1753 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.masraffs.com/
- Phone: 7133551975
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dominic Juarez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ten years have passed since Russell&Tony Masraff first captured Houston’s attention by opening Masraff’s™ on Post Oak Lane and they've done it again with their new location on Post Oak Blvd. Voted one of the best upscale restaurants in town, they are now bringing the fine dining experience to your home or business. From a business luncheon to a private dinner, chef for an evening or a catered gala, you can count on the same quality of food and service that has made their restaurant such a success. Working in close partnership with their clients, they ensure everything is prepared to perfection
- Private Party Facilities: Chef's Room up to 20 people, Vintage Room up to 50 people, Balcony up to 60, Main Dining Room up to 70, Whole Restaurant up to 200. Please call for prices and availability
- Private Party Contact: Holly MacArevey 713-355-1975
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Wednesday evening through Saturday evening.
A word from Masraff's
Masraff's on Post Oak Blvd is a casually elegant upscale restaurant owned and operated by Houston restaurateurs, Tony and Russell Masraff. The restaurant has quickly become a local favorite with it's unique American cuisine and contemporary ambiance. Best described as American cuisine with a touch of Southern Europe, the seafood, fowl, homemade pastas, lamb, beef and seasonal game will satisfy the most discriminating diner. Soon after opening, Masraff's received stellar early reviews, including the prestigious three-star rating from the Houston Chronicle Dining Guide, as well as being named among the ten new restaurants on the culinary cutting edge in the US by The Wall Street Journal. For a delightful culinary experience, dine at the Chef's Table, where the Chef prepares a gourmet six -course dinner of his choosing. The Restaurant, which has recently moved to 1753 Post Oak Blvd from its former location at 1025 S.Post Oak Lane, seats over 200 for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Masraff's - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Masraff's reviews from OpenTable diners
280 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (189)fit for foodies (154)romantic (127)notable wine list (118)good for groups (75)neighborhood gem (55)hot spot (49)vibrant bar scene (45)great for lunch (40)great for brunch (14)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Unimpressive Birthday Dinnerbeatnavy78Dined on 8/22/2014We went to Masraff's recently to celebrate my wife's birthday. The restaurant was busy, active, and loud - a far cry from the intimate, romantic place I remembered when I visited their former location. The food was good, but not anything I would rave about, especially given the abundance of fancy, expensive establishments throughout Houston. Little attention was paid to my wife's special occasion, aside from an obligatory candle placed in her dessert. Although the atmosphere was more "exciting," it was not what I had anticipated. Probably won't be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great services!FoodLoveRDined on 8/20/2014My dinner dates was fun! We're all ordered three courses meal to support houston restaurant weekend. Seafood risotto was delicious. For main course I had lamb chops, it was awesome, very flavorful, great seasoning. And for dessert, I had warm chocolate fondant with vanilla ice Cream. Mr. Tony himself visited us at the table. FANTASTIC overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationspearlladyDined on 8/20/2014Everything was very inventive, creative & delicious. Perfectly cooked lamb, as requested. The grilled calamari is worth a detour ! I will definitely be returning. It was very crowded but the service was up to the challenge. Wine steward was particularly helpful.Special Features:
- Masraff's 08/19/2014luvfinediningDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I dined at Masraff's for our 19th Wedding Anniversary. The food was outstanding! We both had calamari as an appetizer and agreed was the best that we've had anywhere. I ordered the filet ( so tender that it almost melted in your mouth) and my husband had the lamb which was delicious as well. The portion sizes were very generous so by the time we got the creme brûlée as dessert , we were almost full (no complaints; rare problem to have at a restaurant). It was our anniversary. Our server surprised us with a divine chocolate dessert with ice cream and on the plate was written in chocolate the words "Happy Anniversary ". We were touched and thought it was such a sweet and kind gesture. We will be returning back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I hosted some friends from Atlanta for Houston Restaurant Month at Masraffs. The food selection was great and every course was perfect. Great taste, great presentation and good timing between courses. Highly recommend. The owner even stopped by our table to thank us for coming and dinning with them. Not too often you hear that these days!Special Features:
- Relaxing Fine DiningClassyRelaxedFineDiningDined on 8/19/2014Not too uptight and yet great service. I could see going there with a group of people and really enjoying it, or on a romantic date. The steak was absolutely wonderful although slightly salty (which I like), and the rest of the food was put together very well. The menu was not innovative because it is not that type of place, but they do classic food well.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014Thank you Masraff's and thank you to Tracey or our outstanding meal and service. We had a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Fabulous! Will go again!BizzyBeeDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I haven't been out for a nice romantic dinner in ages. It was nice to get dressed up to go into town and our dress matched the restaurant. It was very uptown and modern. The service was great and the food was better! As an added treat the owner came around and greeted guests. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!!Cp2014Dined on 8/16/2014We love coming to Masraff's every year for HRW! The menu, staff, service never disappoints!! Tony always comes around and talks to the guests which is so nice! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the perfect lamp chopjessDined on 8/16/2014Lamb chop was cooked to perfection. We were curious and ordered 4 different main but we all wished we ordered the lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shaky start but turned out niceWineNdineDined on 8/15/2014My boyfriend and I went to Masraff's for a nice, romantic dinner on a Friday night. We had a reservation and were seated quickly. We were initially seated outside in their side patio which was right off the bar and which was attired with patio seating...definitely not the romantic dinner we were expecting. My boyfriend went back up to the hostess stand and politely asked if we could be seated elsewhere. The hostess sat us in a much nicer location where there were multiple other open tables showing that they were not so busy as to have sat us in the only available location. While the rest of the dinner turned out nice, this definitely set an overtone to the evening. We will likely not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceEnjoyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Service was excellent. Food was very good. Overall a very nice experienceSpecial Features:
- Mimi929Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent....food and service..we will return....the owner came by our table adding a personal touch...niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting and divine calamariOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014The grilled calamari is amazing! I really enjoyed having Mr. Masraff great us - twice. A great restaurant is always further enhanced by a personal connection. Nice touch by a very classy gentleman.Special Features:
- Houston Restaurant week 8/2014islandgirlDined on 8/15/2014There are about 5 choices for each category: appetizers, entrees, and desserts. We had risotto, bacon wrapped quail breast, garlic seared calamari for appetizers. Off the menu the chef also added another entree: soft-shell crab tempura style served with various vegetables like that were offered with chicken breast. My husband did not like it. The tempura breading was very thick and the crab wasn't delicious. The other entrees: porcini laced Hawaiian swordfish (shutomi) and diver scallops with Hawaiian big eye tuna were absolutely well-done. Everything is cooked to perfection. For dessert we liked chocolate fondant and hot mini doughnuts. Overall we liked everything except the soft-shell crab. Service was attentive. We were very pleased.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysMarlVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food and service were outstanding. Gumbo was a great appetizer. Lamb chops were great as usual. First time had soft shell crab tempura - it was wonderful. Wine list extensive. Our server Chase was very attentive and friendly. He helped make the experience memorable. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One word - AMAZING!!!glam1divaDined on 8/14/2014Our server Kimberly was awesome - she was very well-versed on not only the menu but also made excellent wine recommendations! The owner Tony Masraff also came over and greeted us personally at our table. The food was divine and the atmosphere beautiful and perfect for a romantic dinner! I will definitely return for another dining experience at Masraff's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best!FrankcitadelVIPDined on 8/13/2014I can't say enough good things about the restaurant. The food was great as was the service. You aren't rushed but you are not ignored. The owner stops by just to make sure everything is good. Definitely a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Add this place to my listHoustonTravlerVIPDined on 8/13/2014My wife and I make it a point to visit new places during Restaurants Week. We had not been to Masraff's in some years. It was wonderful. The food was outstanding. The service was fast and friendly. The place was packed, but somehow they still managed to keep the food standards at some REALLY high level. Of a half a dozen places we have visited during Restaurants Week this is the one we talk about and the one to which we will return. It you have not been... or its been a while. Go. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014We went here for restaurant weeks and were blown away. The food was delicious and the portions were a good size. We all left full and very satisfied. We definitely want to come back again and try their full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegladiwentVIPDined on 8/13/2014The overall experience, from the service to the food was just excellent. However, if you don't like being around people who just want to be seen at a nice place to show off, you may get turned off walking in the door. But honestly, if you are that kind of person, I would still recommend you time to try this place at an off peak time because it is that good.
- Superb HRW experience!TravelerTrishDined on 8/13/2014Don't let the strip center bland exterior put you off, because the interior opens up to a top-class dining experience. We were pleased to be in the wine room, much quieter than the buzzing main area. Our server (Hugh?) was very polished and professional. After checking the HRW menu, we were quite happy with the Food Bank-aiding selections and traded tastes. The calamari provided a delicate but bright contrast to the bacon/quail/poblano richness. We loved the duet of perfectly cooked scallops and ahi. The rack of lamb surprised us with its unassuming looking accompaniment, a sort of potato and mushroom hash that had great earthy flavor. HRW is a great way to find new favorites, and we're putting Masraff's on the list.Special Features:
- 38th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Since I choose Masraff's for our 38 anniversary celebration I would have liked a table that was a bit more secluded, i.e. - not in the bar packed with people ???? That was a bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paid a lot for a stomach acheScottDined on 8/11/2014Are 3 times already. Spend $150 with my wife this night, foods were okay, we both got stomach ache and dia....... $150 for dinner, $3 for medicine, staying up with your wife thinking about life- priceless
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/11/2014We went to Masraff's for HRW. The calamari appetizer is amazing and the risotto du jour (spinach/tomato/bacon on this day) was also excellent. Rack of lamb was perfectly cooked and the crispy potato/mushroom mixture that came with it was the ideal accompaniment. Dessert resembled beignets (they were tagged as mini donuts, cooked to order) and was fried dough rolled in cinnamon-sugar...tough to go wrong there. They were executed properly and weren't overly greasy...if there had been a fruit sauce of some sort, these would have been perfect. Service was attentive, but not overbearing. Water was always full, bread basket was a nice touch, and upon entering the restaurant there were tons of people to welcome us. All around great experience!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week HITCassoonerDined on 8/11/2014I chose Masraff's to celebrate my birthday dinner, and I could not have chosen better! The Houston Restaurant Weeks menu was incredible. The worst part of dinner was having to choose what to order; everything sounded incredible! I had the squid appetizer and Hawaiian swordfish entree. My date chose the risotto du jour (bacon and tomato) and the filet mignon. For dessert we selected the mini doughnuts (beignets) and the chocolate fondant. Then our waitress surprised us with her favorite, a cranberry bread pudding, as a birthday treat on the house. We ate EVERY BITE of our dinner, save two small pieces of bread in the basket. Our reasonably priced Spanish wine ($35 bottle) was excellent and complimented the entire menu. An incredible evening!Special Features:
- Masraff's never disappoints!njd1VIPDined on 8/9/2014We've had many occasions to dine here and anything from serving a group of 50 to a quiet dinner for 2- they handle it beautifully! The food is fabulous, service is wonderful, great wine list!! Was there twice this week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Weeks 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Th filet was perfectly prepared & Mr. Masraff came over to say hello- nice touch. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Delicious..CamilleDined on 8/8/2014Tried the restaurant as it was participating in Houston Restaurant Weeks. The menu options were wonderful - our party of 4 was very happy with the meal.Special Features:
- nachomarieDined on 8/7/2014We came for the Houston Restaurant Week menu and were very pleased with the food and service. We did notice, however, that all the people in the little room where we were seated were ordering off the HRW menu as well, so we felt somewhat isolated from the true experience of the restaurant itself. The room felt hot when we walked in, but when we mentioned it to our waiter it seemed to cool down somewhat. We did appreciate Tony himself coming around to each individual table to ask how our dinner was----that was a nice touch. Other than that, we would probably recommend and return again.Special Features:
- Disappointed ExperienceWorldFoodieDined on 8/7/2014We were excited to dine at Masraff's and sadly it started off with Hostesses with very unwelcoming attitudes. They initially tried to seat us on the patio in front of a large fan blowing on the table which was more like a taqueria atmosphere. When asked for another table, the lead hostess showed even more of an attitude for inconveniencing her. Once seated by the kitchen, it took some time to get our meal and attention for refills. The owner was pleasant to visit each table but it was hard to overcome the hostesses. There are plenty of other restaurants whose welcome is far more inviting.Special Features:
- restaurant weeks date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014I have been told by many to go to this restaurant. It was a great experience all around. However, the price is high, and we didn't leave full, but satisfied. Every item we chose off the preselected menu was very tasty. we enjoyed this restaurant and would definitely return, but probably only for special occasions. Price is the only draw back in relation to quantity of food on plate. However, staff very knowledgeable with menu items, and provided great recommendations on the foods we questioned. The owner walks table to table asking about your experience. Definitely the best service I have received thus far at any restaurant we have gone to. I love the environment, the staff and the food was very good.Special Features:
- DouglasBDined on 8/7/2014Had limited time due to theater tickets. Waiter saw to it that our time requirements were met. Great food and service. It was also the month that restaurants in Houston support the Houston Food Bank by sharing part of its proceeds with the Food Bank. Knowing the restaurant was participating in that program was a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurantLld71Dined on 8/6/2014My husband and I went here for my birthday. It was an excellent dining experience. The owner, Tony Masraff walked around the restaurant greeting everyone. At one point he walked over to the window ave helped a waiter with the window shade. He did all of his in a sling. The quality of the food is enough to make me want to return, but the excellent service and personal touch has made Masraff's my new favorite restaurant in the Galleria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the calamarirocketVIPDined on 8/6/2014Love the calamari as always. The food is always wonderful and the service excellent. Thanks Jackie, it was a delight to see you again. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- wonderful experiencenibblesVIPDined on 8/4/2014we enjoyed our dinner in the wine cellar although each room is beautiful--the service is great (wish I had asked the name of our waiter as he was super). The food is delicious in lovely surroundings-we did the Restaurant week menu and all of us were pleased-especially the dessert of chocolate a real winner--but all had great food and all dishes prepared to the correct temperature ordered-another kudo to the kitchen and our lovely waiter-we will go again and soon. another nice touch is the complementary parking-I just love this feature-and the owner comes by to check-al l in all a great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an excellent experienceTruVietBabeDined on 8/4/2014The food and service are always exceptional, and I never leave there feeling disappointed or hungry. My only issue was the Hawaiian swordfish was a bit overcooked this time, which is very unusual for Masraff because I've eaten numerous seafood and fish dishes there and they have always been perfectly cook. Everything else we had was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie12VIPDined on 8/2/2014The food was delicious. We had the Restaurant Week menu which is often not as good as the regular menu at restaurants, but this was an exception. Entres p, appetizers and desserts were all perfect.Special Features:
- critic24Dined on 8/2/2014Always excellent food and attentive service have dined there many timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KurthDined on 8/2/2014Dinner was delicious and service very good. As usual, a meal at Masraff's is wonderful experience.Special Features: