Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
70 Rowes Wharf
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roweswharfseagrille.com/
- Phone: 6178567744
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Breakfast Buffet: Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am -11:00am;
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Afternoon Tea Daily: 2:30pm - 4:00pm
(Please call for reservations in advance)
Bar Bites Daily: 2:30pm-4:00pm;
Dinner Daily: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Bruce
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Rowes Wharf Sea Grille is perfectly situated where land meets sea at the most picturesque spot along the Boston waterfront. Chef Daniel Bruce’s vision for the restaurant celebrates the sea—inventive seafood dishes artfully presented, and a contemporary space with design accents that mirror the ocean beyond the windows.
- Private Party Contact: Elias Akiki 6178567744
- Special Events: We do not take reservations for outdoor dining. We will try to honor all requests, but can not guarantee specific seating.
A word from Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille is perfectly situated at the most picturesque spot along the Boston waterfront. Chef Daniel Bruce’s vision for the restaurant celebrates the sea—inventive seafood dishes artfully presented, and a contemporary space with design accents that mirror the ocean beyond the windows. For great food, harbor front views, lively conversation and an upscale yet comfortable atmosphere, look no further than Rowes Wharf Sea Grille, located at the Boston Harbor Hotel..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (116)scenic view (116)special occasion (65)romantic (51)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (36)great for brunch (24)good for groups (23)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- Service was very attentive.LugiDined on 3/22/2014Service was very attentive. All of our meals were well prepared and seasoned. Although the restaurant was full the noise level was very low which made dining here very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was lovely. WeMariaDined on 3/22/2014Everything was lovely. We did the restaurant week special. I had the cod and it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful diningOBMVYDined on 3/21/2014We were there celebrating a birthday. Had requested a window table and we sat at a table with a great view of the waterfront. Our waiter Adrian was professional, polite, attentive without being noticeably all over the table. We lucked into a dine out Boston special menu that had great choices off their regular dining room menu. Three courses for $28.00, AMAZING DEAL! All regular size portions of deliciousness. Diners were cooked to perfection, tasted fabulous, and left us feeling as though we had hit the jackpot. Adrian brought my husband his dessert with a candle and "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate on his plate, thoughtful touch. Liked it so much next time we are in Boston we plan on getting a room at the Boston Harbor Hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014Wonderful food and beautiful view of Boston harbor. Plus a great deal during restaurant week! The smoke salmon ravioli was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rowes Wharf Sea GrilleTeresaDined on 3/19/2014Lovely view, excellent service, fabulous meal. My husband and I like to add to our favorite Boston restaurants by trying new ones every time there is a restaurant week. We took advantage of their prix fixe menu. Even with the limited prix-fixe menu, we were able to delightfully satisfy my surf and his turf needs. We were not rushed and the waiter's timing serving our three courses was perfect. A very enjoyable evening! Will definitely come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the upscale feelGooseDined on 3/16/2014If you don't want to break the bank but feel like you received high quality service, this is a place for a romantic dinner that could wow your partner. The service was great and food did not disappoint. It was also great that parking didn't cost us much since they have valet. It was discounted but not expensive. Overall a great little spot with that elegant feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findBcrace12Dined on 3/16/2014I've been coming to Boston every year since 1987 so am always looking for a new place to try. Even though I did not give this 5 stars, I would certainly recommend dining here. Fish was very fresh and well prepared. Service was attentive without being intrusive. -:)-:)-:)-:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best smooth Clam chowder!ModalDesignerDined on 3/15/2014White fish on sofran risotto was also nice. Waitor was professional. Yet, price was reasonable to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2014We began with Oysters on the half-shell & mixed drinks. I had Grilled halibut and perfectly cooked fresh mixed vegetables; my husband had the cod. The food was excellent and the service impeccable - not only our waiter, Manuel, but the rest of the staff as well. We felt very comfortable. Also, we felt the prices were reasonable for this type of restaurant! My Marguerita was delicious. But my husband was disappointed in his Stoli Gimlet - he likes Roses lime juice; not the fresh lime. I also enjoyed a Prosecco with my meal; my husband enjoyed a very nice Reisling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Seafood in BostonMikeLDined on 2/21/2014My favorite seafood restaurant in Boston. Fabulous seafood perfectly prepared. Excellent service. Great value for the quality of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood and excellent servicegeraldroyrondoeVIPDined on 2/16/2014My wife and I celebrated a post Valentines Day dinner at the Sea Grille and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience. There are many seafood restaurants in Boston but we found the Sea Grille menu to have one of the largest selections seafood we have seen. About 80% of the menu is dedicated to seafood. I chose an oven baked Atlantic Halibut served over saffron risotto and it was excellent. The atmosphere and the view overlooking the harbor was very nice as was the very professional but friendly service. I would strongly recommend the Sea Grille when you are in the mood for seafood.Special Features:
- Valentines at Sea GrilleBosResidentDined on 2/14/20142 positives: Our meal far exceeded expectations, everything was very good Our server, Daniel, was pleasant and added to our evening Negatives: The two women at the hostess stand were a complete negative and got our evening off to a bad start. Every encounter with them was a negative. Very unprofessional and a demerit to the restsurant. Also, it was Valentines a tiny chocolate or sweet was certainly expected but didn't happen. Also the lights were too bright
- Great food and great service!lsalemaDined on 2/8/2014We went to celebrate my fiance's birthday with his parents and wanted a nice place where we could catch up and enjoy a Bostonian vibe since his parents are from out of town. The location is perfect, the food was amazing, and it was the perfect place to gather and catch up. The service was so friendly from the hostess, to the waiter, to the manager who came over to check on us, to the bellman that held the door as we left. The overall experience was great and I know I will be back!Special Features:
- very nice lunchchuckmac07VIPDined on 2/4/2014while Rowes Wharf is undergoing renovations, their menu is being served upstairs in Meritage. terrific lunch food, beautiful food and a staff sensitive to lunch time pressures made for a wonderful lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business meetingsKathyDined on 1/30/2014Great spot for breakfast and lunch meetings. Service is always professional and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected less, received much moreMrDanDined on 1/10/2014Decided to start our weekend getaway with dinner here before we got into town. We expected a quick, unremarkable meal and instead encountered an accommodating, efficient staff; a creative menu, and wonderful atmosphere. My after dinner cordial was difficult to find and our server went so far as to search neighboring establishments to locate. We visit Boston to diffuse and relax once each year, and Rowes Wharf Sea Grille was the perfect place to begin that endeavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Evening Dinner2ofusVIPDined on 1/10/2014My wife and I both had the winter greens salad and pan-roasted halibut. The salad was excellent in every respect with plentiful greens, real cranberries, and a very creamy and velvety goat cheese. The halibut was served on top of saffron risotto and very thin sliced zuke. The presentation was great and the meal was piping hot, however, the halibut was a tad dry. We rated the noise level as energetic as our table was close to the bar. We could have asked to be moved as the restaurant was only about half full. There are no linen table cloths if that is important to you. Very attentive service.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningmgdwDined on 1/9/2014Scenic view, excellent service and wonderful wine list. The food was good, but not exceptional. We had a very nice evening with an old friend.Special Features:
- Special OccasionBrooklinerVIPDined on 1/9/2014Three old friends celebrating a retirement enjoyed wonderful service, delicious food (roast salmon, cod, clam chowder), and very good wine (by the glass selection is great).Special Features:
- Incredible foodLeslieDined on 1/5/2014We ate everything! The food was all incredible! The filet was cooked perfectly, the salmon was flavorful and also cooked perfectly. As well as the sautéed shrimp with red rice! All of our apps and desserts were amazing as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchgeraldroyrondoeVIPDined on 1/3/2014I took friends who were visiting Boston from China to the Sea Grill for lunch the day after our most recent snow storm. It was a perfect day to sit next to the windows and look out over the harbor. The food, the service and the overall ambiance of the restaurant was great. My guests especially appreciated the wide choice of seafood choices on the menu. The service, starting from the hostess who seated us to everyone on the waitstaff was exceptional. I would highly recommend the Sea Grill as a place to enjoy some great Boston seafood in a very comfortable restaurant overlooking the waterfront and the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service by AdrianAdrienDined on 12/31/2013New years eve was so nice. The table was perfect and the lobster bisque muse bouche was beyond fantastic. Too bad the filet was gone. Ribeye is my least favorite. But we were late so....crab cakes best i ever had.... the food was good and all the staff was superb...especially our waiter Adrian. I will defineitely comeback and reccomend tis restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with friendsMGL57Dined on 12/7/2013I selected this restaurant because of the menu, the location and the fact that they could acommodate our group on relatively short notice. I read some of the reviews, so I expected a delicious experience. We were not disappointed. The server, (Esteban), was attentive, knowledgeable and efficient. The appetizers and main courses were awesome. I would certainly return to this restaurant, perhaps in the summer as I am sure the harbor view is that much more beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Beautiful View of Boston HarborogttravelerVIPDined on 12/6/2013My sister and I plan an Afternoon Tea, as a special time together during the holiday season. We have been to other hotels for Afternoon Tea, but none have the ambiance, service, and value as the Sea Grille, located in the Boston Harbor Hotel on Rowes Wharf. The large floor-to-ceiling windows allow a great view of Boston Harbor, no matter where one is seated. The subtle, nautical motif is relaxing and warm, especially with all the natural light. The food was filling and a good value with both tea and a complimentary glass of bubbly! Our server, Adrian was attentive and kept our conversation lively. It was an enjoyable afternoon and my sister and I would recommend, for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceRhodeIslanderDined on 11/29/2013We had reserved a table for 5 and arrived with 6...no problem, as we were seated without delay. For fish lovers, the menu offered a variety of seafood, cooked to your preference. Our server was friendly and efficient and allowed substitutions for the starch and vegetable without an additional cost. Food was brought to our table in what seemed like just the right time. Plating was attractive, and the temperature of the food was right on. Our table ordered cod, salmon, halibut, and a chopped salad as mains. All reported their food to be very tasty, moist and flavorful with the right amount of seasoning. Valet parking was a plus. Would definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & View of Boston HarborTriciaVIPDined on 11/28/2013When we are in Boston we always come to this magical hotel to dine! The view is breathtaking - you see Logan Airport, ocean going ships, and overall lovely view of Boston Harbor. The entire room overlooks the Harbor - food and wine selection is great! Don't miss tea at this restaurant - fantastic scones, seafood hors, and delicious dessert pastries! We were so thrilled to spend our Thanksgiving meal here and stay on for tea!!!Special Features:
- Great placespunkysmurfDined on 11/4/2013I had the salmon which was fresh and delicious. Both my colleagues raved about the monkfish. Great value for the quality of food and service. The place was beautiful with marble accents throughout. I would definitely eat here again. Less than a mile away from the convention center, it was refreshing to dine and relax here in its quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brought my parents here fromChiTownDined on 11/2/2013Brought my parents here from Chicago. They loved the view of the harbor and the food was excelent. The Ceaser salad could use some cheese and the rice with the fresh fish selections could be jazzed up a little (it was just plain white rice) but overall it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Sunday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2013Meritage is closed on Sunday night but no problem, we totally enjoyed our Sea Grille experience this past Sunday evening. The view is gorgeous, both during the day and in the evening. The Boston Harbor Hotel itself is 5-star and it is always a pleasure to stay there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant has GlutenLuv2eatDined on 10/27/2013The restaurant has Gluten Free meal options, which is a big plus for those with dietary restrictions. The food and service were excellent. I highly recommend the restaurant to anyone who would like to eat good food, have a scenic view, and enjoys relaxed dinner atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Good for Special MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013I had my anniversary dinner here with my girlfriend. Fancy atmosphere, but I did not feel out of place in a polo. The food was excellent. Probably some of the best I've ever had. The scallops were delicious and artfully prepared. It was quite expensive, but I highly recommend it for a fancy, romantic, meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening.kcapDined on 10/25/2013We booked this reservation for our daughter's 16th birthday. They were very accommodating with a lovely table by the window for a great view. We were running late and they were gracious about moving our reservation later even at the last minute (this was a Friday night so they may not have been quite as busy as a Saturday night). Food was very good, and even though we were not staying for dessert, they presented my daughter with a special birthday trifle, complete with candle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice NightonyourleftDined on 10/25/2013Treated my daughter and friends to a nice night, Beautiful view of the harbor. Very nice people. The seafood appetizer was excellent. If I went again I would just order a bunch of those for the table and cocktails. The service was a little slow but all in all a wonderful night.Special Features:
- Delicious and very accommodating !LjmitchVIPDined on 10/19/2013We were in town from Dallas visiting my college daughter. She has Celiac disease and they were more than accommodating to make sure her food was gluten free and even gave us all Gluten free bed to share. The restaurant was beautiful the food superb and the service incredible! Afterwards we walked along the pier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Business Lunch SpotMWC54VIPDined on 10/7/2013The Sea Grille at Rowes Wharf is one of my favorite business lunch venues. It has a beautiful room with great views of the harbor, even if you are not seated at the window. The kitchen is very competent and the menu provides a full range of options. I typically choose a fish dish from their daily offerings. The ginger lime butter that accompanies these dishes comes on the side, so you can choose how much you want. It provides just the right amount of unctuous flavor, while the fish and glazed baby vegetables are always done with precision. Salads are also really good and fresh, with nice options, and typically they have a good choice for soup. The whole feel for this restaurant/food is light, bright, fresh and perfectly executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!PaulaVIPDined on 10/6/2013First trip to Boston and a friend recommended this restaurant. Desserts were outstanding! Shrimp and my halibut with risotto were also outstanding! Two in our party had grilled fish and they were a little dry. All in all, still an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, unexciting, lovely viewsejdaDined on 10/5/2013While very pretty locale, they definitely serve "hotel food," i.e. unexciting food that tasted like it had been previously frozen. We had tried to get into the bustling Seaport area no reservations to be had. This was definitely not the hip place to be. It might have been great had we been able to sit outside. Alas! Too cold that night. We could all hear one another, which was nice. Older, staid crowd. Considering that the restaurant was only half full, we don't know why it took almost 45 minutes for our main courses to arrive. The "for the table" appetizers were surprisingly puny. The main courses were good, not great. Oh well. At least the amiable bartender mixed delicious concoctions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectWhitneyVTDined on 10/5/2013A couple of family members were in town for the weekend, and we met here for lunch. It was perfect weather out and we sat outside... The view was beautiful. Right on the pier. Amazing. The food and service were excellent. Just what I was looking for to impress some non-Bostonians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Outdoor DiningMarycoDined on 10/3/2013This is a lovely spot to sit outside on a nice day and enjoy the harbor, people watching and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, poor wine listPucciDined on 9/30/2013good food but not great. I had swordfish, it was tender and fresh - but so covered in butter even before the sauce that, it seemed like salmon; the steamed rice was also nice but covered in butter. the side vegetables were absolutely delicious though. the choice of wine by the glass was truly pitiful - cabernet, sauvignon, pinot grigio, chardonnay - I felt like I was looking at a list in a pub (in England) and it's not meant to be amusing nor a compliment - I pointed out to the waiter that I heard they held a wine festival at the place, he explained that it would be from the (French?) restaurants 2 floors up, which has an amazing wine list; shame they didn't see the need to let it trickle downstairs. Service was excellent and welcoming.Special Features: