Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
122 North Second Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.compassarizona.com/
- Phone: 6024403166
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Lounge: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dominic Vaccaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Compass Arizona Grill has a lounge area with the same fabulous views that can accommodate up to 100 guests for a private reception-style function. The area can also be used for a sit-down dinner for 50 - 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Marcie Snook-Cook 6024403166x
- Special Events: Reverse Happy Hour- 9 pm to 11 pm - Sun-Thu
$5 House Wine
$5 Well Drinks
$7 Signature Cocktail of the Day
- Cross Street: 2nd & Adams
- Public Transit: Light rail stop at 3rd ST & Washington when heading Westbound or Central & Adams when heading Eastbound
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 2 hours complimentary parking in Regency Parking Garage, located on west side of 2nd Street between Washington and Adams - Be sure to bring your parking ticket to the Compass for validation.
A word from Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
The Compass Restaurant is the only rooftop-revolving restaurant in all of Arizona. They offer breathtaking views, mouthwatering food and impeccable service. Celebrate each and every holiday with the Compass Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (150)special occasion (137)romantic (120)notable wine list (44)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (22)late-night find (22)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014I have dined at the Compass Room before and had an amazing roast chicken. My entire party was disappointed at the quality of the food on our last trip. My food had no flavor, I ordered the Seared Pork Tenderloin. My Husband ordered the Filet medium rare and had to send it back....it was barely seared...very rare. For the amount of money we spent, we should have had a quality meal.....very disappointing. I don't think we will go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed for our anniversaryDatenightDined on 6/13/2014We went late on a Friday night for a glass of wine as part of our anniversary date. We had been before and we're glad to go again. The wine list is extensive but the server helped us pick the perfect wine. And we mentioned it was our anniversary. We received a complimentary dessert. And the plate was decorated with chocolate to say "Happy Anniversary". Nice touch. Great evening. We will certainly go back again.Special Features:
- Great First Date on Friday the 13thFullmoonfever13Dined on 6/13/2014This is the place to take a date for a great first impression. The place is quite, with great ambiance and romance. The food is phenominal with a spectacular view of the valley. Sunset is magical with the awakening of the city lights!!! Wow!!! Happy hour is from 9-11pm. A Phoenix must do!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's dinnerKeikelDined on 6/7/2014Took my wife here for her 46th birthday. It was lot first time and we were amazed the moment we walked in. The waitress was incredible and made our experience wonderful . The food was beyond incredible from the appetizers to dessert . The waitress even wrote happy birthday in chocolate on my wife's desserts along with a candle . We can't wait to go back for our 20 year anniversary . Definitely a 5 star restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I've dined at Compass AZ grill several times. Overall good experience. I was not aware that Comicon was happening during this time; so other than the additional noise that is normally not there, it was still a good experience.Special Features:
- Great DinnerLovedinningDined on 6/7/2014Went for my birthday. The food was great. We split our meals one sea bass and a steak. They were both great. Drinks were made well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsCatePhDDined on 6/7/2014If you're curious about geography and history, like quality food and service, the Compass Grill is for you. It combines a great atmosphere with good food and service, yet it does not sit back on its unique location and one of a kind view to carry you away. The service was personable, the staff was knowledgeable about the menu, and the ambience was what we expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best location for Dbacks fireworksEmigirlDined on 6/6/2014Excellent wine, food & dessert. Romantic setting, great views - added bonus with after Dbacks baseball fireworks display, superb customer service...perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening OutfinediningphxDined on 6/6/2014Compass Grill always a favorite for downtown fine dining. Winter menu better than summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLANTRustymaloneDined on 6/4/2014From the outside elevator ride to the hostess to the waiter and the food my hats off to you!!! The perfect dining experience. The salmon and Sea Bass was cooked to perfection. There would be no way to make this experience any better unless it was free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 35th Anniversary celebrationTkcVacDined on 6/2/2014Our sons all pitched in for us to go to the Compass. It was wonderful in all ways. Service, food etc was great, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1215 reviews are from the Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix reviews archive.
- Time and Time AgainsandDined on 6/1/2014This isn't the first time I have visited the restaurant and I am sure it will not be the last. I have come everytime for the celebration of my wedding anniversary and this time I was able to bring my cousin and his wife who were also celebrating their anniversary. We enjoyed it so much and they thought it was fantastic!! Thanks again for making our special occasion even more memorable.Special Features:
- Surprisingly GoodPCSkierVIPDined on 6/1/2014We had tickets to the Billy Joel concert at US Airways arena and I chose this restaurant for its proximity to the arena. I didn't have much of an expectation about the food but I thought the revolving view of the city would be interesting. It was and the food turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The menu is a little limited but what they serve is well done. My sea bass was very good. The service was good even though the restaurant was packed. It's a bit noisy because of all the glass. Don't think of going without a reservation.Special Features:
- Could have been betterjulieDined on 6/1/2014We had a group of 10. About half of us had a decent meal but the other half were served cold soup, uncooked vegetables and steak with no flavor. This time of year it may be best to wait until sundown to dine with all the windows. Many had to wear their sunglasses at the table! Not a great experience for the price point.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We had a wonderful time for our anniversary. We plan on coming back again soon.Special Features:
- Great AnniversarytopflightDined on 5/31/2014I surprised my wife on our 6th Anniversary with dinner here! 7pm perfect time to watch the sun go down, wonderful staff, our server was perfect. Food excellent, I got the Top Sirloin, like butter. My wife got the Sea Bass, amazing! They gave us a free dessert, with Happy Anniversary in chocolate around the rim of the plate, we got the Blueberry Cheesecake, outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view and excellent serviceDesertDinerDined on 5/30/2014The view was amazing! The atmosphere in the restaurant was great. The waiter and service was exceptional. We definitely plan to eat a the Compass Arizona Grill room again. And this will be a restaurant we plan to take out-of-town guests to when they visit us in AZ. This place was great. The salmon dinner meal was delicious, much better than other restaurants that I've ordered salmon at. The steak dish was comparable to other steak restaurants.Special Features:
- Great place.Dal2Dined on 5/30/2014Awesome views, hidden secret, great food. Be sure to ask how you would like salmon to be cooked. Wife ordered and it was medium rare, server stated this is how it is cooked, server never asked how she wanted it to be prepared. Server asked about how I wanted steak prepared. I mentioned this to server, she stated this is how it is prepared, she would buy dessert. Funny thing is we were celebrating her birthday, dessert was free anyway. Server even mentioned that once she brought the dessert. I would definitely recommend, just be sure to tell how you would like prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely experienceNandSDined on 5/25/2014I made a reservation for a special occasion, and the Compass Grill made the night. The servers were kind and accommodating, the food was delicious and the view was spectacular. The time between courses was a little lengthy, but overall dining at the Compass Grill was worth it.Special Features:
- Good atmosphere not so good serviceTruereligionDined on 5/23/2014Loved the atmospher and view however we had reservations and they wanted to sit us at a table that had a view of people eating directly in front of us when there were many open more disirable and private tables available. We did finally get one of those tables but it took pursuading to get the tables. Other guests had to do the same thing. We also had poor service waited fifteen minutes to get our first cocktail. Recommend view but that's it.Special Features:
- Great Time!luckynightDined on 5/22/2014The floor spins slowly so you can enjoy the scenery, for taking to my girlfriend and remnice about thingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerSDCastro52010Dined on 5/21/2014My boyfriend and I just ate here for our 4 year anniversary. It was a very nice and romantic atmosphere. If you like fruity/yummy cocktails I recommend the Scottsdale Flirt martini. We both had the sirloin with the homemade mac and cheese. Steak was a bit overcooked, but the homemade mac and cheese was to die for. Probably the best homemade I have ever had. All and all a good dining experience. Our waitress was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Best view I've seen in AZLibertysDined on 5/20/2014I took my team here for dinner during a conference. Apps, wine and soup/salad course were great. Main dishes just ok. Wonderful view and rotating is always fun in a restaurant!Special Features:
- Great ServiceShellDined on 5/18/2014My husband and I came here for our 25 wedding anniversary. We were very pleased with the service and food. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Food alright, but great service!azafrodinerDined on 5/17/2014On a date with my girlfriend to celebrate our anniversary. The appetizer veggie pizza was alright, though I've had better at restaurants in scottsdale. The main point of this place was for the view. It also wasn't that romantic when you have a bunch of screaming girls on prom night next to you ruining the mood. Order a pasta stroganoff but it tasted uncooked - luckily the staff and manager were friendly and refunded the dish.Special Features:
- The evening was delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014We were knocked out by the service, food,the wait staff, the delicious food and the novelty of the rotating view. I have a hearing issue, the staff placed us in a very comfortable setting and the price was perfect for our budget. We I'll come and bring out families with us on upcoming occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed PatronOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014We have been several times to the compass. This visit did not live up to our expectations. Our steaks were under cooked and instead of redoing them. We were given the original steaks over cooked. This is not what we have grown accustom to from compass. This will be the last visit.Special Features:
- scathingscathingDined on 5/11/2014Most of the food was cold. You ran out of ice cream. It took a good half hour to get our champagne. The women taking reservations on the phone was rude. The price was ridiculous for what we received. I have no intention of ever coming. I have more than enough characters and you are not counting.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BruchnOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2014My family really had a good time. They do a terrific brunch. I wish they had brunch more oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly excellentdenxDined on 5/11/2014A great view of the City at night, in the daylight the adjacent building roofs aren't really designed to be viewed. The floor plan and brunch layouts are awkward but doable. Buffet service is excellent. Buffet selection is limited and not really commensurate with the price. There are better brunchs at lower prices but they don't have the view. The absence of complimentary valet parking is a black mark on an otherwise pleasant experience.Special Features:
- CozydinnerDined on 5/10/2014Was seated right after we arrived, staff are friendly and attentive to your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceLuv2dineDined on 5/8/2014Had an awesome waitress. Never had to ask for anything especially drink refills. Food was great and tasty and served fast. Great place for special occasions and the surroundings were really pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a really nice time.twoodDined on 5/4/2014Great place to sit and relax with someone special. It was fun looking at the view & quiet enough to enjoy each others company. Great date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The staff was courteous and reasonably prompt. The food was very good. I had scallops and my wife had the salmon. Portions were larger than I had expected. The food was very good, not as amazing as the prices would dictate but very good. The ambiance of the restaurant is great for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightMileHighMemberDined on 5/3/2014On a whim, my wife and i decided to go out to eat. At 5pm we jumped on open table and made a reservation for 730pm the same night. We were pleasantly surprised by the restaurant and the views. We were hoping to see the sunset over dinner but because the restaurant takes 55 minutes to make a full rotation, we ended up on the opposite side of the tower when the sun was actually setting. I guess it couldn't be perfect, but it sure was close. Food was great as well as the service. Don't forget to get your parking validated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prom NightpromnightDined on 5/3/2014I came here with my Prom date. Both of us were treated very well and we had a window seat. We enjoyed ourselves and especially the view. It was better being stuck at a 2-person table staring at walls. It was an outstanding choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review - Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The ambience was excellent. The seating was a little tight and difficult getting in and out (for restroom breaks). We had four adults and two children (11 and 9), and the kids just loved seeing the city from the windows. The service was excellent and our server was patient with our needs.Special Features:
- Nice views and fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014The Compass Arizona Grill has wonderful views of Phoenix as it rotates 360 degrees from the 24th floor. We had reservations at 7:30pm and we were promptly seated next to a window. The calamari had a nice flavor but a little heavy on the breading. The steak with Mac n cheese was very good and filling. The Mac n cheese was deliciously rich. the second entrée was a pork chop on top of some type corn meal bread (unsure of name) , it was different but another tasty entrée. The waiter was very good. Actually the entire staff were friendly and personable. The place is a little pricey but overall we enjoyed the dining experience. The food was very good, the service was excellent, the views are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014I had an awesome experience at the restaurant. The staff was very accommodating. I made a request and they were very excellent in taking care of our request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Search of Fine Food and ServiceFoodieDined on 4/27/2014We went to the Compass Grill for our anniversary. We had reservations and even though there were empty tables we still had to wait 15 minutes to be seated. One couple that also had reservations asked to wait in the lounge and were told that it was full. It looked like it only had 4 people seated in it. A couple came in after them and was allowed to sit in the lounge. We were seated at a nice table by the window. The view is good at night. The drinks we ordered took a while to get there but were good. The Roasted Beet Salad was perfect. We both had a steak and for the price it was dry and a little tough. I don't think that we will return, for the price there is better quality food and service.Special Features: