Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
122 North Second Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.compassarizona.com/
- Phone: 6024403166
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Lounge: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dominic Vaccaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Compass Arizona Grill has a lounge area with the same fabulous views that can accommodate up to 100 guests for a private reception-style function. The area can also be used for a sit-down dinner for 50 - 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Marcie Snook-Cook 6024403166x
- Special Events: Reverse Happy Hour- 9 pm to 11 pm - Sun-Thu
$5 House Wine
$5 Well Drinks
$7 Signature Cocktail of the Day
- Cross Street: 2nd & Adams
- Public Transit: Light rail stop at 3rd ST & Washington when heading Westbound or Central & Adams when heading Eastbound
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 2 hours complimentary parking in Regency Parking Garage, located on west side of 2nd Street between Washington and Adams - Be sure to bring your parking ticket to the Compass for validation.
A word from Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
The Compass Restaurant is the only rooftop-revolving restaurant in all of Arizona. They offer breathtaking views, mouthwatering food and impeccable service. Celebrate each and every holiday with the Compass Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (145)special occasion (129)romantic (119)notable wine list (43)neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (22)late-night find (19)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great place.Dal2Dined on 5/30/2014Awesome views, hidden secret, great food. Be sure to ask how you would like salmon to be cooked. Wife ordered and it was medium rare, server stated this is how it is cooked, server never asked how she wanted it to be prepared. Server asked about how I wanted steak prepared. I mentioned this to server, she stated this is how it is prepared, she would buy dessert. Funny thing is we were celebrating her birthday, dessert was free anyway. Server even mentioned that once she brought the dessert. I would definitely recommend, just be sure to tell how you would like prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely experienceNandSDined on 5/25/2014I made a reservation for a special occasion, and the Compass Grill made the night. The servers were kind and accommodating, the food was delicious and the view was spectacular. The time between courses was a little lengthy, but overall dining at the Compass Grill was worth it.Special Features:
- Good atmosphere not so good serviceTruereligionDined on 5/23/2014Loved the atmospher and view however we had reservations and they wanted to sit us at a table that had a view of people eating directly in front of us when there were many open more disirable and private tables available. We did finally get one of those tables but it took pursuading to get the tables. Other guests had to do the same thing. We also had poor service waited fifteen minutes to get our first cocktail. Recommend view but that's it.Special Features:
- Great Time!luckynightDined on 5/22/2014The floor spins slowly so you can enjoy the scenery, for taking to my girlfriend and remnice about thingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerSDCastro52010Dined on 5/21/2014My boyfriend and I just ate here for our 4 year anniversary. It was a very nice and romantic atmosphere. If you like fruity/yummy cocktails I recommend the Scottsdale Flirt martini. We both had the sirloin with the homemade mac and cheese. Steak was a bit overcooked, but the homemade mac and cheese was to die for. Probably the best homemade I have ever had. All and all a good dining experience. Our waitress was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Best view I've seen in AZLibertysDined on 5/20/2014I took my team here for dinner during a conference. Apps, wine and soup/salad course were great. Main dishes just ok. Wonderful view and rotating is always fun in a restaurant!Special Features:
- Great ServiceShellDined on 5/18/2014My husband and I came here for our 25 wedding anniversary. We were very pleased with the service and food. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- The following 1202 reviews are from the Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix reviews archive.
- Food alright, but great service!azafrodinerDined on 5/17/2014On a date with my girlfriend to celebrate our anniversary. The appetizer veggie pizza was alright, though I've had better at restaurants in scottsdale. The main point of this place was for the view. It also wasn't that romantic when you have a bunch of screaming girls on prom night next to you ruining the mood. Order a pasta stroganoff but it tasted uncooked - luckily the staff and manager were friendly and refunded the dish.Special Features:
- The evening was delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014We were knocked out by the service, food,the wait staff, the delicious food and the novelty of the rotating view. I have a hearing issue, the staff placed us in a very comfortable setting and the price was perfect for our budget. We I'll come and bring out families with us on upcoming occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed PatronOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014We have been several times to the compass. This visit did not live up to our expectations. Our steaks were under cooked and instead of redoing them. We were given the original steaks over cooked. This is not what we have grown accustom to from compass. This will be the last visit.Special Features:
- scathingscathingDined on 5/11/2014Most of the food was cold. You ran out of ice cream. It took a good half hour to get our champagne. The women taking reservations on the phone was rude. The price was ridiculous for what we received. I have no intention of ever coming. I have more than enough characters and you are not counting.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BruchnOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2014My family really had a good time. They do a terrific brunch. I wish they had brunch more oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly excellentdenxDined on 5/11/2014A great view of the City at night, in the daylight the adjacent building roofs aren't really designed to be viewed. The floor plan and brunch layouts are awkward but doable. Buffet service is excellent. Buffet selection is limited and not really commensurate with the price. There are better brunchs at lower prices but they don't have the view. The absence of complimentary valet parking is a black mark on an otherwise pleasant experience.Special Features:
- CozydinnerDined on 5/10/2014Was seated right after we arrived, staff are friendly and attentive to your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceLuv2dineDined on 5/8/2014Had an awesome waitress. Never had to ask for anything especially drink refills. Food was great and tasty and served fast. Great place for special occasions and the surroundings were really pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a really nice time.twoodDined on 5/4/2014Great place to sit and relax with someone special. It was fun looking at the view & quiet enough to enjoy each others company. Great date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The staff was courteous and reasonably prompt. The food was very good. I had scallops and my wife had the salmon. Portions were larger than I had expected. The food was very good, not as amazing as the prices would dictate but very good. The ambiance of the restaurant is great for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightMileHighMemberDined on 5/3/2014On a whim, my wife and i decided to go out to eat. At 5pm we jumped on open table and made a reservation for 730pm the same night. We were pleasantly surprised by the restaurant and the views. We were hoping to see the sunset over dinner but because the restaurant takes 55 minutes to make a full rotation, we ended up on the opposite side of the tower when the sun was actually setting. I guess it couldn't be perfect, but it sure was close. Food was great as well as the service. Don't forget to get your parking validated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prom NightpromnightDined on 5/3/2014I came here with my Prom date. Both of us were treated very well and we had a window seat. We enjoyed ourselves and especially the view. It was better being stuck at a 2-person table staring at walls. It was an outstanding choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review - Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The ambience was excellent. The seating was a little tight and difficult getting in and out (for restroom breaks). We had four adults and two children (11 and 9), and the kids just loved seeing the city from the windows. The service was excellent and our server was patient with our needs.Special Features:
- Nice views and fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014The Compass Arizona Grill has wonderful views of Phoenix as it rotates 360 degrees from the 24th floor. We had reservations at 7:30pm and we were promptly seated next to a window. The calamari had a nice flavor but a little heavy on the breading. The steak with Mac n cheese was very good and filling. The Mac n cheese was deliciously rich. the second entrée was a pork chop on top of some type corn meal bread (unsure of name) , it was different but another tasty entrée. The waiter was very good. Actually the entire staff were friendly and personable. The place is a little pricey but overall we enjoyed the dining experience. The food was very good, the service was excellent, the views are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014I had an awesome experience at the restaurant. The staff was very accommodating. I made a request and they were very excellent in taking care of our request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Search of Fine Food and ServiceFoodieDined on 4/27/2014We went to the Compass Grill for our anniversary. We had reservations and even though there were empty tables we still had to wait 15 minutes to be seated. One couple that also had reservations asked to wait in the lounge and were told that it was full. It looked like it only had 4 people seated in it. A couple came in after them and was allowed to sit in the lounge. We were seated at a nice table by the window. The view is good at night. The drinks we ordered took a while to get there but were good. The Roasted Beet Salad was perfect. We both had a steak and for the price it was dry and a little tough. I don't think that we will return, for the price there is better quality food and service.Special Features:
- Some good some badXXOODined on 4/27/2014I ordered a beet salad. It was advertised as beets, pears, arugula and feta. The beets were OK but old. The pears were tough. The arugula was huge, overgrown, tough spinach (not arugula), smothered in dressing. maybe it had feta in the dressing. Unable to tell. Also, ordered chicken which was delicious and tender and perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Best choice I've made in some timeLoneyDined on 4/27/2014It was my sisters 70th birthday and she is a retired exec chef from the Ritz Carlton: not too many places you can take her and have rave about food, service and ambiance. Rave she did: great food, creative chef, fabulous views, gracious wait staff.... THNX to all envolvedSpecial Features:
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014Me and my husband had a great time here we came here to spend our 5 yr anniversary and it was amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SaverGilbertRealtorJamieDined on 4/21/2014Some how I always put to many expectations on our anniversary. When we arrived at the location it is impressive. that alone may have saved the night. Then you ride the elevator to the top floor and at that moment we felt spoiled. Upon entry to the restaurant we were greeted promptly and with grace. We were seated immediately as we arrived before the dinner rush. The view is breathe taking and then you spin around for an ever changing view of phoenix and its surrounding cities. I am a Gilbert AZ Realtor and enjoyed this experience thoroughly. Note to the men out there I made a reservation but I feel if you are there during the week you will not need a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fulfilling brunch worth the priceTasteverythingDined on 4/20/2014Lots of meats! Lots of desserts! Lots of sides! Lots of mimosas! The short rib needed help, it was dry and over cooked. The ham was wonderful! The other food was good. No regrets. Great service. Very accommodating staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The potato-leek soup was amazing and the Bibb lettuce salad was refreshing. The table was split on the monkfish – one person thought it was great, but another felt that the tastes didn't quite mesh. Everyone loved the flat iron steak. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceJeffDined on 4/18/2014After living in the valley and seeing the restaurant for over two decades now, I took my mother to the Compass AZ Grill when she visited from San Francisco over Easter weekend. It was an incredible experience seeing Phoenix from such a perspective. It felt like our waitress "team" were there just for us and the food was purley gormet. The salmon and sea scallops were comparable to any from my past. The rotating room creates an experience that was so special, and I was overcome with such a relaxed feeling. After dining for about 1 1/2 hours, it was hard to leave. Can't wait to plan my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phoenix Favoritejmx2Dined on 4/18/2014The food is good, but not exceptional; but the service from "Jerry from Ohio" and her assistant was among the finest that we have experienced. As per our request, the salmon was prepared medium rare, exactly as we Pacific north westerners prefer and it was delicious. It was disappointing to discover that the view we fondly remembered from years past has changed. The growth of high rise buildings obstructs all but the western vista. For the most part we were looking into the windows of neighboring office buildings as we slowly rotated. Despite that, it still has a romantic mystique that merits special occasions.Special Features:
- Great view, food and staff!GoodReviewDined on 4/17/2014Before booking my reservation, I read a lot of good and bad reviews. I was a little apprehensive to take my wife for our 3rd anniversary. I decided to give it a shot because if anything, there would be a great view from the 24th floor. The food portions are somewhat on the small side for what you pay for, but if you add an appetizer (Caprese Flatbread was delicious) and the amazing cornbread that is provided for free will most likely leave you content. The staff was very nice and professional and service was great. Depending on how busy they are, you may have a little bit of a wait, but remember, chances are, you are with someone special so enjoy the conversation and the fantastic view. My wife was very pleased.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014My wife had wanted eat here for years, so for our 20th wedding anniversary I booked a dinner reservation with window sitting. We arrived and were seated promptly. Waitress came over asked for our drink order and within a few minutes we had our drinks and placed our dinner order. Food came and was very delicious cooked perfect. As we eat the restaurant began to rotate giving us a great 360° view of the city lights which my wife had never seen before. Overall experience was excellent and would recommend this venue to everyone to visit for lunch, dinner,drinks or dessert at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view is spectacular! WebeautifulDined on 4/12/2014The view is spectacular! We have lived in Phoenix for over 20 years & have never visited!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Nice PlaceSirHamiltonDined on 4/12/2014Great service, great Manager, great food and view, loved it!Special Features:
- THUMBS UPLUVDINROUTDined on 4/12/2014THE VIEW AND AMBIANCE ARE SPECTACULAR. THE MEAL WAS STARTED WITH A REFRESHING SALAD OF MIXED GREENS WITH GOAT CHEESE AND A FANTASTIC VINAGRAITTE FOLLOWED BY BEEF TENDERLOIN COOKED TO PERFECTION. THIS IS A ROTATING RESTAURANT ATOP THE HYATT HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN PHOENIX. VIEWS OF THE ENTIRE VALLEY WHILE ROTATING SLOWLY. THE ATMOSPHERE IS UPSCALE BUT NOT PRETENTIOUS...SERVICE IS ON THE MONEY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining In Downtown PhoenixfinediningphxDined on 4/11/2014As always, the Compass Room / Grill has met my expectations for a first class restaurant. This has been my favorite dining spot downtown. The food has been excellent and is the service. The view of the city adds that extra special touch for a romantic evening with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as the world turnsFriscoDined on 4/10/2014Great server and great table. Have wanted to dine here for quite some time. No pressure to rush through dinner. We could take our time and enjoy the experience. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place to watch the sunsetrjs5147Dined on 4/9/2014I recently just visited the restaurant for the first time and enjoyed myself on a first date with the exception of the steak. I will be sure to visit again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014Everything was great. Food, service, and atmosphere. Perfect place for a surprise and romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.