Tabule on Yonge
2009 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4S 1Z8Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Middle EasternPrice: CAN$30 and under
Tabule on Yonge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tabule.ca/
- Phone: 4164833747
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tabule on Yonge
Located in the heart of mid-town Toronto, Tabule restaurant is an emerging hotspot, where taste surpasses expectation! Tantalizing aromas of the middle east, rich in its variety and an exotic blend of flavors that will delight your senses. Our attentive and knowledgeable staff always provides an exceptional service, which contributes to truly unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tabule on Yonge reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (102)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (52)great for lunch (37)great for outdoor dining (28)special occasion (26)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (15)romantic (13)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great PlaceGreggDined on 3/7/2014Great food at a great price. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Amazing food!foodie27Dined on 3/2/2014We ordered the hummus and fried eggplant for starters and that was just amazing. We thought it couldn't get any better than that, but we were wrong, the lamb chop and salmon kebobs were perfect. Amazing food, and great ambience as well. The waiters were really nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu offers a wide varietyLibelluleDined on 3/2/2014The menu offers a wide variety of choices, with many healthy options. All can find something they like on the menu and the restaurant caters to Vegetarian and Vegans. Overall the food was good but I was disappointed with the quality of the service. I will give it another try though.Special Features:
- THe best food, bar none!bobbyDined on 2/22/2014The friend who accompanied us, who has eated throughout the Middle East and in North America, says this is the most authentic and tasty Middle Eastern food he's had. He's even planning on returning to Toronto from the Laurentians in the spring, just to go there!!Special Features:
- Worst Service EverRachbadachelDined on 2/16/2014We came here for my birthday dinner and right away knew the service would be awful. My pregnant sister waited at the door for 10 minutes before anyone came to seat her. We waited half an hour before anyone came to take our order. He asked us what we wanted abruptly and we asked what kind of beer they had. He rudely told us to look at the drink list at which point we informed him we never received one. As soon as he handed it to us he assumed we'd be ready to order so it was really awkward and uncomfortable. We order a starter and requested more flat bread but it never came. We got our dinner before the drinks came. We were sitting there after dinner for 30 minutes before our server finally came back with our bill.
- Excellent food and great service!Luv2eatDined on 2/15/2014Excellent food and great service! The restaurant is small and the tables are very close. There is no space to hang one's coat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mddle Eastern food at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My husband I went to Taboule Restaurant for our Valentine's dinner. The place was crowded & it seemed that we were sharing dinner with the table at our right & left. We could hear them in detail. The food was amazing. Service was slow as it was Valenine. For sure we will go there from time to time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite lunch spotSacan50Dined on 2/14/2014This restaurant is close to my office so scores for convenience but it is also exceptionally good quality food and service. I have dined there. Three times now, twice at lunch and once for dinner. I have eaten inside in the winter and outside in the summer. The food and service quality has always been excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winterlicious DinnersailorDined on 2/13/2014Excellent middle eastern dishes all served in the traditional manner. When the restaurant is full, it can be a bit noisy but the food experience is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinterliciousElosDined on 2/13/2014We just tried a batch of their food, ones that made it to their Wonterlicious menu. It's predominantly middle eastern cuisine. Being middle eastern myself I can say it wasn't bad but not top of the line either. The service was very poor, but perhaps due to so many people they had for Winterlicious.Special Features:
- Our special occasionluv2eatDined on 2/12/2014Our daughter took us to Tabule's a few years ago and the name and food stuck in our heads. So when my husband's birthday came around, I asked him where he would like to go for his special occasion and he said Tabule's. Our taste buds never forgot the great food we had at this restaurant. The service was good, our table nicely placed but tight to get into. That's because the place was hopping for a Tuesday in the middle of winter. Would we return?? You betcha!! One doesn't need a winterlicious or summerlicious to have this great tasting food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being in love with the cuisinebatmanDined on 2/11/2014Being in love with the cuisine from my travels, my search for a great Middle-Eastern resto in the GTA goes on. I had a very pleasant evening at Tabule; overall the place has a very relaxed feel, which I like. The wait staff were very friendly and attentive to the needs of our party and didn't make us wait for drinks or food. As for the cuisine, things tasted good, but not spectacular. The ingredients seemed fresh and many of the familiar flavours were there, but nothing really popped for me. I ended up feeling like I'd eaten a healthy meal, which is one reason I love this kind of food. I'd probably go back, but I'll still be on the hunt for someplace that blows me away; this wasn't it.Special Features:
- Lovely Winterlicious LunchRAQASADined on 2/11/2014Three of us went to Tabule for lunch. We were promptly seated and although it was quite busy, the service for great. The food, as always, was delicious. I would go there over and over...Special Features:
- The food was tasty. The serviceImpressedDined on 2/10/2014The food was tasty. The service was quick and friendly. The restaurant had a nice Lebanese flavour to it. Overall a wonderful experience. Thank you Tabule!Special Features:
- Fun food experienceStreetcarDined on 2/9/2014We had a great middle eastern food experience at Tabule this weekend. The service was excellent and the food was great. Lots of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rush, rush, rushTweedsDined on 2/8/2014We booked a table for Winterlicious and as soon as we were seated we were told that because of that we had a two hour limit for seating! Not a very warm welcome to a new restaurant. Other than that the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mediterranean fare.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014I would recommend this restaurant for the different food variations other than the usual fare. Coming from a vegetarian, I was very impressed with the excellent choices as well as the delicious ways food is prepared. Tabule is a gem among the "off the beaten restaurant" path.Special Features:
- Great service, disappointing foodChordaeTendineaeDined on 2/7/2014We ordered from the Winterlicious menu and found it overpriced for the quality and quantity. The appetizers were decent but awkwardly sized (the eggplant was tasty but only three tiny slices) while the hummus/baba ganouj plate was much larger. The falafel balls were a little undercooked on the inside but very well-seasoned and pleasantly crispy on the outside. Our main, the chicken was good, nothing to write home about, but the plate was incredibly dry since it just came with rice and veggies. On the other hand, our server was excellent and attentive. Good wine and drink list (Try the Moroccan Brown Ale).
- Overall Happy!!!ArniDined on 2/7/2014The food was amazing. It was fresh, tasty and it had perfect amount of spice in it. I would definitely recommend this place. My friends and I went there for winterlicious event. The only complain that I have is the service. We were brought appetizers and a minute later the waiter came back and took away the food to the next table, saying they came first. It was the same appetizer as we ordered and we actually started eating a piece of the bread. I found it embarrassing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TasteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2014The spices flavouring the food at Tabule are energetic, interesting, unique and totally appetizing. I have been 5 times and have never strayed from ordering the chicken dish because I can't imagine anything could be more delicious.Special Features:
- Winterlicious LunchwenttotabuleDined on 2/6/2014I recently went to Tabule for lunch with a group from work (5 people). It was my first time there, the lunch was delicious, all 3 courses. Everyone at our table loved it. The food was well presented, and was plenty to satisfy us. Only one complaint is that the service was long, we were in there for almost 2 hours. I'm sure most of the patrons in there were on their lunch break so it wasn't exactly time to chill and chit chat. If the service was a little faster I would say it was perfect. I would still recommend it to anyone and would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mediterranean food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/4/2014Never having been before, I selected this restaurant (based on Open Table information and reviews) as a convenient meeting place for friends coming across Toronto. First great surprise was the number of choices for a Winterlicious menu, including a large selection of vegetarian. Everything was wonderfully flavourful in an 'authentic' mediterranean way. Everyone who dined with me expressed how much they each liked their various selections. We were seated before 7 pm on a early weekday evening, at which time it was pleasantly quiet so that we were able to catch up and chat. Because the tables are quite close, the noise ramps up considerably after 8pm and it is harder to talk and hear. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Tabule was a hit!OliviaDined on 2/4/2014Thank you winterlicious. I finally made it out to Tabule after wanting to try this restaurant for over a year now. The $15.00 price tag for lunch made it very attractive. I was very impressed by the food. Everything was wonderfully tasty and delicious. I had a plate of baba ghanoush, hummus, tabbouleh and falafels as my app, lentil rice, grilled veggies and a beautiful salad as my main. The dessert was a fresh lemon sorbet that finished the meal perfectly. My companion loved her food and was raving about it the next day, especially the warm dessert with phyllo pastry and rose water. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent and so healthy.ElizabethDined on 2/3/2014Always excellent and so healthy. So much food for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressed with TabuleInternationalFoodieDined on 2/2/2014I came here for 'licious and was not impressed by this restaurant. I heard good things about this restaurant from my friends and thought it would be ok to try it during 'licious with another friend who's never been here either. The food was mediocre while the service was ok. For Middle Eastern food, I can find better in Scarborough, Ottawa, Waterloo and downtown Toronto.
- The joint was hoppingAlwayslookin4gudspotsDined on 1/31/2014Maybe cuz if was the first day or Winterlicious- but the joint was hopping. Food was as good as always, but the Winterlicoous experience was lacking. Service was a bit hit and miss but ok (had to ask for a few things a few times). Not sure about value of Winterlicious menu (e.g. some combinations were no less expensive than on the main menu or you simply got a free dessert - plus it looked like the Winterlicious portions were reduced - not sure that is a good practice). May be better to avoid that period.Special Features:
- Very good healthy food optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014Tabule has really good and healthy food. It was nice to have gluten free options and quinoa in the tabule. The sausages were amazing, truly unique. They had delicious hummus. The only downside is we had made a reservation, which you would think would give you a good seat, but instead we were right at the front beside the door and the garage style wall, which meant it was freezing and actually snowing on us. Then when we asked to move we were put in between two other couples and it was really squishy. We didn't even realize that there was a whole other side to the restaurant. In general they might have too many tables and everywhere is a little too close for comfort. But the service was friendly and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Six of us went to Tabule forHelenDined on 1/18/2014Six of us went to Tabule for a Saturday lunch. Many of the menu items are basically tapas and we wanted to try a variety of dishes. Our friendly server was very helpful in suggesting what to get and how much. We had a mix of grilled skewers (kefta, lamb, chicken), some hot mezzes (fried eggplant; flash fried cauliflower; lebanese spicy sausage; falafels), and a plate of pita with 3 cold mezze as dips (babaganuj, tabule, labni). Everything tasted fabulous and everything had its own unique flavour. Nothing was overly oily either. We were too full for dessert, but our server had noticed evidence of a birthday in our group and brought us some lovely complimentary baclava squares. Overall, this was a very satisfying dining experience!Special Features:
- YummyFoodieMamaDined on 1/16/2014Great food. Went specifically because I was craving the cauliflower for weeks. the cauliflower portions could have been bigger. It's small compared to the other sides, apps and mains. Needs something with chocolate on the desert menu. Tabuli, falafel and main dishes were delish as expected. The meat is so tender and flavourful I had to force myself to stop. Needs some work with attentiveness of the servers. Maybe understaffed?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewDaveDined on 1/15/2014Great food and service, as we usually experience at Tabule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy MoroccanBubyJDined on 1/15/2014ok so my favourite thing was the mint tea made with real mint leaves in a petite samovar. Our wait staff were so friendly and accomodating. The food was deliciuos and reasonably priced. I had the grilled eggplant and the lamb shishkabob...delicious,and I am trying to count calories. My husband who hates noisy restaurants was very comfortable. What a nice warm place to come to on a cold Toronto evening. How DO they get so much flavour into plain,grilled eggplant. It is 9 am and I am salivating,looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot SpotBeahrDined on 1/11/2014The middle eastern food at Tabule is always amazing, but when the belly dancer comes out on Saturday night the whole place lights up! An excellent addition to a great meal.Special Features:
- Hadn't been to Tabule in quiteradiosDined on 1/6/2014Hadn't been to Tabule in quite awhile but forgot how good it was. Only complaint would be it was a bite cold but because of the outside temperatures it couldn't be helped. Would go back & recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as everluvfoodDined on 1/4/2014We've been to Tabule many times and it's always consistently good. Having been to many Middle Eastern restaurants, we found the food excellent - moist, great flavours. Truly an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tawuk chicken is veryscottDined on 12/31/2013The tawuk chicken is very very tasty. I also enjoy the kubbe (ground beef balls). Everyone in our group enjoyed their dishes. The belly dancing is especially fun to watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful mealJulieDined on 12/29/2013We went to Tabule for a birthday dinner and we had a great time. The waitress was excellent and knowledgeable about the food and made some suggestions for us. The bus boys were very attentive and were quick to fill up water, clear empty dishes etc. We all ordered something different and all of our meals were excellent - the fish and lamb were cooked to perfection. The only thing that made our visit slightly less than perfect was that the tables are a little tight and the family next to us was extremely loud. Tabule is definitely on our short list for restaurants in Toronto. Much better than average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RELIABLE - ALWAYS GREAT!FreddieDined on 12/29/2013Quality ingredients and friendly staff combine to make this one of our regular destinations for lunch or dinner. Great for snacks AND feasts. for a party with pizzazz, choose a "belly-dancer" evening.Special Features:
- Best middle east food in cityRapman58VIPDined on 12/28/2013and if you are lucky, there will be a hot belly dancer as well. Food is consistently good and reasonable. For an unassuming place, it is very popular, so make sure you have a res before you go. If you are a vegetarian, there are plenty of choices as well. Great for a casual night out with friends who like a tapas centred menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJoeythesDined on 12/20/2013Been going there for special occasions for years. Never been disappointed. Food is excellent. Service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoiceCS21Dined on 12/17/2013I keep going back and everything I order is great. My friends say "can we go back to that chicken liver place?" Make a reservation and be prepared to be glared at by the people waiting at the bar for your table as you linger over the excellent coffee.Special Features: