night. It was rainy outside, so I think it was quiter than it probably is normally at 7:30 on Friday. We had a absolutely great waitress! Personable and catered to all our needs without being asked. Food came out in perfect timing from one course to the next. Found out about the history of the place and the couple that owns it. We both had steak and it was cooked perfectly. The calamari was wonderful :) all around, great experience! We will be back, for sure!Special Features:
- Wonderful Once Again!bellasmomDined on 6/11/2014We love this place! The service and food are always top notch. Look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Dinner at Monocacy CrossingCatseyeDined on 6/7/2014After getting lost using a faulty GPS, we found Monocacy Crossing and really enjoyed the food, the wait staff and the welcome. The food was excellent. Our crab appetizer and the pita bread to mop up the crab was more than sufficient for two meals for two people. The hangar steak and the beef tips were prepared according to our wishes and the red Austrian wine went well with the beef. The sides complimented the meal perfectly. Thanks to our happy server we enjoyed a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FridayDinnerClubDined on 6/7/2014We eat out with friends every weekend, and are always looking for a new place to share some good food and wine. Loved Monocacy Crossing! For appetizers we had the scallops and the crab fritter special. Both were delicious and the scallops were perfectly prepared. My Shrimp and Grits were among the best I have ever had. Our group also had the Beef Medallions, the Pork Tenderloin and the Jambalaya, all of which were delicious. We have put Monocacy Crossing on our "re-do" list, and could see it becoming a go-to place for special occasions - the food was that good! Thank you for great food, and service that matched the quality of the food. Wonderful evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014"Frederick's best kept secret" is true. Food was incredible, service excellent; the owner even came by our table to say hello. Atmosphere was just the right blend of relaxed yet upscale. We recommend the duck nachos--really!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Never disappoints and has quickly become the favorite dining spot for me and my wife! A can't miss dining experience and the chef is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!MiddebVIPDined on 6/4/2014On our most recent visit to MC for lunch, my husband and I decided to sit outside on the patio. It's great. Due to the fact that the umbrellas are wide, with all of them open the area is shady like a covered porch. Nice. This time I had the BLT with cheddar and cup of chicken corn chowder. Let me tell you, that is one delicious sandwich! The soup was delicious, too. ALL the soups here are fantastic. My hubby opted for the pulled pork sandwich, which must have half a pound of pork on it with a tasty Cole slaw on the side. I've had this before and it is awesome. 5 stars for both Katie and Allie, who my husband and I can't compliment enough as lovely young women and excellent servers in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 640 reviews are from the Monocacy Crossing reviews archive.
- Frederick's hidden foodie gemwcelliotDined on 5/24/2014Monocacy Crossing is a small family owned restaurant where the food takes center stage: innovative, locally sourced, and expertly prepared without being pretentious. The wine list is also notable for both breadth and depth with surprise finds on every page and a wide range of unique wines available by the glass. While the dinner menu is the star, the lunch menu is arguably the best in the area making it a great value for business lunches. And service is impeccable with a very tenured and attentive team. Head and shoulders my favorite spot in Frederick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monocacy CrossingDaveDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I have been going to this restaurant for years. The food and service are always excellent. A fine dining experience in a casual setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnersiobhanDined on 5/24/2014We have been to monocacy crossing many times and always have a great meal. Service is excellent! We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Monocacy CrossingKozmic76Dined on 5/24/2014We were meeting friends for dinner and they wanted to try somewhere where they had not eaten before. My husband and I have had lunch there before and were always pleased with the food and the service, so we decided to go to Monocacy Crossing. We all agreed our meals were excellent and the service was superb. It was a pleasant evening, so we sat at a table on the patio. The entire evening was a lovely experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKkbigdDined on 5/23/2014Everything was delightful and the food outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food I've ever eatenPickyEaterDined on 5/16/2014My husband and I are picky eaters, so we usually stick to the trusty chains - and while it's not EXCELLENT, it never disappoints. For our anniversary, we decided to branch out a bit. I pass by Monocacy Crossing every week on my way to dog training, and the parking lot is always full, so we decided to try it. The food is beyond delicious. I got NY strip steak (with mashed potatoes and the season veggie - snow peas), and I couldn't believe how amazing it was. My taste buds were crying for joy. My husband got bacon wrapped beef medallions with the same sides, and I could barely convince him to let me have a bite. They were amazing also. We don't drink, and our bill was $66. A bit pricey, but the portions are huge, and it was well worth it!Special Features:
- Food was great but...vronDined on 5/15/2014The service was barely acceptable for the price of the meals. You walk into a bar where obvious locals look as if they're interrupted by your presence. Greeted by a passerby staff member that had no clue as to where to sit us and required additional help to seat us in a restaurant with only 4 other occupied tables on our arrival. Our waitress was great and kept beverages filled and seemed attentive and the food was absolutely phenomenal so applause to the Chef. Unfortunately, the initial appearance and greeting set the tone for a less than stellar experience one would expect from such a quaint, highly priced fine dining restaurant.Special Features:
- Just awesome!gpimentDined on 5/13/2014The food was superb! Every time the food is perfect.Special Features:
- Enjoyed itLasloDined on 5/11/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. The coconut pound cake and cappuccino were an excellent end to our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's DaymspittsDined on 5/11/2014Our experience at Monocacy Crossing wonderful. Our waitress gave fabulous service and was very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. The food was as outstanding as always. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experiencefoodpcDined on 5/11/2014Great food, diverse menu. Our four entrees ran the gamut from seafood to beef. All were very well prepared and quite enjoyable. Our server provided the perfect level of attention and details. Good wine list. My in laws dine here frequently and I now know why.Special Features:
- My Quaint Cottege in the WoodsoutanaboutDined on 5/11/2014The Monocacy Crossing is a wonderful place to go to relax, sit back and enjoy the wonderful food! It is an experience that you don't want to rush through and a great place to go for that special occasion. I just took my Mom back again to celebrate another Mother's Day with friends. The crab cakes are always delicious and the service makes is top rate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great.MiddebVIPDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I eat here weekly for lunch and have dinner here on special occasions. Allie is the BEST server! She is always smiling, friendly, knowledgeable about the menu, and very efficient. We most recently had dinner as a family on Mother's Day. As always, a great experience. We were seated immediately (unlike some restaurants who overbook on holidays and make you wait for your table despite reservations). The food was fresh, delicious, beautifully presented, and plentiful. They employ a pastry chef so desserts are always fresh and exceptional, too. Five of us ate here for $203 (not including tip) and that includes entrees, appetizers, wine, coffees and desserts! Try MC. You will be happy you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome Mother's dayNittanydadDined on 5/11/2014we went to brunch on Mother's Day. The food was amazing, and the service was top notch. Since the day was amazing, we sat on the patio instead of inside. Would definitely be going back......Special Features:
- WOWRowdaddyVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had a great experience for our first visit to Monocacy Crossing. Our server was very knowledgeable , friendly and patient. He took us through the menu answering all of our questions and offered suggestions when we asked. We started with the Spicy Spinach, Roasted Corn and Crab Dip with Crispy Pita Chips, it was great, maybe the best I have had. For entrees my wife got the BBQ Shrimp with smoked cheddar grits, my wife made me try the grits which I have never liked in the past but these were marvelous. I had the 8oz Filet Mignon over Truffled Cauliflower Puree and Shoestring Potatoes and I was totally pleased. My only regret was that I didn't get desert first because I had no room by the time came to order it. We will be back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent lunchdavieVIPDined on 5/7/2014This restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- mostly divinelookin4yummyDined on 5/6/2014loved the meal we got here! Whiskey duck nachos-awesome! horseradish green apple salmon over warm potato salad was superb- one of the best dishes I've ever had-and friend ordered beef medallions which were "perfectly cooked" and delicious. Very attractive presentation. Server was attentive and informed but a bit slow. Friend a little dismayed with wine choices but happy with the second choice since first wasn't available and it went well with the meal. Would return in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise with every biteReneeVIPDined on 5/3/2014Each bite from each dish we ate left a smile on our faces. Appetizer through dessert, we were satiated and happy. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Went out to celebrate my mothers birthday. Couldnt have had a better experience. We were early for our reservation and even the patrons at the bar were incredibly nice. Hands down it was a wonderful night and we will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Off the Beaten TrackgeniusVIPDined on 4/29/2014Monocacy Crossing is an excellent choice for a good meal. It is in an old building that looks like it might have been a private residence at one time. The bar was busy when we were there. Actually the bar is has always been busy when ever we have been there. The prices are on the high end for Frederick, but the food is well worth it.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodenjoyfoodsDined on 4/29/2014My husband and I prefer Monocacy Crossing to any other restaurant in Frederick. The food is consistently good. You cannot get "bad" food here. I always get a cup of soup without even asking what the soup of the day is; it is that good and the coconut pound cake is to die for alondg with the Pomagranite martini The specials are exceptional and creative. The service is impeccable. Don't miss this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Evening Outblk02Dined on 4/26/2014Monocacy Crossing is my "go to" restaurant when celebrating an event. The most recent was to celebrate a wedding anniversary. I had a lovely "after graduation" luncheon for my son last June, as well as holiday gathering for 10 of us in Dec., since the restaurant is very accommodating for various size groups. The food has always been very good and the service is top notch. There is a patio area that I still haven't been fortunate enough to sit at due to weather issues, but hopefully will get to this summer. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monacacy CrossingLove2eatDined on 4/20/2014Haven't been in a while so it was on our list to get back. And they didn't disappoint! Whiskey duck nachos are TO DIE FOR and so was the rest of my dinner. Service great and friendly. Will always come back to MC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2014My husband I are huge foodies and usually frequent the restaurants in downtown Frederick for special occasions. For our anniversary we decided to try Monocacy Crossing, where we have never been before. Consequently, it was a great decision. Food was excellent, wine selection superb, and service wonderful. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- This place never dissappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014This place never dissappoints! This is our favorite restaurant in Frederick- it's hard to stay away from. They cook an excellent steak and, if you can pull yourself away from them, everything else on the menu is well cooked and delicious. Desserts are good also- if you are able to leave room. Of course, I can't leave out that they mix up some spectacular dirty vodka martinis!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night DinnerPthomaslambertDined on 4/11/2014This was our first time here for dinner at the Monocasy Crossing, From the outside, the restaurant looks more like someones home on the side of route 355, but when you enter the main entrance the first room looks more like a neighborhood bar. But after being seated at our table, the atmosphere change to a more inviting restaurant. Service was attentive but not annoying. The Steaks we ordered was not only perfectly cooked. Then there was desert, we had the coconut pound cake and all we can say was Oh My God. This chef has made perfection for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timebillDined on 4/10/2014My wife and I very happy with our experience at your restaurant. the food was fantastic,also the service was the best we have ever had.Heather,our server was fantastic.All the staff were great.Will recomend your restaurant to all our friends.Your wine list was very good.Thank You for a wonderfull time.We plan on another evening at your establishment in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I give Monocacy Crossing 5chocolateDined on 4/5/2014I give Monocacy Crossing 5 stars, I LOVE this restaurant - their cheese tray appetizer is enough to share for 4 people! The food never disapoints, the menu changes just enough to keep it interesting - outdoor dining when it warms up is delightful! Try the coconut pound cake - even if you don't like coconut!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.