Tabule on Yonge
2009 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4S 1Z8Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Middle EasternPrice: CAN$30 and under
Tabule on Yonge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tabule.ca/
- Phone: 4164833747
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tabule on Yonge
Located in the heart of mid-town Toronto, Tabule restaurant is an emerging hotspot, where taste surpasses expectation! Tantalizing aromas of the middle east, rich in its variety and an exotic blend of flavors that will delight your senses. Our attentive and knowledgeable staff always provides an exceptional service, which contributes to truly unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tabule on Yonge reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (103)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (51)great for lunch (41)great for outdoor dining (32)special occasion (29)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (16)romantic (15)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Rush, rush, rushTweedsDined on 2/8/2014We booked a table for Winterlicious and as soon as we were seated we were told that because of that we had a two hour limit for seating! Not a very warm welcome to a new restaurant. Other than that the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mediterranean fare.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014I would recommend this restaurant for the different food variations other than the usual fare. Coming from a vegetarian, I was very impressed with the excellent choices as well as the delicious ways food is prepared. Tabule is a gem among the "off the beaten restaurant" path.Special Features:
- Great service, disappointing foodChordaeTendineaeDined on 2/7/2014We ordered from the Winterlicious menu and found it overpriced for the quality and quantity. The appetizers were decent but awkwardly sized (the eggplant was tasty but only three tiny slices) while the hummus/baba ganouj plate was much larger. The falafel balls were a little undercooked on the inside but very well-seasoned and pleasantly crispy on the outside. Our main, the chicken was good, nothing to write home about, but the plate was incredibly dry since it just came with rice and veggies. On the other hand, our server was excellent and attentive. Good wine and drink list (Try the Moroccan Brown Ale).
- Overall Happy!!!ArniDined on 2/7/2014The food was amazing. It was fresh, tasty and it had perfect amount of spice in it. I would definitely recommend this place. My friends and I went there for winterlicious event. The only complain that I have is the service. We were brought appetizers and a minute later the waiter came back and took away the food to the next table, saying they came first. It was the same appetizer as we ordered and we actually started eating a piece of the bread. I found it embarrassing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TasteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2014The spices flavouring the food at Tabule are energetic, interesting, unique and totally appetizing. I have been 5 times and have never strayed from ordering the chicken dish because I can't imagine anything could be more delicious.Special Features:
- Winterlicious LunchwenttotabuleDined on 2/6/2014I recently went to Tabule for lunch with a group from work (5 people). It was my first time there, the lunch was delicious, all 3 courses. Everyone at our table loved it. The food was well presented, and was plenty to satisfy us. Only one complaint is that the service was long, we were in there for almost 2 hours. I'm sure most of the patrons in there were on their lunch break so it wasn't exactly time to chill and chit chat. If the service was a little faster I would say it was perfect. I would still recommend it to anyone and would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mediterranean food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/4/2014Never having been before, I selected this restaurant (based on Open Table information and reviews) as a convenient meeting place for friends coming across Toronto. First great surprise was the number of choices for a Winterlicious menu, including a large selection of vegetarian. Everything was wonderfully flavourful in an 'authentic' mediterranean way. Everyone who dined with me expressed how much they each liked their various selections. We were seated before 7 pm on a early weekday evening, at which time it was pleasantly quiet so that we were able to catch up and chat. Because the tables are quite close, the noise ramps up considerably after 8pm and it is harder to talk and hear. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Tabule was a hit!OliviaDined on 2/4/2014Thank you winterlicious. I finally made it out to Tabule after wanting to try this restaurant for over a year now. The $15.00 price tag for lunch made it very attractive. I was very impressed by the food. Everything was wonderfully tasty and delicious. I had a plate of baba ghanoush, hummus, tabbouleh and falafels as my app, lentil rice, grilled veggies and a beautiful salad as my main. The dessert was a fresh lemon sorbet that finished the meal perfectly. My companion loved her food and was raving about it the next day, especially the warm dessert with phyllo pastry and rose water. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent and so healthy.ElizabethDined on 2/3/2014Always excellent and so healthy. So much food for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressed with TabuleInternationalFoodieDined on 2/2/2014I came here for 'licious and was not impressed by this restaurant. I heard good things about this restaurant from my friends and thought it would be ok to try it during 'licious with another friend who's never been here either. The food was mediocre while the service was ok. For Middle Eastern food, I can find better in Scarborough, Ottawa, Waterloo and downtown Toronto.
- The joint was hoppingAlwayslookin4gudspotsDined on 1/31/2014Maybe cuz if was the first day or Winterlicious- but the joint was hopping. Food was as good as always, but the Winterlicoous experience was lacking. Service was a bit hit and miss but ok (had to ask for a few things a few times). Not sure about value of Winterlicious menu (e.g. some combinations were no less expensive than on the main menu or you simply got a free dessert - plus it looked like the Winterlicious portions were reduced - not sure that is a good practice). May be better to avoid that period.Special Features:
- Very good healthy food optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014Tabule has really good and healthy food. It was nice to have gluten free options and quinoa in the tabule. The sausages were amazing, truly unique. They had delicious hummus. The only downside is we had made a reservation, which you would think would give you a good seat, but instead we were right at the front beside the door and the garage style wall, which meant it was freezing and actually snowing on us. Then when we asked to move we were put in between two other couples and it was really squishy. We didn't even realize that there was a whole other side to the restaurant. In general they might have too many tables and everywhere is a little too close for comfort. But the service was friendly and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Six of us went to Tabule forHelenDined on 1/18/2014Six of us went to Tabule for a Saturday lunch. Many of the menu items are basically tapas and we wanted to try a variety of dishes. Our friendly server was very helpful in suggesting what to get and how much. We had a mix of grilled skewers (kefta, lamb, chicken), some hot mezzes (fried eggplant; flash fried cauliflower; lebanese spicy sausage; falafels), and a plate of pita with 3 cold mezze as dips (babaganuj, tabule, labni). Everything tasted fabulous and everything had its own unique flavour. Nothing was overly oily either. We were too full for dessert, but our server had noticed evidence of a birthday in our group and brought us some lovely complimentary baclava squares. Overall, this was a very satisfying dining experience!Special Features:
- YummyFoodieMamaDined on 1/16/2014Great food. Went specifically because I was craving the cauliflower for weeks. the cauliflower portions could have been bigger. It's small compared to the other sides, apps and mains. Needs something with chocolate on the desert menu. Tabuli, falafel and main dishes were delish as expected. The meat is so tender and flavourful I had to force myself to stop. Needs some work with attentiveness of the servers. Maybe understaffed?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewDaveDined on 1/15/2014Great food and service, as we usually experience at Tabule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy MoroccanBubyJDined on 1/15/2014ok so my favourite thing was the mint tea made with real mint leaves in a petite samovar. Our wait staff were so friendly and accomodating. The food was deliciuos and reasonably priced. I had the grilled eggplant and the lamb shishkabob...delicious,and I am trying to count calories. My husband who hates noisy restaurants was very comfortable. What a nice warm place to come to on a cold Toronto evening. How DO they get so much flavour into plain,grilled eggplant. It is 9 am and I am salivating,looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot SpotBeahrDined on 1/11/2014The middle eastern food at Tabule is always amazing, but when the belly dancer comes out on Saturday night the whole place lights up! An excellent addition to a great meal.Special Features:
- Hadn't been to Tabule in quiteradiosDined on 1/6/2014Hadn't been to Tabule in quite awhile but forgot how good it was. Only complaint would be it was a bite cold but because of the outside temperatures it couldn't be helped. Would go back & recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as everluvfoodDined on 1/4/2014We've been to Tabule many times and it's always consistently good. Having been to many Middle Eastern restaurants, we found the food excellent - moist, great flavours. Truly an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tawuk chicken is veryscottDined on 12/31/2013The tawuk chicken is very very tasty. I also enjoy the kubbe (ground beef balls). Everyone in our group enjoyed their dishes. The belly dancing is especially fun to watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful mealJulieDined on 12/29/2013We went to Tabule for a birthday dinner and we had a great time. The waitress was excellent and knowledgeable about the food and made some suggestions for us. The bus boys were very attentive and were quick to fill up water, clear empty dishes etc. We all ordered something different and all of our meals were excellent - the fish and lamb were cooked to perfection. The only thing that made our visit slightly less than perfect was that the tables are a little tight and the family next to us was extremely loud. Tabule is definitely on our short list for restaurants in Toronto. Much better than average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RELIABLE - ALWAYS GREAT!FreddieDined on 12/29/2013Quality ingredients and friendly staff combine to make this one of our regular destinations for lunch or dinner. Great for snacks AND feasts. for a party with pizzazz, choose a "belly-dancer" evening.Special Features:
- Best middle east food in cityRapman58VIPDined on 12/28/2013and if you are lucky, there will be a hot belly dancer as well. Food is consistently good and reasonable. For an unassuming place, it is very popular, so make sure you have a res before you go. If you are a vegetarian, there are plenty of choices as well. Great for a casual night out with friends who like a tapas centred menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJoeythesDined on 12/20/2013Been going there for special occasions for years. Never been disappointed. Food is excellent. Service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoiceCS21Dined on 12/17/2013I keep going back and everything I order is great. My friends say "can we go back to that chicken liver place?" Make a reservation and be prepared to be glared at by the people waiting at the bar for your table as you linger over the excellent coffee.Special Features:
- The kunafa was great. ThehaneenDined on 12/16/2013The kunafa was great. The waiter was friendly. And the portion of the entrée was very filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.PreceptorDined on 12/12/2013We went there as a family of 4 with 2 kids. They took care of us very nicely, gave coloring books for the kids to keep them busy while food comes. The food was excellent. Salad and fries were fresh. Quantity was about right though more would have been better. All in all, value for money and wonderful dining out experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prefer Queen Street East locationPeanutDined on 12/11/2013We enjoyed our evening very much. The service and warmth shown when greeting people is much more evident on Queen Street location. Very pleasant though and I will return.Special Features:
- Great food!BasflkjlkjDined on 12/9/2013The table we sat at wasn't the best but the amazing food more than made up for it.
- Great experience. TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/4/2013Great experience. Terrific food and our server was incredible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very reliable Mideast restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/1/2013A very reliable Mideast restaurant with a few great dishes--especially their flash fried cauliflower. Generous portions, reasonable prices in a somewhat downmarket room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veggielicious reviewGillesDined on 11/22/2013Excellent vegetarian selection, not only on the veggielicious menu but on the main one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TabulestreetereaterDined on 11/19/2013Great middle Eastern food with interesting selection on the menu. Its a wide selection for both the adventurous and the timid eater. Service was great although they asked us to move from our table to accommodate a "little old lady regular who likes our table". Music adds to the ambiance and isn't too loud for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lebanese Food in TorontokitcanoeDined on 11/10/2013Along with the familiar items I expect to see on a menu at a Lebanese restaurant (falafel, hummous, baba ganoush) there are some wonderful and incredibly flavourful additions. The grilled eggplant is to die for: just melt in your mouth sweetness. Kibbeh crispy on the outside and subtly spiced on the inside. Garlic shrimp were huge, juicy and the sauce perfectly spiced. The biggest hit, however, were the fresh fruit juices. We had mint limeade and could have easily devoured several glasses. Service at the Yonge Street location is outstanding. We arrived after 7:00 on a busy Sunday evening. The restaurant was packed and I worried that service would be slow. It was prompt, efficient AND friendly. Just couldn't ask for more!Special Features:
- Food and FriendsYIPPEEKIEYEAHDined on 11/10/2013I made a luncheon reservation at Tabule to celebrate a birthday and the 6 of us sat to a fine array of appetizers that alone could have been the meal itself, yet we were not hurried, enjoyed our stay and proceeded to share some main dishes which were also very well done, very tasty and quite authentic for Middle Eastern cuisine. In all the experience was a very good one, and quite reasonably priced and if you look around the neighborhood there is plenty of parking on the streets surrounding the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lebanese food.ShahriarDined on 11/9/2013Good food. Good service. Nice belly dance. Hard to find a parking spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013Great food and great service. Never disappointed when I dine here.Special Features:
- Tasty food, poor serviceCustomerDined on 11/6/2013Our food was delicious, but with the exception of someone filling our water every 4 minutes (literally- it was overboard) service was terrible. Our waitress forgot our appetizer altogether, and never came to check in. We finally got her attention to request dessert menus, and yet she still never came to take our order. We repeatedly had to interrupt our meal to get up and find a server. The strangest part was that there were tons of waiter and waitresses at the restaurant! They just didn't appear to be workingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic middle eastern fare...Rapman58VIPDined on 11/5/2013Well prepared food and good service - if you like middle eastern type food and have done mezzetta and jerusalem, this is a step up from both - really enjoyed and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So nice I went back twiceElizabethDined on 11/2/2013After a prior great experience on Queen, I had to try the Yonge Street location. I went on a Saturday night and the room was packed & loud, but in a good way. So nice to see a full house! The food was great and the service was attentive. The belly dancing show was an added bonus. Esthetically, I prefer the look of the Queen Street location, by that's just a matter of personal taste. My only criticism reflects the positioning of the bar. Its location doesn't allow for a comfortable experience while sitting there, since it's rather cluttered, is used as the service bar, and has very little clearance behind it due to its proximity to the service area. I felt much more comfortable once I was shown to a table. All in all, I had a terrific time!Special Features: