Coldwater Cafe & Catering
19 E Main Street
Tipp City, OH 45371Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Coldwater Cafe & Catering
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.coldwater-cafe.com/
- Phone: 9376670007x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch (Walk-In Only): Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner (Reservations Recommended): Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nick Hoover
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Coldwater Cafe & Catering is able to do events from 12-250. Coldwater can do anything from custom catering menus, standard catering menu or box lunches. We can design a menu for your special occasion or you can choose from our standard catering or box lunch menus.
- Private Party Facilities: We have two rooms available for private dining, each with its own style and personality. We will work with you to create a personalized dining experience perfect for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Jenny Swigart 9376670007x
- Entertainment: Jazz music consisting of guitar, keyboard and/or bass, mostly on weekends starting at 7:00 PM
- Special Events: Every Valentine’s Day we create a specialized menu for the evening. Chef Nick puts together a divine combination of entrees, sides, salads and desserts that are not offered together during the remainder of the year. Founder, Betty Peachey, creates an ambiance not to be missed with the dining room bathed only in candlelight. Reservations are recommended.
A word from Coldwater Cafe & Catering
This restaurant housed in a former bank building in the heart of downtown Tipp City offers quality dining in a small-town setting. The decor is warm and welcoming and is a delight for the senses. The fireplace creates a cozy atmosphere while the full bar allows patrons a relaxing stop while awaiting a fabulous meal. The inviting atmosphere encourages relaxed conversation. You may be surprised to find that a restaurant in such a small town has some rather sophisticated choices on the menu alongside your more normal fare, with entrees such as ostrich being offered. If you are looking for a decadent dessert, look no further than the butter-drenched English Tea Cake! An easy drive from all points in the Dayton area, words cannot do it justice. A visit is a must and will be the first of many.Continued
Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Coldwater Cafe & Catering - Best Restaurants in Tipp City ›
Coldwater Cafe & Catering reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (35)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (20)good for groups (16)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- We went to Coldwater CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2009We went to Coldwater Cafe for our 13th Wedding anniversary. I had read a lot of great reviews about this restaurant and decided to give it a try from our normal Melting Pot routine. It was phenomenal in all aspects and we will definitely be back! The space was charming and cozy, the food was absolutely delightful (try the Jamaican banana cake) and our server was very knowledgeable and gracious. Along with everything the price is reasonable for the quality of food you get. Our only disappointment was that we had to leave right as the live jazz musicians started to play. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- When we booked our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2009When we booked our reservation with Open Table I was asked if it was a special occasion, it was my wife's birthday, which was not acknowledged. The meals are rather pricey & the service was less than satisfactory for what I consider fine dining. The food was just okay, but I will say the desserts were very good. We were seated by the fireplace, & it was so hot & stuffy you could hardly enjoy your meal. My wife dines there frequently for lunch & always has great service...maybe you should have them train your night servers. As for fine dining, we will continue to dine at J. Alexander's for great food, wonderful atmoshere with exceptional service.
- Outstanding food and the buildingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2009Outstanding food and the building being a former bank is very unique and nice. If there could be any complaint is it can get noisy. It was a little hard to hear and talk at times the person I was with. Definitely will go back!Special Features:
- All was good. We had primeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2009All was good. We had prime rib, and it was later in the evening so close to not having it. Was told it was the end piece, but still pink. But when arrived it was was too done for me, but very tasty. It was very good though, just better it I had it earlier in the evening. Service was good, love the wine you serve.
- Once again the food was superb.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2009Once again the food was superb. The waitress was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The desserts were fantastic!Special Features:
- Not a very wide selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2009Not a very wide selection and very pricey. However, the food was good.Special Features:
- Our date began with waitingFoxFarmerDined on 7/31/2009Our date began with waiting around ten minutes for service. That was disappointing but we were patient. When our server did arrive, she was attentive and kind. Our entrees, mango pork chops and filet mignon were superb! Our dessert was disappointing. I ordered the cherry bread pudding which I've enjoyed before and it was very mushy and distatsteful. Our server was gracious and brought me the tea cake which was better. My husband ordered the peanut butter pie which was superb! We had an enjoyable time and will definitely return!Special Features:
- We ordered pecan-crusted tilapiaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2009We ordered pecan-crusted tilapia and the ostrich filets. Both were excellent and the supporting dishes (smashed redskin potatoes and roasted Yukon Gold as well as the green beans) were also superbly done. The wine list offers a great variety of vintages and we can recommend highly the hot fudge pecan ball for dessert. Service was also superb from the greeting upon arrival to the presentation of the check.Special Features:
- This restaurant is in ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2009This restaurant is in our top 5 all time favorite list! The food is superb and the live lite jazz in the bar area is a real charmer. We had friends in from Washington D.C. and they said that they have never had better fish!! We agree. This restaurant is a treasure.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/18/2009This was our first visit to the new location and it was wonderful. As always, the food and service is some of the very best I have ever had. Fantastic and will be back!
- Coldwater Cafe is an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2009Coldwater Cafe is an excellent place to dine. There is a delicious variety of choices on the menu, including some "healthy" options. I chose the spinach lentil salad with grilled chicken, which was outstanding. It would make an excellent vegetarian dinner sans chicken. I suggest that you request some of the cucumber dressing (more like chutney) to add to your salad. It is delicious! My husband had the lobster/crab cake appetizers, which he said were delicious, followed by the grilled salmon dinner, also great. Perhaps the best part was the peanut butter pie that we split for dessert. It was a large slice, plenty for 2. Wonderful! The service was wonderful too. We will be back many more times.Special Features:
- This is my third trip to ColdwaterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2009This is my third trip to Coldwater Cafe in recent months. It's a gem; my favorite restaurant. Food, wine, and service are all excellent.Special Features:
- Had a 7:45PM reservation andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2009Had a 7:45PM reservation and had to wait 30 minutes for a table. Initially offered a table set off from all other tables in the restaurant with a "scenic stairwell view." Requested and got another table in the main dining room. The menu was rather limited -- only six entrees plus two off-menu "specials." Wine list was very good and very well priced. Food was good -- nothing to rave about. Service was satisfactory. Prices were reasonableSpecial Features:
- Restaraunt is in an old bankbscoop13Dined on 6/11/2009Restaraunt is in an old bank and you can sit in the vault. The vault door is still there. The food is exceptional and the price is reasonable. I started with the artichoke dip which was the best I have ever had. With the salad I had the cucumber and dill dressing. It was very good and fresh. My meal was the lobster crabcakes. I highly recommend them. Wine by the glass list is small but they do have splits. Nice selection of whole bottles. I had the english tea cake for desert. It was very good. Everything they serve is local that can be. This place is a gem.Special Features:
- Dining overall was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2009Dining overall was excellent, however we sat in the vault area in the back and could not hear the live music or see them at all...however they were very good. Also much more ambiance had we been able to sit in the fireplace room. The service and food is always wonderful every time we go, I had the trout with pineapple salsa, it was prepared perfect. I also always love that bread with the sea salt on the crust!!!Special Features:
- food was great but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/20/2009food was great but service was not. Unfortunately not the first time. Clearly understaffed.Special Features:
- Truly enjoyed a deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2009Truly enjoyed a delicious meal Friday evening. Absolutely love your homemade cucumber dill dressing! Both dinners were super as was the service! Only real complaint was being seated in a high traffic passage area (for 2) facing a drink station when there looked to be plenty of other tables available. Ordered a decaf, which was flavored. Had I known hazelnut was "standard" I wouldn not have ordered it. Also...please add Chivas Regal Scotch to your bar's inventory! The little items sometimes make a big difference. We will be back... Thank you.Special Features:
- Great food and service. niceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2009Great food and service. nice atmosphere. Portions not overwhelmingly large, so leave room for dessert. We shared a wonderful cherry almond bread pudding...delicious. Grilled salmon was superbly prepared. All in all a very nice evening.Special Features:
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2009We were very disappointed that they were out of quiche and it wasn't even 6:00pm! In our group of 3, 1 had pork chops, 1 chicken and 1 tilapia. Food was ok but not worth the price. Ordered dessert - hot fudge nut ice cream -hot fudge was not hot. Their signature lemon tea cake was wonderful. I may try again but at lunch. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Overall, we had a very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/17/2009Overall, we had a very pleasant experience. Service was a little slower than we are used to but that is likely because most of the establishments we frequent have drive up windows. Atmosphere was good. Live music was a bit loud for our taste but still a nice touch. Highly recommended for a couple's night out!Special Features:
- Great food, Prom't servicegatorDined on 4/10/2009Great food, Prom't service and seating. Wonderful selection. Pricing is very reasonableSpecial Features:
- If the Coldwater Café hasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2009If the Coldwater Café has not been on your list lately, you need to move it to the top. Recently moved from its old location on the corner of 2nd and Main in Tipp City, it now occupies a former bank branch just a few doors east next to the Tipp Library. Even though the seating area is a bit larger, the dining area has lost none of its charm. You can even dine in the bank vault for something unique. Yes, the door is still there!! However, please don’t go just for the great atmosphere, the food and service are unsurpassed!! All of the dishes are made from scratch, including the incredible prime rib, and the always tasty ostrich filets. Nick has just taken over making the cheesecakes which were previously shipped in from New York, andSpecial Features:
- We loved the relaxed feelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2009We loved the relaxed feel of this place - inviting, romantic and cozy – like a comfortable living room. We will definitely return to try more of their menu choices, which are varied and appealing. The Lobster crabcakes and Shrimp Penne Pasta were amazing and the fruit and cheese appetizer was refreshing. Unfortunately we filled up on dinner and left no room for any of their signature delectable looking desserts. Definitely have to try these next time. With reservations we were seated right away and service was well-timed and friendly, and prices were reasonable. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Coldwater Cafe serves deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2009Coldwater Cafe serves delicious food and drink! A lot of thought has been put into their menu. It isn't endless and "typical" like many of the chain restaurants; rather, the chef's offerings are limited, unique, & so palate-pleasing, such as Pork Chops with Mango Glaze. Their decision to move to a new location just a few doors down was smart: you will enjoy an up-scale, elegant, intimate setting. Service is superb. Reservations highly recommended. Book ahead; they won't keep you waiting when you arrive! Tip: when you book online, put a notation that you'd like alcove seating if available. Save room for dessert, their English Tea Cake is yummy! Enjoy! (in my opinion, is an adults restaurant; well-behaved children only please)Special Features:
- My wife and I, in Tipp CityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2009My wife and I, in Tipp City for an event, had a late reservation but were accomodated earlier. Gracious staff, very listenable jazz combo in bar, veteran server who brought the wrong soup course but recovered like the pro that she was. And the food was so outstanding, flavorful and very lite...the sauces, the dressings, the wine, even the bread & butter! Shrimp & brie pasta and lobster crabcakes were outstanding as was the cherry almond bread pudding. Intimate ambiance, great food, great service...all making a memorable dining experience. Have recommended this jewel to our friends and will definitely drive the 30 miles to this destination.Special Features:
- Since this was our first dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2009Since this was our first dinner at the new location, we thought we might miss the quaint ambiance of the "little corner cafe". However, the Coldwater Cafe continues to satisfy our taste for a special dining experience. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the staff was patience and letting us take our time to order while we were visiting with our dining guests. Eating in the room where the old safe/vault was located was interesting, too. We have recommended the Coldwater Cafe to all of our friends/family and will continue to do so. It is truly an experience you can "bank on". Compliments to the chef and staff for a great dinner. Loved the red snapper.Special Features:
- We just loved the place. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/13/2009We just loved the place. The atmosphere was relaxing, but lively. The food was wonderful!! The service was also wonderful. We didn't like the first table that they sat us at, and they changed it with no problem, to a table that we liked much better (next to the great fireplace)! We will try to make it a regular stop on our "eating out list" whenever we can go thirty mins or more from home.Special Features:
- Excellent staff, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/12/2009Excellent staff, excellent food. This is one of those places you'll want to keep a secret.....you'll want to keep it all to yourselfSpecial Features:
- In an area of OK dining, ColdwaterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2009In an area of OK dining, Coldwater Cafe shines. Everything is slightly above what is generally available in our proximity. I might also add that Coldwater Cafe would hold its own in any city...Not pretentious, just class without an attitude.Special Features:
- I never turn down a chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/24/2009I never turn down a chance to eat at the Coldwater. The food is always fresh and well perpared. I would compare their food quality and preparation with any restaurant, anywhere.Special Features:
- Great Service, ambience, food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/9/2009Great Service, ambience, food! Charming! Worth the drive from Kettering.Special Features: