157 West 47th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aspensocialnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122217200
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 10:45am, Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm, Dinner: Daily: 4:30-11pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Santiago Carranza
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Aspen Social
Aspen Social features an extensive list of premium tequilas complemented by artisanal cocktails and comfort food with a Colorado flair, all served as small plates perfect for sharing with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aspen Social reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (6)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice spot if you are lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/18/2013Nice spot if you are looking for a bite to eat before a Broadway Show. Prices were very reasonable and food was average. Drinks were very good. The cocktail menu has some very unique drinks listed and the ones we tried were very very good. I would go back, but only for appetizers and drinks. Atmosphere is really interesting and clubby.Special Features:
- I took my employees out forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013I took my employees out for a post-holiday dinner. We all loved the atmosphere and the food was delicious. The only thing I did not like was that we had no idea it was going to turn into a club. After we ordered dessert, we were rushed to get up from our table. That was a bit disappointing after we had been there for some time relaxing. I wish our waitress has informed me of that.Special Features:
- I'm not sure who would likeRoniDined on 1/9/2013I'm not sure who would like this restaurant since the food is secondary to the beautiful decor. I assume folks staying in the hotel would be the most likely to frequent it. At best mediocre food.
- Good food, OK serviceMomusingVIPDined on 1/7/2013Service isn't great but the food and atmosphere is good.Special Features:
- We went for a Sunday brunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/6/2013We went for a Sunday brunch, and were very pleased to find this little spot. The staff was very kind, the music excellent, and the food was just fine. The atmosphere is very unique and cool, and I can imagine this being a great drinks/bar scene in the evening. As it was, I was grateful to find this among all the touristy stuff in midtown and would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a different kind of meal in the theater district.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2012There were very few customers there, yet our service was extremely slow. Two of us ordered a Cobb salad that was supposed to come with chorizo. It tasted like cut up breakfast sausage--not at all chorizo. The salads came dressed and the dressing made the salad taste stale--it tasted like a salad you would purchase at a salad bar. The evening started poorly when we entered a mostly empty restaurant and the hostess sat us on the same banquette as another couple. When my husband pointed to another empty table across the room he was informed that table was reserved. Why did we make a reservation through you, then? Since my daughter and I could not finish the salad we asked for a side of French fries which were delicious. Unfortunately $8!
- It was a nice little oasisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2012It was a nice little oasis away from Rockefeller Center, yet close enough to get in a quick visit to see the tree. The place was quiet, the servers were friendly and the food was tasty. They prices were also very reasonable.Special Features:
- Nice escape from the hustleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Nice escape from the hustle and bustle of Time Square, gr8 ambiance.Special Features:
- My new favorite, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012My new favorite, especially for the winter! There was a good amount of noise & energy but it was definitely toned down compared to the lounge portion so it was just right. We had the mac & cheese, hanger steak and short ribs ... yum! The meat was SO tender and so tasty. The decor is a very cool, modern twist on a cabin. Very winter-y and different. The hostess was very nice. My only complaint is that there seemed to only be one waiter and he took up a good portion of our time waiting for him to take our order. We got our water and then that's it ... he disappeared. Wouldn't have been so upsetting if we didn't have a show to go to. We had to ate our meal in 10 minutes and ended up being a few minutes late to the show.
- Quirky atmosphere, appealingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2012Quirky atmosphere, appealing menu, great for pre-theater dinner.Special Features:
- some changes since profile written…AndyDined on 12/3/2012Aspen Social Club has changed some things recently. Its menu previously featured mostly tapas options that were good for sharing, and its profile here still suggests that this is the case. However, they’ve moved toward a more traditional menu, with regular entrees and even prix fixe options. The food is still quite good, and the atmosphere is fun, unusual, and homey. Nonetheless, it’s a bit different than it used to be.
- Went there for brunch - drinkskb620Dined on 12/1/2012Went there for brunch - drinks were good, but menu was limited.
- Food was terrible. I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2012Food was terrible. I would maybe go for a drink with some people, but that is about it.
- aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/25/2012Very disappointing experience. The ambience was seedy and the service was awful. Would never recommend this place for any occasion nor would I go back....skip it totally.
- Awful service, mediocre food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2012Awful service, mediocre food. Do not recommend at all.Special Features:
- Solo holiday travelerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012No one was in the place but it was thanksgiving day. Had a fixed price menu that was probably fairly priced given the city and holiday but food was just ok. Service and ambiance was great.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2012When the reservation was requested, they should have just said the restaurant was closed for a private party. Instead, they hastily improvised a couple of tables, benches and chairs in the drafty lobby area. The serving staff was uninterested and did not fulfill simple requests like a knife as part of the set up. The hamburger (there are not a lot of options on the lunch menu) while served rare as requested & was sort of thrown together with onions and lettuce and some soggy (though herb infused) french fries were provided as a side. The only upside to the meal (we should have simply left when we learned of the situation) was that another party of three were the only other customers so it was possible to actually have a conversation.
- What seemed to be a hot nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2012What seemed to be a hot night spot, we found perfect for pre-theater dinner. Seating is in the back of the restaurant and very cozy. All ordered from the pre-fix menu and were very satisfied. Service was great and the food was fresh and full of flavor.Special Features:
- Much better than the typicalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2012Much better than the typical Times Square restaurant, great ambiance and food. Not a quiet restaurant, but a great vibe. Food was not the pinnacle of NYC cuisine, but very good--and I thought it was a good value as well. We will be back.
- Fun placeChrisDined on 11/3/2012We were there early, so not many people there. However, it was a fun place, with great food, fun drinks and a cool decorative theme.Special Features:
- Weird and empty hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2012Weird and empty hotel restaurant that was out of a third of the things on the menu. Poor choice. AVOID.
- Totally empty. Food ok. DJVisitingFoodieDined on 10/9/2012Totally empty. Food ok. DJ playing loud, heavy bass music that just doesn't fit an Aspen lodge decor. Very strange combo..
- Great brunch spot if you'reOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/29/2012Great brunch spot if you're looking for an unlimited drink option. Our server was really great.Special Features:
- We were unexpectedly delighted2intrepiddinersVIPDined on 9/24/2012We were unexpectedly delighted with Aspen Social Club. It was a great low-key, inviting dining experience. We only had burgers, so we cannot really comment on the food, except to say that they were delicious. I have highlighted Aspen in my list of restaurants in the theater district because I think it would be great for a family group with children. All in all it was a satisfying dining experience.Special Features:
- Very ordinary menu - couldjudalineDined on 9/12/2012Very ordinary menu - could have been a highway rest stop - but the quality of what was offered was good. At Wednesday lunch time, in the middle of the theater district, the place was deserted.
- I needed a new lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2012I needed a new lunch spot for a meeting as I work in the neighborhood. Aspen Social Club proved to be a little gem with great food, wonderful service and best of all - it was quiet enough that we were able to have a meeting without screaming over loud music.Special Features:
- Service was fantastic andIrish26Dined on 8/30/2012Service was fantastic and so was the food. Would definitely go back again and would recommend it to friends. The only thing I would change is the music I think it was a little loud for conversation but overall it was great.Special Features:
- This was totally not whatlunchproVIPDined on 8/29/2012This was totally not what I expected. I was pleasantly surprised by the ambiance of the place. Loved the music and surfing video. Also, the ceviche was awesome and I had the best burger I've ever had in NYC. YUM!!
- AN ATTRACTIVE RESTAURANT,LWLLWLVIPDined on 8/29/2012AN ATTRACTIVE RESTAURANT, VERY CONVENIENT TO TIMES SQUARE, WITH GOOD SERVICE AND GOOD FOOD BUT THE PIPED IN MUSIC WAS TOO LOUD AND MONOTONOUS FOR ME.Special Features:
- Bad service, mediocre food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Bad service, mediocre food. A tourist rip-off place. Had 5pm res on a saturday eve, were only ppl in the place. Hostess didnt even give us a good table, I asked to be moved to a banquet, hostess went on about how those tables will all be full at 6pm (they were'nt). Ordered 4 apps for two ppl, 1 app followed by the other 3. They brought out 2 and then the other 2,not how we ordered them. Also they brought out second 2 apps when we were still eating first 2 apps. Finished my drink and wanted to get another drink, no one came and offered me one. So I never got a second drink. My server finally came over and offered me a 2nd drink 15 minutes after I finished my first drink, and after I was done with my food, I said no thanks. Dont bother.
- Being new to the city, I askedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012Being new to the city, I asked a colleague for a recommendation in the Times Square area and I was thrilled with the result. I hosted a client and they also thought it was very cool. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Food was good, service a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2012Food was good, service a bit variable. For a pre-theater meal it's best to know it's primarily a bar scene.Special Features:
- Should not be advertised asDB03VIPDined on 7/12/2012Should not be advertised as a restaurant. It is a very loud bar. Poor choice for a pre-theatre dinner.
- It's really a clubSully38VIPDined on 7/12/2012The food is great but this really is a club for drinking and hanging out
- a picnic in the woodsttttVIPDined on 6/27/2012the decor is great - well done - bright without being blinding - spacious - the tables aren't on top of each other - the staff helpful and attentive without being intrusive - and the food - scrumptiousSpecial Features:
- Food was actually quite tasty,Casey1255VIPDined on 6/8/2012Food was actually quite tasty, but the servers were not at all engaged. We'd given ourselves 2 hours for pre-theater and it's a good thing, because it took forever. It often felt as if we'd been forgotten about. Also, it seemed as if everything we wanted to order was unavailable that evening. To top it off, there was an extremely noisy table of tourists right next to us.
- We went, honestly, becauseNycjbdDined on 6/1/2012We went, honestly, because it's a block away from the Times Square TKTS booth, and we were very pleasantly surprised. It was very quiet, though, so I hope it's around the next time!Special Features:
- The food is excellent. Goodkss0202VIPDined on 6/1/2012The food is excellent. Good ambiance, good service.Special Features:
- For the area the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2012For the area the food was very reasonably priced. It was pretty and the food was good.Special Features:
- The ambiance is funky withOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/7/2012The ambiance is funky with a chandelier of antlers hanging above the dining area. The wait staff was pleasant and helpful. The food was flavorful and cooked to perfection. The wasabi mashed potatoes were outstanding.Special Features: