The Capital Grille - Denver
1450 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Denver
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 3035392500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Larry Bergstein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Denver
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Capital Grille - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)notable wine list (111)romantic (91)fit for foodies (74)good for groups (52)hot spot (47)vibrant bar scene (47)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (10)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014My fiance and I recently came here during restaurant week. We've been here several times before and LOVE the food, so figured we would get it at the discount rate. The portion sizes and choices were very generous and definitely exceeded the $30/person we put out. Our server was very helpful and polite, but they always are at this place. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- A dinner to remembergastronomeDined on 8/24/2014We dined with two other couples and although the Restaurant was full, we were immediately taken to our table and introduced to our very attentive waitress Kayla, who took our drink orders and left us to settle in and peruse the menu. Dustin, the manager came by to offer us a free taste of a Belgian juniper gin and get our impressions. All 6 of us were very pleased with quality, presentation and taste of our dinners and the classy yet relaxed ambiance of Capitol Grille. A Denver gem to which we will return again and again for special occasions.Special Features:
- Delivers As AlwaysJoyOnPearlStDined on 8/24/2014The Capital Grille always delivers...food, drink and outstanding service. We were lucky enough to get a reservation during Denver Restaurant Week. The salads (had the caesar with fresh water anchovies) were outstanding and the entrees were cooked to such perfection that the meat slid off the bone of the Kona steak. The waitstaff and table assistants had wonderful attitudes and were great. Lane, our waiter and Dustin the manager made us feel taken care of and important...and they were a lot of fun! Thank you, Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An extremely fine dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Our nite of dining at the Capital Grill was extraordinary. The ambience was quite elegant, yet soft and subdued. And this was with the restaurant's tables filled. The service was simply outstanding. Our waiter, Santiago, and the rest of the staff insured that we were well taken care of. My husband asked if a Bone IN Filet was available, as it was not on the Menu. Without hesitation, our waiter, Santiago, said a 16 Oz Bone In Filet was a Specialty and definitely available. We were all very satisfied with our meals, desserts and coffee. The convenience of Valet Parking made it a memorable nite. We will be recommending the Capital Grill to any of our friends who are looking for a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- wonderful expierench1bonjoviDined on 8/24/2014I give this restaurant 5 stars! Everything was perfect from the waiter's attention to the fabulous desert. I also noticed they knew how to seat people..they kept families with children in an area, large groups in another area and couples in another area. this made the experience even more enjoyable. My steak was cooked perfect and my sides were all hot. I recommend to anyone for a special occasion or just a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oktastyfoodieDined on 8/23/2014I was recommended this steakhouse in the heart of larrimer square and decided to try it. The restaurant was very busy and noisy. The waiter while acomidating, was'nt the best in service. The salad was nice, the steaks were good, the desert was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Dinner ExperienceariselaineDined on 8/23/2014Went here with friends for restaurant week. Everyone enjoyed their meals, which included steak and salmon which were both cooked to perfection. Service was excellent as our server was personable and funny, and the restaurant manager came by our table to ensure that we enjoyed our dinner and offered suggestions for next time we dined there. Sides are served for the table, which was great as there were four of us.Special Features:
- JeanSDined on 8/23/2014We are typically disappointed at the 5280 deals, but this time it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrate birthdays herecelebr8Dined on 8/22/2014We were able to have a private room to celebrate my father in law's 81st and my shins 18th birthday. It was a wonderful myth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentDCS821Dined on 8/18/2014Capital is always a good place to go for good food & good wine. This particular time, my finacee's steak was very cold to the touch as in almost refrigerator cold when it was served but they rectified the situation promptly. Mistakes happen! But Capital is a great place to go so you should try it!Special Features:
- RomanticAshnJustinDined on 8/15/2014Everyone was very nice, professional, and very friendly. They were accommodating to our celebration of engagement.Special Features:
- Great night out!MarciRDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I went to The Capital Grille for our 10 yr anniversary. The staff was very friendly and informative. They even had roses on our table with a little card saying Happy Anniversary. The food was fantastic and we ate way too much food :) I would recomend this place to anyone wanting a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and the best service!longlegandiDined on 8/14/2014Servers are fantastic here, and their food is great. I come here often and always leave content!Special Features:
- nice for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Great place for special occasions, good service good food prices are a little steep but what you would expect for this type of setting. everything a-la-carte entre average price of $50.Special Features:
- KimBKimBDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I made a reservation for date night, and it was fabulous! Atmosphere was great and the service was stellar! Now, the food... the lobster mac and cheese is a must have!Special Features:
- foodcrazyDined on 8/8/2014The Capital Grille is my absolute favorite restaurant in Denver. Every dish I have had has been amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchCarlaDined on 8/7/2014We both had the special and it couldn't have been better. The service was superb. When we were being seated, I mentioned we wanted to linger and a booth. She took us to a perfect place to not be disturbed and really enjoy our conversation. Then we moved to the bar for a last glass of wine and had the best ambiance. The Capital Grille is a great place and you can't go wrong dining there.Special Features:
- WowCUengineerDined on 8/6/2014After the manager sat us down at a table with rose petals after hearing we were there to celebrate our anniversary, I knew it was going to be a great night. The generous pour wine option was great. Of course the food was top of the line.Special Features:
- one disappointmentpickyDined on 8/1/2014We love The Capital Grille but it was my husband's birthday and, because he is hard of hearing, I requested a quiet booth which we got in the back corner of the room and it was perfect for about fifteen minutes until a table of eight VERY LOUD people were seated next to us and from that point on he couldn't hear at all and I was having trouble myself. The waiter and manager were very gracious and even offered a complimentary desert but the noise level made it too uncomfortable to enjoy it so we just had to get out of the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always.. Except...firstDined on 7/29/2014Everytime when I was there it was great, the food is always great. And the service too. Except this time. For reason after we get our meal the waitress stop serviceing us with drink? I guess she think we dont need more ice tea, water and coffee. We had to ask for it. I keep seen her walk by but for some reason our Everthing else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special anniversary mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014We told them it was our anniversary celebration when we made the reservation. They greeted us with "Happy Anniversary" already at the front desk. The service was special, with two roses at the table, glass of complimentary champagne to start and little hearts confetti on the table. The manager also checked on us at the table. And it was not just our table because of the anniversary, but we saw him checking in on other tables as well. Whole staff was wonderful. A great place for that special occasion. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amanda made our evening.Time2FlyAwayVIPDined on 7/21/2014Ask for Amanda she was phenomenal. She made the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as nice as the past...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We have been going to The Capital Grille for years and this time it just was not as nice. They now charge for the valet which used to be a very nice service. Now they charge you $8! The food was nice but the experience was just not as welcoming as the past.Special Features:
- Spectacular experience!kww125Dined on 7/19/2014Phenomenal food, phenomenal service, and all-around phenomenal experience. One of our favorite dining experiences!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!MTchrisDined on 7/12/2014Very nice meal, great steaks, great service ! With shared appetizer, entrée, salad and two drinks around 100.00 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceKeenanDined on 7/12/2014Our server Kayla was outstanding. She was kind enough to comp us champagne and dessert when we told her it was out parents' 39th wedding anniversary. The sommelier Chris was also very nice and recommended a great red wine.Special Features:
- Disappointed in an old favoritepawlDined on 7/8/2014Cap Grille has been one of my favorites for a while, but was disappointed when I found my Halibut to have a bone in it. As I bit down, I immediately told our waitress. With that, a manager immediately came to redeem the issue. I was very impressed with that service, until he implied he was going to take the fish off check, include free dessert and give me another glass of wine on the house. Later to find out, they charged me for only half the fish, made me pay for the dessert and never came to give me another glass of wine. Disappointed is the only word I can choose for my experience at Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Great 30th Anniversary dinner!LoveColoradoVIPDined on 7/7/2014We were seated at a wonderful, private booth near their kitchen, which was fun to watch. The table was nicely decorated in celebration of our anniversary. Such a special touch. I ordered the citrus salmon and spinach salad. Salad was terrific, as was the bread selection brought to the table ahead of time. The salmon was moist and good; however, when I was told the salmon is prepared med well, that is not what I got. It was pretty undercooked all the way through. Not the description our server told us. Nice crust though. We did the wine paring, which was a good price for all the wine we sampled. My husband had the filet with lobster tail which was great. Dessert was a good creme brulee cheesecake. Exceptional service!Special Features:
- Always Great!VANB1Dined on 7/5/2014You always know you will be well-served with excellent food at Capital Grille--in any city. Our server, Victoria, took great care of us and made sure we enjoyed our meal. Bone in fillet was delicious. Excellent cocktails too.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/5/2014We had dinner here for our 1 year wedding anniversary. They sat us promptly, and waiting on the table was a card from the staff wishing us a happy anniversary. Our server was great, she didn't miss a thing! Food was fast and unbelievably delicious! After we finished our main course they brought us a dessert to share on the house. Highly recommend for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- great mealkoopdogDined on 7/5/2014We had just a fabulous meal with great service. The coconut pie is the best I have ever had. The steak special was just perfect. The sides just disapear.
- Fantastic food and service!!SarahDined on 7/3/2014Everytime we go to the capital grille the service is top notch. They always make you feel special and go above and beyond to make your meal great. The bone-in filet was to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille always impresses!HisrizzoDined on 6/28/2014We had to wait about 15 minutes past our reservation, during this time we enjoyed a drink in the bar. Once we were seated it took quite some time for our server to make contact with us, but in her place two other people stopped by our table. When we did meet our server she was very pleasant and apologetic, that instantly helped diffuse any bad feelings. Dinner was amazing cocktails were great (Stoli doli) and coconut cream pie was to die for. In the end Amanda comped one cocktail and desert and gave us advise for food and drinks the next day! We will definitely go back they have such great customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our best ever Wedding AnnivDenverTravelerDined on 6/28/2014The food was exquisite, and our server (Lane) and his cadre of assistants saw to our every need. The Table was splashed with various sized foil hearts and adorned with a single long-stemmed rose to set off the right atmosphere. Recommended wine match for our "evening special" beef and Seared Tuna selections was a 2012 Argentinian Alto Las ? Valle de Uco - Mendoza [Noteworthy for sure]. We would typically skip the dessert after dining with ample portions such as these (we started with the Beef Tartar' [truly setting a new benchmark for us in excellence] and 1/2 dozen East Coast Oysters), but were "comped" another Capital Grille favorite, the Coconut Creme Pie. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodKojonesVIPDined on 6/28/2014We come here for special occasions. Overall the service is good and food is done perfectly each time. This trip had a bit of an awkward moment when, after we valeted our car out front, we went inside and the hostess looked at us with confused faces almost as if to wonder why we were there (we were wearing appropriate clothing and were clean - same as always). So after a quick couple seconds of this, I said we had two for dinner under our reservation. Then the person seating tables came up and had a similar confused way about her as if to wonder what to do next - seat us or let us just stand there? After that, dinner was great and I love that anybody in the restaurant has the authority to address a request from guests. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RORVEODined on 6/26/2014I was visiting from Texas on business with some co-workers. We decided to give this place a shot. I'm sure glad we did. We all left very satisfied. Great place. Excellent steaks!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1615 reviews are from the The Capital Grille - Denver reviews archive.
- Capital Grille, DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014This is our second time at this great restaurant! Love it!Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014We love coming to Capital Grille! We have been here several years in a row to celebrate our anniversary, and they havevmade it special and personal every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always try the specialluv2dzineDined on 6/16/2014The special steak salad was outstanding! I always have the Special of the Day and am never disappointed. Be sure to save room for the Chocolate Espresso Cake or Coconut Cream Pie............heavenly!Special Features:
- always exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014Capital Grille never disappoints...the food is excellent...the service is first class...and the ambience is lively and fun. great for special events as well as any weekend dining.Special Features: