David Burke Townhouse
133 East 61st St.
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
David Burke Townhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davidburketownhouse.com/
- Phone: 2128132121x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 4:00pm Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We have an additional vegetarian menu.
- Special Events: Group dining is available at multiple price levels in semi-private spaces for groups of 20-200. All menus can be modified to meet your particular needs. We cater to both social and corporate events. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- Cross Street: Park and Lexington
- Public Transit: Subway: 4,5,6,N,R trains to 59th and Lexington. F train to 63rd and Lexington.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are two nearby garages. One is located on 61st street between Lexington and 3rd Avenues and the other is located on 61st street between Park and Madison Avenues (we are between Lexington and Park Avenues).
A word from David Burke Townhouse
David Burke Townhouse is the masterpiece of Award-winning Executive Chef David Burke, whose reputation for wildly creative takes on American ingredients is unsurpassed. Since 2003, David Burke has been serving provocative Modern American Cuisine in an elegantly refurbished Upper East Side space. The restaurant's design is inspired by the bold colors and lacquered surfaces on the 1930's, yet it has decidedly contemporary aesthetic. Upon entering David Burke Townhouse, guests will feel the glamour and sense of fun in the lounge with its sleek white gloss, stone bar and whimsical art installations. The volume of color and drama is turned up for the main event, the dining room, where a striking color palette of chocolate, vanilla and lipstick colors prevails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
David Burke Townhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- the outstanding chef's saladbookladyDined on 11/6/2013the outstanding chef's salad was perfect for lunch...a shared apple dessert was just enough...only negative....only a small amount of choices were listed for the $27 prix fixe lunch.
- No questionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/3/2013With all the choices NYC offers, this May have moved to the top of the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David Burke = culinary geniousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2013Yet again, a David Burke restaurant has impressed and fully satisfied its eager guests. In this case, our 10 year wedding anniversary at Townhouse. The level of service and attentiveness was beyond compare. Townhouse staff were aware of our special occasion and treated us like royalty! The food... Oh my God the food... incredible crab cakes, perfectly seared scallops, delectable crispy lobster, to name just a few. Thirst-quenching cocktails and a modest check made this a PERFECT evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantManhattanVIPDined on 10/31/2013What a wonderful restaurant, a creative menu beautifully executed, wonderful service and great ambiance. My husband had the Apple themed seasonal prix fixe menu and it was absolutely divine (and an exceptional value). The wine list is good but we would recommend adding some interesting, reasonably priced bottles to the list. Other than that, a wonderful restaurant - highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy eveningmargotDined on 10/31/2013Dining room was little bit crowded. We spent evening at the bar, bartender Mario was very attentive ,friendly and professional. We left happy. Duck and crab cake were outstanding as was cucumber martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wished it was betterPookVIPDined on 10/26/2013Not very impressive sadly, good but not great at all, the bread was very hard to start with and then throughout the meal everything was just mediocre nothing blew me away and dessert was not very good in fact one dessert was ineduble looked liked toothpaste on the plate, sorry but not impressed
- A LITTLE GEMnycdivaDined on 10/26/2013WONDERFUL COURTEOUS STAFF, EXCELLENT FOOD, GREAT PRESENTATION AND LOVELY AMBIANCE......DAVID BURKE ALWAYS MAKES IT FUN AND MEMORABLESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodArnieVIPDined on 10/24/2013I hadn't been to David Burkes Townhouse for some time, but it was very good and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat to dine at DavidOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/22/2013What a treat to dine at David Burke Townhouse! The hostess and manager made us feel so welcome. Our server and all service staff were also very friendly and attentive. Everything was delicious. Must haves include tuna and salmon tartare, pretzel crusted crab cake, pumpkin pasta, and scallops. Let's not forget their lollipop tree and peanut brittle! Will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience - value for moneyTrineDined on 10/20/2013Great restaurant in a cool/trendy environment. Great and delicious food served very delicately. You really get value for money here. Definitely not the last time I've been to David Burke Townhouse. The only downside was that we had to ask for the winelist when our food was served (hence the three stars for service), but service was very friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch experienceGevonDined on 10/20/2013Excellent brunch experience altogether. Food was good, but service could have been better.Special Features:
- Best in NyFillyDined on 10/18/2013Best restaurant in Ny!! beautiful decor, incredible service. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so soLidsDined on 10/18/2013We are fans of David Burke and his food , but this time not so much. Appetizers were just ok. The duck entree was very fine, but the salmon was just ok. The seasonings were not really "there". The real deal killer was dessert . Billed as butterscotch panna cotta, it was served as pudding. An instant pudding with a beautiful marshmallow meringue garnish. A shame. Our service was good, however, no one checked in during the entree phase. Wine brought our tab to a bit south of $200.00. Not worth the money, we are sad to report.
- Took and Important ContactnoeticbluesDined on 10/14/2013I took and important business contact to lunch here, and man who has a very expensive lifestyle and is very in-the-know. He seemed very happy with the choice. *whew*. We had a party of four and were seated all the way in the back of the room near the fireplace, which was nice because we could see everything going on and not be in the way. Being in the way is a serious issue here -- I'm glad all of our party were slender because they pack those tables in! The decor is tastefully whimsical. I don't recommend the pumpkin pasta, but the butterscotch panna cotta was amazing. Also fun was the lollipop tree!Special Features:
- Bad dining experience1234VIPDined on 10/13/2013We had a terrible dining experience. Food was mediocre, the staff is poorly trained. The main goal is to push customers to order the most expensive items on the menu. The room has too many waiters and yet we had to signal one of them to refill our wine glasses. When it comes to food, portions are too big and the most of the main dishes are buried under the mountain of french fries or sauces.
- Overrated - huge disappointment!ClebbyVIPDined on 10/13/2013Beautiful setting - marginal food! What a disappointment!! We arrived for a 1 p.m. reservation and were seated promptly. We were then informed that the restaurant was out of its lobster appetizer and lobster entree. Since we are not meat eaters - this was a huge disappointment. We then ordered the $24 chef salad and asked for it to be served with only shrimp and not chicken. The salad arrived with two small shrimp only. One member of our group ordered the tuna tartare and the tuna was an unattractive red/black hue. The popovers were a nice touch and the cheesecake dessert pops were OK. On our way out @ 2:30 p.m., we passed a diner enjoying a lobster entree - perhaps they were more special than we were?
- Totally enjoyed the entireSherryDined on 10/12/2013Totally enjoyed the entire evening. Just too bad men are more casual. They should wear jacketsSpecial Features:
- If you want to impress....chuckVIPDined on 10/11/2013Had a great meal at David Burke's Townhouse. The service was exceptional and the food was delicious. The steak was a "10". Looking forward to eating there again. ChuckSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Surprise!VeeVeeDined on 10/10/2013Most outstanding restaurant I've been to in five years from beginning to end; decor, service, and staff included!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truffle abuse bad service ok foodTruffledVIPDined on 10/10/2013I am long time diner of DBT. Always great except this time. Got stuck in a corner table for two. Waiting 15 mins to see a waiter. Never offered a wine list. Frankly never saw him again till I complained. Then took order. Ordered short rub cavitelli pasta. Asked if he shave truffles. Should have asked how much. Entree 38. 5 truffle shavings 50 bucks. Bad service ok food and dishonest severs.Special Features:
- awesomemargotDined on 10/10/2013This restaurant was awesome! Small, intimate and delicious food. We loved it! We had beets and salad to start. Steak for a main was so delicious and the wine was great. Service was helpful, friendly and absolutely wonderful. Bartender Maurio made for me manhattan with balsamic vinegar, truly unique, one of the best I have ever taste. We loved this restaurant and will definitely be back when we return to New York. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchlkn4gr8foodDined on 10/8/2013Had a terrific lunch at David Burke Townhouse. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Ambiance is classy but relaxed. The burger and fries were an upscale treat. The crab cake, lobster salad and carrot cake bread pudding were also exceptional. The hit of the meal was the Butterscotch Panna Cotta with Curried Caramel. A real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but....DaveDined on 10/7/2013Sword fish arrived cold. Water glasses not refilled. Waiter never came back to check on the meal until I called him over. Dishes not cleared promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True MasterpieceRAD2626Dined on 10/7/2013Having eaten several times at David Burke's Fishtail, I expected the food and service to be excellent. What I did not expect was an over the top memorable experience. Everything was extraordinary - the Dover Sole was spectacular as was the angry lobster appetizer. The lamb shank in curry was equally good. Presentation and ambience from the personalized Wedgewood charging plates to the Chihuly knockoff glass throughout the restaurant was wonderful. The service was perfectly attentive without being overbearing. The wine list was a surprise - not that it was not complete, which it was, but for its prices. Based on my review, the wines were only about 150-200% of retail vs. the 3-4x most of the best NY restaurants/wine lists charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful find, and lookingNANOCDined on 10/7/2013A wonderful find, and looking forward to returning in the near future for another lovely meal. The tower of tuna and salmon tartare was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same old thing.BrunchdelightDined on 10/6/2013We were saying locally and searcched the internet in hopes of findinga unique brunch option. Having heard of David Burke ut never having the opportunity to try one of his restaurants we thought we would give it a try and are thrilled we did. Th establishment is beautifyll appointed, the service impeccable and the food options unique. The quality was amazing the the quantities surprisingly generous. We already have recommened the redsaurant to friends and family and it was only two days ago we were there. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative BrunchMeg5Dined on 10/5/2013This was a fantastic brunch for a celebration. Creative dishes, excellent service and a dessert that is really unheard of - all for a reasonable fixed price menu. Fantastic experience - we hope to be back.Special Features:
- Romantic PerfectionyokatasohoDined on 10/2/2013My lady and I were taken to a romantic corner table as requested, and had an absolutely stellar gastro experience before a show at the Park Avenue Armory. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a relaxing break in the daysmithDined on 10/2/2013Quietly energetic lunch in a lovely setting. Food and advice on the menu done patiently. Food excellent. Can't wait for a reason to return. Will try dinner next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time eating here.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/29/2013Our first time eating here. Cannot wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fir brunchDenver55VIPDined on 9/29/2013Sunday brunch was delicious. Attentive service without being pushy. Fun quirky decor with glass balloons hanging from the ceiling. Chicken and dumplings were amazing and the cheesecake lollipop dessert tree was the perfect ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch at David BurkeHarryDined on 9/29/2013The presentation was excellent as was the food. I had the lobster scramble as an appetizer and the steak & egg as the entree. The carrot cake, mousse and vanilla ice cream dessert along with coffee made for a great ending. At $39, it was well worth the money.Special Features:
- Stellar Food; Poor ServiceNYCAttorneyVIPDined on 9/28/2013On arrival, our group of 4 was promptly seated in the crowded back dining room at a table near the center of the room. We ordered three courses and had intended to "dine" but we were constantly rushed by the waitstaff and our table and chairs were jostled with nearly every passing diner and waiter. Our entrees arrived only 10 minutes after our appetizers! This is completely unacceptable for a restaurant of this type. The food was up to David Burke's usual standards but the service was an embarassment. I would strongly recommend David Burke Kitchen downtown over the Townhouse. Same great David Burke cuisine and dramatically friendlier and more relaxed service.Special Features:
- Great business dinnerfulpl8Dined on 9/25/2013I asked in advance for a quiet table. They accommodated with a table tucked away with a sidewalk view. It was much more lively toward the rear of the restaurant. Appetizer of pretzel-encrusted crab cake was delicious with great presentation. Entres ordered included Steak, scallops and braised short rib. Raves all around. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Great little place if you're stuck in midtown! I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencehootieDined on 9/23/2013I was dining by myself so I said at the bar and felt very comfortable, beautiful little bar! The bartender was great, and very friendly as was everyone else. My meal was delicious! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will returneskimoDined on 9/21/2013The night went off to a rough start, where they were 30 minutes late with our table. But we were given complimentary small bites to contain our appetitie which were really tasty. I have to say the seats were not comfortable and the tables are too closely put together, you are literally sitting on each others lap if you are on the couches...but all was forgiven with the quality of food and service thereafter. Probably the best meal i have had in NYC in a long time. The creative thinking behind the food and flavour combinations were simply stunning. Go here if you want to be food inspired, but make sure you leave room for the deserts. They were to die for, and I will certainly be returning to try those drunken donuts...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette dinnerorpheusDined on 9/21/2013The decor was great, it was upscale while still being fun, I adored the Humpty Dumpty's on the fireplace and the glass balloons in the hallway. As a group, we split two appetizers, the salmon/tuna tartar and the sea scallop "benedict" - both were delicious. I ordered the Duck Duck Duck which was okay. The duck and dumpling were very good but the meatloaf was tough and a little on the dry side. The other entrees ordered were the salmon (delicious), the stuffed sole (wish I had ordered that) and the beef shank, which was also very good. All of the waiters went out of their way to either congratulate me on my upcoming nuptials, including bringing me a very yummy chocolate souffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2013I just wrote a review that exceeded the character limit by 2000, so I will try to shorten it here! Basically, everything about dining here was amazing. I came here with my Mom and sister-in-law to celebrate my birthday. We were running late so called the restaurant to let them know. When we arrived, they seemed very gracious that we had called. The ambiance, service, and food were all phenomenal!! Some of our favorites - roasted beet salad, lobster steak, chicken and dumplings, cheesecake lollipop tree, and warm drunken donuts. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive. The darling boxes of chocolate we got at the end of the meal were the icing on a very delicious cake. The only downside was that we missed David Burke by about 20 minutes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food with attentivePPS2101VIPDined on 9/21/2013Outstanding food with attentive service, highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The greatest Brunch ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2013Yhe decor is fantastic, the food is over the top!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.