Lucca Back Bay
116 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Lucca Back Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luccabackbay.com/
- Phone: 6172472400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner daily 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Andres Cruz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our elegant mezzanine dining room seating 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: * 6172472400x
A word from Lucca Back Bay
From creators of the acclaimed North End restaurant, Lucca, Lucca Back Bay features upscale, regional, contemporary cuisine in Boston's Back Bay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lucca Back Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)special occasion (39)notable wine list (28)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (25)romantic (25)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- It was hard to see from theSharon123Dined on 8/11/2008It was hard to see from the street and we drove right by it. The valet was very friendly and efficient. We were greeted immediately and seated. The room decor was comfortable-chic. The food was VERY good and attractive (chilled tomato soup and cod/corn cakes for me, beet risotto and short ribs for my husband). The wine list was comprehensive. The wait staff was very attentive. It was Restaurant Week, and sometimes restaurants get all flustered, but Sasso was well organized and enjoyable. Would I go back? Sure!Special Features:
- I enjoyed Sasso's RestaurantjojoDined on 8/10/2008I enjoyed Sasso's Restaurant week menu. I was delicious. The ambiance was a bit stuffy and no conversation from the service staff. I enjoy Lucca in the North End much more.Special Features:
- Sasso had an outstanding menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/26/2008Sasso had an outstanding menu, impecable presentation and very attentive service. The chef used seasonal, fresh ingredients to create unique dishes that were delicious. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- While visiting Boston withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2008While visiting Boston with my Girlfriend, I wanted to take her to a romantic place for her birthday. Sasso was wonderful, the ambiance was very pleasant and the food and service was very good. We had a very nice time and she was very impressed with the entire experience. I would recommend the restaraunt as a romantic, special occasion spot.Special Features:
- The entire experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/2/2008The entire experience was exceptional. The wine, the food and the service were all impeccable. I would recommend Sasso to anyone.Special Features:
- It was a great restaurantTobyKVIPDined on 6/28/2008It was a great restaurant for pre-Symphony. We reserved for 6:00 pm and had plenty of time to enjoy our dinner and walk to the theater. A few other theater goers were there as well. Our server was attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu and specials. Nice experience overall.Special Features:
- Waiter was excellent. ExtremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/26/2008Waiter was excellent. Extremely knowledgable and very friendly.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2008The food was excellent. We eat out in Boston at least twice a month and found this to be one of Boston's best kept secrets!Special Features:
- Food and service were veryPickyDinerVIPDined on 6/12/2008Food and service were very good, but prices were a bit disproportionate to the quality and quantity of food. The space is much too loud -- very difficult to carry on a conversation.
- There needs to be more ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2008There needs to be more of a variety onthe menu. I was not pleased with the food.
- The restaurant is elegantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2008The restaurant is elegant and the menu has some very interesting selections but, even though the food was nicely prepared, the taste was not outstanding. We expected more for the high prices they charge. Also, we had told them in advance that we were celebrating a birthday in our group of 4, and they didn't do anything special to acknowledge that (ie no candle in desert). I don't think we would dine here again.
- We had an enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2008We had an enjoyable dining experience prior to our night at The Pops. We dine in town 6-8 times per year. With so many restaurants to choose from in Boston, I doubt that we would choose Sasso again. Our best wishes for their success! Milton, MA
- The staff successfully triedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2008The staff successfully tried very hard to make our evening special. The chef prepared a special dessert sampler with a special off menu chocolate fondant that everybody and all chocolate lovers did or would appreciate.Special Features:
- Gnocchi appetizer was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2008Gnocchi appetizer was very good. Not sure quality overall is comparable with the prices.Special Features:
- Good place to catch up withOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/27/2008Good place to catch up with a group of friends or for a business dinner. Menu was good. Food was good not great. Table next to us had the same thoughts. If I'm in that area and wanted to have an outstanding dinner with excellent service and a great wine list - I'd go to Sorrellina.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/22/2008The food and service were good but it seems overpriced relative to other good Boston restaurants.
- lobster dish for 32.00 hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/22/2008lobster dish for 32.00 had just a smigion of lobster....all pasta...quite disappointing
- Maybe not a "rare find," butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/19/2008Maybe not a "rare find," but a "wonderful find." I discovered Sasso a year ago, went twice during the same Boston stay, and brought friends with me this time. We were delighted by the ambiance, food, service, and wine.--Also, Boston Mag thought prices were high; my threesome from upstate NY thought they quite reasonable considering quality, location, etc.Special Features:
- Very much enjoyed the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/17/2008Very much enjoyed the service as always. We have become regulars here ecause of late-night theater goers accomodation,Special Features:
- it was good, wasn't blownpinkyVIPDined on 5/16/2008it was good, wasn't blown away by meny choices and they had a terrible dessert menu, we left and went somewhere else for dessert. not 1 chocolate item on dessert menu
- Delighted to find a firstOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2008Delighted to find a first class restaurant in the Copley square neighborhood. Martini's were great too. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Our experince was good. OneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2008Our experince was good. One suggestion would be to have some type of chicken on the menu.Special Features:
- Unnecessarly restrictive.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/8/2008Unnecessarly restrictive. When I asked to order (NOT substitute) an additional vegetable that typically is served with an entree that I was not eating, I was told that I couldn't do that becasue all dinners are proportioned and couldn't be changed. While we were there between 7:15 and 8:45, there were three tables in use in the dining room.
- The food was creative andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008The food was creative and comforting, the rigatoni was very delicious. Very nice server, very informative and helpful. Delicious chianti. A bit overpriced for pasta, and the portions were a little smaller than most places. But, overall, the quality was better than most places so that made up for the small quantity. We plan to go back to celebrate something special.Special Features:
- For the prices that you pay,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/1/2008For the prices that you pay, there are much more service oriented restuarants, but not Sassa. They were not accomodating for vegeatarians - stick to the menu only! Extremely limited choices. Usually most ALL restaurants that we go to are 99% more accomodating. We scratced Sasso off our Blackberry.
- I chose Sasso because of theBonnieDined on 4/30/2008I chose Sasso because of the location and because I have had good experiences at Lucca in the North End. It far exceeded my expectations. Everything was absolutely delicious from beginning to end and the service was fabulous. I am a pretty critical diner and I could not find one single thing that I didn't think was superb. The restaurant was a little pricey, but worth every penny. I had the Orecchiette with Lobster and my brother had the Ravioli with Goat Cheese and Onion Marmalade. Both dishes were wonderful.Special Features:
- Very good but not a "wow"OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/30/2008Very good but not a "wow" for the price. My entree was slightly overcooked.Special Features:
- Friendly but service was slowcrackerDined on 4/29/2008Friendly but service was slow and there were lots of empty tables.Special Features:
- On Saturday night, we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/26/2008On Saturday night, we had reservations for 20 at 830. The staff was very helpful; we had a large party and they were able to accommadate us well even without us doing a prix fixe menu. The food was delicious and the service excellent. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We appreciated their flexibility considering the changing number of guests in the days preceding the dinner. Thanks!Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful.deesardaisDined on 4/26/2008Everything was wonderful. Only one criticism. When our dinner's were served, no one came back to check to see if everything was alright. In fact we had to get up and find someone toask our server to bring back a steak that was to be cooked medium well but showed up rare. Otherwise, a memorable meal and evening!Special Features:
- Your outstanding food andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/15/2008Your outstanding food and wine selections were trumped only by your willingness to create an exceptional dining experience which catered to challenging special requests and left everyone in our party wanting to come back again and again. Thank you for such a memorable meal. Brad GleimSpecial Features:
- Our meal experience was mixed;OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/5/2008Our meal experience was mixed; overall the group felt that all around the food, while at times tasty and cooked well, was overly salted. The Gnocchi appetizer was a hit. Dessert definitely disappointed: PB & J, Tiramisu and Apple Crisp.Special Features:
- We loved Sasso. It was aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2008We loved Sasso. It was a great location for dinner before theater at the Huntington. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- I was very pleased with theOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/1/2008I was very pleased with the upgrade in the quality of the food.Special Features:
- While the price might keepOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2008While the price might keep me from going to Sasso more often, the food certainly would not. The rabbit appetizer was incredible, and the steak was probably the best I have ever had. Cooked perfectly. Even the salad was excellent. The wine list was very high end, with many more choices out of our price range than in it. However, despite getting what looked to be the cheapest wine on the list, it was a very good wine. The service was excellent too. There were many other items on the menu that we wanted to try (and will). This was well worth the price. Sasso was much better than many restaurants we have eaten at that were in the same or higher price ranges. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Sasso is upscale without beingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2008Sasso is upscale without being pretentious. The food is excellent, although I wouldn't mind a few more choices on the menu. The staff are friendly and professional. The wine list is excellent, though quite expensive. In fact, the entire meal is quite expensive, but a really nice spot for special occasions. It's a beautiful space with delicious food and great staff; we're regulars. Also, the bar is gorgeous and never crowded; the perfect place to have a before or after dinner drink.Special Features:
- Service great. Food was justOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2008Service great. Food was just okay for restaurant week. Me and my guest felt a little rushed.
- Hopefully, we just had a badOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2008Hopefully, we just had a bad waiter but I must say that the service definitely left something to be desired. On a night when just about everything went right (all of the appetizers, salads, and entrees were delicious), it's unfortunate that our waiter didn't have the time and/or couldn't be bothered to help make the evening an enjoyable experience. Instead, his behavior was such that it detracted from the evening. Enough that we all discussed during and after dinner. That was really the only complaint any of the people in my party had.Special Features:
- Dinner was fantastic - veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/21/2008Dinner was fantastic - very tasty dishes and the atmosphere was active and lively but not overly noisy. The waiter forgot one of our desserts, but it was well worth the wait.Special Features:
- with the exception of theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2008with the exception of the hair in my soup, everything was excellent. the flavors and food were fantastic (except for the hair in my soup). The service was exceptional. and management handled the situation regarding the hair in my soup with grace and consideration.Special Features: