Feast - Bucktown
1616 N. Damen Ave
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Feast - Bucktown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.feastrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7737727100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Brunch: Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Feast Restaurant + Bar is available for weddings, rehearsal dinners and large parties when you need to have the whole restaurant for your event.
The guest list is up to you. Atmosphere, great service and spectacular dining are guaranteed. Please contact our General Manager, Lisa Schmidt by phone 773-772-7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to confirm your next event.
Anniversaries, B’nai Mitzvahs, Baby Showers, Birthday Parties, Bridal Showers,Business Breakfasts, Cocktail Parties, Corporate Events, Elegant Dinners, Luncheons, Rehearsal Dinners, Retirement Parties, Reunions, Special Event Brunches and Weddings
Seating capacity ranges from 10 to 100 with private and semi private arrangements. Cocktail style reception capacity is 100-175.
Visit http://feastrestaurant.com/html/downloads/Feast-Private-Events.pdf for our complete party information.
- Private Party Contact: Jake Aldrete 773-772-7100x
A word from Feast - Bucktown
Feast is a neighborhood restaurant in Chicago's Bucktown/Wicker Park area offering upscale dining in a casual atmosphere. The cuisine is globally influenced by owner Debra Sharpe's travels with famous rock stars including Paul McCartney and The Rolling Stones. In winter, enjoy hearty, seasonal favorites, while summertime offers dining in a beautiful outdoor setting.Continued
Monday and Tuesday: 1/2 price bottles of wine including Reserve List
Every day: Half price bottles of wine to go
Monday and Tuesday: 1/2 price bottles of wine including Reserve List
Every day: Half price bottles of wine to go
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Feast - Bucktown reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (5)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)scenic view (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Very good food creativelyErvingVIPDined on 3/15/2009Very good food creatively put together at very reasonable prices. Our waiter, however, lacked most everything one would expect in a waiter, such as availability.Special Features:
- BBQ/Chipotle Salmon was goodfatboyVIPDined on 3/14/2009BBQ/Chipotle Salmon was good - as was butternut squash ravioli
- We love it for ourselves andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2009We love it for ourselves and brought the parents, who loved it too. Can't wait until it warms up and we can dine outside! Each time, the service has been really friendly and knowledgable. Well done, Paco.Special Features:
- It was our first time going,SanojmonVIPDined on 3/9/2009It was our first time going, but wow, what a great place! The food was prepared very well, and if you're a fan of calamari, it has a good sized appetizer that the table can munch and it tastes relatively well. And did I mention that Monday and Tuesday are half-priced wine bottles?! The Kung Fu Girl Riesling and the Moscato D'Asti afterwards with dessert it simply perfect. If you want a small laid back place to relax and enjoy a wine and good food, I highly suggest Feast. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- Excellent place! I will mostOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/4/2009Excellent place! I will most certainly be going back and soon! The staff was friendly and so easy to work with. 5 Stars!Special Features:
- Our server was delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2009Our server was delightful and ready to offer suggestions when asked. Our appetizer -- guacamole and chips -- was outstanding, delicious guac served with hot, freshly fried tortilla chips. Entrees (pretzel-crusted chicken breast with mashed potatoes and broccoli; panko-crusted chicken with arugula salad and potato wedges) were tasty, but not spectacular and I think a little overpriced. Desserts were wonderful -- cheesecake with chocolate ganache and the apple-berry crisp. Design and environment are delightful. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The Wednesday night $25 appetizer/eOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2009The Wednesday night $25 appetizer/entree/glass of wine deal is really great. The food was for the most part really good except for the tuna, in which case we got our money's worth!Special Features:
- Nice find. The food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 2/17/2009Nice find. The food was very good. Tried the signature Mac and Cheese. Nice rendition of a comfort food classic. Good service. Looking forward to their expansion into Lincoln Square.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic. Had bottlemamoosedetroisVIPDined on 2/15/2009Food was fantastic. Had bottle of wine by the cozy fireplace. Good, friendly service in the diningroom. Good wine selection at reasonable prices. Try the short rib, butternut squash, the mussels appetizer and favorful spinach salad. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- I'd been to Feast before andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009I'd been to Feast before and had an excellent meal. I had one of the chicken items (stuffed chicken with gnocchi I think - recommended). So when I made the reservation for Valentine's Day and saw the $45/pp fee, I was expecting greatness. I got less. It was three courses - appetizer, entree and dessert. The appetizers were mostly fish-focused, and while I do eat fish, I thought that didn't give much variety. I had the lobster/shrimp cocktail, which was 3 or 4 small shrimp with cocktail sauce and the lobster was non-existent. They ran out of creme brulee and I guess they misled ppl with the fondue item. If I had gone on any other day, it would've been ok, but the pricey bill and the not-so-spectacular food left me disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful Valentine's DayAspecVIPDined on 2/14/2009Wonderful Valentine's Day experience! Great food, great service. Try the tuna/salmon sashimi in wonton. Only problem was after dinner the valet could not be found to get our car. He finally showed up after almost twenty minutes.Special Features:
- It was Valentne's day- theyChgofoodieVIPDined on 2/14/2009It was Valentne's day- they were very friendly, but the kitchen seemed a bit confused and our waitress had to keep asking as she didn't really seem to know what the dish was supposd to have on it- so didn't realize we and some of our "neighbors" kept getting a messed up dessert.Special Features:
- Wonton Napoleon is outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/9/2009Wonton Napoleon is outstanding! Great wine list... I went on a half price bottle night, but the original prices of the bottles are already very nicely priced to begin with. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The food is edible but notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/27/2009The food is edible but not great. I don't plan on returning.
- Th food was above averageOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/12/2009Th food was above average and priced well. Half price bottles of wine on Monday and Tuesday make it an even more attractive dining option.Special Features:
- Was (very pleasantly) surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2008Was (very pleasantly) surprised to find out about their Wednesday night Prix Fixe offering. We both had one of the specials, split an appetizer, and a dessert (to-go) and a glass of wine. A crazy good deal, and and our meals were delicious.Special Features:
- The fireplace at the frontOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/21/2008The fireplace at the front entrance was perfect. The food was delicious and the service was inpeccible.Special Features:
- Was a nasty nite out weather-wise,fatboyVIPDined on 12/20/2008Was a nasty nite out weather-wise, and at 6:15PM (Saturday nite) the place was EMPTY. (Never had been there before but had seen crowds outside for Sunday brunch - so gave it a dinner-time try.) Waiter was very nice - and we had a very good & simple appetizer - the bruschetta. Both entrees were very good as well (butternut squash ravioli & short ribs). Place filled up as we were eating - but wasn't too noisey. Dinner was good - would/will go again. Only negative - hostess scewed up our opentable reservation as we checked in - cancelling it rather than checking us in, and restaurant was not particularly helpful in getting that corrected.
- The food was really good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/20/2008The food was really good. They had the best tres leches dessert I've ever had. I was upset at arriving 10 minutes early for a 5:30 reservation on a cold and snowing day only to be told upon walking in (door unlocked) that the restaurant wasn't open yet and that we had to go back outside and wait in the cold. The restaurant was full of employees so it would not have been a safety issue for them to have let us sit at a table or the bar and wait where it was warm. I didn't intend to go back after being treated like that, so they are lucky that the food was so good that I want to try other items on their menu. Had the food not overridden the bad welcome, they would have lost us as a repeat customer. Good service after being seated.Special Features:
- Feast was fantastic. We orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/19/2008Feast was fantastic. We ordered two appetizers and two entrees and were happy with all of them. The savory bread pudding that came as a side with my maple glazed chicken was a nice surprise. Portions were pretty big, I took a doggy bag and still didn't have room for dessert. Servers were attentive and friendly and they don't mind questions about the menu or special requests. I would go back to try more dishes, esp. the salmon that I saw on a neighboring table.Special Features:
- Strong restaurant, well run,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/12/2008Strong restaurant, well run, they do not rush you, they also do not let you sit unattended too long. perfect service.
- Really a warm, colorful atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/6/2008Really a warm, colorful atmosphere. I loved the fireplace when you first walk in. The hostess and waitstaff were very nice, the food was great. It reminded me of fine dining comfort food. It is definitely a romantic spot for two, but it looked like a lot of fun for a group as well. I live in the neighborhood and this was my first time, but we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Feast is an excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2008Feast is an excellent restaurant that offers a very fun and tasty menu. The food was really excellent and the portions were large. The service was also excellent. We started with their Guaomola with homemade fresh fried chip. Very tasty and really enjoyed the fresh made chips. The Salmon dish was so good that I would return just to have that dish. Overall we had a great dinning experience and would return.Special Features:
- Feast almost lived up to itsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/18/2008Feast almost lived up to its name. We had two appetizers and two entrees with a bottle of wine. The calamari was fried and among the best we've had in Chicago. The coating was light, well-seasoned and not over-done. The scallops were to die for, with apples and bits of Spanish chorizo. The combination was delicious. My wife's entree, a black bean ravioli in cream sauce was quite good, if a bit overly heavy. I had a bacon cheeseburger which I ordered medium. Too my taste it was more medium-rare. A bit disappointing. I forgot to mention dessert. We shared a pecan torte with vanilla ice cream. Both were excellent. Great, attentive service without being obtrusive made the night pleasant. We'll go again. You should too!Special Features:
- I went for brunch a few daysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2008I went for brunch a few days ago and had a really nice time. Teh menu is really large and has savory and sweet items on the menu. Add to that brunch cocktails and a full lunch menu as well, it was a great place for any type of eater. I took my wife and parents and we all had a great time. We didn't have to wait because of a reservation, but it was very crowded and pretty loud on a Sunday afternoon. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- fantastic place, try the guacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2008fantastic place, try the guacamole appetizer--it is awesome!