701 W. Baristo
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.spencersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7603273446x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Wadlund
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering features Spencer's Four Star Cuisine prepared under the direction of James Beard Award Winning, Executive Chef Eric Wadlund, as well as custom designed menus for every conceivable special occasion on or off-site. Contact Leslie Lombino-Ridge (760) 325-2313 for your special event needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Spencer's offers special attention to private parties of all sizes.
- Private Party Contact: Leslie Lombino-Ridge 7603252313x
- Entertainment: Piano AM & PM as well as live entertainment on most holidays.
A word from Spencer's Restaurant
Spencer's Ambience is the perfect blend of stylish elegance and comfortable informality. Join us for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Brunch in our newly expanded indoor dining room or our award winning temperature controlled patio. Nestled at the base of the San Jacinto Mountains, Spencer's offers a popular Palm Springs tradition of culinary excellence featuring a fresh approach to classic American cuisine. Locally voted Best Breakfast, Best Sunday Brunch, Best Outdoor Dining, Best Gluten Free, Best Power Lunch, Best Wine List, Best Chef, Best Caterer and Most Romantic, Spencer's is Palm Springs' "it" place for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Spencer's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Spencer's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
341 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (265)special occasion (235)romantic (210)fit for foodies (151)great for lunch (151)great for brunch (149)neighborhood gem (146)notable wine list (92)good for groups (68)scenic view (55)hot spot (35)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- ExceptionalDen92116Dined on 7/16/2014Spencer's is the epitome of how restaurants should be....excellent food, excellent service, & the ambiance is unbeatable...all for a reasonable price of $38 per person which includes app eyeliner, main course, & desert......all choices are delicious!! If you've never been, you need to go....you'll become a regular there, trust me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!blueingreenVIPDined on 7/15/2014We never get tired of coming here... food, service, ambience was excellent as always. Love the breakfast menu, especially those huevos rancheros. One of the best restaurants in town.Special Features:
- ExcellentDanPSDined on 7/14/2014Still the best in Palm Springs. Food, service, ambiance ... it's all great.Special Features:
- Friend's RecommendtionNJVisitorDined on 7/14/2014Excellent preparation and presentation. Service was engaging and helpful. Overall an exceptional meal and very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWluvgreatfoodDined on 7/13/2014First time at Spencer's....now I understand what all the good reviews are about. Great ambiance, great service & great food...what more could one ask for? Prices are not out of line for the overall quality of the food and service.Special Features:
- great all aroundmisterzDined on 7/13/2014Best Benedict ever! Try the lobster! Fantastic service and great attention to.detail. treated like royalty. Never wanting for anythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014We go to Palm Springs two or three times a year, and always make a point at eating at Spencer's. No matter what we select, the food is outstanding. The service is great, and the live piano player, just adds to the ambience. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsValentines2014Dined on 7/11/2014My husband And I had friends for dinner and had a fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went for the soft shell crab!oldschoolVIPDined on 7/11/2014I went for the soft shell crab and was not disaappointed! It was excellent! Fine menu and very attentive service. Would certainly recommend.Special Features:
- Always superbSandyDined on 7/10/2014I have visited Spencer's on many occasions. It Is always excellent. Great atmosphere, and everything on the menu is great! I especially like taking friends who are new to the area! This place never fails to impress!Special Features:
- "Excellent Brunch!"DMcgrathDined on 7/6/2014Perfect restaurant for delicious meal. Fantastic food selections and dietary selections available. Our Brunch food was absolutely delicious! Presentation of our plated food was beautiful and delicious. We're planning another Brunch in few week. Chef Eric is Fabulous!!! Two-Thumbs Up!Special Features:
- gleiferlilo42VIPDined on 7/5/2014As always, all of our dining expectations were met.Special Features:
- Very IntimateRomanDined on 7/5/2014We wre looking for something different but good for breakfast. The atmosphere is very nice. You dine outside. However we were there on one of the hottest days of the year, but still found it to be quite comfortable. The atmosphere is very pleasant but has an aire of being romantic. Food was very well prepared. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Need to up date menu.SorgioDined on 7/4/2014We have been dining here for the past 10 years. The food is consistently good. The menu has been the same for the past 10 years. We would like to see a change and a little more creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much improved!RickyBVIPDined on 7/4/2014Started going to Spencer's in 2005 and loved it. But around 2012, something changed. Three times in a row, service was awful (we had a waiter whose accent was so bad, we couldn't understand him) and the food was mediocre (a cold soup served at room temperature and tasteless main courses). After a two year break, we thought we would try again. Our server was very attentive without being intrusive. The food was excellent. This is back on our list of restaurant favorites in Palm Springs! What a relief!Special Features:
- Way Over ratedwinendineDined on 7/3/2014A very disapointing experience, the best part evening was the valet service. Waiter was slow, food was bland, waited 20 minutes for a piece of banana cream pie. There are much better places in Palm Springs to enjoy your evening. Do yourself a favour and try somewhere else. Oh well live and learn. I had what they called Cesear Salad which was 4 leaves of Romain lettuce ( never had to use a knife and fork to eat a Cesear Salad before. My wife had the lobster appetizer which she only ate half of. It was tough chewy and had something that was green and quite hot in the ingrediants. I had the braised short ribs which were tender but had no flavour and were really quite bland. I wouldn't recomend this place to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Expensively overratedhealthy805Dined on 7/2/2014We may try it one more time because it's a pretty place with a lot of ambiance. The food however was expensive and not outstanding. Maybe It Was An OFF Night We HopeSpecial Features:
- Spencer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Our food was excellent and the staff was all extremely friendly and attentive. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good and OKjamesVIPDined on 7/1/2014The Cungpao Calamri has been great in the past, this time it had no heat and and was not chrisp. The soft shell crabs were terrable, but the twin 8 oz. Lobster tails were great and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Outstanding Lunch ExperiencepsguyVIPDined on 6/30/2014Spencer's is always consistently good. We dined for lunch and it was very refreshing sitting outside despite the hot summer afternoon. My partner and I had two of our favorites (grilled cheese with bacon and portabella mushroom sandwich). Both outstanding. But the best part is the service. We've never had bad service at Spencer's. They are one of the few restaurants in Palm Springs that know how to do it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceJannDDined on 6/28/2014Great setting, attentive service and wonderful food. We enjoyed the three course menu - great short ribs and wonderful fish options. We'll be back to enjoy the patio in the fall.Special Features:
- Spencer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014I was hosting some birthday friends. I have enjoyed meals at Spencer's in the past. This time was somewhat different. Two of us arrived early and were seated. The other two arrived shortly after we did and were told we weren't there. So we both waited in separate areas for 15 minutes before my friends realized we were there. The front desk screwed up. I have always been amazed at the attention and service at Spencer's. Not this time. Our waiter appeared only occasionally and had little personality. On numerous occasions, we waited for him to come. He also got the dessert order screwed up and no coffee refills. On the bright side, the food was great. The restaurant did comp our desserts because of the screwups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahi TartarejnpalmdesertDined on 6/28/2014Love Spencers, great food and service every time I go. Can't wait to go back hard not to always have the Ahi Tartare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good portionsBSquare73Dined on 6/27/2014The food was amazing, adequately priced, and the service top notch. We will definitely go back next time we're back in Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsJudikozVIPDined on 6/26/2014Spencers is the one restaurant in Palm Springs that is consistently wonderful, whether breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Excellent service never falters. I would eat there every day if I could!Special Features:
- Great Birthday Dinner2foodiesDined on 6/23/2014We made reservations at Spencer's on the advice of two separate couples. They had been here and loved it. Was a perfect spot for my birthday dinner. A bit too warm to sit outside but would be nice when it's cooler.Special Features:
- OUTDOOR DININGlilo42VIPDined on 6/23/2014Our experience was as always amazing, from the girls that greet everyone, to our servers, Chef Wadlund came out to visit with us. We find Spencer's to be one of our most favorite restaurants. Thank you for always helping us out. Sincerely, Lilo CooperSpecial Features:
- Just awesomeCabbyDined on 6/23/2014I took a date and it was perfect. We ordered the lobster and lamb. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwayshappyokDined on 6/22/2014took friends from out of town for their first visit to Spencers. They loved itSpecial Features:
- The Best in the desert!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014The dinner and the service were flawless. We will go back again.Special Features:
- One of Palm Spgs BEST!AZHuntressDined on 6/22/2014Whenever I'm in Palm Springs I ALWAYS visit Spencer's whether it is for brunch or a wonderful evening dinner. Their wine list is over the top and their food is exceptional. Recommended highly for anyone!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOccasionaldinerDined on 6/22/2014As usual, the food was really great... you just can't ignore the Brunch that they have available... They were very busy and so the speed of service was not %100 but at least a 85/90%. They are always friendly, and remember their customers! I have lived here 14 years... most of the staff stays a long time, so it really feels like family! I can't wait to go back... I paid last time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItelyseDined on 6/22/2014We love brunch at Spencer's. Always lovely and delicious. A great bet any time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spencer's makes it special!PSgalDined on 6/22/2014We took our 10 year old to celebrate her birthday with 4 adults for brunch and Spencer's was truly outstanding about making her feel special from the moment we walked in the door. They knew it was her birthday because I had noted it in our reservation through OpenTable and wished her a happy birthday immediately at the host stand. Our server asked her what special drink she would like for her birthday order and when she opened her menu there was a personalized "special sheet" wishing her a happy birthday by name. Later the server brought the sheet rolled up as a scroll for her to take home. They brought a dessert we had ordered with a candle and it was a lovely experience for the adults with mimosas and her with a gigantic birthday waffle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great TimekatgoesgrrrVIPDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I first came here 2 years ago after randomly finding it online. We were not disappointed, the food was fantastic, the service, the ambiance...Last weekend we returned to Palm Springs and of course had Spencer's in mind again for our "nice" dinner out. This time we asked for a table outside in the amazing courtyard surrounding huge trees and twinkling lights. There was also a nice view of the adjoining hotel and despite the obviously hot time of year, they have misters built into the ceiling and there's plenty of shade so it's actually pleasant to sit outside. Very romantic. We will be back again!Special Features:
- PilgrimageLADinerDined on 6/21/2014Every time we are in Palm Springs we are sure to dine at Spencer's. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Palm springs restaurantDissapointedDined on 6/21/2014I have been going to Palm Springs for over 50 years. I have eaten at most of the fine restaurants in the area. This was my first visit to Spencer's. They are located in rural neighborhood. If you do not know where to go you will not find them. The food was really well prepared. Generous portions and wonderful flavors. They have a Pix Fair menu for $38. It included soup or salad, entree and desert. It is a great bargain. The deserts were excellent. Try the banana cream pie. It is the best i have ever had. Spencer's was fabulous. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Bad ServicecparickVIPDined on 6/21/2014I have eaten here many times. They only have one good server. At least that I have had. That is Michelle. The others are not friendly and not good at all. I expect better servers from a restaurant of this caliber. My only explanation is poor management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014First time in Palm Springs and we were told we had to eat here. Could not have been happier. Food, service, atmosphere was all perfect. Get an old fashioned and then just sit back and enjoy the kung pao calamari, steak, meatloaf. Everything on the menu seems to be better than the last item.Special Features:
- MemorableDrGDRDined on 6/19/2014I made our reservation based on prior reviews. Spencer's met all our expectations! From the moment of arrival to departure we felt welcome and pampered. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.