Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
70 Rowes Wharf
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.roweswharfseagrille.com/
- Phone: 6178567744
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Breakfast Buffet: Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am -11:00am;
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Afternoon Tea Daily: 2:30pm - 4:00pm
(Please call for reservations in advance)
Bar Bites Daily: 2:30pm-4:00pm;
Dinner Daily: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Bruce
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Rowes Wharf Sea Grille is perfectly situated where land meets sea at the most picturesque spot along the Boston waterfront. Chef Daniel Bruce’s vision for the restaurant celebrates the sea—inventive seafood dishes artfully presented, and a contemporary space with design accents that mirror the ocean beyond the windows.
- Private Party Contact: Elias Akiki 6178567744
- Special Events: We do not take reservations for outdoor dining. We will try to honor all requests, but can not guarantee specific seating.
A word from Rowes Wharf Sea Grille
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille is perfectly situated at the most picturesque spot along the Boston waterfront. Chef Daniel Bruce’s vision for the restaurant celebrates the sea—inventive seafood dishes artfully presented, and a contemporary space with design accents that mirror the ocean beyond the windows. For great food, harbor front views, lively conversation and an upscale yet comfortable atmosphere, look no further than Rowes Wharf Sea Grille, located at the Boston Harbor Hotel..Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Rowes Wharf Sea Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (109)scenic view (109)special occasion (61)romantic (46)fit for foodies (38)great for lunch (36)good for groups (24)great for brunch (23)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- A favorite in all seasonsnoankpearlVIPDined on 10/15/2014We took advantage of a beautiful fall day to have lunch outside at the Sea Grille - what a great decision! The fish dishes in particular are always fresh and excellent, and the staff cheerfully accommodates requests for slight revisions. Pricing is fair for such a lovely environment, not obnoxiously exhorbitant. It was a wonderful experience and we found it hard to leave! And despite the demand for outdoor seating on such a lovely day, the staff did not push us to leave.Special Features:
- Last night in New EnglandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014On our last night, after two weeks in New England, we chose the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille at the Boston Harbor Hotel for dinner. The restaurant is in a good location with a great view of the water. The restaurant is stylishly decorated and has a relaxed ambience. Our service was attentive, friendly, knowledgable and very efficient. To start, we had the bacon wrapped figs & shrimp which was delicious. The salad was plentiful and the fish (salmon and haddock) excellent, the wine list is full but expensive. Overall it was one of our more expensive holiday dinners but for a special occaision well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous spot, great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We had a family lunch celebrating a birthday. The service was magnificent, without being overbearing. Food was wonderful. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Great views of Boston Harbor.Special Features:
- surprisingly poor servicespartyDined on 9/28/2014way too slow and the waiter had attitude. For the money not worth itSpecial Features:
- Just ok.Out2eatDined on 9/27/2014Food was good, not outstanding. Too pricy for what was served.
- Rowes Wharf Sea Grille Delivers!Clarabelle66VIPDined on 9/21/2014Over the past year, I have been to the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille at least ten times. I enjoy bringing family and friends to this lovely waterfront restaurant because of the great view from the terrace, the delicious food, the wonderful service, and the lively (and free!) concerts in the summer. My favorite entrée is the halibut, and I really enjoy the Wharf Manhattan, too. 😊 And their mashed potatoes are delicious! Jon and Jeisson are the best waiters ever....attentive, warm, and knowledgeable about the menu. Restaurant Manager Phil Huber displays the same professionalism and warm personality, and he goes out of his way to greet diners and seek feedback. You can't go wrong dining here.Special Features:
- Good dining on harborFfodeDined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent. Service was great. Views are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurenoankpearlVIPDined on 9/17/2014The Sea Grille is reliably enjoyable in any season. Usually we sit outside at this time of year, but the chilly harbor breeze led us to request a table inside, yet by the window. Food was delicious as always, and the grilled fish selection is always a rewardingly healthy choice. Service was a tad slow, but we were in no rush.Special Features:
- Mark EllisMarkAE56Dined on 9/15/2014The service was very good--optimal, polite. The calamari were outstanding. The grilled fish entree was small, but fine, although the rice accompaniment was uninspired--just white rice on a plate. The glowing write-up on the chef caused me to expect more. Having just come from the Martingetti wine tasting, I was sated on wine and only had water with dinner. In the future I will certainly avail myself of the cocktail menu and wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right place, right timeBeefstuDined on 9/9/2014Took some out of town customers. They loved the food, service and view. Great night.Special Features:
- Great Lunch!DuxGirlsDined on 9/4/2014This is one of our favorite locations in Boston, spectacular harbor views! The seafood and fresh vegetables were delicious! We highly recommend this spot for lunch in the city. A great meeting spot for lunch with good friends.Special Features:
- Simply excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014Went on a Sunday night so wasn't crowded. Service was outstanding and food was absolutely delicious. Cocktails are well crafted - also delicious. Sat outside on a nice, warm night to enjoy the harbor view and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeJamesDined on 8/30/2014The Sea Grille is a great place to eat outside, right on the water, and watch the world go by. That being said you pay a premium for the view but with uninteresting cocktails and a just ok wine list. The food was actually pretty good but the menu itself isn't too interesting and lacks creativity. For a hotel bar/resturaunt on the water the Intercontinental is infinitely better right around the corner. Plus they have a French restaurant, Oyster Bar, and great cocktails. I even like the view better there anyways. Service at Sea Grille was ok but imprersonal, definitely more of a transaction for them than an experience.Special Features:
- Happy dinerokayJ25Dined on 8/30/2014For dining on Boston Harbor this is a tough location to beat, the scenery is great. The starting fresh bread basket is well prepared and unusually good. The chop salad was excellent with a nice variety of of veggies and contrasting kalamata olives; the kale-ceaser salad was a little more mundane. The clam chowder is for true clam lovers. The clams and mussels on pasta was first rate (although the sauce was a little too rich for my personal tastes - my wife loved it), the salmon in a tomato sauce looked stunning to look at, but in flavor the sauce was disappointingly bland. The deserts were wonderful - we had a blueberry mousse, really magical, and the key lime pie - great re-interpretation of a classic - lean cuisine it is not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist trapFoodsnobDined on 8/27/2014Disappointed to say the least. I made a reservation to sit outside as we were there to watch a band and we were sat 1.5 hrs later than I requested. The food was bland. If I am going to pay 28 dollars a plate, I would like it to taste like it deserves to be at that price point. I would have been much happier running across the street to panera and eating a bacon turkey bravo on the steps. Atmosphere was fantastic, severs were nice and the hostesses were young idiots.
- Just PerfectVeryPleasedDined on 8/26/2014Perfect lunch, outdoors on a sunny day with mild ocean breezes shaded by a large umbrella, excellent service, fresh wonderful sea bass - couldn't have been nicer. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great viewItravel4aliving2Dined on 8/21/2014I love this restaurant for the great food, and the service. The best part of this restaurant is the view. Outside seating is preferred for the best experience. Make sure you have reservations as the restaurant fills up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sherryDined on 8/16/2014excellent seafood - the lobster was cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- disappointedvittoDined on 8/14/2014yes I did say "disappointed" ... hostess, waitress and the staff were all very pleasant, we ordered our drinks they were fine, my wife had a cosmopolitan, I had a rusty nail ... we ordered an appetizer, Shrimp wrapped in bacon with figs, Shrimp and Bacon showed up, Figs took a walk, ... my wife ordered pan sheared Scallop's with Spinach & garlic which was OK nothing to get to excited about, I ordered cod with rice and Spinach & Garlic, ... Cod was tasteless nothing to enhanced the flavor, BLAND/BORING. I figure if I can prepare food better than what I'm being served it's a failure. desserts were a complete failure.Special Features:
- summer concert seriescoronaandlineDined on 8/12/2014We went to Rowes for the summer concert series, not really the food. Of course the wait is long but when there's music playing, do you really care? Don't go starving and your wait problem will be solved. The music and atmosphere is fantastic. I would suggest ordering bottles of wine as the cocktails are expense and the waiters are really busy. If you don't want a crowd or noise, sit inside. It looked like those people get sat immediately anywaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice evening by the waterDisappointedDined on 8/11/2014My mom is visiting Boston and I wanted her to enjoy the Boston Harbor music series. The waiter was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Even though, they couldn't find my reservation, they were able to accommodate me. My only wish, was I had known we could order a burger. My daughter very much wanted one, and was a bit disgruntled when the person sitting next to us was being served a burger. I understand how you may not want to advertise this as an option. But it was the only thing that put a damper on the evening. Grumpy teen. The crispy fries, clam chowder (not too heavy) and oysters were great.Special Features:
- Beautiful Day!BuzzknitDined on 8/9/2014Had lunch with a good friend and we were hoping for a perfect day and we got it. We had reservations (but they only take them for inside), but requested an outside table and were seated outside right away. Being outside on such a beautiful day was great, the only thing is the tables are quite close together - so you do feel a bit crowded, but other than that it was a nice lunch and so wonderful to sit outside.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Fantastic food, ambiance and outstanding service! A little pricey, but worth it!!Special Features:
- Might be OK indoors but not outsideSuz363Dined on 8/8/2014We made a reservation through OpenTable only to discover that reservations were not accepted for outdoor seating. We waited 45 minutes for a table and then were stuck in the corner by the waitstaff access area. We had a crying baby on one side of us and a table of drunk people on the other side. Our waiter was a fine waiter but he had way too many tables to cover. The food, once we got it, was delicious. It might have been better to eat inside.
- knitzyDined on 8/8/2014The ambience won me over. We sat on the deck overlooking the wter. Food (we both had the lobster roll) and cocktail (passion fruit margarita?) were also quite tasty. The service left something to be desired. Our waiter was often nowhere to be found, and more than once we had to ask other waiters/servers for things, or to help find our waiter. Not what I'd expect for a place with average entree priced around $26.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Best Views Great MemoriesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/6/2014If you have 2 days to spend in Boston, then you need to spend at least 1 day/night at the Boston Harbor Hotel and eat one or more of your meals at the Sea Grille. Views are unmatched, service is exceptional, and food is exactly what you want for you, your family, or your clients. You can work off any of the delicious calories you consume at the hotel's gym (frequented by pro hoop/hockey athletes competing at the nearby Garden), or by walking to the city's financial, government, shopping or historical/cultural centers. They arguably have the best concierge, wait, bar, spa, and gym trainer staff in the city. In the summer, outdoor music and movie nights are magical!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great ambiance, delicious food, generous portions. I loved everything about this restaurant. Perfect for a romantic dinner. Try to get a table in front of the windows the view is gorgeous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist RestaurantMichaelDined on 8/1/2014The fish was very fresh and nicely done but everything was either packaged, or frozen, or both. Bread was packaged, sugar snaps so stringy you couldn't eat them and even the basmati was packaged. Least impressive restaurant of the 4 we visited while in Boston. Unimpressive wine list.Special Features:
- mediocre, overpricedhomeCookingDined on 8/1/2014Service was a bit overly dramatic. Prices were higher than they should have been even for this location. Almost empty on a Friday evening.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceMfsmith140VIPDined on 8/1/2014I lunch at the Sea Grille at least 3-4 times over the summer. Fish is always great. This time, despite the abundance of wait staff, the service was terrible. I had to ask the host twice to send a wait person to take our order. People who were seated well after we were were served well ahead of us. Had to ask for check and waited over 10 minutes for it to be processed. There are plenty of places to dine alfreso. Sea Grille needs to get their act together.Special Features:
- location! food ok, bad parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014great outdoor lunch spot. fish sandwich very good, crab & bibb salad very good. lobster roll just ok, especially given the $26 price. don't mind paying for it, but somewhere like neptune oyster bar it is worth every penny. this one really was just ok. brioche was stale and lobster didn't make up for it. service was good. we valet parked and they told us to get validated. when we went to leave restaurant told us they only validate after 5 pm. parking ended up being $48 for a few hours!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful LunchEmmaDined on 7/31/2014I enjoyed lunch indoors while looking out at the water. It was so delightful as it was quiet, excellent service and the food was delicious. I had the lobster roll and it was wonderful and the French fries were incredibly crispy.Special Features:
- Great experience!JohnnyDDined on 7/29/2014I went on a date on a Tuesday night during the summer and I could not have been happier with the overall experience. The service was great as our waiter was cery helpful about everything on the menu. The food was delicious as we got the scallops and the halibut. The mojito and margarita also come highly recommended as they were refreshing and sweet. The only inconvenience I had was since i made the reservation through open table I was unable to communicate that I wanted to sit outside to enjoy the live music. I showed up at the time of reservation and they said it would be another 45 min. Luckily, we were on the waterfront and just went to Tias for a couple drinks. Overall, we loved the place and will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014as expected very pricey. Depending on one's emphasis-food quality, quantity, ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday eveningSatdinerDined on 7/26/2014Perfect day and perfect spot for dinner Saturday evening. Great views of the harbor. Outdoor dining very comfortable with great service. Food was excellent. We recommend Sea Grille and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousRobinVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went here last night to celebrate my friends Birthday. I can't say enough great things!! Food was excellent, service impeccable from the hostesses to the busboys. The view is insane and our table on the patio was in the perfect spot. We are already planning our return visit!!Special Features:
- Outstanding Service w/View to matchKarenCDined on 7/25/2014We had a fantastic dining experience 6/25/2014 when celebrating a birthday. We arrived 45 minutes earlier than our reservation & were graciously greeted & given a choice of sitting inside or out. We chose inside, and were seated at the harbor-facing windows. Gorgeous view of the harbor. Apps: Mozarella cheese & Plum Tomato salad and Hearts of romaine w/Kale salad. Both generous portions & very tasty. Entrees: Filet Mignon and Swordfish (steak) dinners. Filet & Swordfish were each perfectly cooked. To-die-for dipping butter w/Swordfish. Whipped potatoes were tasty.Rice was blah.Veggies were uninteresting = Order sides you like. Dessert: Key Lime Pie & Vanilla IC. Staff put candle in IC to acknowledge bday<-FUN surprise. Service=IMPECCABLESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the HalibutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Dinner was excellent and enjoying the well prepared food outside while listening to the band was really enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why pay this much?EatingOutATreatDined on 7/20/2014There was no one in the restaurant and we felt that everyone knew something we didn't - You're paying too much money! If money's no object, the food was quite good.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedLennyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Quiet terrace atmosphere with a calming water view. Over packed lobster roll . Bolongnese was very good. Brussels sprouts not so good. Overall we were happy and will return . Although we ate outside, the inside looked inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.