Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC
1050 Connecticut Ave
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: 2029555997x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 2:30 - 11:00pm Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Located on the Mezzanine Level of the Washington Square Building
Valet Parking Available Friday & Saturday for Dinner - $8
Garage Parking Available Sunday - Thursday located on 18th St.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! Pick up only.
- Special Events: Morton's in Washington DC (Downtown) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/washingtondc
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)romantic (45)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (33)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (26)great for outdoor dining (20)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (9)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- for a high end steak housebofunVIPDined on 2/25/2014for a high end steak house and the cost is was a bad experience - the initial waiter was very agressive, pushing very hard and very quickly like he was in an extreme hurry the sea food appetizer and assuming we all wanted the table version, this lasted all the way to desert, pushing very hard and quickly.........clearly Mortons trains their staff to behave in this manner - 3 out of 4 steaks were not cooked properly and sent back and the ones sent back were over cooked..........went to Ruth Chris down the street and it was wonderful, Mortons management clearly wants an aggressive fast paced customer and atmosphere-it used to be a good place to dine with clients this was not- go elsewhere
- I expected moreLuvsgoodreadsDined on 2/22/2014Morton's has always been a favorite of mine. So was excited to have my b-day dinner there. Nice ambiance; not too crowded, which was good because we had plans afterward. We were seated quickly, however things kind of went a bit down hill from there. Server was pleasant, but seemed a little distracted. Water took a bit - which the server himself commented. Meals also took longer than we would have expected. Food was pretty good; however, I ordered a chopped salad which came out with limp lettuce and what seemed like a smear of dressing...presentation left a lot to be desired. Also our sides didn't come out until we mentioned to the server that they were missing. Overall, not the worst evening, but I expected more from Mortons.Special Features:
- StalwartWestenderVIPDined on 2/21/2014My wife and I enjoy this restaurant two or three times a year and the quality of food and service is always first class. This time, we took advantage of Morton's special $60 full-meal special. It's quite a deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special Occasion Spotlaquita33Dined on 2/15/2014My husband and I have been dining at Morton's for Valentine's Day for over 5 years and we love it. The food is wonderful - our favorite is the lump crab appetizer and of course their steaks are the best :) I also love the chocolate mouse cake. We always get the best service every time we go. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Rough startOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014My husband and I were visiting DC for our 5 year ann. and Valentines Day. We arrived for an early dinner at our reservation time, my husband asked to be seated at a nice quiet, romantic table. Tyler proceeded to seat us in the line of all the dining room traffic, near a pole, in front of the kitchen. We sat that through our appetizers fuming at the nice, cozy, empty booths around us. My husband finally blew his top when we were offered a valentines picture and complained about our seating. Joe proceeded to move us to a much more ideal table and continued to be attentive to our needs. Throughout all of this, our waiter, Michael, was excellent. The food was good and typical of any Morton's. Overall, we left happy thanks to Joe and Michael.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ExperienceMrValentineDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I travelled to DC for Valentines weekend and choose Morton's for dinner. Our server (Chris) was very nice and left us aline checked on us when needed. I got a 16oz ribeye steak which was very cooked and juicy. The bread was piping hot just from the oven which was exceptional also. My girlfriend got a salad that was also very good. Will be going back to Morton's for another meal sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DateHollyNoelleVIPDined on 2/14/2014Morton's has a great ambiance, and our server was very attentive even though he was busy. The steak is great, but the sides and salads are not particularly notable. Great if you want to get dressed up and have a great steak. If you are looking for creative food, go elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice staff - bad attn to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014At first, the food runners brought us out the wrong food, which happened to belong to the couple next to us. When our food was brought to us 5 minutes later, my "medium rare" filet was nothing short of "well done". If you're going to tout yourself as one of the best steakhouses in the DC area (priced accordingly), more validations need to be put in place to ensure prompt and correct delivery of food. I won't be returning, at least not to the one downtown.
- OverratedBubbaDined on 2/14/2014I expected a lot more. The food was average and the service was the same. Not better than Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Save your moneyEddieDined on 2/14/2014We haven't really had a good service experience with Morton's in Connecticut Ave, so we tend to go to the one in Georgetown. But Georgetown Morton's was booked on Valentines Day so we settled for the one in Connecticut. As it turns out -- it's the worst service we've ever had. We didn't get a service for over 20, that's after flagging down the manager, our food was late and we never really got the service. We saw our waiter once, that's to take our order, never see him again. We flag the manager to pay our bills. Never again once or twice of bad service is fine, but this is the final straw. Say NO to Morton.Special Features:
- Terrible service!jenreviewVIPDined on 2/14/2014Our server (Daniella perhaps?) rushed us throughout the evening. She lied to us and told us there was not a prix fixe menu, but we heard her telling a neighboring table about it. It took 20 mins to get our wine. She didn't tell us about the dessert soufflés and how they require 45 mins to prepare until after our meal, and only after we specifically inquired. Soups were not hot, my steak was over cooked (though they did replace it) and the terrible service almost completely ruined our Valentine's Day meal. I'll never return.
- As always, the food, serviceLisaVIPDined on 2/11/2014As always, the food, service & ambience were great. Our server David was great & very attentive. The only thing that could have been a little better was the bread; it was just slightly over baked this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private Dinner InvasionfoodieVIPDined on 2/7/2014Good steak and friendly service. They sat us next to a party room, and at least 8 people from the party were congregating outside their private room, hovering around our table and holding conversations with each other (three feet from us) for almost an hour. It was extremely annoying, since much of the restaurant was empty. One of the managers said he was going to encourage them to move into the room soon and close the door. That took another 20 minutes to accomplish. The next time I want Morton's, I'll try a different one.
- Hubby's 50th Birthday Dinnerglassiter1120Dined on 1/30/2014This was a wonderful surprise for my husband. He was so surprised when he discovered that he was having dinner here to celebrate his 50th birthday. We really enjoyed the atmosphere here from the time we arrived until the time we departed. The excellent service we received here, from the front door to our beautiful table, to our server. My husband is still talking about what a fabulous time he had. We will be returning again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Lite for lunchPeteVIPDined on 1/24/2014The bar area in this Conn. Ave. Mortons is in many ways more comfortable than the main room for lunch. The tables are spread, the room is pretty quiet and if you are cigar inclined you can dine on the covered porch. Bar has comfortable chairs. There are a couple TVs, not overwelming. But the best of this place is the service. Bar staff serves the room and they are on the spot. Lunch menu is finally priced in the moderate level with steak salads and burgers well priced. Delivery is timed for the hour or so lunch timetable. Food is well prepared and fresh. All in all, a good come back from a period of sufficating price and haughty service.Special Features:
- DinnerScottDined on 1/19/2014Dinner was fantastic! Really enjoyed our meal and service was excellent. The only thing we encounter negatively was the price. It was a part of restaurant week and should had been $35.14 for the meal but was $55.14 for the meal. We stayed and they gave us an additional appetizer for not disclosing the price difference on their website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!FoodieFrizzyDined on 1/19/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant the service was amazing. Cost check, friendly greeter and immediate seating. Our waiters were well informed of the specials and menu items. Made delicious recommendations for drinks, appetizers and entrees as we went for the restaurant week menu and strayed due to the delicious menu items. Best steak I have ever had! We'll seasoned and cooked perfectly throughout. Definitely making a return trip. Way better than Ruth Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!bdayplannerDined on 1/18/2014I made arrangements to celebrate my girlfriend’s birthday. Everything was flawless; from the reception to the help we received taking her flowers to the car. Thank you for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Most terrible serviceKatiuskaVIPDined on 1/18/2014The food was ok, I have had better steaks, but the service topped it all. Made even the food taste bed. Not nice people in this place,
- Amazing!LovelyDined on 1/18/2014I have eaten at Morton's before but at the Bethesda location. My thought would be that they are all the same, but that is not the case. My hi and and I thoroughly enjoyed the DC location much more. We were there for our anniversary and told he maitre d' this. He was so nice asking us how many years and if there were kids. Amazingly he even wished us a Happy Anniversary on our way out too! The staff was marvelous and much more attentive than we experienced at the Bethesda location. We live in Germantown, but I would drive further down the road to go to the DC location.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekViewerDined on 1/17/2014This year that added a 2nd meat option and raised the price from 35 to 55. It was totally worth it. Because of my budget I didnt order a drink this time. Usually I have there $35 meal and a drink or two which will eventually come 55 anyway. Awesome place. Oh also parking is cheaper if you valet in the front instead of the garage. Velvet is $5 garage is $7. They use to validate your ticket for the garage now they are back to doing their own service for parking. It varies almost every year so call before you park to double check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent experience was diminishedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2014Decent experience was diminished because cigar smoke permeated the dining room. I will not return.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceMDTwinsMamaDined on 1/17/2014I really cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Morton's. They accommodated our party very well and were even awesome toward our kids. We enjoyed the food and will be back soon for more. It's true what they say...you get what you pay for and I don't regret paying what we paid at all. So worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent AmbianceLittleGemintheCityDined on 1/17/2014From the moment we entered this restaurant, we were made to feel welcome. The staff and servers were excellent. Our waiter was quite knowledgeable about wine pairings with our food and I appreciated his prompt service. Will definitely return!!!!Special Features:
- What can you say about Morton'sBellsVIPDined on 1/17/2014What can you say about Morton's that has not been said before? Well, this is a steak house that makes a vegetarian feel welcome. Picked to please the carnivore in the family, but I was pleasantly surprised that they had dishes I could eat as well.Special Features:
- Handled our babies amazingly wellGarlinDined on 1/17/2014The food was excellent, and the staff was incredibly accommodating to my wife and I, who were joined at lunch by our 3-month-old twins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Meal but Slow ServiceMikeDined on 1/17/2014We went for Restaurant Week 2014. Lunch for $20 was a good deal. The salad was so-so (iceberg lettuce with anchovies and a rather bland blue cheese) but the crab cake and chocolate mousse dessert was very good. My wife's hamburgher was so-so but her onion soup was very good. The real problem we had was so service. The staff was very friendly, but are reservations were for 12:45, and it was after 2 that we were finally served our main course. Many of our party had to leave and go back to work before dessert arrived. So the food was worth the price, but the wait was rather long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/16/2014We went for Restaurant Week, but were charged their regular menu price.
- Morton's used to be a go toPeteVIPDined on 1/12/2014Morton's used to be a go to place for us especially when traveling. Always consistent. Not anymore. Last three visits to three different Mortons made it obvious that quality of food is not a priority for the new owners!
- Very good food,excellent serverseafoodDined on 1/12/2014Very good food,excellent server and notable menu. I do think the items on the menu are over-priced. I've been to similar restaurants that were a little more reasonably priced than Morton's. The server was professional but a little too distant for my taste. I like more interaction from a server (human factor I guess). The menu had excellent selections. If you dont care about money, then this place is for you but get ready to make a car payment for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful steak jointRobSDined on 1/11/2014Pure and simple, any steak on the menu will be a joy.Special Features:
- I enjoy the luncheon specialRoscoeVIPDined on 1/10/2014I enjoy the luncheon special here with the salmon. I also think the service is attentive, but some times it's just plain weird. The wait staff has apparently been instructed to remove bread and bread plates either when entrees are served or in the middle of the meal. This happened to us, even though there was bread on our bread plates and we were not asked whether we wanted to bread removed or not. I and my guests enjoy Morton's bread and we don't want it to be taken away until or unless we are ready for it to be taken away. I hope this practice can change.Special Features:
- Business happy hour. PerfectWinonaVIPDined on 1/9/2014Business happy hour. Perfect setting and service was phenomenal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday diningBirthday4diningDined on 1/5/2014This was our first time, very nice restaurant. And the manager was awesome, he knew who we were when we came in, love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - terrible decor!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/4/2014Our service and food were amazing but I couldn't get over the ambience - very dated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak in DCBestSteakDined on 1/1/2014This is the finest restaurant in DC. Exceptional wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve at Morton's DCFrankVIPDined on 12/31/2013This was our 5th or 6th NY's Eve at Morton's. The food and service are always great. This time we had some trouble with the wine list. We ordered a Joel Gott 2010 Napa Valley Cab Sav from the list but we were served a Joel Gott 2010 California Cab Sav. We did not notice until we began drinking it. We called the next day to discuss the issue but it has yet to be resolved to my satisfaction. These are two very different wines and the $115 price for a California Cab Sav is way out of line. I hope the restaurant corrects this mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years CelebrationfoodiencDined on 12/31/2013I choose to not only ring in the New Year with good food but also to celebrate my best friend's birthday. I made the reservation through open table and mentioned celebrating my friend Michelle's birthday. Morton's created a personal menu wishing my friend a happy birthday. She was so surprised!!! Each waiter or waitress that approached our table wished my friend a Happy Birthday! Our waiter made great recommendations and our meals and drinks came out right on time. The ambiance was nice and the created a warm and inviting atmosphere. Would definitely return to this Morton's location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total Dining ExperienceSandmanVIPDined on 12/30/2013A great way to enjoy a meal and feel better about yourself. The food is top notch (steaks, salads and sides) and the servers are efficeint and engaging. A great spot for a leasurely lunch and catching up. It is all topped off with the option to enjoy an after meal drink and a cigar on a covered patio with heat lamps. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner. WonderfulMARVELOUSVIPDined on 12/27/2013Awesome dinner. Wonderful staff. Can't say enough good things.Special Features: