Tabule on Yonge
2009 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4S 1Z8Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Middle EasternPrice: CAN$30 and under
Tabule on Yonge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tabule.ca/
- Phone: 4164833747
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tabule on Yonge
Located in the heart of mid-town Toronto, Tabule restaurant is an emerging hotspot, where taste surpasses expectation! Tantalizing aromas of the middle east, rich in its variety and an exotic blend of flavors that will delight your senses. Our attentive and knowledgeable staff always provides an exceptional service, which contributes to truly unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tabule on Yonge reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (103)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (52)great for lunch (40)great for outdoor dining (34)special occasion (29)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (16)romantic (15)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always goodBeahrDined on 6/16/2014Will forever return to Taboule - it's outstanding and not expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atrocious ServiceAussiePRchicDined on 6/14/2014Showed up for reservation and got a table on the patio which was empty despite it being a lovely night. We ordered drinks and appetizers advising waiter we would order mains after we had more time to look at the menu. After delivering our drinks and the appetizers, the waiter failed to show up to get our follow-up order. After waiting for 45 minutes with nothing to left to drink, I went inside and tracked him down and he said "sorry I didn't think you wanted to order entrees". Really? Absolutely appalling service and while not true to form, especially when owner is present, after being a frequent patron of this restaurant since it opened, I will definitely reconsider visiting Tabule again. Hugely disappointed.
- Great food, fun atmosphereMadgeDined on 6/13/2014Tabule continues to be a great place to go with friends for dinner. The food is very good with lots of choices to share. We always start with the sharing platter. The service is very friendly and for a busy spot, we never feel rushed. We keep going back because it is very dependableSpecial Features:
- LisakoVIPDined on 6/7/2014The food at Tabule is always great. Their chicken is so completely delicious. We sat on the patio this time though and were a bit neglected by the servers. They took really long to take our order, forgot our beers and long with the cheque.Special Features:
- Seated right at kitchen!Stickler72Dined on 6/3/2014Not sure why Open Table booking would seat us at the kitchen door, knowing this review would follow. Not served for 10 minutes. Food was good and moved tables during the course of the meal. Will never return nor recommend.Special Features:
- Amazing food!SeatsDined on 6/1/2014Never had a bad experience with the food here. I find the drinks to be a tad expensive but the food is incredible so it's totally worth it. Best falafel I've ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Falafel I've ever had!GeekedOutFoodieDined on 5/28/2014I stumbled upon this restaurant during Gluten Freedom Week (the prix fixe menu). My SO ordered the combination plate, kefta banadura, and pistachio gelato, and I ordered the falafel salad, salmon kebab, and orange blossom gelato and we received a basket of gluten-free laffa flat bread. All of it was so tasty, and by far, best falafel I ever had! I could live my days being fat and happy with the flat bread, hummus, falafel alone. The service was fine, not incredibly memorable or outstanding. The restaurant atmosphere is nice and quaint, very clean. I definitely have plans to return in the future, multiple times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always pleaseddiscoveryDined on 5/26/2014we have enjoyed this restaurant for many, many years. even after all these years, we find they have had little to their already near perfect restaurant as a go to place for nearly any occassion calling for good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 496 reviews are from the Tabule on Yonge reviews archive.
- iluvglutenfreeDined on 5/11/2014I love the atmosphere of Taboule. The music makes me relax immediately. I am gluten-free and dairy-free and appreciate a restaurant that has seriously considered people with allergies when choosing their menu. The wait-staff are friendly, patient and really intent on making your meal one to remember. The babaganuj is divine, and being able to eat it with gluten-free laffa is a dream come true. I especially love the salmon kebabs with mujaddara and grilled vegetables. I intend to come back to Taboule again and again. It has become my favourite restaurant.Special Features:
- Middle Eastern GemFoodieforlifeDined on 5/10/2014High energy, warm ambiance, great food, entertainment and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Middle-Eastern cuisineLaFoodieDined on 5/9/2014Tabule has fabulous food that is great for sharing. I went with some girl friends and we all shared a bunch of different plates. Their appetizers are the best. The dips, the falafel, the pita... all good. The Labni and Babaganoush are my favorite. In the summer their is a good sized patio but it fills up rather quickly.Special Features:
- pleasanteatlyDined on 5/5/2014it is always a pleasure to dine there -- lunch or dinner ; A great neighbourhood resto -- good service good food well pricedSpecial Features:
- Great food&great serviceBeggyDined on 5/3/2014Tabule has great food, delicious mezes, also very kind and friendly staff. It's a good choice for dinner, especially at the weekend. Don't forget to try house arak and enjoy belly dance show on Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really good middle eastern foodsmorge01Dined on 5/2/2014delicious and fresh - nice wine list as well. we enjoyed a fun family dinner here introducing the kids to some new flavoursSpecial Features:
- Tabule on YongePeterVIPDined on 4/25/2014Consistantly good tasty food. Professional friendly staff. Always a poitive experience and goo2 valu for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastyDined on 4/25/2014The food was fresh, tasty, and service was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to friends. Love middle eastern food and the flavours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at reasonable pricesRtraub69VIPDined on 4/25/2014Excellent middle eastern food Lots of food for the prices served by good staff Excellent price for the quality if the entrees Service was prompt courteous and friendly Good for the entire familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner experiencekdeerDined on 4/8/2014First time but not the last. Food was so delicious and healthy. Our waitress extremely helpful while suggesting dishes for us. We brought our own wine. It was yummy and fun and very reasonable! Will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatbobbyDined on 4/6/2014Wrote an extensive review last time I went... Nothing has changedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Middle Eastern Food in TO!GailDined on 4/5/2014Tabule came highly recommended and my husband and I had the best Middle Eastern food we've ever eaten. The presentation, quality and taste of the food was excellent. Our waiter, Stan, was attentive, gave great suggestions, and took very good care of us. Even the leftovers which we took home were packaged with care! We look forward to visiting again and will definitely pass on the high praise to our friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and InvitingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014Although it was a girl's night out, we chose this place over the Leslieville location due to the ambiance. It was a great location on Yonge, easy to get to. There's parking on the side streets- one hr parking before 6pm. Our reservation was for 6 so it was ok to park after that. The service was quick and attentive. We started with a cocktail-nice but nothing special really. Then we carried on with a bottle of wine. We had a platter of dips- very tasty and enjoyable. The place filled up very quickly and became lively, in true Yonge and Eg style. Two of us had the lamb kebab platter- great portions ( too much even, since we had the dips) -the lamb had nice flavour on a bed of rice and veggies. No dessert since we were full at this point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent. AtalwaysoutDined on 3/23/2014The food was excellent. At the time we went, the server seemed to be quite busy with other tables. She forgot our order of wine and never did bring it to us. Also, we had asked for separate cheques and she forgot this as well. She was friendly and pleasant but not as attentive as she seemed too busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014Delicious food and friendly, attentive service. A great find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taking a chanceireadit1Dined on 3/13/2014We took a chance on finding a place that was equal travelling distance for all of us and we settled on Tabule. A reservation is definitely recommended and we did reserve for our dining. The service, the food, the atmosphere worked together very well. It did not take long for our selections to arrive at our table once we made our choices. The menu will have something for everyone and the flavours of everything we chose was very good. Tabule is somewhere we will come again, AND it is highly recommended.Special Features:
- Entertainment was great!NeonDined on 3/8/2014Belly Dancing performance was great, energetic and livened up the atmosphere. The food was well-presented and the service was wonderful. Loved how even pouring water was an art! Great fun happy atmosphere. A bit noisy at times, and maybe the lighting could have been brighter, but overall, a good place to go back to again for another group or intimate dinner.Special Features:
- Great PlaceGreggDined on 3/7/2014Great food at a great price. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Amazing food!foodie27Dined on 3/2/2014We ordered the hummus and fried eggplant for starters and that was just amazing. We thought it couldn't get any better than that, but we were wrong, the lamb chop and salmon kebobs were perfect. Amazing food, and great ambience as well. The waiters were really nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu offers a wide varietyLibelluleDined on 3/2/2014The menu offers a wide variety of choices, with many healthy options. All can find something they like on the menu and the restaurant caters to Vegetarian and Vegans. Overall the food was good but I was disappointed with the quality of the service. I will give it another try though.Special Features:
- THe best food, bar none!bobbyDined on 2/22/2014The friend who accompanied us, who has eated throughout the Middle East and in North America, says this is the most authentic and tasty Middle Eastern food he's had. He's even planning on returning to Toronto from the Laurentians in the spring, just to go there!!Special Features:
- Worst Service EverRachbadachelDined on 2/16/2014We came here for my birthday dinner and right away knew the service would be awful. My pregnant sister waited at the door for 10 minutes before anyone came to seat her. We waited half an hour before anyone came to take our order. He asked us what we wanted abruptly and we asked what kind of beer they had. He rudely told us to look at the drink list at which point we informed him we never received one. As soon as he handed it to us he assumed we'd be ready to order so it was really awkward and uncomfortable. We order a starter and requested more flat bread but it never came. We got our dinner before the drinks came. We were sitting there after dinner for 30 minutes before our server finally came back with our bill.
- Excellent food and great service!Luv2eatDined on 2/15/2014Excellent food and great service! The restaurant is small and the tables are very close. There is no space to hang one's coat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mddle Eastern food at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My husband I went to Taboule Restaurant for our Valentine's dinner. The place was crowded & it seemed that we were sharing dinner with the table at our right & left. We could hear them in detail. The food was amazing. Service was slow as it was Valenine. For sure we will go there from time to time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite lunch spotSacan50Dined on 2/14/2014This restaurant is close to my office so scores for convenience but it is also exceptionally good quality food and service. I have dined there. Three times now, twice at lunch and once for dinner. I have eaten inside in the winter and outside in the summer. The food and service quality has always been excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winterlicious DinnersailorDined on 2/13/2014Excellent middle eastern dishes all served in the traditional manner. When the restaurant is full, it can be a bit noisy but the food experience is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinterliciousElosDined on 2/13/2014We just tried a batch of their food, ones that made it to their Wonterlicious menu. It's predominantly middle eastern cuisine. Being middle eastern myself I can say it wasn't bad but not top of the line either. The service was very poor, but perhaps due to so many people they had for Winterlicious.Special Features:
- Our special occasionluv2eatDined on 2/12/2014Our daughter took us to Tabule's a few years ago and the name and food stuck in our heads. So when my husband's birthday came around, I asked him where he would like to go for his special occasion and he said Tabule's. Our taste buds never forgot the great food we had at this restaurant. The service was good, our table nicely placed but tight to get into. That's because the place was hopping for a Tuesday in the middle of winter. Would we return?? You betcha!! One doesn't need a winterlicious or summerlicious to have this great tasting food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being in love with the cuisinebatmanDined on 2/11/2014Being in love with the cuisine from my travels, my search for a great Middle-Eastern resto in the GTA goes on. I had a very pleasant evening at Tabule; overall the place has a very relaxed feel, which I like. The wait staff were very friendly and attentive to the needs of our party and didn't make us wait for drinks or food. As for the cuisine, things tasted good, but not spectacular. The ingredients seemed fresh and many of the familiar flavours were there, but nothing really popped for me. I ended up feeling like I'd eaten a healthy meal, which is one reason I love this kind of food. I'd probably go back, but I'll still be on the hunt for someplace that blows me away; this wasn't it.Special Features:
- Lovely Winterlicious LunchRAQASADined on 2/11/2014Three of us went to Tabule for lunch. We were promptly seated and although it was quite busy, the service for great. The food, as always, was delicious. I would go there over and over...Special Features:
- The food was tasty. The serviceImpressedDined on 2/10/2014The food was tasty. The service was quick and friendly. The restaurant had a nice Lebanese flavour to it. Overall a wonderful experience. Thank you Tabule!Special Features:
- Fun food experienceStreetcarDined on 2/9/2014We had a great middle eastern food experience at Tabule this weekend. The service was excellent and the food was great. Lots of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.