Amelia's Italian Cuisine
235 S. Main Street #107
Gainesville, FL 32601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Amelia's Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ameliasgainesville.com/
- Phone: 3523731919
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:45pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Hours May Vary -- Please make a reservation to ensure availability!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Andy Fass
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Depending on availability, our Tuscan Rose Room can accommodate your party of up to 45 people.
- Private Party Contact: Andy Fass 352-373-1919
- Entertainment: Wednesday Nights: Live Jazz with Gary Swanson Duo! 6-9pm
- Special Events: We do not accept reservations through OpenTable for New Years Eve, Valentine's Day, or UF Graduations. Please call us directly at 352-373-1919 for these special events.
A word from Amelia's Italian Cuisine
Gainesville's Finest Italian Cuisine for over 20 years! Located downtown in the Sun Center (Behind the Hippodrome). New (September 2007) Chef/Owner Andy Fass brings Amelia's back to its roots with top quality food, service, and ambiance. Nightly food and drink specials to complement the extensive Northern Italian cuisine menu selections. View our menu online at www.ameliasgainesville.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Amelia's Italian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Gainesville ›
Amelia's Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (29)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (18)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- The food was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/26/2014The food was excellent. The service was extremely slow. It was noticible that our table for 2 was just not getting served in line with others. When our food arrived it was excellent. As this was our first time perhaps we just hit a bad evening for service. The restaurant was about 75% full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2014The environment is homey and the food is excellent. The chef/owner adds his friendly welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy, but very pleasant!eatwellDined on 1/18/2014A large group was being served in the back room and the front room was full, but wait staff was very attentive, food was just as good as ever and conversation at the table was easy - no loud voices needed. T'was a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Findtia1000Dined on 1/14/2014This was the second time we have eaten at Amelia's. The food is outstanding and the prices are reasonable. Come to find out the owner Andy will come out of the kitchen and play a song for you at special occasions (ie birthdays, anniversary etc) I found this out to late. It was my birthday and I fill I missed something remarkable . Next time we are in town and it is a special occasion I will take advantage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local find!HippDinerDined on 1/11/2014We are season ticket holders to The Hippodrome Theatre. Amelia's is located behind the theatre so we can walk there for dinner. There are many local restaurants in the area but we always dine at Amelia's. The food is delicious and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningFoodieDined on 1/11/2014Treated my husband to a birthday dinner...and when I advised staff that this was my intention, the CHEF came out and played "Happy Birthday" on his saxophone at our table! What a special and unexpected treat...especially on top of the excellent cuisine! VERY memorable! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a pleasure.jeffthebuilderDined on 1/10/2014Truly wonderful food, and an attentive, helpful staff. This is by far the best Italian dining experience in town. The chef makes rounds to ensure diner satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience! Chef cameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014Great experience! Chef came out and introduce him self friendly Food was excellent service was excellent thanks ShannonSpecial Features:
- Gem but hard to find!Foodie4everDined on 1/2/2014Since we are out of towers, Amelia's was tricky but worth the effort to find. The main courses were solid-the veal Marsala was good but my chicken with eggplant, Parmesan and Tomato was terrific! The salads that came with it were above average and the cannoli a nice ending. The chef and owner was omnipresent and could not have been nicer as was our waitress. We would return happily!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Very accommodating and friendly! Food was good. Great spot for celebrating a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lasting Anniversary MemorymadforitalianDined on 12/29/2013For my first visit to this established area restaurant, I chose to make online dinner reservations for our anniversary. The notable customer service began even before my wife and I sat at our table, as the staff was quite helpful over the phone with advice and directions for parking on what turned out to be a rather rainy evening. The ambience was comfortably intimate, the staff appropriately attentive and accommodating--including the Chef and proprietor, who made a point of personally greeting the customers. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her shrimp and pasta selection, and I found yet another option to add to my list of preferred chicken marsala offerings (a personal favorite dish, and one by which I like to benchmark Italian fare).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food!JudyDined on 12/21/2013The food was incredible from appetizer through entrees. Our group had four different entrees and all were absolutely delicious. The proximity to the Hippodrome and festive downtown atmosphere was key. I'd definitely recommend this to others.Special Features:
- Excellent food ,freshly preparedFigmentDined on 12/20/2013Great location . The menu was extensive . Pasta was fresh well prepared, with a great source . Sweets were also individually prepared. All in all would recommendSpecial Features:
- Amelia's Italian Cuisine---AdgeDined on 12/17/2013I decided to try it because I have heard that it was good. We had a great time, the food was wonderful and it was a very special evening. I would go again with my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are off the mapFredDined on 12/7/2013A spectacular menu. Wonderful timely and friendly staff. Wonderful ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerJadaDined on 12/7/2013We were warmly welcomed to Amelia's - I had made reservations online and noted that we were celebrating a birthday. The hostess and our server immediately wished my son a happy birthday! The dining room was cozy and comfortable. Everyone in our party was extremely pleased with our food choices...I had the grouper special, which was fabulous! My brother had veal and my son had a pasta dish. They raved about their choices as well. We were too full for dessert, but the chef/owner surprised my son at the end of our meal with a saxophone performance of "Happy Birthday" and a candle lit sample of tiramisu! PERFECT! We'll be back and will definitely save room for dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013This was the second visit for me and my girlfriend and we were not disappointed. We both had veal entrees that were fantastic, and we split a home made spinach and artichoke dip. The dip was the best either of us have ever had. Not your Applebees or Fridays type stuff but actual, real, homemade dip. I surprised my gf by taking her here for her birthday and it was a really great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!!!!KarenBDined on 11/8/2013Took my family there while visiting son at UF. The entire family said it was the best meal they've had in a long time. Service was excellent. Chef/Owner came out to greet us and ask about our meal. All around great experience. Will return on next visit to Gville.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicejeffthebuilderDined on 11/3/2013Warm welcome, great food choices. I think it would be very hard to make a bad choice from the menu. Full bar, Large wine list. Friendly, professional wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia's: Always fun and delicious!FavoriteFeastsDined on 11/2/2013Chef Andy is tops in our book! He creates a romantic and fun restaurant with friendly and attentive service, pleasant Italian decor, and a Sax tune for special occasions. The food is excellent. It is prepared creatively, with fresh ingredients, in traditional and delicious Italian dishes. Along with a superior wine list and irresistible deserts. We eat there with friends on a monthly basis and highly recommend it to others. Thanks Chef Andy and staff for our favorite restaurant in Gainesville!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia's anniv dinnerChuckBDined on 10/19/2013As usual (we have eaten there for years) the food was well prepared, and there was a lot of it (that means a snack at home later). It was a very busy night, and things were a bit harried, but the evening went off without a hitch (due to good company to share the time with). I reccommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find but worth it.WayneDined on 10/18/2013Amelia's is tucked away in downtown. GPS won't get you there because it's not physically on the road of it's address. You will need to be prepared to spend a few extra minutes wandering to get there. But it's worth it. The food is very fresh and good. Service was impeccable. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SusanDined on 10/17/2013Everything was wonderful, staff friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulClerDined on 10/12/2013So good! Surf and turf w/bleu cheese sauce was awesome. Good thing I had my son with to help eat it. (He still got to take some home). Each and every bite was delectable. My picky hubby ordered the salmon special and loved it. Lobster ravioli was loved by my son. Will definitely go back on our next Gainesville visit. Owner was definitely involved with insuring everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening2221Dined on 10/11/2013Yummy food, good service, and a great time overall.Special Features:
- Best Italian FoodNicknameDined on 9/27/2013Very nice restaraunt. Best Italian food we've had so far in Gainesville. Parking was adequate as long as you get there early. Wait staff was very polite and service was excellent. Definitely will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodForidianDined on 9/24/2013All the food is excellent. I particularly like the fresh fish. The grouper is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFLTEXANDined on 9/21/2013We were surprised that on a football weekend this place wasn't packed. The food and service were fantastic. Everyone in our party of five thoroughly enjoyed dinner. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list and was very helpful. One person in our party has a food allergy and she made a special trip to the kitchen to be sure that there would be no issue with the person's order. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfectfondoffoodDined on 9/20/2013We had our our two children with their significant others in town and wanted to eat downtown. We had not been here in long time, and we are so glad we came. The food was delicious, the service was personal, and professional, excellent wine and a lovely experience. We will be coming back - what a great location as well.Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2013The food was amazing and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!captivatoniDined on 9/12/2013The Dentice Mugnaia (Grouper Sauteed with Olives, Capers & White Wine) was amazing. For special events, the chef/owner will come to the table with his saxophone and serenade. Overall a wonderful evening! The sauces were delicious and the portion of calamari was plenty to share. Overall, a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Always superiorWalletDined on 9/7/2013My husband and I have been going to Amelia's for over seven years. Chef Andy always remembers us and makes sure we feel special each and every time we go. In addition, the food is always amazing! They have everything from traditional Italian to wonderful seafood dishes and amazing desserts! If you are looking for a place to have a group dinner (business or pleasure) their back room is perfect and Chef Andy is always willing to customize your experience. Try it - you will always come back!Special Features:
- A Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013We think Amelia's is one of the best restaurants in the Ocala/Gainesville area. The food is always so much better and more interesting than other places. One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ever!LamsemDined on 9/6/2013I am in my 60's and have traveled extensively in my career. My guest is from Venezuela and traveled internationally as part of the US diplomatic service. Both of our meals ranks in the top of our experiences. The subtleties of the favors in our entrees were delightful! . Personalized service, including, the chef/owner visit just added to our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and locationHippDinerDined on 8/31/2013We are season ticket holders to the Hippodrome Theatre. Amelia's Restaurant is located next to the theatre. We travel about one hour to the Gainesville area to go to the theatre. We ALWAYS have dinner at Amelia's after the performance. We have been eating at Amelia's for years. Not only can we walk to the restaurant, but we consider Amelia's the best restaurant in Gainesville.Special Features:
- Chef Andy is a CharmerodoolinVIPDined on 8/30/2013Not only did Chef Andy prepare an amazing meal for our party of 5 but played happy birthday table side on his sax for not only our birthday girl but for at least 3 other tables during the evening. Will look to come back next time on Wednesday evening when Chef Andy's band is in residence at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful inimate dining experiencealbeegDined on 8/15/2013Amelia's is a gem - great food, great service, great ambience. Chef Andy sets the tone with his friendliness and accessabilty, his culinary skill (the veal dishes AND the desserts are great!), and his musical expertise (he came out and played "Happy Birthday" on his saxophone to a guest the evening we were there:) It was refreshing to sit down to a quiet dinner with white tablecloths, romantic lighting, attentive servers, and delicious food. Also, this was a refreshing break from the trend of many restaurants in town to have "live" (i.e., loud) rooms with the chatter of diners reverberating and invading every diner's space; Amelia's is a quiet and cozy place to dine. Well done, Chef Andy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & Great servicearnoc310Dined on 8/6/2013Both the server and chef/owner took great care in explaining menu items, offering suggestions, and bringing food and drinks in a timely fashion. All food that should be hot came out hot. Food was of excellent quality. I had a filet mignon that was cooked exactly to a medium rare, as ordered. I highly recommend eating here and will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian SpotRussellLovesItalianDined on 8/6/2013I LOVE LOVE this place! This is the first time that I've ever eaten at this place and I am thankful to my dentist (Dr Althsuler) for recommending it to me. The food is cooked to order (not microwaved) and it is simply fabulous! I enjoyed the ravioli w/ cream sauce, nuts...Um, um, good! The lunch menu is inexpensive as everything is under $10. The cost does not reflect the great food.To get such great tasting food at such a low price makes this place even better! By the way, it was nice that the chef and owner came to our table to introduce himself.Special Features:
- Great place!MmmmmmmmmDined on 8/4/2013Awesome food. The server was very nice and was always there when we needed her. Definitely would recommend. Can get by with $40 for two people but could easily spend much moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.