Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort
14 The Green
Woodstock, VT 05091Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.woodstockinn.com/
- Phone: 8024576671
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Greg Farrell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 side rooms that may be reserved for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: The Red Rooster - Restaurant Manager 8024576671
A word from Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort
The Red Rooster, reflects the essence of Vermont in its delightful satisfying dishes and relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant serves American cuisine with a casual sophistication, focused on the simple, fresh and natural culinary heritage of Vermont.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort - Best Restaurants in Woodstock ›
Red Rooster at The Woodstock Inn and Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (12)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (10)romantic (9)good for groups (9)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent meal and a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent meal and a nice valentines day venue....great service
- A Welcome Port In Any StormGramps09VIPDined on 2/8/2013If one must be stranded in a snowstorm, the Woodstock Inn and its Red Rooster are the places to be. Selecting from a varied menu, we enjoyed our dishes very much, and the service was very good.Special Features:
- WE are Celiacs and the restuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/27/2013WE are Celiacs and the restuarant is very aware of our food limitations and are happy to cater to us. The restuarant is quiet, intimate and very relaxing to have a very fine meal in. Something hard to find these days with all the loud music played in most.Special Features:
- Excellent food and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/12/2013Excellent food and friendly service in a resort that has been a family favorite of ours for decades. Mussels with fennel and chorizo were an outstanding appetizer, and the grouper special was excellent. The halibut dish also received rave reviews at our table.Special Features:
- Another excellent time atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013Another excellent time at the Red Rooster! Wife and I went for our 6 year anniversary, and had another wonderful expirience. We love the cheese fondu. The wine, and beer selections are wonderful, providing variety, and good flavor. I personally ordered the day boat scallops and lobster tail. It was good. The chedder sauce underneath was very tasty with the fish. However I did not enjoy the bacon mixed with what appeared to be spinach. It was every where and slightly over whelming. But an enjoyable expirence as always.Special Features:
- Nice use of local ingredientsshnhDined on 1/11/2013Nice use of local ingredients in inventive dishes. Friendly, professional staff.Special Features:
- They had a great selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/9/2013They had a great selection to choice from on the menu. I chose 2 appetizers instead of an appetizer and a entree. The cheese fondue was enough to feed four. The gnocchi dish was the best I have ever had. My husband said his pork dish was delicious. The soup and dessert were perfect. It was a superb meal.Special Features:
- Does not live upto expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2012This restaurant did not live up to its billing. We were very dissapointed with the whole experience. Understand it is the holiday week, but the place was not coping with the customers. Staff was unfriendly and unhelpful, except for the hostess (who did try and make an effort) the waitstaff was rushed and curt. Food was ok, but nothing special. We had to wait a long time between starters and entrees. Some of the sides were served after everyone was done eating, and when a comment was made to the waitress not an apology, but a shrug and rolling of the eyes. Shame but if you charge big city prices, one expects better quality of food and service. In the overall setting of the woodstock inn one would have higher expectations.
- Bravo to the Red RoosterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012We had a romantic, first Christmas dinner together at the Inn. The food was outstanding -- chowder, salad with the Inn's balsamic vinaigrette, Haddock encrusted with almonds, coffee and maple creme brulee. We plan to make this an annual event.Special Features:
- all the food was terrific!jceatsVIPDined on 12/8/2012all the food was terrific! service was attentive as well. the only negative was the drafty area near the window. we were originally seated there, and then asked quickly to move to a different area. after that, we watched 3 separate parties do the exact same thing. why do the hostesses keep trying to seat people there? seems like a sucker's bet.Special Features:
- Not much to write home about.TasterVIPDined on 12/7/2012Not much to write home about. A bit of a disappointment given the fact that this is the flagship restaurant of a good hotel. If it were not for its location they may not get the business they get. Not bad, but just fair and at the price point the value is not there.
- Ambience is good. ChildrenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2012Ambience is good. Children are allowed, which is nice. Food is mid to upperscale pricing. Chef does a great job in preparing the food - presentation of food is also very appealing.Special Features:
- We sat next to a couple thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012We sat next to a couple that were ordering food and taking pictures of everything they ordered. It was very distracting. I'm not sure why they were taking pics. it may have been their business. We ordered the lamb and the lobster/scallop dish. The lamb was a special and was very fatty. We love the Inn and will return again. Thank you.
- Very Good LunchJohnDined on 11/21/2012We were early for our lunch reservation but it wasn't a problem. The waiter was training a new employee and both were very knowledgeable with the menu and the Town's History. Our lunch was less expensive than a Glass Restaurant a couple of miles up the street.Special Features:
- Wonderful !!Paix22Dined on 11/16/2012The appetizers were outstanding -oysters and charcuterie plate--wonderful and full value. By the time our entrees came we were near full! I had the crab cakes and could only eat half of the 3 ! They were excellent as were the bean corn cassoulet. My husband had the swordfish and loved it.Would return againSpecial Features:
- Sunday brunch was deliciousLindaDined on 11/16/2012Sunday brunch was delicious and reasonably priced. Dinner overpriced and not up to my "4 star" expectaion. Husband's clam chowder was not very hot and filet mignon "OK".I had the swordfish special which had a bit too much going on;squash as a base definitely odd.Unfortunate that salads and side all a la carte when entrees are that pricey...Special Features:
- Fun time, Allagash White,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2012Fun time, Allagash White, Perseco, and fondu, cannot go wrong!Special Features:
- Great menu choices. StaffwoodyVIPDined on 11/3/2012Great menu choices. Staff were very friendly and made for a very enjyable evening.Special Features:
- Decor is cold and stark. DoesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/3/2012Decor is cold and stark. Does not fit level of cuisine and the price....Total lack of ambience.Special Features:
- The staff was so friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012The staff was so friendly and always helpful. Service at the Red Rooster was great and the food was spectacular! Our room was one of the nicest we've have ever stayed in. Clean, and wonderfully appointed. The lobby offers cozy seating and a huge open fireplace that was always burning. Lovely gift shop and Tavern add to the charm of the hotel. Shops downtown are quaint but a little pricey. If you're looking to relax, this is the place to go!Special Features:
- Cheddar Fondue a MUST!NJ66Dined on 10/21/2012The food was delicious and the pace of service was perfect!Special Features:
- The food was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2012The food was outstanding, everything was very fresh and artistically presented. Unfortunately, our server did not seem interested in our table. She performed her job and that was it. She did not check on us throughout the meal, in fact at times we felt like we were a bother to her. The Woodstock Inn is beautiful and we enjoyed the atmosphere of the Inn very much.Special Features:
- For our 10th wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2012For our 10th wedding anniversary we made reservations a week in advance but much to our surprise we could not get a reservation until 9 pm on a saturday night. At 11am the day of our reservation we stopped to see if there were any cancelations. We were told there were none. We happily returned at 8 pm for a drink at the bar and to checked with the hostess.. We were sat at 8:45 to find that there were 6 empty tables just in the main dining area . Hum? The dining room is chilly and has constant blowing allthough the server was good, polite, and the food excellant (bit of a wait but worth it).Special Features:
- I would not recommend thisLessieVIPDined on 10/8/2012I would not recommend this restaurant for dinner. The waitress was cold and didn't smile at all. Then we waited over an hour for our meal to come out! She blamed the kitchen, even though she didn't bother to check in with us during that hour wait. I won't go back!
- Location, location, location!RichardDined on 10/7/2012Location, location, location! Woodstockl is such a pretty town, and the Inn is a magnificent site. The dining room is handsome and quiet, the service excellent, the food very good but not spectacular, but with the freshest of ingredients tied to the season and to local Vermont producers.Special Features:
- Such potential. Nice space,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/6/2012Such potential. Nice space, pleasant service (but for the completely expressionless hostess), good cocktail and wine list, and the food is on fact somewhat inspired comfort food. Our only real problem was that the execution of the food lacked the finesse needed to make it memorable and worth the price (and a return visit). The short rib was a nice idea, with good flavors, but just a bit dry and the sauce cloying. The halibut, again, nice concept but overlooked and with a tough, dry crust that could have been crispy and delicious with a little attention. A perfectly nice meal, but not one we will be talking about going back for more.
- Red Rooster Lays an Egg ??GoodyDined on 9/29/2012We returned to Woodstock Inn (after ~5 yrs) strictly for the dining experience. The first thing noted was the pleasant renovation of hotel lobby and restaurant (4 years ago) and a nice bar for a somewhat quiet pre-dinner cocktail. I would prefer if bar was more secluded from the hotel lobby. The Woodstock Inn overall is elegant to be sure. As for the Red Rooster, the Food and Service were OK, but not the OMG experience I was really hoping for. It was just "OK". Pricey too for the overall quality, therefore NOT really a good Value from my perspective. There are several good restaurants in the Woodstock VT. area; the Red Roster is but one of them. It would not be "top of my list" for area restaiurants to recommend to others.
- Good, but not great.DeadeyejoeDined on 9/29/2012Venerable inn, good food. Expensive. Good wine list. Hated the decor; should have been much nicer considering the reputation of the Woodstock Inn.Special Features:
- The main dish was fair butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2012The main dish was fair but lacking the sweet potato that was supposed to come with it and I had to tell the waiter twice that it was missing before he believed me and finally checked with the chef and brought us the potatoes. Also, quinoa was part of the dish and that wasn't mentioned. My husband would not have ordered the dish had he known. I had the oysters Rockefeller which were not cooked enough. Loved the Inn, not the dinner.Special Features:
- Service was wonderful, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012Service was wonderful, very friendly, happy people. Recommended great drinks, and food. Were accomedating to two people out for the first time in 2 years, after 2 kids, who got a little silly!Special Features:
- My family and I enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012My family and I enjoyed our experience there for Father's DaySpecial Features:
- Not very impressed - for thedonotneedanicknameVIPDined on 6/16/2012Not very impressed - for the high end restaurant of this Inn we expected more. Decor needs a refresher, food and sevcie were good but not memorable
- OystersGrouponVIPDined on 6/1/2012Dinner was great If you like oysters this is the place for them. The service was very very good. We will be backSpecial Features:
- I was really disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/20/2012I was really disappointed with my meal and menu at the Red Rooster. If I visited during the winter it would have been great but it was a menu full of root veggies and heavy meals appropriate for winter months. Since we visited at the end of May I would have thought they would have had a spring menu in place. Very disappointed.
- Very friendly, accommodatingNotAFoodieVIPDined on 4/20/2012Very friendly, accommodating service -- the waiter brought a fresh glass of wine from a different bottle when the first was bad. The pasta special was excellent, but everything else just adequate: uninteresting pea soup, good duck on strange nut and spaezle base, overly sweet standard apple crisp. Side dishes were $5 extra, so the entrees were even more expensive than shown on the menu.
- Jeff HermansonOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/14/2012It is usually a great place but we waited over an hour for our entrees and another 20 minutes for dessert. It also wasn't until about a 40-minute delay that we were told that the kitchen was busy and our entrees were "coming right up." Then, it took about another 20 minutes before we saw them. The restaurant did nothing to make up for it either. A discount on the bill or free dessert would have helped but the staff was largely unapologetic. We will not be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Although pricey, the foodBslawyer43Dined on 4/10/2012Although pricey, the food was great and the wait staff was very attentive. The entrees were large portions and there was no need to order salads or sides unless you wanted to leave the table stuffed to the gills.
- We stopped at the Red RoosterconcmaDined on 2/19/2012We stopped at the Red Rooster for lunch on our ride to Okemo in February with our 2 kids. The menu was extensive and the food was excellent. There were several items on the menu that intrigued us. The service was slow but not awful. With a name like the Red Rooster in a very charming town like Woodstock, I incorrectly envisioned a rustic, cozy tavern style restaurant. Unfortunately, the atmosphere is clinical and too modern for the town and the menu. Still worth a visit as the food was yummy.Special Features:
- Nice menu and well-preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Nice menu and well-prepared food. Good wine list. A far cry from the usual resort dining room food and ambience. Friendly, competent service.Special Features:
- Wonderful, romantic setting!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Wonderful, romantic setting! Service was exceptional and the food was out of this world! A+++Special Features: