Blue Stove - Nordstrom Burlington Mall
75 Middlesex Turnpike
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Blue Stove - Nordstrom Burlington Mall
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/bluestovema
- Phone: 7813457800x1610
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm
Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Matt MacKay
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Blue Stove - Nordstrom Burlington Mall
Blue Stove is a stylish yet casual restaurant featuring our interpretation of contemporary flavors focusing on bold tastes and textures. The menu allows our customer the chance to experience our offerings through a variety of small plates that are bold in concept and internationally inspired. We invite our customers to select combinations of menu items with the goal of sharing each dish, making a dining experience unlike any other. The exhibition kitchen provides a stage for our chefs to prepare the menu in a colorful, energetic environment. The wine bar romances wine while providing an alternative dining experience. Our cuisine is inspired by local ingredients at the peak of seasonal freshness. The menu is complemented by a well chosen selection of interesting wines, many available by the glass to pair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Blue Stove - Nordstrom Burlington Mall - Best Restaurants in Burlington, MA ›
Blue Stove - Nordstrom Burlington Mall reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (13)romantic (12)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- A gemSMacDined on 12/16/2013Great little tasting plates, good value for the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, fun food and serviceellenglovskyVIPDined on 12/14/2013I ate at Blue Stove with my husband and another couple, and had great food and service. The tapas style is fun because everyone gets to taste and enjoy many different dishes. All were hot, fresh and delicious. Our waiter was an interesting guy from Colombia who told us a bit about his life story, and was efficient, warm and did a great job serving us. A hearty recommendation!Special Features:
- Tastey tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013Food portions are small meant to be shared, but everything is delicious!!! Wonderful selection of dishes, creatively put together so that every bite is enjoyed. Great for relaxing meal once the shopping is done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Tapas style eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/12/2013Many delicious choices for tapas style ordering, but can get pricey when you are really hungry. Restaurant is completely separated from the shopping floor, so when you sit down, you forget you are inside of a Nordstrom department store. Best for lunch if two dishes are all you need...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas style restaurant hiddenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2013Tapas style restaurant hidden away in Nordstroms. Menu was diverse and had a great selection of different foods. Small plates make it a great place for sharing - you get to sample many things without over indulging. No espresso drinks was a bit of a let down but all in all another great experience at Blue StoveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fair priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/9/2013Little weird to be in the middle of a department store, but food was fine and fairly priced for what it was. Especially compared to other tapas/small plates places
- Surprising Business DinnermyojewelDined on 11/5/2013We questioned coming into Nordstrom's for a business dinner, but the food was worth it, and the service allowed us to have a great conversation. We especially liked the Cherry Short Ribs, and got two orders of the ricotta meatballs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Lunch!ShannonBVIPDined on 11/5/2013This is my favorite place to grab lunch in the Burlington area. With friends it is great to get a couple things to share, by yourself you can go light with one dish or full on hungry with two. I love to sit at the bar and watch the cooks on the line. Great food, good wine, friendly staff. Truly an oasis in Burlington, mall or not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!AntonioVIPDined on 11/3/2013We loved every tapa we tried. Beautiful place. Good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun sharing with friendsdizeeVIPDined on 11/3/2013The Blue Stove format, lots of small dishes to share with friends, is a hit with us. All the dishes were excellent. The wait staff is also very good about checking back and allowing you to linger between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great after work locationFoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2013Blue Stove is a great place to go after working or shopping in the mall. I can always count on trying a few great dishes with a glass of great wine. It never disappoints. The food is always great. Sitting at the bar or the bar in front of the line cooks is always entertaining.Special Features:
- Yes, great food in Nordstrom's!AnonymousDined on 10/23/2013Had been to Blue Stove before and 2nd trip did not disappoint - this is wonderfully prepared food in the restaurant of a department store! Great selection of little plates - we tried mostly the ones with Asian-influenced spices - chicken lettuce wraps, glazed beef, beet & goat cheese salad, sweet potato fries all were really, really good. Food came out hot, and relatively quickly. Portions are sized so that if 3 people share a plate, you each get a nice tasting. Cookies for dessert were warm and soft right out of the oven! The Red Sox were on later in the evening, so the restaurant was pretty empty, and was pleasantly quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemSabagirl1Dined on 10/19/2013Nestled in Nordstom's at the Burlington mall on the second floor is a hidden treasure.....The Blue Stove. Once you walk in the door you instantly forget that you are in a mall.....the decor and ambience rivals any upscale fine dining restaurant, yet it does not put on airs and it is comfortable and welcoming. The Blue Stove's tapas menu is full of delicious, delectable treats, the crab cakes were loaded with huge chunks of real crab meat....you'll want to keep going back until you taste them all. Also a pretty decent wine list to accompany these little culinary delights. Oh, and to top off this very positive dining experience was a very attentive and knowledgeable waitstaff....made our dinner that much nicer!Special Features:
- Blue Stove at NordstromlexgirlDined on 10/17/2013I met a former colleague for dinner after not seeing each other for a couple of years. The atmosphere was very conducive to conversation unlike many other restaurants these days. We ordered 3 dishes which were all excellent. The portions were fine for us, but I think my husband may think they were a bit small. The service was excellent. All in all a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- some of dishes were not assusanVIPDined on 10/12/2013some of dishes were not as good as on previous visitsSpecial Features:
- Everything excellent except....Localfoodiex2Dined on 10/12/2013They bring out your ordered dishes in no particular order, seafood after heavy meat dishes, and then 3 dishes at once. They should at least bing out the dishes so that deep savory like ribs and cherry beef comes after lighter fare like chicken tacos and crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is great place to meetTysbarDined on 10/10/2013It is great place to meet friends and share a few tapas. They have a good variety and when my friend who is a vegetarian asked for something different that was not on the menu, and the cook prepared for her a delicious vegetarian dish from grains. The one thing we did not like are the sangrias. They are a rip-off since they fill a small wine glass full with ice and you end up paying $10 for a glass of ice with a little bit of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good...could be betterjohnelleDined on 10/9/2013Huge number of selections which is nice for a Tapas place. All were well prepared but some of them could use a little improvement. For example the fried calamari came with only a lemon wedge--most folks would add a nice little dipping sauce. The Shrimp Bruschetta (recommended by the waitress) looked pretty but tasted dull. Dishes were hit or miss but the misses were usually small things as noted. The one thing that really annoyed me was no draft beer--only bottles. Huge wine list but only a handful of bottled beer. Come on folks beer is cool now too. Space was very nice. Service was good. The bill was a bit surprising--$100 for two (6 plates) with drinks. Seems a bit high for a tapas place in a mall.Special Features:
- We were surprisedMWexDined on 10/4/2013A Tapas place? In a department store? It was hard to believe that it would be good. In fact, it was very good. my kids also enjoyed the food even without the kid menu. The portions were shareable. I plan to go back and bring friends.Special Features:
- Don't sleep on this gem!PotsandPensVIPDined on 10/3/2013I hate to even tell you about this place since it may impact availability over time. I absolutely love their small plates. Everything is delicious! Mini cilantro lime tacos, blackened miso cod, spicy crispy beef, fried green tomatoes and much more!! Everything is just delicious! Great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diner at this restaurantMimseyVIPDined on 10/1/2013First time diner at this restaurant. Excellent all around. One of the finest dining experience in the area. Will return faithfully.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as Always!MaitreeVIPDined on 9/29/2013We love all the food here. A special treat was the warm apple pie. The only disappointment was that they did not have our favorite dish the "dark cherry beef." We will be back for that next time. But I will call first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in an unexpected placeEarlDined on 9/28/2013Although Blue Stove is located inside a mall and furthermore inside Nordstrom, the place hits the right spot. When one thinks of tapas one thinks spanish food, which is not the case here. The restaurant serves smaller portions that allowed sharing. We enjoyed 10 nicely and uniquely prepared dishes between the four of us. (2 were desert) The food, the service and the waitstaff were excellent. We paid around $10 per dish. The wine prices were average for Boston. RecommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodlavendergirl6Dined on 9/27/2013i took 3 friends there on Friday who all loved it and we be coming back. I am a french citizen living in America so I know about good food. I think the food is excellent !! it is way better than some "good" restaurant i have been to. I have tried 6 or 7 different dishes so far . i love them !! the salad with the crispy polenta was amazing. the lettuce cups were fantastic ! the calamari was fried to crisp perfection ! the shrimp dish was delicious ! the mini sliders were perfect . The creme brulee was excellent. i do make a point to try that dessert every restaurant i go because it is french and my favorite. This was by far the best one i ever had in America and worthy of the fancy french restaurant. Also, the red sangria was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2013Girlfriends and I meet here once in a while as decent tapas choices so we all choose a couple of small plates and then try them all....fun! Comfortable booths, nice fun spot hidden in the mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad nightCapeCod20VIPDined on 9/21/2013We've been eating out Blue Stove since it opened and have been regulars for many years. Usually the food and service is excellent. However, our most recent visit was a disaster. For some reason our hostess never assigned our table to a server so after waiting for 15 minutes (it wasn't busy) I had to get up and talk with her. She told me she just assigned our table. No apology, no nothing. It kept getting worse from there. Our server tried, but some of our food never arrived! I know it is a tapas restaurant and food comes out at different times, but this was silly. We kept having to ask for dishes and finally ended up cancelling our last dish order and requested a refund. Food wasn't great either. Sadly, it will be a while before I go back.
- lovely tapas style lunchDCBurkeDined on 9/18/2013hello diners, I had a reunion with a friend after 10 years. We had an array of small plate dishes - that were perfect to share. Chopped salad, chicken lettuce wraps and pea croquettes were delicious! Great atmosphere, delicious menu. Busy there for lunch, but quiet enough to carry on an intense catchup conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!!jmcmomVIPDined on 9/13/2013How pleasant it was to escape to a restaurant inside the store that was exceptional. I love the idea of small plates for sharing and would not hesitant to return when I go to Burlington again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in Burlington MallMamaVDined on 8/31/2013Hidden gem in Burlington Mall - limited seating but was not busy on a Sat. night when we arrived although we had reservations and I would recommend them for sure. Food was excellent and our server was good but 2 separate times, we had other servers from kitchen bring wrong food to our table so clearly they have a problem with their system - the restaurant wasn't even busy so I can only imagine what would be like if they had a full house. However, the food was worth it - we tried about 5 dishes, Most were excellent . Also, had dessert which was sooo delicious (berry cobbler). pricing was reasonable considering we also had drinks. I highly recommend and would definitely plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First Date at Blue Stove....HappyDinerDined on 8/31/2013The atmosphere was very pleasant, the service was good...very attentive to our needs, the food was excellent, very tasty and prices were reasonable... I would highly recommend this establishment to all....It was an awesome choice I made for my first date with a very special lady! It will be for you too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adult haven..... in the mall!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2013I loved that you could find a place in the mall to have adult conversation and a glass of wine in between shopping. The ambiance was great, attentive staff, and delicious food. Loved the tapas portions. We could enjoy dinner, and still fit in the clothes we were shopping for. Would definitely recommend, and will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsparticulardinerDined on 8/29/2013I had already high expectations from the other reviews, but they do not do it justice. We were absolutely delighted. It was the perfect way to begin birthday celebrations my wife. This is a hidden gem and we will be back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not typical mall fareJojogo1VIPDined on 8/24/2013The menu is all small plates meant to share. Everything we had was excellent , especially the mini tacos and the watermelon and feta salad. The Korean sliders were tasty but too much bread, everything else is worth ordering. Good wine list. I wish it were not in the mall, the food is much better than " mall food" . it would do so well in BostonSpecial Features:
- Blue Stove: Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2013The Blue Stove has delicious food, great service, a wide variety of wines, and lovely ambience. It is almost hidden inside Nordstrom at the Burlington all. We go often, and love it.Special Features:
- A Charming OasisBarneyDined on 8/17/2013The food, the service and ambiance are just right. The food is better than just right - it's outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my go to placesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2013I brought my siblings for a nice dinner and to take them somewhere a little different. The service is always excellent. It's always low key and a very enjoyable take. My only complaint is the last two times I have dined here, the food has been over salted. Specifically dishes that have meat or fish. I enjoy salt but the last two times there have been a few items that have been seasoned with a heavy hand. The short rib poutine is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great ...OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/14/2013... selection, flavors, new menu items, service, ambiance. Whenever I bring new people, they always remark how they plan to return - me too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2013We had planned on having a little reunion at a central location for five women .... this is suggested to me.........The other gals checked out the menu on line and were duly impressed ...... We had a lovely evening .... our waitress was very patient and allowed us to have a nice leisurely visit.....Food was of a great variety and everything we ordered was delicious ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2013Even though the tapas plates are a bit pricey, every dish was of excellent quality and decent size for sharing. Also, I'm not a coffee drinker but their French Press cafe was out of this world. I had requested a roomy table with space for an infant stroller to catch up with some family and even though the restaurant was crowded, they accommodated us and never made us feel rushed. I plan to return again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quiet Break From Noisy MallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2013I met 3 friends for dinner. The waiter was friendly, informed and gave great service. Small plates were very good. It was SO dark and the menus are on dark paper making them almost unreadable. Not a show-stopper but frustratingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.