Waldorf Astoria Laquinta Resort & Spa
49-499 Eisenhower Dr.
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laquintaresort.com/
- Phone: 7605644111x5725
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Nightly from 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Lunch: beginning October 2, 2014 Thursday - Sunday 11:30AM - 3PM
Dinner: Beginning October 1, 2014 open nightly from 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10pm Weekdays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Comfort Food, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Stephen Strrickland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Personal wines welcome, View, Wine
- Entertainment: Inka Kings Friday's & Saturdays 7pm to 10pm (Peruvian Music)
- Special Events: Please contact Michele Frechette
A word from Adobe Grill
Famed for its award-winning tamales, housemade tortillas and selection of artisan tequila; Adobe Grill is an authentic regional Mexican dining experience located at La Quinta Resort & Club in the Palm Springs area. Adobe Grill is decorated in a traditional Oaxacan motif, highlighted by a ten foot tequila display, a double sided fireplace with a mosaic finish. Sliding patio doors allow the dining room and outdoor patio to become one. Let our master tequilero create a signature margarita from one of more than 100 tequilas. On weekends, we feature live music on the open air plaza in the heart of La Quinta Resort; come relax and take pleasure in the one of a kind surroundings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Adobe Grill - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
Adobe Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (26)kid-friendly (15)special occasion (15)romantic (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Great location. ExcellentPlaza1974VIPDined on 6/20/2009Great location. Excellent view and food. Good service too. Check if there is live music before you book!!! Music can be very loud if you sit on the terrace and band is right out front!!!!Special Features:
- great music and dancing outdoorsFunfoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2009great music and dancing outdoors - good for kids - outdoor fireplace, fountain,Special Features:
- My family and I love AdobeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2009My family and I love Adobe Grill. Option to dine indoors or on outdoor patio with great view while enjoying local music groups. Service is exceptional and always with a smile, margaritas are exceptional. Would recommend classic guacamole served tableside, seared salmon, adobe grill combo and flan! Recently took the mothers in the family to Adobe Grill for Mother's Day. It was a great time/great meal had by all! Family favorite!!Special Features:
- The food was amazing especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2009The food was amazing especially the jumbo prawns and the tortilla soup. The service was prompt and friendly. The restaurant is located inside the beautiful La Quinta resort, so arrive early if you like and take some time to see the resort grounds and shops.Special Features:
- I was a little skeptical sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2009I was a little skeptical since it's a resort restaurant (captive audience), but I left pleasantly surprised. The food was very good and the service was outstanding. It's a little more casual than I expected, but it was perfect for what we were looking for.Special Features:
- We went to Adobe Grill toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2009We went to Adobe Grill to celebrate my 50th birthday, as it's always been my favorite romantic place in the desert. It started out as a nice dinner, until the women at next table (who brought young kids) let them start running around and socializing with another table of young men nearby and were shouting back and forth. It got VERY loud. It turned a what started out as a beautiful romantic evening at a nice restaurant into something that seemed more like dinner at Chuck e Cheese.Special Features:
- The setting is fabulous, theWaltonVIPDined on 4/11/2009The setting is fabulous, the food is ok, but the service is consistently horrible.Special Features:
- The restaurant was overbooked...weOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/11/2009The restaurant was overbooked...we ordered a combination appetizer platter. Most of the food on the platter(chicken flautas & empandanas) was burnt.Special Features:
- Overall, we had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2009Overall, we had a great time & would go back. Our waiter was lacking & had we more time, we would have talked to the manager. Our issue with him was that he was constantly trying to "up sell" us to increase his tip. It was really obnoxious. He told us that the "house margaritas" were watered down & awful & that we needed to order the cadilac ones. We might have ordered the cadilac margaritas had he not said that, so, we tied to order wine. We had to choose a few bottles before we found one that the resturant had in stock. Please don't offer a choice if there really isn't one! That aside, the food was great!!! Especially the Carne Asada! The ambiance was really pleasant which almost makes up for the poor waiter. I would go back!Special Features:
- A pleasant find in a uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/10/2009A pleasant find in a unique area. The green enchiladas were excellent and all 4 in our group thought their meals were great.Special Features:
- Lovely Mexican restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/5/2009Lovely Mexican restaurant located in a spectacular resort. Good outdoor dining experience, made even more comfortable by heat lamps to keep the March chill out of the evening's air. Guacamole was excellent, as was the rest of the meal.Special Features:
- Great food but as with mostroysVIPDined on 2/28/2009Great food but as with most good mex food you get killed on the cost of margaritas. Resort setting is nice with outdoor entertainment. For the cost of the margaritas I could have had a good red elswhere. Suggest go for lunch and don't drink if possible.Special Features:
- We liked this restaurant moreOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/28/2009We liked this restaurant more when we were here two years ago. We requested the patio, but were seated indoors. The margaritas were very bland and the food had little flavor either. It was okay, but nothing I'd recommend. The best part of this restaurant is that is located inside the historic La Quinta Hotel, and that is beautiful.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2009We really enjoyed our drinks and dinner at the Adobe Grill. Bartender, Gabriel made special Margaritas that fit my required diet, and waiter Juan suggested menu items that were absoultely fantastic! We had dinner out 12 nights over our 14 day stay and would rate the Adobe at the top of our dining expenrineces in the Palm Springs area.Special Features:
- Good service, nice ambiance,MarsjackDined on 2/14/2009Good service, nice ambiance, pretty good food. Would go again.Special Features:
- Great Authentic-like "gourmet"weezer7612VIPDined on 2/13/2009Great Authentic-like "gourmet" Mexican food...warning:food is very "heavy"...so if you like to eat light/healthy this isnt the place for you! Great Mexican ambiance in resteraunt... great outdoor patio for dining...Special Features:
- thought the food was poorOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2009thought the food was poor and I ordered a Mexican dish, which you would have thought would have been great.
- Best Mexican food we've hadshoemavenVIPDined on 1/27/2009Best Mexican food we've had in the Palm Springs area. Beautiful setting and dining room. Service was friendly and efficient. The food was amazing. I felt as if I were dining in someones home.Special Features:
- This is our favorite MexicanAnnieVIPDined on 1/3/2009This is our favorite Mexican restaurant in La Quinta. We visit it every time we're in town. Tableside guacamole, amazing salads, great atmosphere, and a wonderful live band Thursdays thru Sundays.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely good!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/2/2009The food was absolutely good! I order the carne asada with cheese enchiladas. As soon as we were seated the chips and salsa were served immediately. Our waitress came to our table to take our order 5 minutes later. Our main entree came 40 minutes after the order was placed. We didn't want to eat only chips because we wanted to finish our dinner. I would go back again but be prepared for a long night. Our reservation was at 6:30 and didn't leave till 8:30 without ordering dessert.Special Features:
- The food was excellent howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/26/2008The food was excellent however the service was poor. We waited along time for our drinks (a beer and water)and she was supposed to bring us refills and never came back so my husband went to the bar. She didn't bring the bill or desert, my husband finally got aggrevated and asked for the bill.
- Great Fish Tacos. IncrediblyNewyorkstandardDined on 12/5/2008Great Fish Tacos. Incredibly fresh and delicious food! Sit outdoors. Weekends they have a live band that can be heard. A great atmosphere!Special Features:
- This was very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2008This was very disappointing after the wonderful meal we'd had a day earlier in the resort's Twenty6 restaurant right below Adobe Grill. The food was too heavily fried, the meat tough, and the overall quality just not up to the standards of the rest of La Quinta
- I was not very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/4/2008I was not very impressed with the flavor of the food and the margaritas were bland. Definitely not the best in the region as they bill themselves. The service was very unenthusiastic.
- Probably the worst MexicanRJHillDined on 6/7/2008Probably the worst Mexican food I have ever had since ultra expensive for tortillas and cheese. Food was cold, dry. Absolutely tasted like it came off a steam table. $30 added insult to injury. Felt like the server was only there to SELL, leverage the check total.
- THE SERVICE WAS LACKING, FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2008THE SERVICE WAS LACKING, FOOD TOOK ALMOST AN HOUR TO ARRIVE, MY CHICKEN ENCHILLADAS WERE COLD AND THE DINNER SIZE SALADS WERE MORE LIKE SIDE SALADS AND MY GUESTS COMMENTED THAT THEY WERE NOT THAT GOOD, ENCHILLADAS WOULD HAVE BEEN EXCELLANT IF THEY HAD BEEN HOT. THE GRANDE MARGARITA WAS EXCELLANT. PROBABLY WOULD NOT RETURN EVEN IF STAYING AT LA QUINTA SINCE NONE OF THE DINNERS WERE OUTSTANDING. THE ATMOSPHERE FOR THE OUTDOOR BAR/DINING AREA WERE GREAT WITH LIVE BAND BUT EVEN THOUGH WE HAD THE RESERVATION WE WOULD HAVE HAD TO WAIT 30-40 MINUTES FOR A TABLE OUTDOORS, SO CHOSE INDOOR DINING WHICH WAS EMPTY (AND MAY EXPLAIN THE LACK OF SERVICE)
- We like the setting of AdobenativeangelinoVIPDined on 5/30/2008We like the setting of Adobe Grill, with the outdoor patio and pleasant music. However, the menu has been "slimmed down" for the summer, dropping off several dishes (such as lamb and halibut) that were really good. The guacamole is great, as are the magaritas. I had beef/chicken/shrimp fajitas, which were OK (tortillas were fresh, but the fajitas were not served on a hot platter, but on a regular plate, which was disappointing). There were no specials, in fact it seemed like the chef was going through the motions instead of really putting an effort into the food. This place is just good, not great, and at $50 per person, it should be much better.Special Features:
- We were seated a full hourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2008We were seated a full hour AFTER our reservation time. The food was average. our waitress was overworked and unfriendly. Very expensive $17 for a margarita!Special Features:
- We were expecting spicy andteresahsVIPDined on 4/22/2008We were expecting spicy and savory Mexican food. What we got was bland and tepid. Even the margaritas were tasteless. Although, the service was very good and the atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:
- We took my parents to celebrateFritoDined on 4/20/2008We took my parents to celebrate their 70th Birthdays. We had an excellent time. This is our second time dining at Adobe, and will make a point of going again next time we are in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- We love Adobe Grill and eatAnnieVIPDined on 4/9/2008We love Adobe Grill and eat there every time we visit the desert. The patio dining is the best and the Inka Kings play there Wed thru Sun each week. Our kids love it, our friends love it, good food and huge margueritas. Very fun!Special Features:
- Surprisingly poor qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2008Surprisingly poor quality food and service; very slow and forgetful staff. Had to ask the hostess to find our waitress twice. Food arrived and was luke-warm. Generally unpleasant experience (my wife and joked that we would have gotten a better meal at Taco Bell and could have pocketed the difference). We are foodies and used to staying in upscale places like La Quinta, and this restaurant didn't measure up.
- I can't emphasize enough whatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2008I can't emphasize enough what a bad experience this was. First, the restaurant claimed to not have our reservation, even though I had an OpenTable confirmation. They also claimed they only had a table available inside, which, given that the outdoor seating is the restaurant's best feature, was horrible. Service was very slow and food was poor. Everyone in our party, including my 86-year-old mother, was disappointed. For Mexican in the desert, we're sticking to Don Diego's.
- Must cater to an expense accountBuzzerVIPDined on 3/6/2007Must cater to an expense account clientele. Drinks were small and weak. Food was fair, but expensive. Service was horrible. This place is resting on its laurels from the pastSpecial Features:
- lousy food stupid services incompOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2006lousy food stupid services incompetent management forget this restaurant!!