Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
13340 Dallas Parkway, Suite 1369
Dallas, TX 75240Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 9727592277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 5:00PM Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM Sunday: 5PM - 9PM Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marc Morton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)fit for foodies (62)romantic (61)notable wine list (41)good for groups (31)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very expensive - poor servicegrobs99Dined on 6/27/2014It was comedic for a restaurant in this price range - $200 for cocktail, dinner and a shared dessert. I was chuckling from the start. The waiter did not know the food preparation to answer basic questions. My wife has a food allergy and he still served us something with that ingredient. I ordered theirsignature cocktail and they were unable to make it that night due to some missing ingredient. The waiter ordered the wrong dish for me and blamed me for the mixup. My wife had the crab legs and they were served cold. They capped it off by asking us if we wanted dessert... while we were still eating dinner. I've been to the San Diego location and it was awesome. I think they need to try something new in Dallas. Won't be back.
- delicious seafoodcrabcakeloveDined on 6/25/2014We only come here on special occasion because of the high prices but when we do we always spoil ourselves with yummy seafood. I love the crab cakes there. Very juicy and fresh. Love the sauce that comes with it. They make birthday celebrations very special with a complementary baked Alaskan. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1681 reviews are from the Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas reviews archive.
- Amazing!TxfoodieDined on 6/21/2014We went here for my birthday dinner. They surprised us with custom made menus - such a classy touch! The portions are large enough to share but so delicious you may not want to. The crab cake was delicious and a definite must have. Service was top notch. Everything was perfect from the time we entered the restaurant until we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLovedallasDined on 6/19/2014Although it's not run by the Westin, it is still in the hotel. But don't think for one minute Oceanaire is your run-of-the mill hotel restaurant. The raw bar is elegant and a vibrant scene. Decent wine list. Dinner was outstanding!!! The raw oysters were fresh and delicious. But the twin lobster tails were out of this world!!!! Wait staff were very courteous and prompt. Overall excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Everything and MoreCliffDined on 6/14/2014Wow, service was outstanding, food was excellent, wine was divine. Overall one of the best restaurants in Dallas in my opinion. Simply put, it is a Do Over!Special Features:
- Awesome Time at Oceanaire!DivineDineDined on 6/13/2014Our experience started from the moment we walked in the door. The ambiance was nice. The Manager for the evening welcomed us & we were led to our table. My friends & I enjoyed several dishes. They were all fun & tasteful! Our server was very knowledgeable about where our seafood originated. We were impressed! We had an awesome time at Oceanaire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a work dinnerclphillyDined on 6/11/2014Great fresh seafood and a great atmosphere. I am never disappointed by a meal here. Appetizers are large enough portions to share or in some cases serve as an entree. Great attentive service too.Special Features:
- Always a great placeSomuchwineVIPDined on 6/11/2014My wife and I stop by whenever we can, usually for lunch. They have excellent service and the food never disappoints. Our favorite appetizer is the oysters, and they serve them fresh and chilled the way they should be. Great place for good seafood.Special Features:
- The buss boy was a better serverluvoffoodDined on 6/8/2014For a high class restaurant the service was not up to our standards. Im paying $50+/plate I'd like for my drink to be refilled and to wait less than 15 minutes to be greeted, asked if I want dessert, and to be cashed out. Food was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the money a no.ButchDined on 6/8/2014Ambience was great. Appetizers were great. My Halibut was very small and little taste for the price. My wifes Scampi was very good. All in all I feel the food is over priced , Service was fair but not good. Will not recommend for friends nor will I return. This was a special occasion for us beings it was our 40th Anniversary and it turned out unspecial.
- Great Food as Always!pamporter600Dined on 6/7/2014The food was fabulous, service was a bit slower than I have had in the past, but overall a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best in DallasSteveDined on 6/7/2014Oceanaire continues to be one of our favorite places to dine - in the country! We love the atmosphere, the staff and the food. Always excellent. Nice, but not stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2014Celebrated my daughters' graduation and had a party of 9. Food was excellent and the only reason I give a 4 out of 5 for service is because we weren't asked if we wanted the bill split before hand and it took an extremely long time to get that done, but other than that the service was very, very good. Management was engaging (which is always nice). My family and I had a wonderful time! Thanks and great job to my favorite restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond my expectationsCoit70Dined on 6/7/2014Our dining experience was beyond our expectations. Our server was very attentive and pleasant. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service excellent, food averageBobSDined on 5/31/2014I eat at a number of Landry's restaurants and I must say the food this last time was average. The only fair way to make this judgement is to compare with other Landry restaurants. I wish we had a Willie G's and a good traditional Landry's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014Excellent food and service! Terrific wine. Definitely a jewel.Special Features:
- Mehhh...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/30/2014Went here because we heard they had a great happy hour...problem was poor service. We ordered 3 items from H-hour menu, our order came out wrong. Shrimp and grits was really good, filet sliders were over cooked, got mussels, ordered fish tacos. Could tell the person who brought us food was annoyed with bartender which tells me orders are wrong a lot. Ordered a $14.00 margarita that was made with sweet n sour when described as made with lime juice...not good. Felt like we had to flag down bartenders for service when we're sitting right in front of them. Overall would not go back... $98 but felt like way less. Too bad, beautiful restaurant but not worth the money.
- Had a great dinnerTiffandShaneDined on 5/25/2014We had a wonderful evening at the Oceanaire. We were celebrating my daughter's 18th birthday. The personalized menu was a fun touch. The food was delicious and our server was very attentive without being annoying. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceLAWRENCEDined on 5/24/2014Started at the Oyster bar and tried out the varieties of oysters. The Host was accommodating to our request to dine upstairs. The King Crab legs and Salmon dishes were cooked perfectly and served promptly. For dessert, he Key Lime pie and Carrot Cake were huge. Enough for three. Service was attentive without bearing overbearing.Special Features:
- Fantastic on all countsClassicFoodieDined on 5/23/2014The Oceanaire ranks up on the top of my all-time exquisite seafood restaurants. The decor is classy, the service was incredible, and the food was simply amazing. A bit on the pricier side, so for special occasions, but worth it. Definitely in the books for fancier (but not stuffier) nights out.Special Features:
- Great Place 4 Any CelebrationVenusisgorgeousDined on 5/23/2014Waitress (Nina) was fantastic. Been here several times before and on Mother's Day had a waiter that was kind of snippy, bordered on rude, and very up attentive. Friday May 23 was a completely different experience. Nina took our order and visited the table several times to make jokes with my kids and myself. She was very professional and attentive, even when she got a party of about 12 in the section next to us. She recommended excellent dishes and drinks (for me). She wasn't rude and did not make an assumption about the kind of guest I would be. I spent $280 including the tip for myself and my 2 kids. Good food + good service earns high dollars! I will request Nina's section on my next visit!Special Features:
- Just OkayLoveStruckVIPDined on 5/17/2014I suspect our expectations were too high...it was nice enough, but not high on the "would you recommend" list.Special Features:
- It was a special occassioncasmallDined on 5/17/2014Making the reservation was a breeze and the restaurant was ready when we arrived, so we had no wait. The hostesses could class up what they wear since they are who we see first. Online the restaurant was reviewed as a "dressy" place, but a lot of people were very casual with shorts, flip flops, ect...disappointing. We were met by our server quickly and he was great! Its a bit pricey, but the food was really good - not great. All in all, we had a good time, but this won't become a repeated visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed for the 1st TimeFoodFoodie1261Dined on 5/17/2014It was my daughter's birthday (plus her best friend and my fiance' were with us) and it was just not a good night on all levels. The restaurant. knew in advance that it was her birthday and that she had never been there prior. I asked that they make it special. Menus were nice w/her name on top. We were sat upstairs next to a very large party, and the ambiance wasn't nice at all. It was cramped and quite frankly very cold feeling. She & friend ordered scallops (over $40) & there were only 4 VERY SMALL scallops. They were starving when we left. My fish was 1/4 of the size it usually is & my fiance's dish cold and small. The drinks were mostly ice and very small as well. It makes me sad but if this is the new Oceanaire, I won't be back.
- Great food!DisappointedVIPDined on 5/15/2014Because we were staying at the Westin in the Galleries Mall, we ate here twice. The first night was outstanding! Carl, our server, was exceptional....full of fun and offered superb dining choices! Our meals were impeccably prepared and delicious. On our second visit, the server fell short if our expectations, failing to provide requested items and missing an opportunity to help us celebrate an important birthday. I'd like to give five stars across the board for the first evening....but must take a few away for the second. Still, the food is amazing, so it's worth the visit.....just ask for Carl's table!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced, under performancewontbebackDined on 5/11/2014Wont be back. Too rushed, too expensive, to noisy, our fish was not up to par.
- Bad experience for high end diningfoodieDined on 5/11/2014We arrived promptly for our reservations of 10 on Mothers Day for dinner. Cordially greeted by male host and escorted through packed dining room to the back of restaurant next to kitchen. Bread, menus and water were brought out immediately-off to a good start. It was when we finished the bread & butter and reviewed our menu choices that we realized no one has came by our table to get our drink orders...30 minutes passed and my brother went to asked host who was our waiter. apparently, our table was never assigned one! a nice waitress rushed over and took appetizer order and children's order. By the time kids leftovers were packed the entrees still did not arrive. A dinner that started at 630pm didn't end until 930pm and no time for dessertSpecial Features:
- Great SpotRichDined on 5/11/2014Excellent - for those that love seafood, Oceanaire is a real gem.Special Features:
- Mother's DaypickydinerDined on 5/11/2014A good choice for Mother's Day. Parking was somewhat of a problem but, I guess that was due to it being located at the Galleria and Mother's Day. Overall, food was good, service was good and sides portion were adequate enough to feed a family of 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy the OceanaireathenslawyerDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I took our daughter to Oceanaire to celebrate her 18th birthday. As always, the food and service were great. The staff was aware of it being a special occasion and went out of their way to make it a special night for our daughter.Special Features:
- Date NightGLockDined on 5/9/2014Great food and customer service. Out waitress was great and honest. If we asked her about an item on the menu, she would tell us if she recommended it or would honestly tell us she haven't tried it and doesn't know if it good or not we liked that. Food was pricey but excellent. We expected the prices and was not disappointed after eatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BCOKDined on 5/9/2014Very good food and service. Excellent menu. wine list was complete and contained some excellent wines.Special Features:
- Turning fortyLokikcDined on 5/8/2014We stayed at the Westin and wanted a "eat, drink, and be merry" no hassle eve. Our night was excellent! Lobster, crusted Chilean sea bass, creamed corn, mushroom blend, Brussels Sprouts with bacon....and flaming baked Alaska. Our server was very attentive, our table felt private because we were in the booths and the restaurant was lively but the noise was not something I even noticed until I read the line on this eval and thought...well, there probably was noise but we didn't even register it! Completely had a fabulous eve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peteVIPDined on 5/2/2014Always a good experience. This is the only place in Dallas to get oysters.Special Features:
- Oceanaire ExperienceLuv2eatoutDined on 4/30/2014Ambiance was amazing. Appointed as if you are on an Ocean Liner is was very attractive. The bar is stacked high with fresh oysters and lobsters which really peaks your hunger. My main course was truly outstanding. As one of the Chef's Selections, the "scallops piccata " was wonderful. Our server was the best. Overall wonderful experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/28/2014Calamari was greasy and soggy. Clam chowder was too thick and few clams. Trout was a skinny half fillet. Really skinny. Bread was not warmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what's NOT to like....pinkyDined on 4/27/2014We visit the Oceanaire several times a year...it is very expensive (esp. the wine) but we always enjoy the food, etc. If it was NOT so expensive we would go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 Year Wedding AnniversaryEDubbDined on 4/26/2014From the time I booked online, which was easy, throughout our arrival and departure everyone was awesome!!! The food, waitress, managers all were great! My wife and I are definitely coming back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gumbo, Scallops CheesecakeSurfDined on 4/25/2014The gumbo was spicy but not too, the scallops broiled just right and the cheesecake moist but just crumbly enough.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Our family of 6 adults and two small children were very pleased with our experience. We were seated promptly and they were very helpful setting up the two children. Our server Wes was very friendly and courteous to all of us. The noise level was so nice and thankfully our two kiddos were good as well. We would definitely choose Oceanaire again for our Easter Brunch.Special Features: