7412 Mountain Road
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stowemountainlodge.com/
- Phone: 802-760-4735x
- Hours of Operation:
SOLSTICE - Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:00am; Dinner: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
HOURGLASS BAR & LOUNGE - Lunch: 11am - 5pm; Dinner:5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Cody Berry
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Imagine your guests sampling local Vermont cheeses presented by fifth generation cheese makers, freshly caught trout cooked over an open fire with babbling brook background sounds, T-bones served in cast iron skillets, grilled slow cooked local suckling served on authentic picnic tables with blue denim linens, campfire music, sing-alongs, or blue grass tunes. The team at Solstice and Stowe Mountain Lodge can customize your next catered event on the Mountain.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room up to 16 guests
- Private Party Contact: Solstice Restaurant 802-760-4735x
- Special Events: Holiday dinners
A word from Solstice
Solstice, Stowe Mountain Lodge's signature restaurant, offers Vermont artisan-inspired cuisine in an elegant and relaxed setting. Enjoy views from every direction – an open kitchen and interactive chef station tantalizes the senses, and a wall of windows overlooking Spruce Peak mountain offers an exhilarating background for every meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Solstice reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)romantic (6)scenic view (6)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great restaurant right onWineFoodLoverDined on 2/17/2013Great restaurant right on the mountain at Stowe Mt. Lodge!Special Features:
- Overall a good meal if you'reLikestoeatVIPDined on 2/11/2013Overall a good meal if you're staying at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Not sure I'd drive up the mountain to dine there.
- Good food, but very overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/3/2013Good food, but very overpriced for the quality that you get.
- Very good food and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Very good food and excellent wine list and sommelier... he steered us to a very reasonably priced French white and we really appreciated that. It is nice to find a really excellent restaurant right in your hotel - often not the case. My one negative - menu was pretty meat-laden - I would have loved to see a couple of fish dishes that did not have meat in them!!Special Features:
- The overall experience atOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/2/2013The overall experience at the lodge was good but I would like to see Solstice come up a notch in terms of food and service. I had an appetizer shrimp special and sirloin steak, both of which were pretty uninspired. I also thought it was odd to have so many servers interact with us during the course of the meal - no less than 6. On the upside it's a nice location and atmosphere and the fire pit outside the window was a nice touch.
- Worse every year - Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/26/2013This restaurant gets worse every year. They do a good job with fish dishes. i.e., cooked to the right temperature with a tasty broth. They do not do that well when asked to order something off menu. For example, we asked them if they could do a sauteed broccoli with garlic and oil instead of spinach. They said no problem, however, when the dish arrived, you immediately realize that their line is not very experienced with basic cooking skills and doing something they have not practiced. The aforementioned dish sauteed broccoli dish arrived with raw garlic and barely sauteed broccoli. We ordered two rare steaks, but which arrived medium-well. They replaced the steaks, but with no apology from the manager.Special Features:
- we had a latet night reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013we had a latet night reservation. Could be noisier earlier with a lot of families and small children. Stay during school vacations and holidays.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/18/2013It would be nice to have this restaurant nearby, but to have it in the hotel is even better. Quite a bit better than usual hotel fine dining. Casual atmosphere, thoughtfully prepared food with an emphasis on local ingredients which are really superb in the surrounding area and Vermont in general.Special Features:
- Good was a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2013Good was a disappointment expected much more for a lodge of this caliber. Food was served cold and portions were small second night of our stay we had a much more enjoyable e prurience off premise. Sad because everything else about our stay was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- My family dined at SolsticeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/5/2013My family dined at Solstice twice last week with mixed results. The first time (Tuesday night), I had the duck for a main course and it was really very good. I had the same dish on Saturday and it was bascially inedible. I sent it back and chose the cod with chorizo instead. While this dish was just OK, it was still not up to the standard I would expect from this type of restaurant. The side of mashed potatoes was tasteless. The appetizers and salads are quite bland and the choices are not interesting. This is a gorgeous restaurant in a great location which deserves much, much better food. The hotel seemed to be full last week, but many empty tables. That says alot right there.
- Solstice is a very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/1/2013Solstice is a very nice restaurant in Stowe Village. The food isn't as good as say Harrisons or Crop Bistro but it's still very good and is very family friendly and great for groups.Special Features:
- A fantastic restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012A fantastic restaurant for dinner! We were surprised to be able to get a 2:30 reservation on Christmas because they normally open at 5:00. Unfortunately, the afternoon reservations were not their menu, but the lunch menu from another restaurant in the resort. We were disappointed to find that the regular menu was not available althought the food was good. I feel like they should have let diners know that they were not used their regular menu for the afternoon. If you've never been there you wouldn't know the difference, but having been their several times, it was a big let down.Special Features:
- Despite that we were in StoweOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012Despite that we were in Stowe for a night and that we didn't expect that much for this kind of place, food was nice. Definitely not a sophisticated place (no effort for the dishes compositions, no creative flavour mixes) but a nice place to be in a winter evening. Especially when you have a seat near a window.Special Features:
- A fantastic meal in a lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2012A fantastic meal in a lovely modern ski lodge setting. We were warned that the service could be slow, but had no problems. Still, it's not the kind of place I'd go expecting to eat and run. The food satisfies ardent locavore foodie types but also those in search of a hearty and homey meal. Our 8 & 10 year olds loved it too.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere looking overOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2012Nice atmosphere looking over Stowe Mountain. Great service.Special Features:
- Located in the Stowe MountainkimcVIPDined on 11/23/2012Located in the Stowe Mountain Lodge,Solstice,did not live up to what it says about itself online. Was supposedly very upscale and was not. Menu very limited. The same kitchen making prime rib was also making pizza and burgers for the bar next door. They need 2 separate kitchens. Decor was attrocious...lawn furniture for chairs in a fancy dining room? Why...so they can be hosed off easily? The decorator was a hack and should have been fired. The walls and the fabric were just plain ugly. This place is owned by AIG. It went into bankruptcy once. Obama bailed them out and now it appears that they will go into bankrupty again. They are being sued by the condo owners. This place gets a big "F" in my book.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012I enjoyed the Thanksgiving Buffet and it was an amazing day! We have a great meal and the service was impeccable. Try the cocktails - they are unique and use local liquor in them. I had a dinner cocktail as well as a dessert one.Special Features:
- cold food ruins high qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2012Food was high quality (good cut of meat, excellent veggies), but the temp RUINED the dinner - food was served luke warm. Service was good when the waiter was around, but not around enough to attempt to get food issues fixed. Overall Solstice was EXTREMELY disappointing for the cost.
- Thumbs up 4 brkfast, down 4 dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Before I give the dinner review, I want to say that the breakfast was perfect. The food was delicious and the waiter was efficient and friendly. Dinner was an absolute disaster! Six girlfriends went to celebrate our 50th birthdays. We were expecting a high quality dinner based on anotherr friend's recommendation and previous reviews. Only one friend was completely satisfied with her dinner. The tuna tartare appetizer was mushy. The roast beef was not made as requested, the scallops were gritty-tasted like sand and the pasta had too much garlic. If you want side dishes the cost is extra-they call them "enhancements". The asparagus was hard and the squash was cold. Although they provided mashed potatoes gratis, it was too late...Special Features:
- The dining room is large,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012The dining room is large, with a Las Vegas meets Vermont feel, but the atmosphere felt comfortable and inviting. Our food was good, but not great. Most of the dishes came to our table room temperature, so even the things that tasted good (truffled mac and cheese) would have been better hot. Our service was not bad, but did not meet our expectations given the price. Overall the experience was positive, but disappointing given the experience the restaurant appeared to want to provide.Special Features:
- It was spectacular! My ribOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2012It was spectacular! My rib steak was to die for and the overall service impeccable.Looking forward to next year. Have a great winter..MichaelSpecial Features:
- the artisan cheeses were fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012the artisan cheeses were fantastic - best part of the meal. The swordfish was a little dry and over cooked - we try to not order seafood in land locked states, but slipped this time. Sides are family style, 2 would have been enough, we tried the sampler. All in all a reasonable meal, especially because we could simply walk back to the room. Would have been a bit disappointed if we had driven from town. Service was prompt and not over bearing.
- The food was fair,and wayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2012The food was fair,and way overpriced. Very disappointed with the overall experience
- I run large scale cateredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012I run large scale catered events for a living specializing in service standards. I was so impressed with my dining experience. I had emailed ahead to ask if there would be gluten free options available. Our places were preset with Gluten free menus and the servers and chefs were already ready with gluten free substitutions for the specials being offered. Our servers were exceptionally knowledgable about the cheeses and menu the restaurant offered. Portion Sizes were great and food inventive. Excited to return.Special Features:
- I was very, very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012I was very, very disappointed on this choice which came highly recommended. Our party of 3 was seated at a table for 8 which was explained by claiming that they didn't have as many families dining as was expected...so??? Service was very slow even though the restaurant was not that crowded (our reservation was for 8pm). The hot appetizer was served at the same time as the salad, my scallop entre and spinach side were both luke warm. We noticed that other diners were unhappy about one thing or another. The manager seemed to be busy visiting other tables trying to make amends. A very expensive, disappointing evening.
- My husband enjoyed his primeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/5/2012My husband enjoyed his prime rib. I was disappointed in the chicken dish. I would never order that again. Food is way overpriced.
- Food good. Wait staff friendlyRonGDined on 10/4/2012Food good. Wait staff friendly but somewhat amateurish for a restaurant of this caliber.
- Overall great experience.FoodGeekVIPDined on 9/28/2012Overall great experience. If you are staying at the lodge it's an easy and great choice. Food was good, but not great. Would have liked to see them switch up the wines by the glass (we dined twice during our stay). We will be back.Special Features:
- excellent servicelovetoeatVIPDined on 9/9/2012Excellent, excellent service. When there was a problem (slight) the manager was right over to the table and provided dessert drinks to us.... what more could you askeSpecial Features:
- Overpriced, ridiculously smallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Overpriced, ridiculously small portions, bland food. Service excellent however.Special Features:
- Anniversary successOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012This is a very classy restaurant even though it's in a large resort. The menu is interesting, with something for everyone. The service was excellent. The views to the ski slopes is quite inviting, and a gas fireplace sits outside on the patio where we enjoyed our after dinner drink. It was a great pick for a special occasion.Special Features:
- A Squandered OpportunityLive2dineDined on 8/21/2012Last year, Solstice was impressive. A year later, it has become much more ordinary. If you are looking for a good steakhouse in a beautiful setting, Solstice fits the bill. But it is no longer the restaurant it was in its inaugural year. The menu has been redesigned to maximize profits. Solstice is an opportunity squandered: it could have been a great restaurant where fresh, local products inspired dishes that highlighted the best Vermont had to offer each week. Instead, the menu has a corporate flavor that asks you to match a generic protein with one of a dozen sauces. Vegetables are uninspired and a la carte. The elegant space is wasted on the average food, price-gouging wine list, and earnest but clumsy service.
- Great food, poorly managedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2012The food was amazing, and our waiter was really great - at first. But then his section was filled with multiple six-tops, a couple of fours, and a few twos, and he was given no backup. There wasn't a busser, food runner, or manager visible in the place. It took more than 30 minutes to get our dessert, and we watched a six-top walk out after about that same amount of time without even a glass of water on their table yet. Breakfast was much the same - great food, great waiter, VERY poorly managed dining room. It made the entire experience - both times - MUCH less enjoyable.Special Features:
- We love Solstice! The menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2012We love Solstice! The menu is well thought out and the food is outstanding. The service was also wonderful, as the whole staff was very friendly and helpful! I would recommend this restaurant to those looking for a great place to dine for a special occasion, but the menu is designed to offer something for everyone.Special Features:
- Steaks were overcooked, butFloridaFoodieDined on 7/19/2012Steaks were overcooked, but they gladly took them back and brought new ones. Meal can get more expensive with "add ons" to entrees. Wine list did not have a lot of familiar names, making it harder to judge value.Special Features:
- It was an exceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2012It was an exceptional service and experience for us. We were served by Dawn who was extremely knowledgeable about the extensive wine and cheese list. She was able to offer suggestions for good pairings, assist with our picky eating children and provide excellent service. We returned to the restaurant for breakfast the following morning and we were greeted and served by Benjamin who was just as wonderful. He was very nice and extremely helpful with everything we needed. We will be returning to Solstice in the future !Special Features:
- service,food,ambience wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012service,food,ambience were excellent. The wine was extremely overpriced.We recognized many that we buy regularly at 3/4 the price.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting boring foodcowgirlkVIPDined on 6/24/2012It's a beautiful restaurant in a beautiful setting. Unfortunately,the food was in general bland. I ordered a caesar salad, and it had no taste. My boyfriend ordered the wedge salad and it was excellent. For my entree I had the lobster pot pie. Disappointing - it was bland and boring. Boyfriend enjoyed his steak. The restaurant is overpriced for what you get. The silverware is horribly awkward. The servers neglected to refill our water - we had to ask multiple times. Also, two people in our party wanted to take home their leftover steak and the servers packaged up some other tables dinner instead of ours. They lost ours - who knows who else got it.
- We had a 8:00 reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012We had a 8:00 reservation. We waited 90 minutes for our meal and when it came my husbands lobster pot pie was cold. There was not a lot of people there.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2012Having eaten here before, we were very disappointed with our evening this time. We were at the restaurant at 7:30 and didn't get out before 9:45as we were four people and the place was not busy this was very long. Between appetizer and main course took a long time...tea/ coffee also, and bill eventually arrived. Service was a bit patronizing...perhaps they needed another waitress, but someone should have noticed and been checking ... We come to this area often, but would not return tothis restaurant. Il ow that the hotel also has a smaller restaurant at the golf clubhouse called the cottage which has far better service and attention. Also there was a limited repetitive menu.we were told was " between season" tho Memorial Day weekendSpecial Features: