Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
13340 Dallas Parkway, Suite 1369
Dallas, TX 75240Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theoceanaire.com/
- Phone: 9727592277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 5:00PM Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM Sunday: 5PM - 9PM Reservations Recommended
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marc Morton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas
As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Oceanaire Seafood Room - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)romantic (68)fit for foodies (67)notable wine list (46)good for groups (34)great for lunch (15)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (6)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Alaskan Brew Dinner-GREAT!pamporter600Dined on 7/26/2014My guests from Australia were very impressed with the quality of the food, the service and the selection. Thanks!Special Features:
- First visitjohnincarrolltonDined on 7/26/2014This was our first visit but we had a very enjoyable dinner. We shared the crab cake appetizer and were very impressed. the bread was delicious but the waiter didn't know where it came from. he also referred to the relish tray as a radish tray. i enjoyed the copper river salmon knowing it was the end of the season. served with Brussel sprouts and bacon, it was very flavorful. my wife had the same topping for her trout and it was very good. Because of its location at the Westin, using, and paying for valet parking ($7 with restaurant validation) , plus tip, was an expense i would prefer not to have.Special Features:
- Seafood wasn't fresh @ allDebbyPVIPDined on 7/26/2014Oceanaire is top dollar for average at best old dry seafood- Excellent wine list, bib salad had iceberg lettuce w little garnish, hallabut was said to be flown in fresh - it was dry very small & old @ 38$ the barrel fish was fatty & greasy not a good meal but nice ambiance - go for drinks only
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We had a very nice dining experience on our anniversary, neither of us drink and we shared a meal although we had soup, appetizer and desert, the waiter was attentive, suggested when we asked, gladly split our servings, we do tip accordingly knowing that our bill will be less and did not detect any reluctance on waiter not knowing we understand our bill will be less.Special Features:
- Barrel AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Ordered the crab cake and barrel fish. The barrel fish was very chewy and felt way over cooked. I would have sent it back but it took so long to get the food in the first place i did not. The crab cake was the best i have ever eaten. Would go back for the crab cake, but will not order another piece of fish.
- SydniDined on 7/22/2014Fantastic food and amazing service. It was a little loud for a business dinner with a large table, but we all enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2014Lobster special was possibly over cooked tail was rubbery
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Great food, great service, great experience highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Extensive seafood menu/optionsemmalouDined on 7/19/2014Relaxing atmosphere, liked the blue lighting. The food was rich, almost too heavy, mashed potatoes were way too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Reliable!DeborahDined on 7/19/2014As usual, the food at Oceanaire is always good. Fresh fish and always great raw oysters make this a good standard in the area.Special Features:
- Anniversary SpotJPagsDined on 7/19/2014We went for our anniversary and were treated to a special dessert. The service was outstanding and the food, as always, exceeded expectations.Special Features:
- Great PLace for dinnermarkDined on 7/18/2014Very attendative staff and the good was well prepared and served very wellSpecial Features:
- rudetommytboneDined on 7/18/2014We should have turned and left after meeting the Hostess. Wal-Mart greeters are appealing Dinner was down hill from that point on
- DealmanDined on 7/18/2014Great food,great service.I responded to an aggressive offer by the Oceanaire for a special occation,and it went off without a hitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for Expense account diningLukeDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I had the lobster, it was pretty good. We split the Brussels sprouts for our side dish and we didn't care for them. We had the crab cake as an appetizer, it was the highlight of the meal. The place is pretty outrageously expensive. The valet is $17, crazy even by Dallas standards. Our dinner for two was over $200. Pretty expensive unless your on an expense account.Special Features:
- "Stuffed Lobster"SlotllEyellViewDined on 7/18/2014My wife's 2lbs steamed lobster was adequate. Mine however, less than satisfactory. Almost non-edible. I'm aware that other seafood eaters don't mind a lbs of poo: I Do. The claws became the highlight of my meal. Our waiter saw my face of discust and stressed: its the luck of the draw with lobsters. I do not have this problem at other upper echelon restaurants. Out of respect for Landry's, I will not name preferred restaurants of our choice but we're done with the Oceanaire. New customers may love it, but I'm a veteran of fine dining. If my check resembles a car note payment; my experience better FEEL as if it were actually worth the money. I've dined at a few Oceanaire locations nationally and since "the takeover", Supreme disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014I had the Halibut and it was awesome, Very good service
- lovely dinner experienceluvthisplaceDined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed a lobster dinner with excellent service for our first dining excursion to Oceanaire Seafood Room. We all enjoyed the food & the wine. Our server was the very best. Oceanaire Seafood Room would be a superb date night dinner spot as the setting is pleasant & romantic. We will definitely be returning. Regrettably the maître d' was arrogant. Our party was all women over 60, & after the hostess has asked our preference for seating in the empty dining room, we opted for a table. The maître d' then came up & whispered to the hostess to seat us upstairs. I thought that very rude considering our ages, & the fact that the downstairs was empty. Kindly the hostess asked us if upstairs was suitable & we said NO. The hostess was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristinaLWVIPDined on 7/16/2014The fried asparagus was amazing as always. Wine list is extensive. Delicious every time.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014We do a dinner here once a month for business, but also come as a family about the same. Always wonderful food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!PruettReviewsDined on 7/14/2014From the moment we arrived, the staff at Oceanaire fulfilled our every need. Everything was flawless, and the food was amazing. Best fish I've ever had!! Thank you for making our anniversary celebration phenomenal!! :)Special Features:
- Always get great food and serviceHosteenDined on 7/13/2014If you want fresh fish prepared well and a great cocktail arrive early,slow times and get the best value in DFWSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightPaulHDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I decided to have dinner here for one of our regular date nights. It was recommended by our friend who lives in Dallas- since we were just visiting the city. The ambiance was romantic and elegant. The restaurant itself was contemporary by design. Staff was pleasant. Seafood is their specialty and it did not disappoint. We enjoyed calamari and crab cakes for appetizers. I continued with the crab theme for entree while sharing large portions of potatoes au gratin and brussel sprouts. My wife enjoyed a blackened halibut. We would be happy to return next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great place. Service is wonderful. Great wine choices. Fish was just fish, but sides were outstanding. Try the Brussels sprouts. Delicious! And when they say that a dessert is for two, it's really for about 4 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OceanaireoldschoolsnobDined on 7/12/2014We love this special occasion place because the ambiance lets you know you are transported to someplace special. My teenager chooses this as her birthday place to get the special treatment, we practice manners with no resistance, and the fish is fresh and wonderful. Wish i was an oyster person because the list of oysters is impressive, the oyster bar looks fun. service is non intrusive but very knowledgeable and pleasant Being a part of Landry chain made me suspicious, but you can't tell. "Powder Room" on ladies restroom transports me back to the days of my grandmother's Queen Mary first class service. This place will make you feel special.I'm a low carb eater, so pigging out on crab is heaven. Go for a booth to feel away from the din.Special Features:
- snailsWilburdudeDined on 7/12/2014Ordered escargot, no snails were in the dish, just pesto and a bread head. Brussel sprout leaves too tough to eat. Copper River salmon OK. Scallops better. Wine fine and margarita was OK? MOST Landry restaurants are exceptional, this one was not.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to be.JcarradVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food doesn't seem as fresh as it used to. The crowd is lighter than it used to be. It's just not as much fun as it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TurpDined on 7/6/2014We were very - very pleased with our dinner at the Oceanaire in Dallas. This is our 2nd time at this location and just as the first time it exceeded our desires. The staff was outstanding and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Time No SeeGlomDined on 7/5/2014We selected this restaurant because we wanted some fresh seafood AND the ability to be able to converse. A lot of high end restaurants don't have the capacity to do this. Our evening was lovely - the drinks delicious, the food impeccable, and the noise level just perfect. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK.ReneeGVIPDined on 6/28/2014We came here because I had a great experience a couple of years ago and we had a birthday gift card to Landy's restaurants. I called and requested a booth on the 2nd floor, but we got a half booth half table when I prefer a full booth, but fine. Our waiter was nice, but the pacing was way off. It took forever to place our order, get our drinks, and app, but then we felt rushed for the rest of the meal. In fact, while we were only halfway through our salad course, I saw our food arrive and then taken back down to sit under a warmer. Maybe that's why the seafood main course was...fine. Nothing special (and the $12 for 3 tiny pieces of lump crab was not worth it)! The baked alaska was great but it was too little too late.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration/Date nightFoodyDined on 6/27/2014We arrived more than an hour early than our reservation and surprisingly our table was ready! We were very impressed with our server and the pre-printed menus with the Happy Birthday message at the too. (Sadly I forgot to take one home 😞) The food was wonderful. The crab cake was not as good as I thought it would be although it tastes decadent. My King Crab legs were shelled for me and they were the best I've ever had. The wine we picked was a perfect match with our food. We will be making Oceanaire a yearly tradition at least if not more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive - poor servicegrobs99Dined on 6/27/2014It was comedic for a restaurant in this price range - $200 for cocktail, dinner and a shared dessert. I was chuckling from the start. The waiter did not know the food preparation to answer basic questions. My wife has a food allergy and he still served us something with that ingredient. I ordered theirsignature cocktail and they were unable to make it that night due to some missing ingredient. The waiter ordered the wrong dish for me and blamed me for the mixup. My wife had the crab legs and they were served cold. They capped it off by asking us if we wanted dessert... while we were still eating dinner. I've been to the San Diego location and it was awesome. I think they need to try something new in Dallas. Won't be back.
- delicious seafoodcrabcakeloveDined on 6/25/2014We only come here on special occasion because of the high prices but when we do we always spoil ourselves with yummy seafood. I love the crab cakes there. Very juicy and fresh. Love the sauce that comes with it. They make birthday celebrations very special with a complementary baked Alaskan. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!TxfoodieDined on 6/21/2014We went here for my birthday dinner. They surprised us with custom made menus - such a classy touch! The portions are large enough to share but so delicious you may not want to. The crab cake was delicious and a definite must have. Service was top notch. Everything was perfect from the time we entered the restaurant until we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLovedallasDined on 6/19/2014Although it's not run by the Westin, it is still in the hotel. But don't think for one minute Oceanaire is your run-of-the mill hotel restaurant. The raw bar is elegant and a vibrant scene. Decent wine list. Dinner was outstanding!!! The raw oysters were fresh and delicious. But the twin lobster tails were out of this world!!!! Wait staff were very courteous and prompt. Overall excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Everything and MoreCliffDined on 6/14/2014Wow, service was outstanding, food was excellent, wine was divine. Overall one of the best restaurants in Dallas in my opinion. Simply put, it is a Do Over!Special Features:
- Awesome Time at Oceanaire!DivineDineDined on 6/13/2014Our experience started from the moment we walked in the door. The ambiance was nice. The Manager for the evening welcomed us & we were led to our table. My friends & I enjoyed several dishes. They were all fun & tasteful! Our server was very knowledgeable about where our seafood originated. We were impressed! We had an awesome time at Oceanaire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a work dinnerclphillyDined on 6/11/2014Great fresh seafood and a great atmosphere. I am never disappointed by a meal here. Appetizers are large enough portions to share or in some cases serve as an entree. Great attentive service too.Special Features:
- Always a great placeSomuchwineVIPDined on 6/11/2014My wife and I stop by whenever we can, usually for lunch. They have excellent service and the food never disappoints. Our favorite appetizer is the oysters, and they serve them fresh and chilled the way they should be. Great place for good seafood.Special Features:
- The buss boy was a better serverluvoffoodDined on 6/8/2014For a high class restaurant the service was not up to our standards. Im paying $50+/plate I'd like for my drink to be refilled and to wait less than 15 minutes to be greeted, asked if I want dessert, and to be cashed out. Food was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.