Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC
1050 Connecticut Ave
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mortons.com/
- Phone: 2029555997x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 2:30 - 11:00pm Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Located on the Mezzanine Level of the Washington Square Building
Valet Parking Available Friday & Saturday for Dinner - $8
Garage Parking Available Sunday - Thursday located on 18th St.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters! Pick up only.
- Special Events: Morton's in Washington DC (Downtown) hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/washingtondc
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)romantic (42)notable wine list (36)great for lunch (33)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (20)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (8)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good but something was missingConstructiveCriticismDined on 6/16/2014Long time fan of The Palm but received a gift card to Morton's. I've been to a few Morton's so figured I wouldn't feel too bad about breaking ranks. Food was great and service was good...shout out to Chris for the familiar steakhouse server rapport (although slightly pushy on the upsell...). Only real criticism was our reservation was for 2 @ 7:30 on Monday so it was virtually empty which is why I was little disappointed that they sat us at the first booth closest to host table...also still set as a four top. Didn't ask if we had any preferences on where we wanted to sit and no visit from the manager. I don't mean to nitpick but those levels of details from a place trying to brand itself as top restaurants are what separate good from great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic 25thIeatlikeitsmyjobDined on 6/15/2014The staff took great care of us. It was our 25th Anniversary. Personalized menus, took a photo of us and printed it. Way beyond what we expected. Our food was great, my filet was cooked how I liked it and my wife enjoyed her stuffed shrimp. The sides of creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes were fantastic. My wedge salad was ginormous. We were stuffed with no room for dessert.Special Features:
- New at thisCna4itDined on 6/15/2014Great choice for my husband on Father's Day. He really enjoyed himself the service was great, couldn't asked for a better waiter. He food presentation was fantastic, exciting to look as well as eat. Kudos for your restaurant Morton's. Will make a future date soon.Special Features:
- Fabulous Father's Day Dinnerglassiter1120Dined on 6/15/2014My husband was so surprised when we showed up at Morton's for dinner. He absolutely loves to dine at Morton's. This was our second time there and it was equally as nice as the first time. The restaurant is so elegant and upscale, the service is very on point, they make YOU feel like YOU are their ONLY customer! The service is so personalized, we just love it. We feel so pampered. The food was so good, and my husband's steak was so big and tender, like "butter". We will be returning again this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a perfect eveningwatchdogVIPDined on 6/8/2014I took a group of visiting colleagues here for dinner and cigars after a long day of conference sessions and meetings. We couldn't have asked for a better evening. The steak was delicious, paired with a nice bold Malbec. And after we finished eating out on the balcony, we were able to enjoy some fine cigars. The conversation flowed easily and I expect some good partnerships will come from it. Thanks for a perfect evening!
- sunday at 530rdocDined on 6/8/2014we had a nice meal at 530pm on a sunday preceding a performance at the National Theater. Great classic gin martini. Iceberg wedge was Humongous- 2 of us split one and still couldnt finish it. Augratin twice baked potatoes perfect. the 6 oz filet was perfectly seasoned and cooked - not overdone with salt. Great meal and server attentive to our need to make the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great business spotDanRVIPDined on 6/2/2014Pretty quiet, nice ambiance, good space between the tables, and the $29 lunch special is a great deal. The steak this time was outstanding, best I have had in a long time. And it is worth coming here just for the key lime pie- it is that good.Special Features:
- Great EveningLdbod1Dined on 5/31/2014I had been informed that if in DC Morton's is a must. I could not agree more. From the hostess to our server the experience was top notch. The manager came over to check on our experience. The steak and seafood was perfectly prepared. To end the evening a photo was taken for us to have as a rememberance of our visit. I have recommended this restaurant to several I know who will be traveling to DC in the near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodDCMomDined on 5/31/2014The outside terrace was wonderful and quiet. Very relaxing and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- LisaVIPDined on 5/30/2014My husband & I went to the Connecticut Ave location in DC for our 15th anniversary on Friday, May 30, 2014. As always, the food, service, ambience, everything was SUPERB! Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 998 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Downtown DC reviews archive.
- Great Place for formal dinnerJj1n16Dined on 5/23/2014I've been Morton's the Steakhouse for twice, once for business and once for family party. The place is great, especially looking in photo. The food is delicious, especially the steak -- it was quite awesome! And the waiter and waitress were nice people too. They took a very nice picture of my family as a souvenir. Thanks for the experience :)Special Features:
- FreakieWinnie55Dined on 5/22/2014I took a young woman to the Morton's steakhouse located in downtown DC and it was her first time. She really enjoyed herself and found the ambiance nice, and enjoyed our server "Abdul". He provided great service, and wasn't intrusive to our dinning experience. She really enjoyed her dish which was some sort of shrimp dish. I always enjoy dinning at this location and look forward to coming back. The only thing I dislike about my dish which was the Jumbo crab cakes I find the portions to be less than jumbo. Despite that I always like to dine here when I have the opportunity, and like the staff as a whole on the times I've been a guest.Special Features:
- Morton's Sets the Standardfriends74Dined on 5/21/2014Morton's sets the standard by which I measure all other steak houses. The food, service, and ambience are terrific.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/20/2014lovely lunch out on the patio! Thanks for providing birthday cake for our party.Special Features:
- STEAK ONLYOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/17/2014The Cajun Ribeye and steak menu are excellent. If you select other options, the quality may depend on you timing.Special Features:
- AWESOME SERVICE!dcchuckDined on 5/16/2014Truly and outstanding restaurant! Fantastic combination of soothing ambiance, incredible food, and impeccable service! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but the meal timing was offdferroDined on 5/16/2014Our server was friendly and the food was excellent. The only complaint was that our steaks came too soon after the appetizers arrived. One of us had to rush to finish her salad while another of us did not get to finish hers. The timing between the two courses should have been better.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/14/2014My first visit to Morton's (located at Connecticut & K Streets, NW, Wash., DC) in 2 years, was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed my meal as well as the ambiance and staff. I most certaintly will return soon for another delicious meal. Thanks to everyone at Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Portions were too small for the price. Food was good but I left still hungry. KWJSpecial Features:
- Good (enough)opsanVIPDined on 5/8/2014This was stop two on my (self-assigned) Morton's tour .. the first was the original Morton's on State Street in Chicago. In this Morton's, I found the steak (ribeye) to be well over the medium-rare I ordered, but tasty nonetheless. The server could have done an immediate check back, but this didn't happen in this case .. still, high-quality meat and well-timed food arrival (I was taking my time). I would definitely return to this Morton's when back in DC.Special Features:
- sassyDined on 5/7/2014The service and food was outstanding. I definitely will be returning and have already recommended it to family for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendFoodieDined on 5/3/2014The food was delicious and I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mortons pleaseskrgeatsDined on 5/2/2014It was a great dining experience and the staff was fantastic! We will return and recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievableBobMDined on 5/2/2014The fabled Morton's in downtown DC is a waste of money. The bread was not fresh, the salad wilted and the vegetables were cold. Given the staff's attitude, I doubt they care. They can ride on their name. Any fast food restaurant could do a better job across their chain.
- Wonderful Easter meal!GoodeaterDined on 4/20/2014The front of the house and wait staff were outstanding. They made wonderful recommendations and were incredibly attentive.Special Features:
- Great (as usual)OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/17/2014Our first visit to the Morton's in DC. Like others we've been to the food was excellent and the service tremendous.Special Features:
- Memorable wedding anniversary!SerenbeDined on 4/15/2014The DC location where my parents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary went above and beyond what anyone could have expected. They had a special table ready with red hearts on it, had menu's printed with their names and happy anniversary, took their pictures and even had a frame for them. I simply wrote on the reservation line it was my parents 60th anniversary not knowing if the restaurant would even get the note from Open Table? Obviously they did and the GM - Dan - deserves huge credit for his team going the extra mile. Great job by Open Table as well! It's one of the few times where the service totally overshadowed the food but they said that was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST SPOT in Washington DCKevinDined on 4/1/2014This is arguably the BEST restaurant in the DC area. The food, services and gracious hospitality is the BEST I have ever been apart of. Danny, General Manager is the MAN along with his staff. They create a "memorable experience" every time I go there and they never take you for granted. KUDOS out to Mortons on Connecticut street.Special Features:
- Outstanding!DstroDined on 3/29/2014My group of five went to Morton's on a Saturday and the service was fabulous. We were celebrating my husband's birthday and everything was perfect, we could not have asked for more. The staff was very attentive to us, friendly, and knowledgeable. We enjoyed it so much, we are planning another birthday celebration at Morton's. I highly recommend server Chris, he was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great service, food slippingEnjoyfoodVIPDined on 3/27/2014Went to Morton's for a special treat lunch and the service was at the consistent excellent level for which Morton's is known. Perhaps it is because the DC restaurant scene has dramatically improved over the past five years, but the food preparation didn't seem up to the same high level as the service. A case in point, the crab stuffed broiled shrimp was good, but the shrimp were a little over cooked and dry. Also, the steak salad was good, but didn't stand out from Bobby Vans and other steak houses. However, one of our group raved about the crab omelet. So still a very solid effort if not quite up to the usual Morton's standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovly experienceBucket423Dined on 3/15/2014I made reservations for my fiancé birthday when we got there we were seated right away they had the menu custom made to say happy birthday Jamal the waitress was very knowledgable about the whole menu and the mangers where right with the servers helping serve refilling drinks and making sure we were ok... Everything was lovly definitely plan on returning...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always TrueHeatherVIPDined on 3/13/2014Enough said, Morton's delivers every time. Quality and well prepared food, great service and well poured cocktails! Go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was excited to take theymkgpirateVIPDined on 3/13/2014I was excited to take the family to Morton's but very disappointed.
- 50th birthday Morton styleislandqueenDined on 3/12/2014FROM the warm greeting st the door, our engaging wait staff that provided extra touches for the birthday eith customized and personsluzed menu, birthday wishes, photo, and of course the food. Melt in your mouth steak. Done just right, veggies cooked to perfection and dessert with a candle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for a business dinnerbusinessdealerDined on 3/10/2014As a business traveler, not local to Washington D.C., I find that the Morton's Restaurants are always a great bet for business atmosphere, quality menu and excellent service. Booking a reservation was very easy through their website. For some reason, it was quite busy the night we were there, so the courses did not arrive with the same fluidity as I have seen in the past. However, the staff was excellent and professional, the table was great and the steaks were perfect as usual. The lounge was a great place for us to meet up prior to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nigh out withh friendsGR8DinningDined on 3/8/2014It was the last day for the CPAC so we decided to eat out and selected Morton's on Connecticut Avenue. The taxi to and from the Gaylord at the National Harbor was worth the expense. Morton's is always consistent in there menu and really know how to please. The Chefs truly known the difference between medium rare and rare and cringe at well done.The waiter was a true professional and knew the menu inside out and backwards. The wine list is endless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!MaryLVIPDined on 3/8/2014Our reservation was honored, and we were seated in a pleasant booth on arrival. Décor is understated but lovely. Food was excellent--Bibb lettuce salad perfectly fresh and nicely balanced, shrimp cocktail presented in an exotic cloud of dry ice smoke. Steaks were cooked as ordered and superb. Of note, filets are available in 6, 8 or 12 oz. portions to suit any appetite. My only quibble was the timing of the service, which seemed a bit askew; bread (addictive) and water arrived immediately, but it took a while to get the menus and a while longer to place the drink orders, and the wait for the check seemed a bit too long... Overall a good experience; would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Never DisapointsNYprofessionaleaterVIPDined on 3/4/2014Great Food and great atmosphere, this location has a great outdoor patio that heated in winter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's reviewdeekman99Dined on 3/1/2014Expensive but delicious. We had the porterhouse for two. It was delicious and the service was impeccable. After eating, they sat us on the patio so we could finish our wine. It was a lovely evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine!idoalliwant2doDined on 3/1/2014I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant. The lighting was great! The service was phenomenal. And the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.