Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
70 Rowes Wharf
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roweswharfseagrille.com/
- Phone: 6178567744
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Breakfast Buffet: Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am -11:00am;
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Afternoon Tea Daily: 2:30pm - 4:00pm
(Please call for reservations in advance)
Bar Bites Daily: 2:30pm-4:00pm;
Dinner Daily: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Bruce
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Rowes Wharf Sea Grille is perfectly situated where land meets sea at the most picturesque spot along the Boston waterfront. Chef Daniel Bruce’s vision for the restaurant celebrates the sea—inventive seafood dishes artfully presented, and a contemporary space with design accents that mirror the ocean beyond the windows.
- Private Party Contact: Elias Akiki 6178567744
- Special Events: We do not take reservations for outdoor dining. We will try to honor all requests, but can not guarantee specific seating.
A word from Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille is perfectly situated at the most picturesque spot along the Boston waterfront. Chef Daniel Bruce’s vision for the restaurant celebrates the sea—inventive seafood dishes artfully presented, and a contemporary space with design accents that mirror the ocean beyond the windows. For great food, harbor front views, lively conversation and an upscale yet comfortable atmosphere, look no further than Rowes Wharf Sea Grille, located at the Boston Harbor Hotel..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (114)scenic view (113)special occasion (64)romantic (50)great for lunch (37)fit for foodies (36)great for brunch (24)good for groups (23)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- Great drinks!GreekMusesVIPDined on 7/6/2014The cocktails were particularly delicious and the salads very good. Plus nothing beats dining outside by the water on a Sunday morning.Special Features:
- good but expensiveSundaymanVIPDined on 7/2/2014food and service were quite good. side door seemed to be a passageway to the hotel lobby and that was annoying. A cappuccino at $6.50 seemed to set a record price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable placePrincess61Dined on 7/1/2014I went there for my anniversary For the first time and everything everyone was so pleasant great staff too, the views where beautiful A little expansive but well worth it I will go again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enjoyable DinnerbostongatorDined on 6/29/2014Recently dined here on a Sunday evening (8:30) with a party of 6. The restaurant was less than half full, but not surprisingly as the food is on the expensive side. We ate outside and enjoyed it very much. The view was awesome, and the service matched this. I had the Clam Chowder which was a generous bowl and was delicious. My meal was the grilled Grouper, and while the fish and sides were very fresh, I feel like the fish could have used slightly more seasoning. I can definitely see myself returning to Rowes Wharf Sea Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014We were a group of 6 --- everyone loved their meals. Service was excellent. We will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherMollymotoDined on 6/27/2014Food was substandard at best. The only good thing here is the outside patio with the music. We left after appetizers and seeing the food coming out. The guests on either side of us were not happy.Special Features:
- TracieDined on 6/25/2014An absolutely beautiful room (the wait was too long to dine outdoors) with very attentive wait staff. Although the food presentation was lovely, I thought the tastes rather ordinary. Beautiful, fresh oysters! A bit overcooked scallops with rather bland cauliflower purée. Thank you for preparing the lovely chocolate surprise for our birthday guest! I would definitely return and try for an outdoor table this time. Thank you!Special Features:
- great atmosphere, bad fooddinnerdivaDined on 6/24/2014When we first sat down, my husband and I said we should come here every week, because the atmosphere in the summer with the Summer series concerts is fun and lively! The menu looked so good and we were so sorry that it was much less than good. We started with oysters which were decent, but then we got the lobster and squid ink pasta for an app. which was soggy and bland, we then each got an entrée, the sea bass which was decent but not delicious, and the duck, which was 4 small pieces, and just not that flavorful. We ended with the hot chocolate cake which was small but delicious, that was the only thing we can say that was actually tasty! Maybe we ordered the wrong things, but sadly, we will probably only return for drinks and dessert.Special Features:
- Rowes Wharf Sea GrillLiz34Dined on 6/22/2014My friends and I were there to celebrate our friend birthday. Extremely disappointed. Beautiful water view, but we were too busy discussing how boring, and overpriced, and empty it was. For such a location they need to update their menu and add more flavor to their seafood. The only good thing, was our server. I'll not go back or refer it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great view, meh foodwakawakawakaVIPDined on 6/22/2014The food was meh, but the views of Boston's waterfront are fantastic (although it is much colder back there than in front of the hotel. Bring a sweater.)Special Features:
- Breakfast with a viewBostonDinerDined on 6/22/2014Great views, nice ambiance, good breakfast menu with a buffet breakfast option, attentive staff. Very nice meal. Had a reservation, outdoor seating area was only half full, but we were told we'd have to wait 20 mins for an outdoor table for one to "be set" - inside table immediately available at a window, so our disappointment was only momentary, but now we know to specify an outside table when making the reservation. The outdoor area never filled up in the time we were there, so a little confusing as to why that option could not have been readily available. But a nice experience overall. Five stars in general, four overall because of the outdoor seating issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CT visitorsCTcoupleDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant is very classy, but when we walked in I was wondering why it was so empty on a Saturday night. When I got my food, it all made sense. I was shocked at how horrible the food was. Overcooked scallops, soggy tasteless risotto... Other people at my table had food that looked comparable to the quality of a cheap wedding. You would think that Sea Wharfe would have amazingly fresh seafood, but the "chef" ruins it with improper cooking and a bland palate. The food is definitely overpriced!! So dissapointed!!Special Features:
- SufromMedfordDined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed a great family dinner at the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille. Nice atmosphere, great food, friendly waitstaff!Special Features:
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014overpriced and underwhelming ...boring flavor and not worth the money.
- Rowes Wharf Sea GrilleBostonLuvtoDineDined on 6/20/2014The wait staff has always been attentive; The hostess (s) get special recognition (s) from me as they were great in accommodating my requests for seating inside the restaurant, and outside as well; very friendly and extremely attentive--their services were well rendered, and much appreciated. Thank you!Special Features:
- great food and musicAbbeSDined on 6/19/2014Came early to sit outside and was not disappointed. Food great, service great, live music great. Did not feel rushed. Will come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the wharfRandyJVIPDined on 6/19/2014The water view and ambiance of sitting on the wharf deserves better food and service. The service resembled an Easter egg hunt with young servers scrambling through the many tables with no particular predetermined route or purpose. I give kudos to the guy who served me water. I saw him more than I saw the waitress. My Beefeater martini turned out to be Grey Goose...because that sounds the same. Not. The haddock was nice but the fries were prefabs I've had them a thousand times in restaurants across the country. All in all, I wouldn't return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/17/2014Parking fee was insane of $45 I will not go back because of that. I was there 1.33 hours and that price is the highest in BostonSpecial Features:
- Sunday secretMaestroDined on 6/15/2014Looking for a nice dinner with a great view? Boston Harbor Hotel on a Sunday evening is perfect! The business people come on Monday, the tourists leave on Sunday after brunch and that leaves plenty of tables overlooking Boston Harbor for SUnday dinner. Not bad at all!Special Features:
- grimesDined on 6/13/2014Everything was perfect. Noise level was high because it was raining and guests who normally would have dined outside, dined in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real mixed bag!RIKJDined on 6/11/2014We arrived about 20 min early and were seated us outside as requested. The wine arrived and the server mixed them up but we got that straightened out. When the meals arrived they gave me my wife’s halibut and she got my cod. We paid with 2 credit cards. Mine was OK but my friend received someone else’s card and bill. The server took it and returned later with his card and assured that it all was correct. Later that evening I got a message that our reservation was cancelled. The next day my friend checked his credit card statement and found he was charged appropriately for half of our bill plus $240 for someone else’s. He contacted Rows Wharf and they corrected it. I also called about the cancellation. It was good but overpriced.Special Features:
- Great service, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We took my Mom here for a birthday dinner... a party of eleven persons. The valet and servers were excellent. The food was mediocre at best, portions were small, but that's ok if the food is fantastic. It was not. Good place for a drink and the terrific view.Special Features:
- special occasion at Sea GrillSkier24Dined on 5/17/2014I made the reservation 3 weeks in advance with special request for a table near the window as my parents were driving all the way from Maine to celebrate a significant birthday.. When I arrived (15min early to make sure everything went smoothly) there was no table near the window available. They offered to seat us outside, luckily it was a semi-warm day. It took 15 minutes. They sat us right by the cashier's station where my 80yr old father was consistently bumped as the waiters walked by. The service was slow, The filet mignon overcooked and they overcharged me for the wine. I did not ask for a correction in the bill as i didn't want to upset my guests, but i will never return again.
- The following 621 reviews are from the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille reviews archive.
- Fabulous LobsterFoodFanVIPDined on 5/11/2014I was dining alone and the waiter did a great job keeping me company while not hovering or being intrusive. The food was fabulous; it's no surprise New England has a reputation for the best seafood in the world. The baked lobster was the single best seafood I have ever eaten. It was nothing less than spectacular. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Just no goodJojabaDined on 5/11/2014Nothing was good... Bad service, bad food~ too badSpecial Features:
- PatathomeDined on 5/10/2014We liked the atmosphere. We found the food moderately priced. However, our martinis were not cold and needed ice. The service could have been better. We would come again.Special Features:
- too long a wait!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/21/2014We had reserved our table for 6:30 and when we arrived there were only a few other customers. We ordered a simple meal, but had to wait until 7:45 before it was served. Quite a few people did come in around 7-7:15, but we should have been served well before that. Food ok, but not worth waiting over an hour for.Special Features:
- Extremely DissatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I found the service & food to be subpar at Rowes Wharf Sea Grille & I would NOT recommend this establishment to anyone. My dinner was bland & my salmon overcooked. One of the women I was with ordered the red snapper & when the man from the kitchen staff brought out the food he served her cod. After explaining that was not what she ordered, he took the fish back. The waitress then brought the SAME dish back & told her it was red snapper. She took one bite, determined the fish was indeed cod, & sent it back for a 2nd time. The waitress then came out & said we are actually out of red snapper & served you halibut instead…which was not true, as another woman in our group ordered the halibut and the two were not similar in appearance.
- A nice surpriseChefduSkiDined on 4/20/2014I would usually choose a place like this knowing that it's on the water and the food can be a bit secondary. Was pleasantly surprised during our last visit with friends from out of town. All of the seafood dishes were top notch. Not necessarily earth shattering but high quality and a decent value considering the high end venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!sunshine4usDined on 4/20/2014We were looking for a nice place to have a dinner/lunch on Easter. We did a search on Open Table looking for a bright, water view restaurant-Rowes Wharf Sea Grille is one of the restaurants our search brought up. It more than met our expectations for quality, service and atmosphere! We did not know there was a special Easter Brunch, so we ate in the dining room on the first floor - after eating, we discovered the second floor brunch and were given a private tour by Chef Bruce - the harbor view from up here was magnificent and the food looked amazing. We plan to return for one of their special occasion brunches. I believe they offer them on Easter, Mother's Day and Thanksgiving. Thank you for the tour Chef Bruce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!dominiloca1Dined on 4/19/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and we both absolutely loved it! The service was awesome and the food incredible! We were both very satisfied and very happy.Special Features:
- Great dinner in BostonKirkoDined on 4/17/2014We took our college age son, his roommates, and our teenage children to this restaurant. Great ambience and you the bay. Lobster was removed from the Shell which was a great relief to my son as he is a little squeamish about cracking ia lobster!. Fish was fresh, well prepared without overpowering sauce or glaze. Excellent attentive service and valet parking was only $12!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sceneMassfloorcaresDined on 4/11/2014My first time at Rowes Wharf, I love, love the scene,it's beautiful especially when sunset. The food I give a 3 because my is over cooked, dry and seems like it was reheated. I love the appetizers and the deserts. QSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston strong spotMassmunchDined on 4/6/2014This place is located in a special spot with views of the harbir, gazebo and nestled in the gorgeous Boston harbor hotel. The food was so well prepared and chef Bruce delivered delicious tasteful seafood dishes. My party of 4 left there with a an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate....JillGDined on 3/30/2014Unfortunately, we were in Boston for a rainy, dreary weekend. Rowe's was not far from our hotel and my husband saw the gorgeous views it had and thought it looked nice for lunch. With ~8 employees milling around in the restaurant, it took them more then 10 minutes to seat us and just as long for someone to check in on us. We were delivered bread and butter....with a hair in it. And then after 30+ minutes, our meal came and my husband had a long hair through his sandwich. We called it a loss and left. Thankfully, the restaurant did the "right" thing and did not charge us for our food. We will not be back there again.
- Always goodjujiDined on 3/28/2014I went there for Restaurant Week which is always a good deal. There were three choices in Appetizers, Entrees and Desserts - all good. Best of all was the chocolate cake with vanilla icecream. The portions were good and so was the service. For me it's a neighborhood gem as I live close by and there's always a friendly, low key atmosphere.Special Features:
- Another Excellent MealCLD1VIPDined on 3/28/2014We had a wonderful meal at this restaurant again. The wait staff is wonderful and their service is superb. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we would returnRoddyDined on 3/28/2014food was great - service was excellent; lovely evening for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rowes Wharf Sea GrilleabruzzoDined on 3/27/2014I ate here for restaurant week and it was a very good deal..I had the filet mignon and it was very tender and just right and am not generally a meat-eater but it almost melted in mouth. Including more vegetables would have made it perfect. The salmon ravioli appetizer was quite inventive as I have never had anything like that and the presentation was very elegant. would definitely recommend for restaurant week or any occasion.Special Features:
- Not very good for the pricePerfectDined on 3/23/2014The service was EXCELLENT however for the price, the food wasnt up to par. It was good, but not great for the expense.Special Features: