Feast - Bucktown
1616 N. Damen Ave
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Feast - Bucktown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.feastrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7737727100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Brunch: Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Feast Restaurant + Bar is available for weddings, rehearsal dinners and large parties when you need to have the whole restaurant for your event.
The guest list is up to you. Atmosphere, great service and spectacular dining are guaranteed. Please contact our General Manager, Lisa Schmidt by phone 773-772-7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to confirm your next event.
Anniversaries, B’nai Mitzvahs, Baby Showers, Birthday Parties, Bridal Showers,Business Breakfasts, Cocktail Parties, Corporate Events, Elegant Dinners, Luncheons, Rehearsal Dinners, Retirement Parties, Reunions, Special Event Brunches and Weddings
Seating capacity ranges from 10 to 100 with private and semi private arrangements. Cocktail style reception capacity is 100-175.
Visit http://feastrestaurant.com/html/downloads/Feast-Private-Events.pdf for our complete party information.
- Private Party Contact: Jake Aldrete 773-772-7100x
A word from Feast - Bucktown
Feast is a neighborhood restaurant in Chicago's Bucktown/Wicker Park area offering upscale dining in a casual atmosphere. The cuisine is globally influenced by owner Debra Sharpe's travels with famous rock stars including Paul McCartney and The Rolling Stones. In winter, enjoy hearty, seasonal favorites, while summertime offers dining in a beautiful outdoor setting.Continued
Monday and Tuesday: 1/2 price bottles of wine including Reserve List
Every day: Half price bottles of wine to go
Monday and Tuesday: 1/2 price bottles of wine including Reserve List
Every day: Half price bottles of wine to go
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Feast - Bucktown reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)good for groups (4)romantic (4)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Tasty is an Understatement!SmallTownGirlVIPDined on 11/23/2013I heard about this place while surfing a foodie website, and I'm so glad I decided to try it out. Everything was seasoned to perfection and each course was better than the last. The bacon wrapped dates and crab cakes made for the perfect starters. The whitefish was delectable. It's romantic for parties of two and joyful for 6 or more. No matter what you're craving or how many are in your party, this is the place to be. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staple in BucktownMocakesVIPDined on 10/25/2013I remember when this placed opened a long time ago! So, glad it is still around. The food is solid, wine is good and ambience is great! It can be a bit crazy in the summer with the patio open with families. But I'm glad it's still a staple in this expanding neighborhood.Special Features:
- Delicious!JMBWDined on 10/5/2013Very tasty American fare. The red velvet cheesecake dessert was probably one of the best desserts I have ever had! Bartender very nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodPurdue11Dined on 10/4/2013This restaurant was rated well, but not great on many things I saw. I was taken aback at how good the food was. The pork chop dish was absolutely amazing, and the appetizers were quite good as well. Drinks were fine, but the food really blew me away. Much more than my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely outdoor patio!KeyKeyDined on 9/7/2013I loved the ambience of Feast! Our waiter was super friendly and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Noisy during lunchWhirlySamVIPDined on 8/26/2013Neighborhood spot that attracts moms and kids for lunch. Too noisy for business lunch, but food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...a bit too noisy indoorsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/5/2013This is a terrific local favorite; very good comfort food and wonderful brunch options. It's a little too noisy when you're dining inside for easy conversation which really isn't a problem if the weather is nice and you're dining outside. I'd definitely recommend this spot for getting together with friends.Special Features:
- Great food, service needs improvememlambVIPDined on 8/3/2013We just moved to the area and wanted to give Feast a try. Although our food, drink, and the ambiance were great the service was severely lacking and not even handled well by a manager. The bartender was the only person in the establishment with any sort of hospitality. Unsure if we will go back due to this experience...Special Features:
- Disappointing ServicePRudnickVIPDined on 7/22/2013I love Feast but the services this past time was terrible and really left me feeling like I wouldn't return. Sad because they have a great menu, but the service was terrible. We waited almost 30 minutes for anyone to come to our table and then another 30 to get our drinks and then another 45 minutes to get our food, which came out wrong. The restaurant was not that busy so there really wasn't an excuse. I am hoping that the service get's better, but till then, I won't be going.
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2013It was a beautiful Friday night and we were looking for a nice spot to eat dinner outside. A friend suggested Feast and we were able to get a reservation. The menu had a bunch of good options, our waiter was helpful and attentive, and the dinner was delicious. We would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice First VisitWinedudeVIPDined on 7/12/2013My wife and I tried feast for the first time and were quite happy we made the visit. All our food was really tasty. We loved the hot dates and the calamari appetizers. The ravioli and the chicken entrees were also excellent. The service was friendly and professional. Sitting outside on the side patio was an added treat. We will definitely return and will recommend it to our friends as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Jderwin26VIPDined on 7/6/2013My friends and I ate here during a recent trip to Chicago and we had wonderful meals! The wonton, guacamole, and goat cheese crostini appetizers were to die for! The mussels had mixed reviews. I ordered the chicken breast with gnocchi and goat cheese for dinner and loved it! The steak tortilla salad and black bean burger entrees were OK according to my friends. The butternut squash ravioli was also a favorite. Overall, I had a very good experience here. It was slightly pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placegamedayVIPDined on 7/3/2013My wife and I enjoyed Feast as a cool alternative to get out of the City for a different experience. Food was very good but a pretty limited menu. Fun to walk around the area to see the shops and other entertainment venues.Special Features:
- Good food and perfect locationChicagoDinerVIPDined on 7/2/2013I have regular business meetings and Feast lets be able to talk and enjoy neighborhood activity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little better than goodcheezynonkVIPDined on 6/27/2013me and another buddy got dinner. fish tacos were great and his streak was good too. everyone was sitting outside so we joined. nice. took extremely long to get the first drinks, and a different waiter, obviouslt trying to help, made things a little confusing. all in all, I'd go backSpecial Features:
- dinner with nieceherbladyDined on 6/25/2013My husband and I visit Chicago often. He goes there monthly for his job. We had been trying to have dinner with our niece and her husband for sometime now. This was the first time it worked out. We went to Feast on their suggestion, and were not disappointed. The menu had a good selection. We were also able to take advantage of purchasing a bottle of wine half off. That was a bonus. I would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice. We ate in the outdoorBrianDined on 6/9/2013Nice. We ate in the outdoor patio. The food was quite good, the service attentive, and the weather perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but nothing spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2013We were 3 of us and ordered bruschetta to share, butternut squash ravioli, maple glazed pork chop, blackened fish tacos. The portions were big and he food tasted good. But there was no oomph factor which will make me go back again, specially given that it was expensive. For instance, the pork chop was nicely seasoned and beautifully cooked and moist from inside but it was served with standard sides. There isn't much to complain, just didn't seem so exciting after all. My taco filling and sides were very nice as well, but the tortillas were drying out and becoming hard to eat. Maybe it would be better to serve the tortillas separately. For dessert we ordered a red velvet cheesecake - big portion and divine. Also the zinfandel was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok dinner at FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2013We started with a special, the scallop appetizer and a beet salad to share. Both were a great start. They were both tasty and fresh. The scallops were particularly good and very original. I ordered the butternut ravioli, one girlfriend ordered the pork chop and the other the salmon. The pork chop was a bit overlooked but was super tasty. It came with a side of sweet potatoes that were way too sweetened too eat. I didn't try the salmon but my friend liked it. My butternut squash ravioli was way too sweet. It was drenched in maple syrup and seemed more like something that should have been served at brunch. I couldn't eat it. The server was very apologetic and brought us a free dessert. Even she could see the irony in that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/17/2013Wonton appetizer was to die for! The group of us enjoyed the ambiance and the energy of the restaurant. Quite a few kids running around which was a bit distracting but that isn't the restaurants fault, more the parents.. however the restaurant shouldn't hesitate to speak up if it's bothering the other diners. Large portions so feast is a feast. We walked away stuffed but it was delicious from start to finish. Great food, great wine, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing, I had theBostonMorganDined on 5/3/2013Food was amazing, I had the short ribs and my friend had the pizza and they were both delicious! Our waitress was amazing and I will definitly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsaaronDined on 5/3/2013Went for dinner with a group of 7 - pretty great environment for a group to chill out in. Brunch here is great too.Special Features:
- The food was good. The salmonmoneybagsVIPDined on 5/2/2013The food was good. The salmon was a bit on the small side, even for lunch. I would go again. Also, big emphasis on booze here but limited selection of very quirky stuff.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/29/2013I live right down the street and love coming here regularly. Great staff, great ambience, and great food. Never a disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fish tacos were excellent.TarsVIPDined on 4/23/2013The fish tacos were excellent. The mixed greens salad and chicken skewers were all good. The desert brownie sundae was a standout. Presentation was beautiful and it was yummy. Good, solid restaurant with moderate prices makes this a go to place in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- I love this place. We don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2013I love this place. We don't live very close to the city so we can only get out to Feast a couple / few times a year, but it is always worth the effort! Casual atmosphere and great food. Particular favorite of mine is the Coconut Curry Chicken Quesadilla. And the Feast Mac n' Cheese is not to be missed!Special Features:
- This was our first time diningItalianfoodieDined on 4/12/2013This was our first time dining at Feast. The food was wonderful and our server, Emma, was outstanding! We will definitely return with our son.Special Features:
- I had never been here before,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013I had never been here before, but would totally come back for the burgers. Excellent!Special Features:
- IckOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2013Ordered the prosciutto pizza and some bruschetta. Both were subpar; the pizza was tough and the cheese old and rubbery.
- We arrived at 2:45 and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2013We arrived at 2:45 and were seated right away. The menu was inadequate for a brunch but we did decide on the lamb which is one of my favorites. We were then informed they were out of the lamb so I decided on some breakfast food which I could have had at any corner restaurant for a lot less. As we were eating our breakfast not only did the employees bring out their own meals, they sat all around us and to my surprise at least half of them had lamb on their plates. When I questioned the waitress she said it was the scrapes of the lamb they couldnt serve. It was clearly nice slices of lamb and not scrapes. I will never be going back to that restaurant again and I will never recommend it to anyone I know.
- Excellent, SURE THING, brunch/lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2013I've been eating at Feast in Bucktown for many years. I love how bright and cheery it is! The food potions are huge and everything is made with the freshest of ingredients. I love to go their with my girlfriends for brunch or a special someone for an outdoor dining experience. The drinks are amazing too! I recently went to Feast for my third Easter brunch. EXCELLENT...as always. It's always a sure thing! Everyone can find something to love on their menu. Thanks Feast for consistently having high standards, excellent food and great service. Way to exceed your customer's expectations!!Special Features:
- More casual, less fineBarnabyDined on 3/31/2013We went fro Easter Brunch thinking it would be more of a fine restaurant serving brunch, but it turned out to be just a casual brunch place. The food was alright but not worth the $20 pre fixe price we paid for the holiday (essentially eggs and coffee with free rolls). The omelette was rubbery and filled with chopped sausage links. Seemed to be missing some chef's pride. Spinach and asparagus side was more tasty than the seafood cakes it came with. Our server was peppy and friendly and the crowd was polite and eclectic. Looked to be very kid friendly, but we were just two adults. Felt like someone else's party. It was simply more casual than I was expecting.Special Features:
- Feast Never Disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013Feast never disappoints -- whether we go here for a pizza at the bar on Fri nite or for Easter brunch, it is always excellent. Service was good, the food was excellent (I had one of the brunch specials, a phyllo egg dish and my husband had the short ribs / potatoes dish), and the food also came out quickly. We had reservations for our brunch and we were seated immediately with service from out waiter within 5 minutes of sitting. I am always impressed with Feast and so glad that it's in my neighborhood!Special Features:
- Good food and serviceStuartVIPDined on 3/30/2013The food and service were really good. First time and we will definitely go back. Good menu and everyone was nice. Manager even stopped by to see how everything was going, a nice touch.Special Features:
- great great greatPIPoodleVIPDined on 3/23/2013Great service, great food. Salad was divine. Presentation was amazing. Don't sit by the window, slight draft.Special Features:
- The Chicken breast was divinityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013The Chicken breast was divinity and the chorizo-stuffed dates were delicious! I could barely stand after eating, I was so full but because I basically wanted to lick my plate clean. The service, I believe Emma, was really good at keeping her cool (it was 9 on St Patty's day) but the restaurant was fairly calm and not too noisy. My partner enjoyed the pork chop and we both loved sipping Racer 5s (great beer selection). I hope we can eat outside here soon, we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- I would echo the other reviews.Bannon021VIPDined on 3/2/2013I would echo the other reviews. The food here really wasn't bad.. but it really wasn't great. We had the ravioli and breaded chicken. Both were "fine", nothing really special or interesting about them.
- Solid ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We had a group of six and they were very accommodating. Fast service and great food.. Great time.Special Features:
- We always love the food atPattiDined on 2/16/2013We always love the food at Feast, especially the salmon with corn cakes. We were a group of 4 and it was very difficultto hear our conversation.Special Features:
- Great food, great placefuntravelerVIPDined on 2/16/2013This is a great place-- good ambiance, the food is excellent, service is great. For some reason the night I went they were out of the first three choices of alcohol I requested. Maybe just needed to restock. Does not matter, because I will definitely go back there!Special Features: