David Burke Fishtail
135 E 62nd Street
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
David Burke Fishtail
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishtaildb.com/
- Phone: 2127541300x
- Hours of Operation:
Sat & Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm
Sat 4:00pm - 11:00pm;
Mon-Sat 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Sun 12:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Group and private dining can be accommodated from 12 – 150. Our culinary team can customize your menu to meet your every need. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
A word from David Burke Fishtail
Celebrated Chef David Burke unveils David Burke Fishtail, a new innovative seafood concept on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Located in a historic townhouse, the bi-level eatery combines casual late-night dining with a casual bar in the ground floor bar with traditional sit-down service in the main second floor dining room. Fishtail offers the freshest fare – provided by Litchfield Farms as well as their own company-owned fishing boat out of Brielle, NJ. Known for its sustainable seafood, Litchfield Farms compliments Burke’s & Hara’s beliefs in providing diners with the highest quality ingredients that do not compromise on integrity. Together, they have created a menu of 85 percent sustainable seafood which is coded with levels of authenticity for guests’ reference. The 120 seat restaurant is located at 135 East 62nd St. between Park & Lexington Aves.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
David Burke Fishtail reviews from OpenTable diners
311 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (174)special occasion (143)neighborhood gem (125)romantic (69)vibrant bar scene (55)notable wine list (52)hot spot (46)great for lunch (42)good for groups (32)great for brunch (32)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- PerfectTennisDined on 8/9/2014Great Lunch with friends. Food was great as always. Love to eat in the Bar. Everyone is so attentive. ..Always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied..NiceplaceDined on 8/9/2014There were four of us celebrating a friend's bday. I informed Fishtail about the occasion..I sort of expected a bday greeting for my friend in the form of maybe a slice of cake or something, but there was nothing at all. Otherwise, we were quite satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEYOND SPECTACULARnodivaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Fishtail, a beautiful designed space, never disappoints, and is always amazing! The entire staff is always very helpful, accommodating, and knowledgeable. They cannot do enough for you. Managerial staff, waiters, hostesses, et al, are at the top of their game. The cuisine is incomparable... THE BEST THE CITY HAS TO OFFER!Special Features:
- Order dinner in the barForkontheRoadDined on 8/7/2014Dishes were well prepared and plated. Steak was perfectly cooked. That said, the loud and cramped atmosphere detracted from our enjoyment. Hey, we know space is at a premium in New York, but it felt like the couple next to us were almost sitting in our laps. Not a good thing, because they couldn't keep their hands off each other..yuk! And our server was quite frankly a little snot; very dismissive of any questions we had about the menu...what a put-off. Prior to dinner, we had a pleasant wait in the bar downstairs and in retrospect, we should have sat at the bar and ordered our meals and it would have then been a delightful evening.Special Features:
- RestaddtDined on 8/7/2014Fish entrees were amazing (all four of them at our table!), and desserts were surprisingly really good, decadent without being too rich! The appetizers were a bit of of a hit or miss - the angry calamari wasn't very spicy, more sour, but their crab cakes were divine. The smoked salmon needed less wasabi pancake and more wasabi, but very good nonetheless, and the crab salad gazpacho was also a little too acidic/sour, needed a bit more balance. Overall really good. Staff are very attentive without being overbearing! Starter bread was really really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOUCHDOWN !!krmooreDined on 8/7/2014We had a dinner reservation, got there 20 minutes early and we were seated promptly. The waiter was very helpful!!, the food was FANTASTIC !! Next time in New York City we will be there once again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedflygirlDined on 8/7/2014We were lucky and got a table upstairs, away from the very noisy bar area. Food was very good. Servers were overly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!ShopperDined on 8/7/2014The food was absolutely sensational! The atmosphere was busy and noisy. The service unfortunately didn't meet up to the food standards. We were rushed throughout the meal-removing plates when we weren't finished. It was sort of fast food service-the meal was about an hour in total. It was certainly a great deal for restaurant week!Special Features:
- Innovative fish restaurantChrisDPDined on 8/6/2014We went here for restaurant week and it was great! The food was amazing. Delicious flavors and innovative presentations. The dessert was also great (and I used to be a pastry chef so I tend to be critical of desserts!). Our server, Judy, was really nice, attentive, and had good recommendations when it came to the wine list. The atmosphere is very hip and trendy-a fun place to go on a date night. We were celebrating our 9 year anniversary and they definitely made it special. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bronzino never missesStorkKnowsDined on 8/6/2014Sat in a booth in bar area. Noise level a little high but good atmosphere. Took a little long for waitress to return for dinner order and forgot one drink during the meal but pleasant and helpful. Food was excellent once again.Special Features:
- A Steal of a Deal...danz4joyDined on 8/6/2014You'd never have know that it was Restaurant Week at David Burke Fishtail until the bill arrived. The service was impeccable, the menu was David's usual restaurant menu with a few exceptions....totally understandable. The food was delectable and the servers were on spot! We even had a very coveted seat by the window upstairs. It was a great evening...good food, good wine and wonderful company☆☆☆☆☆ TouchéSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONALFAITHDined on 8/6/2014This was an exceptional dining experience from beginning to end. The hostess [Jody] was gracious, and all of the waiters and servers were welcoming and proficient. The small crimsom dining room on the second floor was lovely and intimate. The first floor bar scene was vibrant - I am ready to return to "check it out". We selected from the Restaurant Week menu and were most pleased, indeed. The lobster dumplings were filled with loads of lobster. I enjoyed the gazpacho but would have appreciated a bit more spice. The branzino, although a rather small portion, was fresh and delicious, and the brocollni steamed to perfection. The unique cheese cake lollipops are not to be missed -a sweet fine ending to a truly gourmet meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My BEST FOOD ExperienceBestFoodDined on 8/5/2014This restaurant was my first restaurant week experience and it was pleasant from the moment i walked in the door. We arrived earlier then our reservation and was seated in 5 minutes. The waiter was excellent he explained everything clearly to me and was very friendly. The waitress was excellent too she came around and asked us how we were enjoying everything. The food was EXCELLENT i wish i could shake all the chefs hands all my dishes were delicious and fresh. I look forward to going to this restaurant on other occasions now, even though the price is on the high end its worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kcflkcflDined on 8/5/2014Food was tasty and service professional and efficient. Extra charge for some items because of Restaurant Week could have been avoided with smaller portions but value was good.Special Features:
- stale bread is not a good start...sushigirlVIPDined on 8/4/2014disappointing restaurant week experience... I understand they want to cut corners for restaurant week, but stale popovers?? ugh.
- My Cheers PlaceHarlemhustler1Dined on 8/4/2014Once Again, I Went For Restaurant Week and I Talked With Michael Before Hand To Arrange My Reservation. I Got There Early and Was Greeted and Served By Theresa, From The Bar. She Was Courteous, Vibrant, Fun, and Very Interactive Which Made My Meal Much More Enjoyable. The Maitre 'D That Came On After 4, Was Awesome as well. And To My Surprise Kat Came Over To Say Hello and Put The Cherry On My Night!! So, An Extra Thank You To, Ms. KATRINA AVILA AND SIR MICHAEL Pfeil, For Once Again Making My Dinning Experience Like Cheers The T.V. Show, Just More Upscale!!! See You Guys Again Real Soon...... - HAROLD HATTERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time here, loved it as much!CAPupsVIPDined on 8/3/2014This Upper East Side restaurant has consistently great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 8/3/2014Took an advantage of RW 2014 Summer at brunch. Had lobster scramble. It tasted great, but a bit too much got well done. Grilled chicken breast was juicy and moist. Too much corn for the dish. Loved famous cheesecake. Absolutely filled me up. Contemporary arty decor is adorable. Well disciplined servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodNYCGERDined on 8/2/2014You can expect some of the playful touches that David Burke is known for - like corn flake crusted crab cakes (delicious!) and lollipop shaped desserts (we saw them go by, but didn't order them) - as well as more traditional seafood. The branzino was prepared perfectly and served with a sauce that we wanted to bottle and take home. The only miss was the angry calamari - it was a little too salty. For dessert, we shared a peach & caramel parfait - a little sweet, but that didn't stop us from eating all of it! The service was very attentive - our server seemed genuinely concerned about our experience.Special Features:
- Shamefully bad food and serviceTheDrDined on 8/2/2014I rarely leave reviews, but this experience was so awful I had to share it with other potential diners. 1. They could not find our reservation. My confirmation email did not phase the hostess, who had an attitude. Also, we were early, and there was no one at all in the dining room, though she still was hesitant to seat us. 2. We checked the online menu prior to reserving just days before, and upon arriving discovered several of the items were not on the menu. Bottom line, the online menu is out of date. 3. My wife and son ordered chicken, and for $29 received appetizer-sized portions. For $28 each, it was shameful. 4. Though the room was half empty, food took forever to arrive. Diners seated well after us were served sooner.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014We like to take advantage of NYC Restaurant Week when it rolls around, and choose Fishtail as one of our stops. It was a treat as the menu options were extensive and everything we chose was delicious. The service was solid and the ambiance was energetic. We will certainly return here as well as other Burke restaurants as you can be assured the menu offerings will be progressive and pkease the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HaThan/VietNguyenJolinaHTDined on 8/1/2014This modern cuisine is definitely perfect ideal/choices for restaurant week adventure, with budget spending but finish with excellent cuisine & happy ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generosity PersonifiedBubbeVIPDined on 8/1/2014We go to all of the David Burke restaurants in NY. All of them are terrific. The restaurant week menus cannot be surpassed. It is the regular menu with just a few supplements. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week Find!lilflute86Dined on 8/1/2014Food was excellent and the service was great! I particularly enjoyed the large selection for restaurant week. The appetizers and desserts were especially amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fishtail Is a Great Place to EatCarlVIPDined on 8/1/2014This was our second time at Fishtail and we were not disappointed. We were there during restaurant week so we were able to get a 3 course meal for $38 per person although mine was extra because I ordered the Lobster Rigatoni, which was delicious. You usually can't go wrong at a David Burke restaurant. It is a little further away from Broadway so if you eat there, give yourself an extra half hour to walk to take a cab or the subway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- showgalVIPDined on 8/1/2014We went for the Restaurant Week dinner. The choices were very nice. The food was good but we found the restaurant to be too hectic. Waiters were rushing around. Tables were small and very close together.Special Features:
- Great experience at FishtailNewYorkCityZel500Dined on 7/31/2014After having so many bad experiences lately, it was a pleasure to have a very good one at this spot. The service was attentive and very professional. The food was not the "same old, same old" and was actually quite inspired all the way through and including desert. Bravo to the staff at Fishtail! Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- jackDined on 7/31/2014Maybe this is just a function of restaurant week, but it was annoying to wait an hour past the time of my reservation. Dining room too loud due to a table of diners probably drunk from too many cocktails during their equally long wait.
- Food was greatkbnyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Made to wait about 20 minutes for our reservation in a VERY crowded, VERY noisy bar area. Tables very close together & restaurant was quite noisy. Server was fine - we kept getting offered drink menus (not "real" menus), & I had the sense they were a bit disappointed we were not drinkers. Anyway, food was wonderful.I had branzino on broccolini in a very light lemon sauce - excellent, as was the gazpacho. Glad we went, hope to go back when a bit quieter.Special Features:
- FishtailJulNYC1Dined on 7/30/2014We enjoyed our dinner at David Burke Fishtail very much. We particularly enjoyed the enthusiasm of the sommelier Katie who brought us our amazing bottle of Clos Ste. Hune. The cheesecake lollipops lived up to the hype as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badKal1986Dined on 7/29/2014It was good overall but the tables might be to close to each other which could be a problem if u sit next to a jerk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againsusanVIPDined on 7/29/2014Gave Fishtail a second chance. Will never go back again. The silverware was dirty, took 14 minutes to get olives for martini that they added an up charge for straight up. Atleast this time the AC was working & not a fire trap downstairs like last time. Too expensive to have 2 disappointing meals in a row. They knew I was unhappy the last time & did nothing about it for the return visit. Poor management.
- noisyRichmonderDined on 7/29/2014I liked the David Burke Town House and was looking forward to the Fishtail. Unfortunately, the place was packed and so noisy that we did not enjoy the dinner at all. I must say that I happen to go there during the restaurant week. I think the place was over-booked. The popover was cold and there was no "wow" factor in the seasoning on the fish. The waiter was excellent.
- No Restaurant Week BargainSomewhatDisappointedDined on 7/29/2014Thought I would be getting a restaurant week bargain, unfortunately, did not. Portions were not very generous The drinks were expensive. Around $20 each for both cocktails and wine by the glass. And the worst part was that although service was courteous we felt rushed. The 3 course dinner was served in under an hour. So if you want to enjoy an unrushed dinner this is not the place at least not during restaurant week.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWElvalouDined on 7/28/2014Monday night and a great vibe. We sat at a small table and ordered a drink while we waited patiently for our table. To our surprise Our drinks were paid because we waited longer than normal (It was restaurant week.). The staff, the food and there service were outstanding, loved every minute and every bite. I have never tasted better raspberry sorbet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as anticipatedhon123Dined on 7/28/2014Drinks are very expensive, waited for an hour for the table although had reservation. Food was ok, deserts very good, understaffed.
- A bad startFirstClassVIPDined on 7/27/2014The young female sommelier brought us a 2012 bottle rather than the 2012 we ordered. The 2011 was what was listed on the extensive hard bound wine list. First she said the menu had a typo, then she said 2012 was better. Neither line sounded right. She also could not clearly tell us why the 2012 was better. The fod was good but not exceptional.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014High quality seafood in a townhouse setting. Expensive wine list with barely an affordable choice unless you've got a corporate card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un enthusedUndercoverfoodiesDined on 7/27/2014The food was All over the spectrum! The lobster dumplings were Very rich, the tuna tasteless...the salmon and tuna dinners were Again shockingly tasteless, the artichokes and quinoa totally dry...and the peach dessert was so rich that it gave us a stomach ache...where were the peaches? We walked home with heavy stomachs.
- ConsistentlyPerfectVIPDined on 7/27/2014Everything was perfect as usual. Food, service, ambience, greeting upon entering. EverythingSpecial Features: