Feast - Bucktown
1616 N. Damen Ave
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Feast - Bucktown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.feastrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7737727100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Brunch: Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Feast Restaurant + Bar is available for weddings, rehearsal dinners and large parties when you need to have the whole restaurant for your event.
The guest list is up to you. Atmosphere, great service and spectacular dining are guaranteed. Please contact our General Manager, Lisa Schmidt by phone 773-772-7100 or email email@example.com for more information or to confirm your next event.
Anniversaries, B’nai Mitzvahs, Baby Showers, Birthday Parties, Bridal Showers,Business Breakfasts, Cocktail Parties, Corporate Events, Elegant Dinners, Luncheons, Rehearsal Dinners, Retirement Parties, Reunions, Special Event Brunches and Weddings
Seating capacity ranges from 10 to 100 with private and semi private arrangements. Cocktail style reception capacity is 100-175.
Visit http://feastrestaurant.com/html/downloads/Feast-Private-Events.pdf for our complete party information.
- Private Party Contact: Jake Aldrete 773-772-7100x
A word from Feast - Bucktown
Feast is a neighborhood restaurant in Chicago's Bucktown/Wicker Park area offering upscale dining in a casual atmosphere. The cuisine is globally influenced by owner Debra Sharpe's travels with famous rock stars including Paul McCartney and The Rolling Stones. In winter, enjoy hearty, seasonal favorites, while summertime offers dining in a beautiful outdoor setting.Continued
Monday and Tuesday: 1/2 price bottles of wine including Reserve List
Every day: Half price bottles of wine to go
Monday and Tuesday: 1/2 price bottles of wine including Reserve List
Every day: Half price bottles of wine to go
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Feast - Bucktown reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (4)romantic (4)special occasion (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Although the food was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013Although the food was outstanding, the staff from the hostess to the waiter was less than desirable. We were not met with a friendly welcome. Our waiter seemed disinterested. He barely answered our questions and only checked on us once from afar with a head nod.Special Features:
- Went here for NYE, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Went here for NYE, service was really fast but the food was just average.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2012Professional service, great presentation of food and very European vibe. Couldn't have asked for a more professional server.Special Features:
- Glad we had a bad time at Lokal!ChicagoJohnVIPDined on 12/22/2012After having one our worst dining out experiences moments before this reservation, we stumbled upon this place as we walked down Damen and thought it looked cute. The menu has something for everyone, pasta, pizza, burgers, steaks, chicken, and more. The calamari was AWESOME. Not too battered, not rubbery, just perfect. My wife had the Butternut Ravioli which was great, while I had the BBQ Chicken Pizza, which was good as well. I will definitely be back, even though it is not in our immediate neighborhood.Special Features:
- The food needs to be warmer.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/12/2012The food needs to be warmer. Nothing special but did like the choice of sides with sandwiches.
- Consistently GoodtapasloveVIPDined on 12/9/2012Feast is great and always lives up to the expectations. Wonton Napoleon is to die for, short ribs are delicious with whipped sweet potatoes, fish tacos were good...dessert was scrumptious. Overall never a let down at Feast.
- Can't believe I haven't triedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/7/2012Can't believe I haven't tried Feast until now! LOVED it. Family in town from Denver with a 6-month old, brunch at 1:00 on a friday afternoon and stayed until almost 4 enjoying mangotinis and food that was delish. Perfect shopping with Marc Jacobs, Tangerine, Stitch, and lululemon. Can't wait to go back but glad I train everyday for triathlon so I can try everything on the menu! SO GOOD.Special Features:
- A great address in Bucktown!thoughtfulfoodieVIPDined on 12/1/2012I chose this restaurant for the location and later found out that it was of some renown. What a fantastic meal we had! And, the gluten-free menu is a real dream. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- We absolutely love Feast,WestLoop33VIPDined on 11/23/2012We absolutely love Feast, and were very sad when they changed over their Gold Coast location to a new wine bar, Cru. After purchasing an offer from GiltCity, we trekked over to the Bucktown location for lunch, and were reminded all over again why we loved [and miss] their gold coast location so much. Great food, great service, and a great ambiance. We absolutely love Feast, and would go here anytime we are back in the Bucktown neighborhood again.Special Features:
- We had a great time here.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2012We had a great time here. The server was friendly and attentive and the food was much better than we could have expected!Special Features:
- Arrived on time for reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/3/2012Arrived on time for reservation while my husband parked and was td to wait for my party even though I had a physically challenged guest with me. Very offensive policy considering the restaurant was 70 percent empty. Lousy customer service by the hostesses.
- Service and food was excellent,nduddlesVIPDined on 11/2/2012Service and food was excellent, there was 6 in our group and everyone loved their meal along with wine and dessert. Altho a bit pricy, I would return for special events.Special Features:
- The chef is amazing! BeenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2012The chef is amazing! Been here twice and will keep coming back!Special Features:
- Very nice waitstaff, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012Very nice waitstaff, very good main course, salad, mediocre. Noise level - loud.
- the food is great! i orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2012the food is great! i ordered a wine which i didn't mean to order---the waitress replaced it w/o an attitude. i've eaten at Feast 2x in the last 3 weeks--always great food. it's in the neighborhood. and it's never a letdown. i like the outdoor garden---but, the atmosphere inside is quite nice. just try to get a table away from noisy children--if they would bother you. the wine list is the only disappointment---too many blended wines.Special Features:
- Okay food--need to improve servicemsgjkg88VIPDined on 10/19/2012This was our first visit to Feast. Mac & cheese was incredible. Short ribs were very tough -- mashed potatoes were yummy. Fish tacos were good, but the fish was one large piece in the tortilla, so it was very difficult to eat. Service was very poor -- had to flag down the waitress many times. Didn't bring our second glass of wine until we were almost finished with out dinner. Overall some food items were delicious, but others were definitely lacking. Will not rush back, sorry to say!
- This was my second time atlfrenchVIPDined on 10/11/2012This was my second time at Feast and it did not disappoint. I brought a friend that only eats vegetarian and she was very pleased as well.Special Features:
- We were in town for a conferenceJoeblowDined on 9/30/2012We were in town for a conference and were looking in the Bucktown/Wicker Park area for a place to eat and Feast is certainly a gem. Attentive service, food came out hot and delicious. Too bad they ran out of the apple pie dessert. . . will have to come back to try that.Special Features:
- Food, family, friends, but noisy!TimSDined on 9/29/2012Good food, particularly the maple glazed pork chop, but very, very noisy main room. Be prepared to talk loudly and lean close just to hear the person next to you at dinner. Definitely not the place for a quiet, romantic dinner for two. Also, surprising number of families with children there on a Saturday night. Less surprising: a lot of younger (20s) people taking their visiting parents (or the potential future in-laws) out to dinner. The food is good and the price is a decent value, hence the upscale family vibe.Special Features:
- Maple glazed pork chop w/OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Maple glazed pork chop w/ whipped sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts was FANTSTIC!Special Features:
- There was a snag with theChicagofrequentguestVIPDined on 9/23/2012There was a snag with the kitchen's preparation but it was handled very porfessionally and we felt that they went above and beyond what was needed to make us happy. Excellent waiter who knew the menu and the wine list extremely well. made excekllent reccomendations. ove the unique flights and unusual wine options.Special Features:
- I really like Feast and willOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2012I really like Feast and will definitely be back. As for my food rating, my boyfriend's ravioli was amazing but my stuffed chicken breast left something to be desired. It was a bit dry and I didn't find the very small amount of goat cheese until I was almost finished with the meal. But I've had other things there that have been incredible, so definitely give it a try. And eat on the patio in the summer! Great ambiance.Special Features:
- Mac and Cheese appetizer wasJeffVIPDined on 9/19/2012Mac and Cheese appetizer was awesome. Outdoor seating nice. Food slightly above average.Special Features:
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/17/2012We had a great experience there! Loved everything about it and would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheFoodieAtHeartVIPDined on 9/6/2012The food was very good. The server sometimes was difficult to hear/understand because of the noise in the restaurant, but overall it was a delightful and tasty meal with an vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:
- I have been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012I have been here many times and am never disappointed. I ordered the summer salad which was interesting, but I'm not sure if I would get it again. It seemed a little awkward on the plate, but still had good flavor. My boyfriend and I both ordered the sauteed whitefish with various veggies and truffle cream sauce. I love this dish so much...I always only eat half of it so I have more to take home for the next day! It is fresh, has good flavor, and is filling. My friends had the steak salad (I only tasted the steak portion, but it was very good) and the short ribs. They raved about the short ribs, which also looked very good. We sat in a room with the doors open and it was a bit chilly, but the service was great!Special Features:
- great food...would recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012great food...would recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- The food was very inventiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2012The food was very inventive and all good. The short ribs were particularly amazing as were the "hot dates."Special Features:
- 1/2 price bottles of wineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/20121/2 price bottles of wine was the highlight of my Tuesday! The food was great too! Service was different simply because we had a waitress and then 2 busboys, so I felt like tipping all 3 separately, but you obviously never know who that gratuity really goes too. I felt the busboys almost did the waitresses job despite the fact that it was pretty slow that night. The food is a bit pricey, but it was delicious so I suppose it was worth it!Special Features:
- I was there for dinner soOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/28/2012I was there for dinner so don't know what it would be like or even if they are open for brunch, lunch or late night but for Saturday night it was perfect! There is a very pretty patio seating area, a nice lounge area adjacent to the bar, and the dining room is attractive. There was a street fair going on a block away so there was lots of interesting people watching! The mac n'cheese is worthy of "The Best Thing I Ever Ate"!Special Features:
- Always great food, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2012Always great food, delicious drinks, and nice staff.Special Features:
- Food was good although myOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2012Food was good although my fish tacos were a little dry, overcooked and lacked flavor. Others in my group (5) were satisfied with their choices.Special Features:
- We loved it. The food wasRTChiDined on 7/9/2012We loved it. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. We sat outside and had a delightful time.Special Features:
- Tried two specials (pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2012Tried two specials (pasta and the pork), and both were PHENOMENAL! We found them on a dog-friendly website, which was a bit misleading, since our pup still had to stay outside of the gated outdoor area (unlike other Chicago restaurants), but they were attentive to her water and gave us a table hidden from the bustle of the street. Overall, a great night out with the whole family!Special Features:
- The food was overall prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2012The food was overall pretty good, but there were a few points that would have really put it over the top for us. The beer was not cold enough and the chips and guac needed more salt. The pace of the meal was also very quick, even though the restaurant was not that busy. We ordered our food and got it within 10 minutes.Special Features:
- Black bean burger ok..butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2012Black bean burger ok..but steak salad really mediocre
- Our group of four was delighted!UsuallystaysathomeDined on 5/17/2012Our group of four was delighted! We each had a different entree and everyone loved their meal. I also had the roasted beet salad that was wonderful.Special Features:
- Will be going back for thelfrenchVIPDined on 5/16/2012Will be going back for the outdoor dining. The service was wonderful, very quick and attentive. Can't wait to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Feast is always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/15/2012Feast is always a great meal - their covered patio is the perfect place to spend a weeknight. Monday's and Tuesday's are half-price bottles of wine which is even better! Also - I really appreciate the gluten-free menu!Special Features:
- I love Feast. Every time ImelissabmurrayVIPDined on 5/15/2012I love Feast. Every time I come I enjoy the food and the service. We started with the prosciutto pizza which was delicious and perfect for sharing. I had the turkey burger which was huge and delicious!!Special Features: