David Burke Fishtail
135 E 62nd Street
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
David Burke Fishtail
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishtaildb.com/
- Phone: 2127541300x
- Hours of Operation:
Sat & Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm
Sat 4:00pm - 11:00pm;
Mon-Sat 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Sun 12:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Group and private dining can be accommodated from 12 – 150. Our culinary team can customize your menu to meet your every need. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
A word from David Burke Fishtail
Celebrated Chef David Burke unveils David Burke Fishtail, a new innovative seafood concept on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Located in a historic townhouse, the bi-level eatery combines casual late-night dining with a casual bar in the ground floor bar with traditional sit-down service in the main second floor dining room. Fishtail offers the freshest fare – provided by Litchfield Farms as well as their own company-owned fishing boat out of Brielle, NJ. Known for its sustainable seafood, Litchfield Farms compliments Burke’s & Hara’s beliefs in providing diners with the highest quality ingredients that do not compromise on integrity. Together, they have created a menu of 85 percent sustainable seafood which is coded with levels of authenticity for guests’ reference. The 120 seat restaurant is located at 135 East 62nd St. between Park & Lexington Aves.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
David Burke Fishtail reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (161)special occasion (133)neighborhood gem (115)romantic (67)notable wine list (61)vibrant bar scene (54)hot spot (45)great for lunch (44)great for brunch (33)good for groups (33)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Nice place for a dateFoodAnonymousDined on 8/15/2014First, the food was excellent. The desserts (Peach Parfait and the Peanut Butter Jelly Bar) were good however they were too sweet. One of the other desserts might have been better. The place was very nice and decor was very good. Please be aware that everyone is dressed nicely. Most of the guys had blazers and women had nice dresses. I think this is a great place to bring a date and to come for special occasions with a small group. The service is really excellent.Special Features:
- Entree less than spectacularOotiegirlDined on 8/15/2014This was the second time I visited this restaurant. The service is wonderful and they are very accommodating to special requests. The appetizers were wonderful, as was the dessert, especially the Cheesecake lollipops! However, the entrée, we had the Nori Tuna, which was spiceless and the Branzino which while good, was nothing special. All in all a nice experience though.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014We went here for restaurant week dinner. The food was excellent, especially the dessert. The blueberries tarte was exquisite. The drink were a bit pricey but it's a high end restaurant. The service was very good. Overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!TallCdngirlVIPDined on 8/13/2014The reviews don't do this restaurant justice! We had a great time -- lively crowd, good menu, great somelier and wine recommendations! Although they forgot about us after asking us to wait for our table at the bar, they made up for it with apologies and a terrific rest of the night. Eat upstairs in the restaurant -- it's vibrant and loud and fun in all the right ways. We had a terrific anniversary dinner, very memorable!!Special Features:
- Not as Good as the TownhousecathylovesfoodVIPDined on 8/13/2014I was a bit disappointed in Fishtail. Restaurant is too noisy and too cramped. The pastrami smoked salmon appetizer was way too spicy. The branzino was very good but I had to take the skin off because it was too salty. Service was excellent. I prefer David Burke's Townhouse.
- David Burke always pleases!ole1Dined on 8/13/2014Fishtail is the best of the best. David Burke is the epitome of great hospitality and his staff does him proud! This restaurant isa gem! The food is delicious and the menu continues to change and delight. Service is terrific and the staff really go out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful experience. The bar is hot and if you want something more quiet, dining upstairs is lovely. You must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but priceySJvisitorsDined on 8/12/2014Even with Restaurant week, a number of items had extra surcharges. Very high wine bottle prices. The bar scene is well beyond energetic, it is deafening.Special Features:
- Simply delicious fishsobepsychVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great simple fresh fish dishes. Easy to order exactly what you like because all a la carte, but also pricey. Surcharge for choice vodkas in cocktails which seems to be common in NYC.Special Features:
- Ejc73Dined on 8/11/2014Came for restaurant week with a few girlfriends. Service was impeccable - our server was extraordinarily knowledgeble & very nice. He made wonderful recommendations & our experience was that much better because of him! Bartender was also wonderful & the cocktails we ordered were amazing. Food was good.. For apps - tuna crudo, tartare platter, smoked salmon were all great - skip the crab cakes. Entrees - mahi, angry lobster, nori tuna were fantastic - steak frites was dry. Definitley check it out for restaurant week, don't know if the hefty prices are worth it full price though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Every dish we had was excellent! The server did seem to be rushing along our meal, which could be because it was restaurant week, and never asked if we needed a drink refill after the first. Food still was compensated for the service and I would definitely recommend for anyone to check it outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IssuesmartVIPDined on 8/11/2014the food was excellent. One bus boy picked up our plates while food was still on it and while still eating. It is noisy and the table vibrated as people passed our table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2014After two poor outings by another David Burke restaurant I decided to give him one more chance. Fishtail did not disappoint. Food was fantastice, but don't expect to be able to hear the person sitting across the table from you, it is LOUD.
- EatingourwaythruNYCSCivDined on 8/11/2014Fishtail was recommended by a friend and it didn't disappoint! We were fortunate to make it out during Restaurant Week and enjoyed a delicious meal for very reasonable! Nothing topped this meal and we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014A wonderful meal delivered with great service in a swanky setting!Special Features:
- Seafood-As Good As It Gets!Lovetravelling0820VIPDined on 8/10/2014Birthday celebration for my husband- 6 guests, all New Yorkers with critical foodie comments. Their positive comments speak volumes: ...Delicious, spicy lobster soup ...Amazing homemade smoked salmon ...Outstanding grilled salmon with red quinoa and artichokes ...Salted caramel and peach parfait with honey? Outrageously sweet, but couldn't stop eating it! ...Peanut butter and chocolate for dessert? I am in heaven! Thank you to David Burke and your professional staff who served us and who prepared a very special birthday dinner with family.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantHappy2eatDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed everything about dinner at Fishtail. Great restaurant week find! The smoked salmon appetizer, Tuna and branzino main course and peach parfait are definite must haves! ENJOY!Special Features:
- busy, busydehillerinVIPDined on 8/10/2014restaurant week here is a mixed bag. the food is still excellent -- wonderful and original preparations of fish and seafood, but because of the bargain, the place was a madhouse and wildly noisy when we dined on a Sunday at 6 pm. Note to self: must try off-hours next time.
- Sunday night dinnerNYC515VIPDined on 8/10/2014I tried Fishtail as part of Restaurant Week. It is delicious and welcoming to solo diners. The selections were open to the entire menu. David Burke's pastrami smoked salmon appetizer is amazing, served with tiny pancakes and creme fraiche. The black bass is wonderful. My salted caramel dessert was a little sweet for my taste. The table next to me let me tast their cheese cake lollipop tree (served for two), and those are fantastic, in a variety one favors! The wait staff is very attentive and friendly. It is a great dining experience and the restaurant is beautifully decorated. I cannot wait to return with friends.Special Features:
- ladiesVIPDined on 8/10/2014. What a wonderful Restaurant Week menu! Offering their full menu gives the diner a chance to really "try out" the restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysJayLVIPDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed our RW meals here, basically have a full menu to choose from with supplementals for some items. Different scene sitting upstairs vs downstairs, I prefer it down by the bar, feels much less formal for lunch.Special Features:
- PerfectTennisDined on 8/9/2014Great Lunch with friends. Food was great as always. Love to eat in the Bar. Everyone is so attentive. ..Always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied..NiceplaceDined on 8/9/2014There were four of us celebrating a friend's bday. I informed Fishtail about the occasion..I sort of expected a bday greeting for my friend in the form of maybe a slice of cake or something, but there was nothing at all. Otherwise, we were quite satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEYOND SPECTACULARnodivaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Fishtail, a beautiful designed space, never disappoints, and is always amazing! The entire staff is always very helpful, accommodating, and knowledgeable. They cannot do enough for you. Managerial staff, waiters, hostesses, et al, are at the top of their game. The cuisine is incomparable... THE BEST THE CITY HAS TO OFFER!Special Features:
- Order dinner in the barForkontheRoadDined on 8/7/2014Dishes were well prepared and plated. Steak was perfectly cooked. That said, the loud and cramped atmosphere detracted from our enjoyment. Hey, we know space is at a premium in New York, but it felt like the couple next to us were almost sitting in our laps. Not a good thing, because they couldn't keep their hands off each other..yuk! And our server was quite frankly a little snot; very dismissive of any questions we had about the menu...what a put-off. Prior to dinner, we had a pleasant wait in the bar downstairs and in retrospect, we should have sat at the bar and ordered our meals and it would have then been a delightful evening.Special Features:
- RestaddtDined on 8/7/2014Fish entrees were amazing (all four of them at our table!), and desserts were surprisingly really good, decadent without being too rich! The appetizers were a bit of of a hit or miss - the angry calamari wasn't very spicy, more sour, but their crab cakes were divine. The smoked salmon needed less wasabi pancake and more wasabi, but very good nonetheless, and the crab salad gazpacho was also a little too acidic/sour, needed a bit more balance. Overall really good. Staff are very attentive without being overbearing! Starter bread was really really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOUCHDOWN !!krmooreDined on 8/7/2014We had a dinner reservation, got there 20 minutes early and we were seated promptly. The waiter was very helpful!!, the food was FANTASTIC !! Next time in New York City we will be there once again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedflygirlDined on 8/7/2014We were lucky and got a table upstairs, away from the very noisy bar area. Food was very good. Servers were overly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!ShopperDined on 8/7/2014The food was absolutely sensational! The atmosphere was busy and noisy. The service unfortunately didn't meet up to the food standards. We were rushed throughout the meal-removing plates when we weren't finished. It was sort of fast food service-the meal was about an hour in total. It was certainly a great deal for restaurant week!Special Features:
- Innovative fish restaurantChrisDPDined on 8/6/2014We went here for restaurant week and it was great! The food was amazing. Delicious flavors and innovative presentations. The dessert was also great (and I used to be a pastry chef so I tend to be critical of desserts!). Our server, Judy, was really nice, attentive, and had good recommendations when it came to the wine list. The atmosphere is very hip and trendy-a fun place to go on a date night. We were celebrating our 9 year anniversary and they definitely made it special. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bronzino never missesStorkKnowsDined on 8/6/2014Sat in a booth in bar area. Noise level a little high but good atmosphere. Took a little long for waitress to return for dinner order and forgot one drink during the meal but pleasant and helpful. Food was excellent once again.Special Features:
- A Steal of a Deal...danz4joyDined on 8/6/2014You'd never have know that it was Restaurant Week at David Burke Fishtail until the bill arrived. The service was impeccable, the menu was David's usual restaurant menu with a few exceptions....totally understandable. The food was delectable and the servers were on spot! We even had a very coveted seat by the window upstairs. It was a great evening...good food, good wine and wonderful company☆☆☆☆☆ TouchéSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONALFAITHDined on 8/6/2014This was an exceptional dining experience from beginning to end. The hostess [Jody] was gracious, and all of the waiters and servers were welcoming and proficient. The small crimsom dining room on the second floor was lovely and intimate. The first floor bar scene was vibrant - I am ready to return to "check it out". We selected from the Restaurant Week menu and were most pleased, indeed. The lobster dumplings were filled with loads of lobster. I enjoyed the gazpacho but would have appreciated a bit more spice. The branzino, although a rather small portion, was fresh and delicious, and the brocollni steamed to perfection. The unique cheese cake lollipops are not to be missed -a sweet fine ending to a truly gourmet meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My BEST FOOD ExperienceBestFoodDined on 8/5/2014This restaurant was my first restaurant week experience and it was pleasant from the moment i walked in the door. We arrived earlier then our reservation and was seated in 5 minutes. The waiter was excellent he explained everything clearly to me and was very friendly. The waitress was excellent too she came around and asked us how we were enjoying everything. The food was EXCELLENT i wish i could shake all the chefs hands all my dishes were delicious and fresh. I look forward to going to this restaurant on other occasions now, even though the price is on the high end its worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kcflkcflDined on 8/5/2014Food was tasty and service professional and efficient. Extra charge for some items because of Restaurant Week could have been avoided with smaller portions but value was good.Special Features:
- stale bread is not a good start...sushigirlVIPDined on 8/4/2014disappointing restaurant week experience... I understand they want to cut corners for restaurant week, but stale popovers?? ugh.
- My Cheers PlaceHarlemhustler1Dined on 8/4/2014Once Again, I Went For Restaurant Week and I Talked With Michael Before Hand To Arrange My Reservation. I Got There Early and Was Greeted and Served By Theresa, From The Bar. She Was Courteous, Vibrant, Fun, and Very Interactive Which Made My Meal Much More Enjoyable. The Maitre 'D That Came On After 4, Was Awesome as well. And To My Surprise Kat Came Over To Say Hello and Put The Cherry On My Night!! So, An Extra Thank You To, Ms. KATRINA AVILA AND SIR MICHAEL Pfeil, For Once Again Making My Dinning Experience Like Cheers The T.V. Show, Just More Upscale!!! See You Guys Again Real Soon...... - HAROLD HATTERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time here, loved it as much!CAPupsVIPDined on 8/3/2014This Upper East Side restaurant has consistently great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 8/3/2014Took an advantage of RW 2014 Summer at brunch. Had lobster scramble. It tasted great, but a bit too much got well done. Grilled chicken breast was juicy and moist. Too much corn for the dish. Loved famous cheesecake. Absolutely filled me up. Contemporary arty decor is adorable. Well disciplined servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodNYCGERDined on 8/2/2014You can expect some of the playful touches that David Burke is known for - like corn flake crusted crab cakes (delicious!) and lollipop shaped desserts (we saw them go by, but didn't order them) - as well as more traditional seafood. The branzino was prepared perfectly and served with a sauce that we wanted to bottle and take home. The only miss was the angry calamari - it was a little too salty. For dessert, we shared a peach & caramel parfait - a little sweet, but that didn't stop us from eating all of it! The service was very attentive - our server seemed genuinely concerned about our experience.Special Features:
- Shamefully bad food and serviceTheDrDined on 8/2/2014I rarely leave reviews, but this experience was so awful I had to share it with other potential diners. 1. They could not find our reservation. My confirmation email did not phase the hostess, who had an attitude. Also, we were early, and there was no one at all in the dining room, though she still was hesitant to seat us. 2. We checked the online menu prior to reserving just days before, and upon arriving discovered several of the items were not on the menu. Bottom line, the online menu is out of date. 3. My wife and son ordered chicken, and for $29 received appetizer-sized portions. For $28 each, it was shameful. 4. Though the room was half empty, food took forever to arrive. Diners seated well after us were served sooner.